Go watch Upgrade. Thank me later (no spoilers).

Avatar image for GalvatronType_R
GalvatronType_R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By GalvatronType_R
Member since 2003 • 3106 Posts

Watched Upgrade on $5 movie night at the theater. I was surprised how good it was and how much I liked it.

I won't spoil anything (that's what Wikipedia is for), and yes it does have plot holes and some overly convenient happenings, but if you want to see a 21st century Robocop that combines sci-fi and slight horror elements along with moral ambiguity, and that's somewhat thought provoking, you will enjoy this movie.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#2 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58299 Posts

Honestly after the awesome Hardcore Henry, I'm totally open to these unconventional, initially stupid looking, but ultimately fun and original, action movies.

AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3  Edited By AFBrat77
Member since 2004 • 26848 Posts

It was a good movie, I saw it a few weeks ago. One of the better movies of the year. Saw Heriditary a few nights ago, that's a must for horror fans.

ShadowsDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#4 ShadowsDemon
Member since 2012 • 10059 Posts

I saw it at the Australian premier with the director, the voice of STEM and the villain in attendance (and sitting in the row behind me), which is a first for me, so my opinion is probably bloated, but I'd say it's one of the best films of the year. Anything body horror is a winner for me. Go see it..

LexLas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 LexLas
Member since 2005 • 7317 Posts

@GalvatronType_R said:

Watched Upgrade on $5 movie night at the theater. I was surprised how good it was and how much I liked it.

I won't spoil anything (that's what Wikipedia is for), and yes it does have plot holes and some overly convenient happenings, but if you want to see a 21st century Robocop that combines sci-fi and slight horror elements along with moral ambiguity, and that's somewhat thought provoking, you will enjoy this movie.

It did look like a good movie, glad someone has now confirmed it. I'll have to put it on me list.