Germany has to pay 3-4 trillion euros for damages of WW2

• 100 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for FreedomFreeLife
FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 FreedomFreeLife
Member since 2013 • 3948 Posts

http://izvestia.ru/news/582576

- Actually Germany didn't pay the USSR of any reparations for destructions and atrocities on time of the Great Patriotic War. With GDR after war the agreement on the termination of collection of reparations, with Germany was concluded and the more so by the unified Germany of such agreements wasn't concluded, so, the question is open.

- It turns out, Germany paid compensations to six million victims of a Holocaust, but thus ignored 27 million killed Soviet people. I think that the total amount of reparations in the current prices has to be not less than three - four billion euros which Germany has to pay the assignee of the USSR - Russia, - the politician added.

Lawmaker Mikhail Degtyaryov believes the final amount of reparations to be paid to Russia, which is the legal successor to the USSR, will stand at €3-4 trillion

In short: GERMANY HAS TO PAY 3-4 TRILLION EUROS FOR RUSSIA FOR ATTACKING SOVIET UNION. PAY US OR WE GONNA INVITE MORE THAN UKRAINE!!!

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#2 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

This thread has potential.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 GazaAli
Member since 2007 • 25216 Posts

I don't want to get into the whole statute of limitations argument with you if it applies at all in the first place, but I think the USSR with its occupation of Eastern Germany for several decades kind of "got even" with Germany.

At any rate I've been thinking for a while about what appears to me to be German "exceptionalism" with regards to accountability and war-related culpability. Why exactly is Germany, or Nazi Germany for the sticklers of you ,continue to be the focus of what happened several decades ago? It would be one thing if whatever atrocities and cruelties committed by Germany during WWII continued to the present day or near past, or if it were not held responsible for them or didn't pay its dues for them. But the fact of the matter is that Germany witnessed a remarkable transformation when compared to the days of the third Reich and it actually did pay a fair deal of reparations. We can confidently say that the victims of Nazism are all but dead now, not that it excuses anything committed by Nazi Germany but for the sake of practicality you could say Germany is no longer culpable because both the persecutor and the persecuted are bygone. Yet it seems that German culpability just wouldn't be put to rest already even though that many other powers have committed their share of atrocities in different parts of the world and at different points in time without either changing or being held accountable to any degree at all. Even Germany itself seems to remain overshadowed by Nazism to this day. Its very peculiar.

FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 FreedomFreeLife

@GazaAli said:

I don't want to get into the whole statute of limitations argument with you if it applies at all in the first place, but I think the USSR with its occupation of Eastern Germany for several decades kind of "got even" with Germany.

At any rate I've been thinking for a while about what appears to me to be German "exceptionalism" with regards to accountability and war-related culpability. Why exactly is Germany, or Nazi Germany for the sticklers of you ,continue to be the focus of what happened several decades ago? It would be one thing if whatever atrocities and cruelties committed by Germany during WWII continued to the present day or near past, or if it were not held responsible for them or didn't pay its dues for them. But the fact of the matter is that Germany witnessed a remarkable transformation when compared to the days of the third Reich and it actually did pay a fair deal of reparations. We can confidently say that the victims of Nazism are all but dead now, not that it excuses anything committed by Nazi Germany but for the sake of practicality you could say Germany is no longer culpable because both the persecutor and the persecuted are bygone. Yet it seems that German culpability just wouldn't be put to rest already even though that many other powers have committed their share of atrocities in different parts of the world and at different points in time without either changing or being held accountable to any degree at all. Even Germany itself seems to remain overshadowed by Nazism to this day. Its very peculiar.

Germany attacked Soviet Union. Only germany killed our soliders and our people. Germany has to pay damages.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127503 Posts

How convenient to bring this up now when Russia is suffering an economic downfall.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 GazaAli

@horgen said:

How convenient to bring this up now when Russia is suffering an economic downfall.

I don't think Russia is actually expecting to get reparations for whatever Germany did to it. The Russians are just playing along as a part of the diplomatic shenanigans and propaganda campaigning surrounding the Ukraine, that is if that stance is adopted by the government or quasi-governmental affiliates in the first place rather than just being the opinion of some guy.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 GazaAli

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@GazaAli said:

Germany attacked Soviet Union. Only germany killed our soliders and our people. Germany has to pay damages.

I suppose the Soviet Union held itself accountable for whatever it committed in the past and paid the reparations it owes to the countries and people that paid the price of the cold war and Soviet expansionism. Give me a break.

FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By FreedomFreeLife

@GazaAli said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@GazaAli said:

I suppose the Soviet Union held itself accountable for whatever it committed in the past and paid the reparations it owes to the countries and people that paid the price of the cold war and Soviet expansionism. Give me a break.

What other countries? Other countries wanted to join with Soviet Union. Only Nazi germany attacked and killed our people and soliders. Germany has to pay money for damages!!!! Just like NATO attacked Ukraine and blames Russia for this.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 GazaAli

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@GazaAli said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@GazaAli said:

What other countries? Other countries wanted to join with Soviet Union. Only Nazi germany attacked and killed our people and soliders. Germany has to pay money for damages!!!! Just like NATO attacked Ukraine and blames Russia for this.

argh

Stesilaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Stesilaus
Member since 2007 • 4999 Posts

I strongly support this decision, not only because it is fair, right, meet and just, but also because it will establish a precedent for suing Imperial America for its many war crimes, past and present.

Incidentally, the Roma (less formally known as the "Gypsies") were also subjected to systematic genocide by the Nazis, yet they too have never been compensated.

Germany also gave a jolly great big "f*ck you" to the Herero and Namaqua people (of present day Namibia) when the latter applied for reparations. Though not well known, the very deliberate genocide of the Hereros and the Namaqua is one of the best documented cases of early 20-century genocide, with the culprits' own writings serving as irrefutable evidence of their crimes.

"I believe that the nation as such should be annihilated, or, if this was not possible by tactical measures, have to be expelled from the country...This will be possible if the water-holes from Grootfontein to Gobabis are occupied. The constant movement of our troops will enable us to find the small groups of nation who have moved backwards and destroy them gradually."

"I was present when the Herero were defeated in a battle in the vicinity of Waterberg. After the battle all men, women, and children who fell into German hands, wounded or otherwise, were mercilessly put to death. Then the Germans set off in pursuit of the rest, and all those found by the wayside and in the sandveld were shot down and bayoneted to death. The mass of the Herero men were unarmed and thus unable to offer resistance. They were just trying to get away with their cattle."

(German) Lieutenant General Lothar von Trotha, ca 1904

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 horgen  Moderator

@FreedomFreeLife said:

Sovien Union burned down northen parts of Norway... I don't think Norway got anything back from them.

JimB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#13 JimB
Member since 2002 • 3862 Posts

Germany had to pay for the First World War which in kind led to the Second World War. Many countries never paid the US for the aid given during the Second World War.

FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 FreedomFreeLife

@horgen said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

Sovien Union burned down northen parts of Norway... I don't think Norway got anything back from them.

No we did not burned down nothing. It was Germany. Only Germany killed innocent people, destoryed half of europe.

Also, http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/russian-parliament-considers-condemning-annexation-east-germany-1989-1485602

Half Germany occupated half of Soviet Union. YOU HAVE TO PAY OUR MONEY BACK NOW!!!

plageus900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#15 plageus900
Member since 2013 • 3065 Posts

disgonbegud.jpg

Avatar image for deactivated-5b797108c254e
deactivated-5b797108c254e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#16  Edited By deactivated-5b797108c254e
Member since 2013 • 11245 Posts

Hell, I didn't even care enough to find an image with a good resolution.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38677 Posts

what happened to you russia? you used to be cool.

Drunk_PI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Drunk_PI
Member since 2014 • 3358 Posts

They should like they did back in WW1. They were pretty fine afterwards, right? It didn't lead to WW2 did it?

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#19 YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

Cry more.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 horgen  Moderator

@korvus said:

Hell, I didn't even care enough to find an image with a good resolution.

It is great for stirring up the emotions to the people though.

Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts

Well you are allowed to dream.

alim298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#22 alim298
Member since 2012 • 2747 Posts
@korvus said:

This has to be the best meme humankind has ever come up with.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

@FreedomFreeLife said:

Half Germany occupated half of Soviet Union. YOU HAVE TO PAY OUR MONEY BACK NOW!!!

Huh. I thought the Germans didn't even get past Moscow. Half of the Soviet Union my butt.

Image from Google Maps.

helwa1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By helwa1988
Member since 2007 • 2157 Posts

at least Germany understands they have to pay for what they did. US still hasn't given descendants of slaves their 40 archers and a mule.

Slavery ruined generations of people and stripped blacks of their heritage and roots.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts
@helwa1988 said:

at least Germany understands they have to pay for what they did. US still hasn't given descendants of slaves their 40 archers and a mule.

Why single out the US? The Euros (including Germany) were heavily involved in Africa, treating the locals like pee-ons. I don't see those folks being compensated either.

RadecSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#26  Edited By RadecSupreme
Member since 2009 • 4824 Posts

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@GazaAli said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@GazaAli said:

Did Russia ever pay reparations to the families of the 20 million people Stalin killed?Or what about the mass rape in Berlin they committed to the German women? Didn't think so. You're completely brainwashed.

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

Oh Russia. How backwards you and your defenders are.

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts
@helwa1988 said:

Slavery ruined generations of people and stripped blacks of their heritage and roots.

We never promised to give anybody 40 archers.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

@GazaAli said:

I'd agree.....

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

Screw the Soviet Unión, Russia is a shithole, **** you.

End of discussion.

SaintLeonidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By SaintLeonidas
Member since 2006 • 26735 Posts

Avatar image for deactivated-598fc45371265
deactivated-598fc45371265

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#32  Edited By deactivated-598fc45371265
Member since 2008 • 13247 Posts

When will Russia compensate the countries of the former Eastern Bloc (including East Germany) for several decades of Soviet Union inflicted misery?

FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 FreedomFreeLife

@RadecSupreme said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@GazaAli said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@GazaAli said:

Did Russia ever pay reparations to the families of the 20 million people Stalin killed?Or what about the mass rape in Berlin they committed to the German women? Didn't think so. You're completely brainwashed.

STOP LYING!!!! Stalin did not kill anyone!!! Germany attacked us and we had to defen ourselves. Germany only killed people.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

@FreedomFreeLife said:

STOP LYING!!!! Stalin did not kill anyone!!! Germany attacked us and we had to defen ourselves. Germany only killed people.

Trolling, brainwashing, or stupidity.......

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@RadecSupreme said:

TC, at least try and not be so transparent

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@FreedomFreeLife said:

In short: GERMANY HAS TO PAY 3-4 TRILLION EUROS FOR RUSSIA FOR ATTACKING SOVIET UNION. PAY US OR WE GONNA INVITE MORE THAN UKRAINE!!!

Like to a tea party?

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#37 YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

@FreedomFreeLife said:

Not sure if trolling or willfully ignorant....

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 GazaAli

Chill out TC and go drink your vodka and play hacked CSS

FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 FreedomFreeLife

@LJS9502_basic said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

NATO attacked Ukraine. You attacked us!!!! stop lying

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

I vote stupid.

SapSacPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 SapSacPrime
Member since 2004 • 8925 Posts

Don't forget France TC; Napoleon cruised across your country and burned down your capital, surely France owes you something too -- no?

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 horgen  Moderator

@GazaAli said:

Chill out TC and go drink your vodka and play hacked CSS

Why not DOTA2? :P

Bruin1986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Bruin1986
Member since 2007 • 1629 Posts

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@GazaAli said:

Then I assume Russia will in turn have to pay all of that money in reparations for the 40 years of sheer horror that the USSR subjected most of Eastern Europe to? How about the thousands of Polish officers they literally executed for no reason? Will Russia be paying Poland? How about Finland? How about Afghanistan?

Should I continue?

Avatar image for MakeMeaSammitch
MakeMeaSammitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 MakeMeaSammitch
Member since 2012 • 4889 Posts

and Russia killed 50 million of it's on citizens.

Maybe they shouldn't go after others when they're basically as bad, if not worse, than nazi Germany themselves.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
Member since 2005 • 7914 Posts

They better start WW3 and cut loses

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#47 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

The ex-Soviet regime should have to pay reparations to the Russian people.

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

good thinking.

huge reparations worked out so well for europe after ww1.

outworld222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#49 outworld222  Online
Member since 2004 • 4220 Posts

@Master_Live: your foreshadowing failed :p

Avatar image for MakeMeaSammitch
MakeMeaSammitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 MakeMeaSammitch
Member since 2012 • 4889 Posts

@Bruin1986 said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@GazaAli said:

Then I assume Russia will in turn have to pay all of that money in reparations for the 40 years of sheer horror that the USSR subjected most of Eastern Europe to? How about the thousands of Polish officers they literally executed for no reason? Will Russia be paying Poland? How about Finland? How about Afghanistan?

Should I continue?

Don't forget the genocide against Christians and Jews.

They should get reparations.