Goku is perhaps the most powerful fictional character ever.

champion837

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By champion837
Member since 2012 • 1423 Posts

And statistics (not bias or unequal weights that plague versus debates) HEAVILY back this claim.

When he went against the saiyans his power level was around 9,000.

After the frieza saga his power level was at around 20 million. Now...... I don't know about you, but to me, that type of power increase is absolutely bizarre to say the least. That doesn't even make sense.

How can a thing (fictional or fact) go from 9,000 to 20 million. I didn't say 9,000 to 25,000, but 9,000 20 million...

Let's put this in perspective. If your favorite super hero were to go against 9,000 Goku and lose, then why is there a debate about who is stronger than Goku. And what's scarier is the Goku that people think of going against Superman is the same type of Goku that has a power level of 9,000.......... And with that the Superman debate is not only over, but is a statistical impossibility considering that most people have had in the past a 9,000 Goku winning the battle against Superman.

And what's even more daunting is the fact that I only mentioned Super Saiyan 1. And not the other Super Saiyan levels that make Super Saiyan 1 look like a total joke.

Drunk_PI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Drunk_PI
Member since 2014 • 3358 Posts

Unless you punch him in the dick.

Loading Video...

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#3  Edited By nepu7supastar7
Member since 2007 • 6773 Posts

That honor I give to Superman and Doctor Manhattan. You're talking about figures and stats but Superman's power is infinite. A level Goku cannot reach in his lifetime and a source of power that never runs out.

champion837

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 champion837
Member since 2012 • 1423 Posts

@killered3: You're taking "infinite power" waaaaaaaaay out of context.

Because of that were the case, then Superman would be as powerful as God (since God has "infinite power"), which is totally absurd.

CountBleck12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#5 CountBleck12
Member since 2012 • 4726 Posts

Wrong answer.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts

In comics it would probably be the Living Tribunal or The One Above all or whatever he's called (stan lee's character in the marvel universe). The Stan Lee character has the powers of God pretty much.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7 FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20248 Posts
Loading Video...

nuff said

CountBleck12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#8 CountBleck12
Member since 2012 • 4726 Posts

@fireembiem_man The only "entertaining" part of those videos are the raging loser nerds arguing in the comment sections.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36039 Posts

As much as I didn't care for the movie I will forever be obligated to point out Dr. Manhattan from Watchmen whenever this sort of topic comes up. Goku may be godlike in strength, but very little separates Dr. Manhattan from actually being a true God.

bmanva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10  Edited By bmanva
Member since 2002 • 4680 Posts

Man, I miss these "who would win in a fight" between two fictional characters... oh wait I don't because I'm not 10 anymore.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#12 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

Sorry but Goku would get wrecked by Saitama (one punch man), I love Goku but how many times has he died and came back to life cause of the dragon balls. Hell Goku would get wrecked by a lot of fictional characters (Superman, Phoenix, Dr. Manhattan, Thanos just to name a few).

Bigfatmistake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Bigfatmistake
Member since 2016 • 383 Posts

1. One Punch Man wins this battle, sorry. He was even specifically written to turn these kind of arguements on their head.

2. As per DBSuper, which is 100% canon, Vegeta is equal level as him. Possibly stronger as suggested by at least 2 people. Also, @FireEmblem_Man, Superman is no longer stronger than Goku after DBSuper.

3. Countless Marvel cosmic/magic tier reality altering characters also win this battle, again sorry. Possibly even Dr.Strange with certain spells and prep (at his prime).

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#14 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44557 Posts

More powerful than Superman? Superman is so powerful he's outright boring.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d8401f17c55
deactivated-57d8401f17c55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#15 deactivated-57d8401f17c55
Member since 2012 • 7221 Posts

Except one Punch man, who was written to be invincible so.

Superman? I think Krillin would win :P

Lord_Daemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#17 Lord_Daemon
Member since 2005 • 24535 Posts

Whenever these topics pop up, it saddens me when people still mention Dr. Manhattan as a candidate. I suppose as far as super-hero movies goes he's probably the most powerful...well except Thanos whose molecular structure can't be manipulated...even without the infinity gems...though I suppose they may downgrade him for the films as they often tend to do. But in the comics and manga, there are many people who would dust Dr. Manhattan. It would be funny having him encounter The Impossible Man or The Post Brothers.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23912 Posts
Loading Video...

Once again Superman wins.

Sorry, but superman can destroy galaxies by merely sneezing.

Edit: Also,

Link consumes infinite mana potion. Link Casts invincibility spell.

1. Goku either gets close in an attempt to pummel him, in which case Link retaliates with an instagib banishing light arrow.
2. Link, being a child merely waits for Goku to get old and wins the battle that way.

Link wins.

Point is, see hos stupid these character battles are?

hippiesanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#19 hippiesanta
Member since 2005 • 10301 Posts

No... ultraman is

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By nepu7supastar7

@champion837: If you know enough about Superman and DBZ, you would come to the same conclusion. It all comes down to the design of the characters and Goku isn't built to fight someone like Superman. By every account Superman overpowers Goku.

Superior intellect, Goku is dumb as bricks quite frankly and is even more gullible than Superman.

Infinite strength, Superman can lift the book of Infinite Pages; an object that literally weighs infinite.

Infinite speed, Superman can go fast enough to travel back through time.

Nearly invulnerable, Superman can not only survive the vacuum of space but even being hurled into the sun.

Infinite stamina, Superman cannot run out of power and he never gets tired. Goku can be worn down and has his limits if the fight lasts long enough.

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By nepu7supastar7

@champion837: Goku had to train to get where he is today but outside of his determination, any Saiyan can get as strong as him. Which means there is nothing special about him. "Even an underdog can defeat an elite if he trains hard enough." his own words to Vegeta.

All of Goku's fights are about him getting stronger. Superman has never had to work out a day in his life because he was born infinitely powerful. And we have rarely seen Superman fight at 100% because he's also a big softy when it comes to killing. Like Goku except Superman can be driven to kill and when he does, the kill can be instant. A simple heat beam to Goku's temple and his brain is fried. Instant kill.

Is that absurdly strong? Yes which is why Superman fights are more boring to watch. But he was built to be the strongest. Goku is a born underdog who's power is ALWAYS tested. And Goku has died dozens of times. If it weren't for the Dragonballs, Goku would have stayed dead after the fight with Raditz. Superman gets no retries.

Superman is a horse, Goku is a donkey. Try as the donkey will through trial and error, the donkey just can't catch up to the horse. Because it's not built like that horse. Goku is about becoming stronger, Superman is about whether or not he's doing the right thing. A nearly full cup of water versus a bottomless cup.

Hatiko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Hatiko
Member since 2006 • 4669 Posts

Just take the silver age version of any superhero from Marvel or DC and they would win. None of the writers cared about continuity back then, and there weren't raging 35 year olds who would get mad at the writers for making heroes extremely powerful. Comics were for kids, so the artists and writers just came up with crazy stuff to keep the kids picking them up.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#23 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

Im pretty sure Ron Weasley would kick Goku's ass. Easily.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#24 FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20248 Posts

@bigfatmistake said:

1. One Punch Man wins this battle, sorry. He was even specifically written to turn these kind of arguements on their head.

2. As per DBSuper, which is 100% canon, Vegeta is equal level as him. Possibly stronger as suggested by at least 2 people. Also, @FireEmblem_Man, Superman is no longer stronger than Goku after DBSuper.

3. Countless Marvel cosmic/magic tier reality altering characters also win this battle, again sorry. Possibly even Dr.Strange with certain spells and prep (at his prime).

Superman's power has no limits, while Goku's power does and no matter how hard Goku trains, he will never get to Superman's strength! It's also proven in Round 2, Even Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan still can't beat him.

Bigfatmistake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Bigfatmistake
Member since 2016 • 383 Posts

@FireEmblem_Man said:
@bigfatmistake said:

Superman's power has no limits, while Goku's power does and no matter how hard Goku trains, he will never get to Superman's strength! It's also proven in Round 2, Even Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan still can't beat him.

Either way the OP is dead wrong.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#28 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58911 Posts

@InEMplease: Both Whis and and Vados are stronger, with Vados currently the strongest.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#31 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

Goku is hands down the lamest superhero. If you like Goku, you probably have issues speaking with women. True story.

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#32 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

Nah, Saint of Killers from Preacher is. Dude survives a nuke without getting a single scratch on him and his supernatural Colt Revolvers can kill God when He's not on the Eternal Throne.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebea105efb64
deactivated-5ebea105efb64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 deactivated-5ebea105efb64
Member since 2013 • 7262 Posts

Bwahahahaha..... No.

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 MrGeezer
Member since 2002 • 59765 Posts

@Lord_Daemon said:

Whenever these topics pop up, it saddens me when people still mention Dr. Manhattan as a candidate. I suppose as far as super-hero movies goes he's probably the most powerful...well except Thanos whose molecular structure can't be manipulated...even without the infinity gems...though I suppose they may downgrade him for the films as they often tend to do. But in the comics and manga, there are many people who would dust Dr. Manhattan. It would be funny having him encounter The Impossible Man or The Post Brothers.

Wouldn't that still be at best a stalemate? Even if Dr Manhattan couldn't kill any of the other contenders, Dr Manhattan certainly seems to be unkillable. After all, he pretty much DID get vaporized and then just created himself again. For all intents and purposes, he got killed and then just decided to come back.

Lord_Daemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Lord_Daemon

@MrGeezer: For a few of those lower tier energy manipulators...sure. But some of them have the ability to alter reality & time so they could simply erase his existence. But honestly, when you're dealing with cosmic folks it's really up to the editors as to just who can do what to whom most of the time, so really it's just silly bantering. My point was really how people keep leaning on Dr. Manhattan as the be all end all in a sort of lazy manner. Just a minor pet peeve is all.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebea105efb64
deactivated-5ebea105efb64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 deactivated-5ebea105efb64
Member since 2013 • 7262 Posts

My imagination is more powerful.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#37 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

There are plenty of characters more powerful than Goku.

Goku isn't immortal.

Deadpool is.

Goku could destroy the universe and Deadpool would just regenerate.

These kinds of comparisons don't work because the limits on power in different character universes differ. You can compare within a single universe, i.e. Marvel, but going outside is almost impossible.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#38  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58911 Posts

@InEMplease: Yea. I kinda liked before that with Whis rather than a large roid rage monster man, it was a campy effeminate character who held top tier.

Interesting with Freeza as well in Z of making the character smaller and almost featureless. The first time you see that as a kid it's genuinely alien; as a western kid, especially through video games you're conditioned to the idea of end bosses 20 foot high with bulging veins bearing crocodile teeth.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#40  Edited By deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

hum, no. There is Beerus, Wis and Gogeta SS4 (even if people pretend GT doesnt exist, the character was still created) above him in its own universe. Outside of DB, Superman and Dr. Manhattan are just insanely powerfull. Dr. Manhattan can control matter at his own will, thats just like being GOD

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#41  Edited By deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

There is a thing to superman that I still dont get so correct me if I'm wrong... isnt his imense power driven from the sun? wich is a very weak star in the universe spectrum? So basically if someone destroys the sun (wich many MANY characters created throughout the years surely can) then superman power is no more? If I'm correct than Superman isnt as powerfull as many make it out to be...

Lord_Daemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Lord_Daemon

@Vatusus said:

There is a thing to superman that I still dont get so correct me if I'm wrong... isnt his imense power driven from the sun? wich is a very weak star in the universe spectrum? So basically if someone destroys the sun (wich many MANY characters created throughout the years surely can) then superman power is no more? If I'm correct than Superman isnt as powerfull as many make it out to be...

Well the problem is that his power levels get changed from time to time so casual readers of the comics can get fairly confused. Generally speaking, Supes gets his power from yellow suns and stores their energy like a battery. If he's away from their direct exposure he will gradually wear his abilities down, and if he pushes himself too hard he has been shown to deplete himself. If he is exposed to a red sun his powers will rapidly diminish until they are no more.

As far as Superman being the be all end all, currently he is not when it comes to strength and speed. The Flash, Wonder Woman and Supergirl are still faster than him, and people such as Captain Marvel, Black Adam, Lobo, and Despero can match or surpass his strength dependent upon his stamina level. Superman is particularly vulnerable to magic-based folks, so people such as Captain Marvel, Black Adam and Wonder Woman have the potential to run roughshod over him due to their ability to actually physically cut him and the fact that they are immortals.

SexyJazzCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 SexyJazzCat
Member since 2013 • 2796 Posts

Dr. Manhattan is literally God.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#44 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

I'd also like to put forward a nomination for The Supreme Emperor of Mankind from Warhammer 40K as a candidate for one of the most powerful fictional characters of all time.

At least one that is not cosmically-empowered.

The man, while currently being kept alive by a cybernetic throne due to a grievous injury suffered from the hands of his favourite super-human, genetically-engineered son, currently holds the entire Immaterium and the forces of Chaos Undivided (essentially demons of incalculable power resulting from the emotions of sentient beings in the universe manifesting as horrors of psychic energy in a parallel dimension) at bay and from invading the physical universe and ending it in one fell swoop... all with his psychic immensity.

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 MrGeezer
Member since 2002 • 59765 Posts

@Lord_Daemon said:

@MrGeezer: For a few of those lower tier energy manipulators...sure. But some of them have the ability to alter reality & time so they could simply erase his existence. But honestly, when you're dealing with cosmic folks it's really up to the editors as to just who can do what to whom most of the time, so really it's just silly bantering. My point was really how people keep leaning on Dr. Manhattan as the be all end all in a sort of lazy manner. Just a minor pet peeve is all.

Oh, I can definitely agree with the last part. Case in point, Batman vs Superman. Not that either of them is as powerful as those unkillable godlike energy manipulators, but there's still such a vast difference between the two that the very concept of a fair fight between them is ridiculous. But Batman is popular, so writers will find a way to make Batman win (or at least put up a good fight).

So yeah...who is more powerful really just depends on who is writing the story. Hell, if nothing else they could just go the Thanos route and give a character a subconscious desire to lose.