Skarwolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 0

#2 Skarwolf
Member since 2006 • 2718 Posts

Yes. I was laid off & went through a placement agency just to try it out. They put me with this auto parts manufacturer. I was on night shift. Now I have an education, I’ve worked in trades have gas & oil technician tickets, worked in steel production & mechanical assembly.

I wasn’t told who to talk to or where to go so I walked in sat there in a lunch room with all these regular employees. A manager walked in and told everyone some bullshit then everyone shuffled out leaving me.

I walked up introduced myself & said I was from the placement agency. The manager looked annoyed & sighed as if it was a burden.

I asked “problem?” His eyes bulged out at that and he said to follow him.

He took me through this stamping plant to a machine that was stamping parts that followed a conveyor. I was told to stand at the end and put the parts in a bin 😑

The “operator” came over he was a nice enough guy and explained if I did good the company would give me a contract. I asked how long he’d been there he said it took 3 years to get a contract & he’d been there 7 and was getting $18.

I asked if that really was my job standing there putting parts in a bin for fucking 8 hours. He said yes. I asked where the toilets were he pointed, I walked towards the toilets then left the building lol.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#3 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58271 Posts

That is pretty discourteous, to be honest. I would never do that.

@Skarwolf said:

Yes. I was laid off & went through a placement agency just to try it out. They put me with this auto parts manufacturer. I was on night shift. Now I have an education, I’ve worked in trades have gas & oil technician tickets, worked in steel production & mechanical assembly.

I wasn’t told who to talk to or where to go so I walked in sat there in a lunch room with all these regular employees. A manager walked in and told everyone some bullshit then everyone shuffled out leaving me.

I walked up introduced myself & said I was from the placement agency. The manager looked annoyed & sighed as if it was a burden.

I asked “problem?” His eyes bulged out at that and he said to follow him.

He took me through this stamping plant to a machine that was stamping parts that followed a conveyor. I was told to stand at the end and put the parts in a bin 😑

The “operator” came over he was a nice enough guy and explained if I did good the company would give me a contract. I asked how long he’d been there he said it took 3 years to get a contract & he’d been there 7 and was getting $18.

I asked if that really was my job standing there putting parts in a bin for fucking 8 hours. He said yes. I asked where the toilets were he pointed, I walked towards the toilets then left the building lol.

And this is why temps are terrible :D

We hire them occasionally at my job. Out of every four, two generally don't bother to show up, one sort of just disappears or meanders around....and one might actually do an OK job.

Skarwolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#4 Skarwolf
Member since 2006 • 2718 Posts

@mrbojangles25: it was beneath me. 🤷‍♂️

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#5 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58271 Posts

@Skarwolf said:

@mrbojangles25: it was beneath me. 🤷‍♂️

Fair enough, I know how that feels.

Sometimes you have to start at the bottom, though, and work your way up.