• 65 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1cb98d088e5
deactivated-5d1cb98d088e5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 deactivated-5d1cb98d088e5
Member since 2009 • 4084 Posts

So this girl in my class is really cute and I want to get to know her and all that good stuff, problem is there is no time before or during class to talk to her. Would it be too unreasonable to approach her one day after class and be like "hey, I know we don't really know each other but I find you very attractive and I was wondering if maybe you would be interested in talking some time?" That's basically what I'm think about doing, of course not nearly as bare bones. Is that waaaaay to forward or not? I kinda get the feeling she's sort of into me but I'm not 100% sure so I don't want to look like a creep, but honestly I see no other feasible way of getting closer to this girl. I hardly know her but when we make eye contact it's just feels so right. Any help would be great.

Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Pirate700
Member since 2008 • 46465 Posts

"hey, I know we don't really know each other but I find you very attractive and I was wondering if maybe you would be interested in talking some time?" T

BATTOSAI76

:lol: Dude...no.

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 tenaka2
Member since 2004 • 17958 Posts

So this girl in my class is really cute and I want to get to know her and all that good stuff, problem is there is no time before or during class to talk to her. Would it be too unreasonable to approach her one day after class and be like "hey, I know we don't really know each other but I find you very attractive and I was wondering if maybe you would be interested in talking some time?" That's basically what I'm think about doing, of course not nearly as bare bones. Is that waaaaay to forward or not? I kinda get the feeling she's sort of into me but I'm not 100% sure so I don't want to look like a creep, but honestly I see no other feasible way of getting closer to this girl. I hardly know her but when we make eye contact it's just feels so right. Any help would be great.

BATTOSAI76

Give her a shoebox with a dead kitten in it and a note saying.

'Unlike this kitten my love for you will never die'

It's a surefire success.

Kevlar101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#4 Kevlar101
Member since 2011 • 6316 Posts

[QUOTE="BATTOSAI76"]

"hey, I know we don't really know each other but I find you very attractive and I was wondering if maybe you would be interested in talking some time?" T

Pirate700

:lol: :lol: :lol: This. Who says that?? :lol:

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 deactivated-5d1cb98d088e5

[QUOTE="BATTOSAI76"]

Pirate700

That bad huh?:?

Kevlar101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Kevlar101

[QUOTE="BATTOSAI76"]

tenaka2

It's a surefire success.

Thats....... thats a terrible idea.
Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Pirate700

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]

[QUOTE="BATTOSAI76"]

BATTOSAI76

You don't ask someone out for a talk. Just talk to her after class or something.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 deactivated-5d1cb98d088e5

[QUOTE="BATTOSAI76"]

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]:lol: Dude...no.

Pirate700

You don't ask someone out for a talk. Just talk to her after class or something.

She doesn't stick around after class, she goes straight to the next one and so do I. We walk the same way for awhile but walking and talking would be awkward no?

Kevlar101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Kevlar101

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]

[QUOTE="BATTOSAI76"]

BATTOSAI76

She doesn't stick around after class, she goes straight to the next one and so do I. We walk the same way for awhile but walking and talking would be awkward no?

Maybe a bit.
tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 tenaka2
Member since 2004 • 17958 Posts

[QUOTE="tenaka2"]

[QUOTE="BATTOSAI76"]

Kevlar101

It's a surefire success.

I know what you mean, as soon as I hit submit I realised that he should use a puppy instead of a kitten.

Kevlar101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Kevlar101

[QUOTE="Kevlar101"][QUOTE="tenaka2"]

It's a surefire success.

tenaka2

I know what you mean, as soon as I hit submit I realised that he should use a puppy instead of a kitten.

Thats just as bad.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 deactivated-5d1cb98d088e5

[QUOTE="BATTOSAI76"]

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]You don't ask someone out for a talk. Just talk to her after class or something.

Kevlar101

Maybe a bit.

So what then? Is there anything I can do?

HybridPhoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 HybridPhoenix
Member since 2007 • 3598 Posts
Don't ask her out for a talk. If you can't track her down after class, just get her attention quick and ask if she'd be interested in going for coffee sometime. If she finds you intriguing/is interested at all, she'll say yes. It worked for me.
Kevlar101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Kevlar101

[QUOTE="Kevlar101"][QUOTE="BATTOSAI76"]

BATTOSAI76

Maybe a bit.

Well the best thing to do is just wait for when you think the time is right. If I was in your situation I would just wait for her to be open to conversation. Despite how slim those chances may be. Im sorry but this is hard to figure out, even for me.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 deactivated-5d1cb98d088e5

[QUOTE="BATTOSAI76"]

[QUOTE="Kevlar101"] Maybe a bit.Kevlar101

Well the best thing to do is just wait for when you think the time is right. If I was in your situation I would just wait for her to be open to conversation. Despite how slim those chances may be. Im sorry but this is hard to figure out, even for me.

Well thanks for the help. I guess I'll just stay on the alert and hope a good window opens up.

General_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 General_X
Member since 2003 • 9137 Posts
Approaching her after class and asking her out on a date would probably be the best course of action if you can't find a way to casually have a conversation with her. Something along the lines of: "Hey _____, you seem pretty cool and I was wondering if you'd like to go with me to (social function, movie, dance, or dinner, etc.) on (day and time)" Ofcourse this method also has a fairly high risk of rejection, especially if she doesn't even know who you are lol. And if that is the case I would definitely try harder to establish a way to have a few casual conversations with her first.
HybridPhoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 HybridPhoenix

BATTOSAI76

Well thanks for the help. I guess I'll just stay on the alert and hope a good window opens up.

You're going to have to do a bit of work yourself. Like I said, approaching her isn't the bad idea, it's what you proposed saying. Ask her out to coffee sometime. It suggests conversation without being so horribly blunt and awkward about it. If she says yes, that means there's at least some level of interest there, if she says no, you know you can just give it up and move on. I've had this work on two occasions, including my most current relationship, so it's not crazy. It's the best way to try and get to know someone when they environment you usually see her in is ill fitted for conversation.
Kevlar101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Kevlar101

BATTOSAI76

Believe me, I know how hard it is when you just want to talk to a girl and you never get the chance. That feeling in your chest..... uggg
Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Pirate700

Also, don't randomly tell her how attractive you think she is. That's really random and awkward. She's not some slut at a bar. It's implied you find her attractive if you ask her out.

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19565 Posts

We walk the same way for awhile but walking and talking would be awkward no?

BATTOSAI76

I wouldn't say that - once you've mastered the art of alternating from one foot to the other, the walking part should come fairly naturally to you.

That just leaves talking, which is admittedly much trickier - it's a pretty nasty combination of windpipes and vocal chords and subglottal pressure and so on - but don't let all of the jargon fool you. I've seen kids manage it, without even reading the manual (honest!).

Combining the two actions may take a lot of work, but if you really love this girl, it'll be worth every hour of practice you put into it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 deactivated-5d1cb98d088e5

[QUOTE="BATTOSAI76"]

We walk the same way for awhile but walking and talking would be awkward no?

Planeforger

I wouldn't say that - once you've mastered the art of alternating from one foot to the other, the walking part should come fairly naturally to you. That just leaves talking, which is admittedly much trickier - it's a pretty nasty combination of windpipes and vocal chords and subglottal pressure and so on - but don't let all of the jargon fool you. I've seen kids manage it, without even reading the manual (honest!). Combining the two actions may take a lot of work, but if you really love this girl, it'll be worth every hour of practice you put into it.

:lol: Made me feel a little better.

Kevlar101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Kevlar101
TC, you dont talk to girls very much do you?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 deactivated-5d1cb98d088e5

[QUOTE="BATTOSAI76"]

[QUOTE="Kevlar101"] Well the best thing to do is just wait for when you think the time is right. If I was in your situation I would just wait for her to be open to conversation. Despite how slim those chances may be. Im sorry but this is hard to figure out, even for me. HybridPhoenix

You're going to have to do a bit of work yourself. Like I said, approaching her isn't the bad idea, it's what you proposed saying. Ask her out to coffee sometime. It suggests conversation without being so horribly blunt and awkward about it. If she says yes, that means there's at least some level of interest there, if she says no, you know you can just give it up and move on. I've had this work on two occasions, including my most current relationship, so it's not crazy. It's the best way to try and get to know someone when they environment you usually see her in is ill fitted for conversation.

So being bold isn't the problem, I just gotta approach it differently.

shadowkiller11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#24 shadowkiller11
Member since 2008 • 7956 Posts

Also, don't randomly tell her how attractive you think she is. That's really random and awkward. She's not some slut at a bar. It's implied you find her attractive if you ask her out.

Pirate700
I don't know it can work like anything else which is always a 50/50 situation but you need enough confidence to say it naturally without it coming out weird and awkward which no one in OT has it seems.
UltimoIce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#25 UltimoIce
Member since 2009 • 3074 Posts

Having experience as an awkward teenager some years ago, let me give you some advice. Every relationship I've ever been in has happened naturally. You can't just expect to force yourself on someone, or use a one-liner.

If you really want this girl, make an effort first of all to just say one thing. Shoot, bump into her on purpose if you have to so you can apologize. Anything to open up that first contact. Because after that she will have a mental reference to you, and you can work on talking to her more, building on that success, etc.

If you think about what you're going to say, or try to be too creative in your scheming, either you will never build up the courage, or you will fail. Guaranteed. Let it be natural. Approach it like you have no sexual interest in her at first.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 deactivated-5d1cb98d088e5

TC, you dont talk to girls very much do you?Kevlar101

Unfortunately no, but I have no anxiety about it or anything, I can communicate with girls fine, I have before, It's just that it's always had a context, I never had to break the ice to such an extreme.

HybridPhoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 HybridPhoenix

[QUOTE="HybridPhoenix"][QUOTE="BATTOSAI76"]

BATTOSAI76

So being bold isn't the problem, I just gotta approach it differently.

Pretty much. Coffee is simple, not as heavily loaded as supper, and implies your interested in getting to know her. As Pirate said, don't tell her she's attractive. It's awkward and a little creepy. Just very basic, "hey, I'm ______ I was wondering if you'd like to go for coffee sometime?"
UltimoIce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 UltimoIce

[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]HybridPhoenix

Again, I don't think starting a young person relationship works like that. Even at my age if I just went up to a girl and asked her to go out to coffee (I'm 26) it would not only feel awkward to me, but I'm pretty sure she would be put in a no win situatoin as well.

Every time I've been successful, it's been natural.

FOR EXAMPLE. One time I saw this attractive girl in Wal-Mart. Instead of going up and being like "Herp derp, would you haz coffee with me?", I went up and told her I was color blind, and I needed help picking out a non-girly shower curtain. BAM, conversation. I was then able to find out through small talk she was new to the area. That gave me the opportunity to get her number to "show her some local hot spots".

HybridPhoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 HybridPhoenix

[QUOTE="HybridPhoenix"][This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]UltimoIce

Again, I don't think starting a young person relationship works like that. Even at my age if I just went up to a girl and asked her to go out to coffee (I'm 26) it would not only feel awkward to me, but I'm pretty sure she would be put in a no win situatoin as well.

FOR EXAMPLE. One time I saw this attractive girl in Wal-Mart. Instead of going up and being like "Herp derp, would you haz coffee with me?", I went up and told her I was color blind, and I needed help picking out a non-girly shower curtain. BAM, conversation. I was then able to find out through small talk she was new to the area. That gave me the opportunity to get her number to "show her some local hot spots".

He's mentioned that the situation in which he encounters her in don't allow for things like that. He has stated that there's literally no opportunity for conversation. That leaves it as asking her out for coffee which implies interest, or asking for help in the class, which if it isn't true, will seem forced an unnatural. Even asking her to help study when he doesn't know her is a little weird.
Kevlar101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Kevlar101

[QUOTE="Kevlar101"]TC, you dont talk to girls very much do you?BATTOSAI76

Unfortunately no, but I have no anxiety about it or anything, I can communicate with girls fine, I have before, It's just that it's always had a context, I never had to break the ice to such an extreme.

Well, maybe you will get lucky like I did. I was a lot like you when it came to girls. But somehow, someway, I met this girl and despite my social awkwardness, she was attracted to me. She was my first GF, now, 7 months later, we are still together. Who knows. Maybe despite your issue with girls socially, maybe you will get really lucky like i did.
chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts

[QUOTE="BATTOSAI76"]

Pirate700

UltimoIce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 UltimoIce

[QUOTE="UltimoIce"]

[QUOTE="HybridPhoenix"][This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]HybridPhoenix

He's mentioned that the situation in which he encounters her in don't allow for things like that. He has stated that there's literally no opportunity for conversation. That leaves it as asking her out for coffee which implies interest, or asking for help in the class, which if it isn't true, will seem forced an unnatural. Even asking her to help study when he doesn't know her is a little weird.

There is always opportunity. This is school, not prison. Is there assigned seating? Is there no way he can bump into her as she's coming into or away from class? Is there a lunch period? I don't buy the "absolutely zero time, sir" thing.

HybridPhoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 HybridPhoenix

[QUOTE="HybridPhoenix"][QUOTE="UltimoIce"]

UltimoIce

There is always opportunity. This is school, not prison. Is there assigned seating? Is there no way he can bump into her as she's coming into or away from class? Is there a lunch period? I don't buy the "absolutely zero time, sir" thing.

Well, asking someone to coffee has worked the two times I've tried it. Whereas I've had people try the "creating a fake situation" on me and it comes across as forced and insincere. Agree to disagree I suppose.
EasyStreet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 EasyStreet
Member since 2003 • 11672 Posts

Just ask her out don't make it over complicated.

UltimoIce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 UltimoIce

[QUOTE="UltimoIce"]

[QUOTE="HybridPhoenix"] He's mentioned that the situation in which he encounters her in don't allow for things like that. He has stated that there's literally no opportunity for conversation. That leaves it as asking her out for coffee which implies interest, or asking for help in the class, which if it isn't true, will seem forced an unnatural. Even asking her to help study when he doesn't know her is a little weird. HybridPhoenix

Well, asking someone to coffee has worked the two times I've tried it. Whereas I've had people try the "creating a fake situation" on me and it comes across as forced and insincere. Agree to disagree I suppose.

I suppose we shall. I guess it could take a certain amount of natural swagger to make the natural move seem legit. I always look at it (especially in school when you are going to see that person again) as a marathon, not a sprint. Build a repor, then go in for the kill. Different styles for different people I suppose.

Avatar image for ristactionjakso
ristactionjakso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#37 ristactionjakso
Member since 2011 • 6118 Posts

Do not say what you were going to say to her.

First off, how old are you and how old is she?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 deactivated-5d1cb98d088e5

ristactionjakso

I'm 19 (yes I know I should be over this behaviour by now) I don't know how old she is but it can't be much different then me, we're both in college.

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11125 Posts

[QUOTE="ristactionjakso"]

BATTOSAI76

I'm 19 (yes I know I should be over this behaviour by now) I don't know how old she is but it can't be much different then me, we're both in college.

I' m 19 too and I' m no better than you when it comes to girls believe me. I agree with what Ultimolce said though as personally I would feel weird saying a line like "let' s go out for a coffee or sth". Like he said be natural. Try sitting next to her in class or talk to her on your way to the next class (it can' t be that hard). Just approach her and say sth to initiate a conversation and from that point everything will be slightly easier. Your' re lucky to even have a really nice girl in your class-there' s no one that I find attractive in my classes...

ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

#40 ShadowMoses900
Member since 2010 • 17081 Posts

Future advice: Don't ask for relationship advice on GS. Many of the users here are kids, and OT has a pretty backwards and anti-social community that probably has zero experience with the opposite sex to begin with.

But you are over thinking things, just talk to her normally. Just be confident and talk to her like you would anyone else, she is new you said so you could ask her where she is from. Tell her you moved from some place (it doesn't have to be true) and that you know what it's like to be new but you'll settle in fine. If you do hit it off then ask her if she wants to hang out with you, then see where it goes. It could turn into a relationship and it wouldn't be awkward at all.

Just be confident and be yourself, if she isn't interested it's not your fault, some people are just odd like that.

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 chaoscougar1

Future advice: Don't ask for relationship advice on GS. Many of the users here are kids, and OT has a pretty backwards and anti-social community that probably has zero experience with the opposite sex to begin with.

But you are over thinking things, just talk to her normally. Just be confident and talk to her like you would anyone else, she is new you said so you could ask her where she is from. Tell her you moved from some place (it doesn't have to be true) and that you know what it's like to be new but you'll settle in fine. If you do hit it off then ask her if she wants to hang out with you, then see where it goes. It could turn into a relationship and it wouldn't be awkward at all.

Just be confident and be yourself, if she isn't interested it's not your fault, some people are just odd like that.

ShadowMoses900

>Says GS relationship advice is terrible
>Gives advice

Nice

ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

#42 ShadowMoses900
Member since 2010 • 17081 Posts

[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

chaoscougar1

>Gives advice

Nice

[/QUOTE

Seems I struck a nerve....

I am one of the few people on here who has experience and lives in the real world. My advice is much better and far more sound than most of the people posting here.

Overlord93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Overlord93
Member since 2007 • 12602 Posts

I am one of the few people on here who has experience and lives in the real world. My advice is much better and far more sound than most of the people posting here.ShadowMoses900
lmao

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 chaoscougar1

[QUOTE="chaoscougar1"]

[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

ShadowMoses900

>Gives advice

Nice

I am one of the few people on here who has experience and lives in the real world. My advice is much better and far more sound than most of the people posting here.

Sure you are
Sure it is
:3

UltimoIce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 UltimoIce

ShadowMoses900

Oh you! I haven't heard too much TERRIBLE advice in this thread, so I don't know what you are reading. And I am old AND have dated a lot of women. Targeting a woman you want to ask out is just a hard thing to do. 9/10 times you end up datnig someone who you never expected or targeted, because you just have a natural connection with someone.

whipassmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#46 whipassmt
Member since 2007 • 15375 Posts

approach her to ask a question and say "wa a tibra ongula mihispa dangata urata, biacha".

Or you could drop a book or pen or something near her, so that she'll pick it up for you.

undergroundLPx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 undergroundLPx
Member since 2003 • 710 Posts

The more thought you put into it, the more complex you're making the situation for yourself.

Keep it casual, keep it simple. Be spontaneous and embrace mistakes as they will only help to loosen you up and want to do better next time. That's the approach you should have with girls and with anything in life for that matter. The people who'll like you for who you are, are the people you want to keep around - don't forget that bud.

cheese_game619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 cheese_game619
Member since 2005 • 13317 Posts
the people saying doing this and that would be 'awkward' are just awkward people if a girl came up to you and said 'hey i think you're cute, you wanna get together sometime?' you wouldnt think shes weird unless she asked in a weird way. you would just be flattered and either say yes or no. even if this girl isnt into you, as long as she is a halfway decent girl she will say yes because you are just being nice and you (should) seem harmless enough. it is a bit forward but confidence is a good thing and its better than just waiting around for someone else to beat you to the punch
super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#49 super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

BATTOSAI76

Don't do that.:lol:

There's an appropriate time to do that.

Cheleman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Cheleman
Member since 2012 • 8198 Posts

sit behind her in class, then when you feel the time is right... lean forward, and whisper in hear ear: "You gonna cuddle with me tonight"

She'll melt, trust me:D