Girl advice needed!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Solid_Snake325 (6091 posts) -

Hi guys, normally I don't ask for girl advice, but I'm honestly stumped on this one. I've been talking to this cute girl the past few days, she's a cashier at a grocery store. On Wednesday morning, I was talking to her, making her laugh and smile, then I asked for her Facebook, and she said ok and gave me her last name, which checked out. I added her Wednesday at noon and she still hasn't accepted the invite. I really like this girl, I'm 24, she's 21. It doesn't appear that she has a boyfriend but I can't see her full profile. What should I do? Maybe I'm being impatient but it seems a bit extreme that she hasn't gotten on Facebook once in 2 days. She is a young American woman after all.

#2 Posted by ultimate-k (2348 posts) -

Stalk her! Follow her home!

#3 Edited by johnd13 (9264 posts) -

Ask her out and forget about the stupid facebook.

#4 Edited by tofu-lion91 (13496 posts) -

There could be a number of reasons why she hasn't accepted yet. I added a load of people on my course and a couple of them have only just accepted my request weeks later. Don't know why but it's not bothered me. I'd just carry on as normal and eventually she'll either accept and you can start talking or you'll forget about her. Hope it works out well :)

#5 Edited by MirkoS77 (12564 posts) -

Don't come off as clingy or desperate, and don't revolve your time around what she's doing. Just relax and let things go like normal. Pestering her is the worst thing you could do.

#6 Edited by Nengo_Flow (10644 posts) -

@johnd13 said:

#7 Posted by Master_Live (18815 posts) -

@Nengo_Flow said:

@johnd13 said:

+2

#8 Edited by thegerg (18279 posts) -

What do you mean "what should I do"? Do you think there is something that you can do to make her accept your friend request quicker?

#9 Edited by k2theswiss (16599 posts) -

everyone doesn't check their facebook every minute.... If it wasn't declined then deal with it for the moment and next time you go to the store and say "get my invite? maybe i sent it to the wrong "bla bla"".

facebook is annoying, it's pretty much turned into a vine video collection pile for me

#10 Edited by Mercenary848 (11131 posts) -

@johnd13: yes thank you, dont use the internet if you do not have too

#11 Posted by -ParaNormaN- (1448 posts) -

@Master_Live said:

@Nengo_Flow said:

@johnd13 said:

+2

+3

#12 Edited by Netret0120 (3463 posts) -

Facebook?

Dude ask for the number. That way you can call when you want.

If you are afraid of being rejected say it this way "Is there a number I can reach you on?" If she says no say " 2014 and you don't have a number? Get with the times girl:-P

But in your case i am sure she will say yes

#13 Posted by Sword-Demon (7007 posts) -

Really? She didn't accept your friend request after only 2 days and you're panicking?

Just chill out. Next time you see her, get her number.. not her facebook profile. and don't pester her if you do get her number.

Avatar image for always_explicit
#14 Posted by always_explicit (3379 posts) -

Its been Christmas and new year etc etc, I have barely touched my facebook. No time. If she is cute and nice and fun theres a good chance she doesnt use facebook all that often because she is out and about with friends.

#15 Edited by lostrib (49999 posts) -

you are in the wrong place for good advice

#16 Posted by MBirdy88 (12135 posts) -

Lostrib is right.

But may i ask, why the hell would you ask for her facebook firsT? I am 25 so 1 year older than you.... and I social network more than most. but cmon mate? anyone who has a clue knows facebook is just a stalking tool.

Why didn't you just as her out or for her number? (to ask her out).

She now knows you want to look at her profile. if she has any sort of brain.

you need to get information directly not stalker-book.

this coming from a shy person myself (but in a long term relationship now), talking at a house party one night, got her number. asked her out.

I know the setting is hard (behind a counter) but you don't really have a choice.

#17 Posted by Shottayouth13- (7014 posts) -

You should have asked for her number, not her facebook.

In any event, girls usually have a long list of friend requests to attend to, so give it some time.

#18 Posted by plageus900 (2325 posts) -

@Nengo_Flow said:

@johnd13 said:

This. I don't know why people resort to the internet for dating these days. Just fucking call her.

#19 Edited by charizard1605 (82622 posts) -

@johnd13 said:

#20 Posted by Brain_Duster (473 posts) -

@johnd13 said:

How can you be friends irl if you're not even friends on fb?

#21 Posted by LJS9502_basic (161966 posts) -

@johnd13 said:

Thread should have ended right here....

#23 Edited by Solid_Snake325 (6091 posts) -

@MBirdy88: Some of you guys are just dicks....Facebook isn't a stalking tool, speak for yourself. I asked for her Facebook because there were people around her including customers and the bagger so I'd rather not ask her number in front of everyone. Normally I would ask for the number.

#24 Posted by 4myAmuzumament (1791 posts) -

add her on instagram and twitter too to make sure she knows you really want to be more than friends with her.

#25 Posted by Nengo_Flow (10644 posts) -

@4myAmuzumament said:

add her on instagram and twitter too to make sure she knows you really want to be more than friends with her.

and do forget to daily send her tons of selfies on snap-chap

#26 Edited by elkoldo (1775 posts) -

@-paranorman- said:

@Master_Live said:

@Nengo_Flow said:

@johnd13 said:

+2

+3

+4 Though asking out doesn't always work out that easily, as I've been seeking to ask out the girl I've been fancying for weeks and haven't found the appropriate opportunity. :(

@Solid_Snake325 said:

@MBirdy88: Some of you guys are just dicks....Facebook isn't a stalking tool, speak for yourself. I asked for her Facebook because there were people around her including customers and the bagger so I'd rather not ask her number in front of everyone. Normally I would ask for the number.

At least,be polite and respectful to those who spent time answering your question , if not planning to return appreciations.

Facebook really IS a home to jerk-offs.

Avatar image for cynical_buzzard
#27 Posted by Cynical_Buzzard (226 posts) -

You need to just give up on her, she is not worth your time.

#28 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -

@Solid_Snake325: Sit back and chill. It could be something as simple as she hasn't checked her Facebook to have even seen your invite. You are thinking too much into it. Two days is nothing. You don't know her well enough to just assume she gets on Facebook all the time. She could for all you know be the type that doesn't get on very often, maybe once a week. Seems to me like you are getting all worked up over nothing.

#29 Posted by chaoscougar1 (37597 posts) -

@MirkoS77 said:

Don't come off as clingy or desperate, and don't revolve your time around what she's doing. Just relax and let things go like normal. Pestering her is the worst thing you could do.

#30 Edited by betamaxx83 (360 posts) -

You should have asked her for her phone number. Than as you chat and flirt, you can slip in and ask her if she had a Facebook. Take it down a notch, you sound desperate. It's pretty easy to get woman, men think it's some kind of scientific formula to get girls, when in reality it's pretty simple.

#31 Posted by GTA_dude (18358 posts) -

Why'd you ask for her facebook? You should have asked for her number...

Avatar image for nigellalawson30
#32 Posted by nigellalawson30 (33 posts) -

dont be impatient and let the things go normally.....

#33 Posted by darkmark91 (3027 posts) -

Did she ever respond back?