This topic is locked from further discussion.

osirisx3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 osirisx3
Member since 2012 • 2113 Posts

Good day old game spot pals.

Recently I've taken a liking to a girl and wanted to hear your take on the situation.

I met a girl in the summer time. She seems very friendly and she was eager to become my friend. She is new to Canada and I've been helping her with her English.

I asked her out on a date only to discover she had a BF. I was shocked because she seemed kinda lonely and she has very few friends here.

I later found out her BF lives far away in USA.

This explained a lot about her because of how bored and lonely she is. But can this long distance thing really work? I hear that they are very likely to fail, but is that true?

Should i still go for her or am i doing a bad thing by stealing another mans girl?

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

If it is likely to fail then let it fail through no fault of your own and then come sweeping in to pick up the pieces.

thatnordicguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3 thatnordicguy
Member since 2014 • 150 Posts

You can. You'd be a complete douche if you did though.

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 AutoPilotOn
Member since 2010 • 8655 Posts

That territory has been claimed by the USA!!

Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#6 Allicrombie
Member since 2005 • 26223 Posts

Just do the Seinfeld thing and be THERE for her.

Avatar image for LostProphetFLCL
LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 LostProphetFLCL
Member since 2006 • 18526 Posts

You do NOT want to be the one aho breaks up her relationship. That is just a terrible way to start a relationship...

Instead move on but keeo ready in case it does fall apart.

Zyamaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 Zyamaman
Member since 2006 • 1783 Posts

@thatnordicguy:

A man has an obligation to steer clear of his friend's/brother's women - "a friend's woman is no woman at all", as the saying goes. Everything else is fair game.

If some prick you've never met isn't capable of inspiring even basic loyalty in his girl, it's his fault, and his fault alone - it's none of your gods-damned problem.

With that said, OP doesn't exactly sound like he has what it takes to steal some else's girl. Sorry, buddy, but if you're gonna be a girl's "friend", that's exactly what she'll see in you. If you were acting like a man from the get-go, she wouldn't be telling you about no other men she might, or might not be in a relationship with...

OreoMilkshake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#9  Edited By OreoMilkshake
Member since 2009 • 12833 Posts

If she has a BF she's off limits.

PernicioEnigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 PernicioEnigma
Member since 2010 • 6662 Posts

Don't listen to these idiots - of course you can still pursue a relationship with her, especially if you're both still young.

xdude85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By xdude85
Member since 2006 • 6559 Posts

You're asking the wrong people in the wrong place.

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

You should ask glorious leader this question.

Shottayouth13-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Shottayouth13-
Member since 2009 • 7018 Posts

I say go for it, she ain't married or engaged and her bf is in another country. She's still in the game.

But don't be pushy, just let it happen.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#15  Edited By branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts

Pursuing women in relationships must be awkward.

AnelZukic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#16 AnelZukic
Member since 2008 • 3793 Posts

Depends to be honest. You can probably see on her behavior if she is ready to keep going that LDR because it is tiresome and you are out of touch with that person and everything and we humans really do crave for a gentle touch the whole time. If she enjoys the time with you, you have constant contact, she doesn't really talk a lot about him and she starts to open her to you then do the move. But if you see she really has strong emotional ties with that person stop it because it would to awkward if she would break up with him to be with you. How can you know she wouldn't do the same to you? Would you be willing to take that risk? To live everyday thinking if she is flirting with someone else? :)

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#17  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44557 Posts

If she told you she had a boyfriend she's doing it so you don't get any ideas. So you'll need to be a utter sociopath here. Tell her you're gay so she's like a total "fruitfly" or whatever, girls love that, you'll be her new BFF and she'll want you to shopping with her and tell her how the clothing she's gonna wanna buy looks on her, she'll wanna go out for Appletinis and shit, and she'll totally wanna do sleepovers and might even let you see her naked thinking it's no big thing. Then when the time is right confess to her that she's causing you to have these confusing heterosexual feelings and it'll totally make her day and she'll totally eat it up.

edwise18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 edwise18
Member since 2008 • 1533 Posts

Just move on dude. She's mentioning her boyfriend for a reason. Not worth dealing with girls that have bf's. If later on she ends up single then you could pursue something.

-Blasphemy-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By -Blasphemy-
Member since 2005 • 3369 Posts

@edwise18 said:

Just move on dude. She's mentioning her boyfriend for a reason. Not worth dealing with girls that have bf's. If later on she ends up single then you could pursue something.

i know it can be hard sometimes but this is the best advice. if you really like this girl you probably need to spend as less time around her as possible as long as she still has a boyfriend.

JyePhye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By JyePhye
Member since 2004 • 6173 Posts

Be there for her as a friend first. Respect the boundaries set by the fact of her relationship. And if you two are a natural fit, then that will become apparent to her overtime anyway.

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts

She's just being nice cuz she is new and dont have no people.

She already has you in the friendzone and you dont even see it.

You like her, help her, want to be around her, she nice to you but doesnt want your advances.

Its a classic friendzone situation. To further solidify your friendzoneness, you didnt care to mention in advance that she was already in a relationship, meaning she was trying to reel you in, have you do things for her and get all friendly, just to then pull out the "you aint gonna get with this, so take your place in the bench and worship me".

Netret0120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#22 Netret0120
Member since 2013 • 3594 Posts

Karma is a bitch pal.

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#23 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts

@Allicrombie said:

Just do the Seinfeld thing and be THERE for her.

Zyamaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Zyamaman
Member since 2006 • 1783 Posts

@lamprey263:

This is what I like to call "scratching your left ear with your right heel" - there are simpler ways to win a girl, bro.

All OP has to do is to stop being such a good friend to her, and to distance himself a bit. She'll crawl right back the second he does that. From there it's a matter of technique - he just needs to behave like a man with her. Be nice and courteous, but somewhat cold and distant. He should stop rushing forward the second she asks him for a favor. Once she'll understand he's not that easy to get, she'll turn her "woman" on, and start seeing him as a male, rather than a friend.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

Leave it.

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#27 YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

Respect her current commitments. She's taken, so be a friend. If her current relationship fails, then move forward.

I_Return

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By I_Return
Member since 2014 • 873 Posts

Go for the steal then for the bars.

bforrester420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By bforrester420
Member since 2014 • 3480 Posts

How old are you and this girl?

1. If she doesn't have a ring on her finger, she's fair game. You don't know her BF and you don't owe him shit. Don't listen to these White Knights that would tell you otherwise. "All's fair in love and war."
  2. Long distance relationships almost never work. If you guys are teen aged or college aged, it definitely won't work out for her and her long distance BF.

All that being said, I wouldn't push anything as it doesn't sound like she's romantically interested yet. If it happens, let it happen organically. Let your friendship build and if you continue to have feelings and get the impression it's mutual, let her know how you feel.

VaguelyTagged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By VaguelyTagged
Member since 2009 • 10702 Posts

give it some time, let them fail completely, you can get really close to her on her last days with that dude. just be patient and wait for the vulnerable days to come.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b797108c254e
deactivated-5b797108c254e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#31 deactivated-5b797108c254e
Member since 2013 • 11245 Posts

If her relationship is going to fail, it'll fail with or without your help. That being said, don't assume she's unhappy just because she's in a long distance relationship. I was in a long distance relationship for 3 years (we lived in different countries and only saw each other a few days every 6 months) and now we're married. In those 3 years we did feel a bit lonely and missing each other a lot, but we were still very happy "together" and not once in those 3 years did I ever think it wasn't going to work...

@bforrester420 said:

How old are you and this girl?

1. If she doesn't have a ring on her finger, she's fair game. You don't know her BF and you don't owe him shit. Don't listen to these White Knights that would tell you otherwise. "All's fair in love and war."
  2. Long distance relationships almost never work. If you guys are teen aged or college aged, it definitely won't work out for her and her long distance BF.

All that being said, I wouldn't push anything as it doesn't sound like she's romantically interested yet. If it happens, let it happen organically. Let your friendship build and if you continue to have feelings and get the impression it's mutual, let her know how you feel.

This is also true...everyone is "fair game" with or without a ringer on their finger as long as when they tell you to **** off you at least have the decency to do so...

osirisx3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 osirisx3

thanks for the replys guy!

SO many different ideas its hard to choose who to fallow.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

@osirisx3: When in doubt, always follow the light of glorious leader.

osirisx3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 osirisx3

@airshocker said:

amen

kim il sung is the eternal sun of mankind.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

@osirisx3 said:

@airshocker said:

amen

How you can be from Canada and believe in such stupidity is beyond me.

osirisx3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 osirisx3

@airshocker said:

@osirisx3 said:

@airshocker said:

amen

Why are you so butt hurt that i show support for someone you don't? You do know i am over doing it on purpose right? . I don't support lies about any nation and DPRK has to be by far the most lied about nation on earth. Educate your self with real information not western, propaganda and you might not think they are 100% evil. I don't agree with a lot with things they do but its not my country and making up lies is not helping anyone.

Stop going off topic please

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

@osirisx3 said:

@airshocker said:

@osirisx3 said:

@airshocker said:

amen

Why are you so butt hurt that i show support for someone you don't? You do know i am over doing it on purpose right? . I don't support lies about any nation and DPRK has to be by far the most lied about nation on earth. Educate your self with real information not western, propaganda and you might not think they are 100% evil. I don't agree with a lot with things they do but its not my country and making up lies is not helping anyone.

The only one making up lies here is yourself. It doesn't matter if you don't agree with everything they do. If you support them you're just as evil as they are. They have some of the worst political prisons this world has ever known. Prisons where you don't have ANY rights.

No, sorry. You don't get to enjoy this website when you have such views. Ignorance could have been forgiven, but you're actually condoning what the DPRK is doing.

osirisx3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 osirisx3

@airshocker said:

@osirisx3 said:

@airshocker said:

@osirisx3 said:

@airshocker said:

amen

The only one making up lies here is yourself. It doesn't matter if you don't agree with everything they do. If you support them you're just as evil as they are. They have some of the worst political prisons this world has ever known. Prisons where you don't have ANY rights.

No, sorry. You don't get to enjoy this website when you have such views. Ignorance could have been forgiven, but you're actually condoning what the DPRK is doing.

your so brain washed stop spreading your imperialist lies. Those prisons don't exist and the USA is the world leader in putting people in jail they put more people in jail then korea yet i keep hearing korea is a police state what does that make the USA then?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

@osirisx3 said:

@airshocker said:

@osirisx3 said:

@airshocker said:

@osirisx3 said:

@airshocker said:

amen

your so brain washed stop spreading your imperialist lies. Those prisons don't exist and the USA is the world leader in putting people in jail they put more people in jail then korea yet i keep hearing korea is a police state what does that make the USA then?

How can you live in Canada and be this stupid?

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 GazaAli
Member since 2007 • 25216 Posts

@VaguelyTagged said:

give it some time, let them fail completely, you can get really close to her on her last days with that dude. just be patient and wait for the vulnerable days to come.

So deviant I like how you think.

thecatblade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By thecatblade
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

Maybe try to actually get to know her, be a real friend, and not treat her like an object to be stolen/taken away/owned/possessed?

If she wants to date you, she will make that decision on her own. You have zero control over who she independently chooses to date.

Avatar image for always_explicit
always_explicit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 always_explicit
Member since 2007 • 3379 Posts

@Nengo_Flow said:

She's just being nice cuz she is new and dont have no people.

She already has you in the friendzone and you dont even see it.

You like her, help her, want to be around her, she nice to you but doesnt want your advances.

Its a classic friendzone situation. To further solidify your friendzoneness, you didnt care to mention in advance that she was already in a relationship, meaning she was trying to reel you in, have you do things for her and get all friendly, just to then pull out the "you aint gonna get with this, so take your place in the bench and worship me".

What a disgusting opinion of women you have. The idea that women manipulate the feelings of men just to make them friend slaves is ridiculous.

Yes both manipulative men and women exist but suggest this is the case based on the limited info TC provided us goes a long way to proving you dont have a clue what you are talking about.

ON TOPIC: Pursue her, if she likes you things will happen, if she doesnt, nothing will happen. Personally I feel like you have very little to lose from this situation. Although it will be her who has to make difficult decisions so e supportive of her choices.

chaplainDMK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 chaplainDMK
Member since 2008 • 7004 Posts

Wait, then catch her on the rebound.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#46 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38675 Posts

well, this thread took an unexpected turn.

GTA_dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By GTA_dude
Member since 2004 • 18358 Posts

She has a boyfriend in America and she needs help with English? You'd think dating someone in the USA she'd speak the language well.

I dunno your age, her age, or why she's in canada or why she's dating someone in another country. Or their past experience and why they're in a relationship.

So because I have limited knowledge on this, I cant give much advice. But going why all the assumed answers to all the questions.

Go for her. Boyfriend lives a whole country away from her, and he is likely cheating on her too. Just be gradual, don't be too forceful or direct. Listen to her, when she starts complaining about how lonely she is and how her boyfriend sucks, then that's the time to make a move.

However, if she glorifies how great her boyfriend is and about all the great conversations they're having even through the distance, don't even bother. You'll scare her away.

fnevaeva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 fnevaeva
Member since 2005 • 617 Posts

If she doesn't have a ring on her finger, she's all game. As long as she ain't married, it's a free for all buddy. Who gives a shit if she loses her boyfriend? She'll be yours, that's what matters. Plus, if she decides to be with you, then that means she likes you better than her previous bf, so why not take the chance.