Gene Simmons tells depressed people to kill themselves

This topic is locked from further discussion.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#1 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

I don't think he's the only one that's that simplistic in his view. Such a shame douchebags like this are out there saying this shit

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36044 Posts

It's really unfortunate that people don't see depression as a true illness.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 The_Last_Ride

@Serraph105 said:

It's really unfortunate that people don't see depression as a true illness.

It is, and it also affects people around them. Fucking assholes

JDWolfie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By JDWolfie
Member since 2007 • 1952 Posts

He should try being in my mother's shoes. He would be depressed all the time.

-ParaNormaN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5 -ParaNormaN-
Member since 2013 • 1573 Posts

Sorry but, I laughed. How many people are actually really "mad" at Gene for saying this? People are just hopping on the pitchfork and torches bandwagon because of this "sensitive" generation. If people want to go out and kill themselves then **** it. You can't save everyone.

vl4d_l3nin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 vl4d_l3nin
Member since 2013 • 3702 Posts

@-paranorman- said:

Sorry but, I laughed. How many people are actually really "mad" at Gene for saying this? People are just hopping on the pitchfork and torches bandwagon because of this "sensitive" generation. If people want to go out and kill themselves then **** it.

**** what?

the dead body?

-ParaNormaN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 -ParaNormaN-

@vl4d_l3nin said:

@-paranorman- said:

Sorry but, I laughed. How many people are actually really "mad" at Gene for saying this? People are just hopping on the pitchfork and torches bandwagon because of this "sensitive" generation. If people want to go out and kill themselves then **** it.

**** what?

the dead body?

Yes.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 The_Last_Ride

@-paranorman- said:

Sorry but, I laughed. How many people are actually really "mad" at Gene for saying this? People are just hopping on the pitchfork and torches bandwagon because of this "sensitive" generation. If people want to go out and kill themselves then **** it. You can't save everyone.

So you're saying you would yell "jump" to someone that looked like he was going to kill himself by jumping off a bridge?

-ParaNormaN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By -ParaNormaN-

@The_Last_Ride said:

@-paranorman- said:

So you're saying you would yell "jump" to someone that looked like he was going to kill himself by jumping off a bridge?

No. My point is that you cannot save everybody. Was anyone there to save Robin Williams from suicide? I'm not going to lose hair over every person trying to kill themselves, I'd rather not have that on my shoulders.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

@-paranorman- said:

You can't save everyone yeah that's true... but you shouldn't fucking encourage people to off themselves. :|

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 The_Last_Ride

@-paranorman- said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@-paranorman- said:

No. My point is that you cannot save everybody. Was anyone there to save Robin Williams from suicide? I'm not going to lose hair over every person trying to kill themselves, I'd rather not have that on my shoulders.

That's not what i am saying either. But you can do something about by being aware of this. Wouldn't you want to save someone if you had the chance or would you go the Gene Simmons way and just say "**** him/her let them kill themselves" .

-ParaNormaN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 -ParaNormaN-

@The_Last_Ride said:

@-paranorman- said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@-paranorman- said:

That's not what i am saying either. But you can do something about by being aware of this. Wouldn't you want to save someone if you had the chance or would you go the Gene Simmons way and just say "**** him/her let them kill themselves" .

If it was literally happening right in my face then yeah, I would try and do something about it. I'm not going to go out of my way to look for these people though, I'm not a therapist and don't know how to handle that kind of a situation so, I'll leave it to the pros to find them instead.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 The_Last_Ride

@-paranorman-: Fair enough, but my point is that Gene Simmons is being a major douche and he's not the only one out there.

PannicAtack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By PannicAtack
Member since 2006 • 21040 Posts

I don't know who this person is.

Oh. Dude from some band. That explains the facepaint.

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 AutoPilotOn
Member since 2010 • 8655 Posts

@PannicAtack: u seriously didn't know who was? It's just kinda shocking is all..

ferrari2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#16 ferrari2001
Member since 2008 • 17772 Posts

Yea, I had a guy at work say he has plenty of bad days but he's never killed himself and that all depression is, is a bad day. I don't see why people can't see depression as an actual mental illness. It affects many people.

PannicAtack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 PannicAtack
Member since 2006 • 21040 Posts

@AutoPilotOn said:

@PannicAtack: u seriously didn't know who was? It's just kinda shocking is all..

Name seemed familiar, but I couldn't place it without wikipedia.

I'm not really a rock music person.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 The_Last_Ride

@ferrari2001 said:

Yea, I had a guy at work say he has plenty of bad days but he's never killed himself and that all depression is, is a bad day. I don't see why people can't see depression as an actual mental illness. It affects many people.

Yeah, it is bad for them. But the people that kill themselves never really say that, they just do it. They may seem sad, but they never say it. Two friends of mine did it without ever saying they would do it

Avatar image for LostProphetFLCL
LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 LostProphetFLCL
Member since 2006 • 18526 Posts

Gene Simmons has been a dueche for some time so this is nothing new.

Also, Kiss is a fucking TERRIBLE band....

Buckhannah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Buckhannah
Member since 2013 • 715 Posts

I will eventually. Just not yet.

CyberLips

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 1

#21 CyberLips
Member since 2009 • 1826 Posts
Loading Video...

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#22  Edited By brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 6101 Posts

@LostProphetFLCL said:

I never did like that arsehole either,and yes,Kiss is a shitty band.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 The_Last_Ride

@LostProphetFLCL said:

I don't really care about the band, but he is a fucking douche

Avatar image for fred_flatulence
Fred_Flatulence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Fred_Flatulence
Member since 2014 • 65 Posts

Projecting his own feelings on his others since he's a no-talent hack.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#25 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

Not that I had any respect for that asshole to begin with, but **** him. If anyone needs to shrivel up and die already, it's probably him.

gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By gamerguru100
Member since 2009 • 12718 Posts

People who talk down to depressed and suicidal people really need to piss the **** off.

Avatar image for TheWalkingGhost
TheWalkingGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#27  Edited By TheWalkingGhost
Member since 2012 • 6092 Posts

@foxhound_fox said:

Not that I had any respect for that asshole to begin with, but **** him. If anyone needs to shrivel up and die already, it's probably him.

His lack of respect for life is disgusting. What if they are not bluffing, then what? Depression is a serious medical illness and people like simmons will vanish soon enough.

chernoalpha527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#28 chernoalpha527
Member since 2013 • 169 Posts

Ya know maybe if people actually understood depression and really tried to help and support people instead of having the mentality of "bitch get over it" less people would kill themselves.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#29 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44620 Posts

fucking Gene Simmons...

Loading Video...

Hmm, I'm reminded of some book I read where I guys phone number accidentally got published as the number to a suicide crisis hotline and he got sick and tired of people calling him so when people would wake him up in the middle of the night with their problems he'd tell them to kill themselves. But no, that's not happened here, Gene Simmons is just being a dick, this is the kind of mindless vitriol bullshit you'd expect from a heartless Republican cheerleader FOX News pundit... oh wait, he is one.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14815 Posts

Meh

CommandoAgent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#31 CommandoAgent
Member since 2005 • 1703 Posts

Meh seems to me that KISS Gene has spend to much on Drugs and has no clue just how bad depression is. Never liked Kiss to start with.

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 MrGeezer
Member since 2002 • 59765 Posts

@The_Last_Ride said:

@-paranorman-: Fair enough, but my point is that Gene Simmons is being a major douche and he's not the only one out there.

Yeah, but to be fair, has Gene Simmons ever oozed tastefulness and class? Sure he's being a douche, but he's Gene Simmons. What the hell do you expect?

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#33 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts

@-paranorman- said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@-paranorman- said:

Dat missed point

Avatar image for deactivated-5b797108c254e
deactivated-5b797108c254e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#34 deactivated-5b797108c254e
Member since 2013 • 11245 Posts

It's ok Gene; if I ever see you on top of a building I'll still try to talk you out of it...

-ParaNormaN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By -ParaNormaN-

@chaoscougar1 said:

@-paranorman- said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@-paranorman- said:

Dat missed point

Thank you for noticing!

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By LJS9502_basic  Online
Member since 2003 • 178858 Posts

He's just an idiot putting himself out in the public for attention. Ignore it and it will go away. His band sucks anyway.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By The_Last_Ride

@MrGeezer said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

Yeah, but to be fair, has Gene Simmons ever oozed tastefulness and class? Sure he's being a douche, but he's Gene Simmons. What the hell do you expect?

No matter who you are, there is no excuse to be fucking insensetive asshole

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#38 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18257 Posts

@LostProphetFLCL said:

Yes, i only like one of their songs and that is because it was on some Rock Band game...but yeah, Kiss is terrible!!!

On topic, is Gene Simmons, what would you expect, the guy is an asshole.

Avatar image for CreasianDevaili
CreasianDevaili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 CreasianDevaili
Member since 2005 • 4429 Posts

@The_Last_Ride said:

@MrGeezer said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

The way some of you have gone at each other through the years on these very forums I find it hard to swallow that you actually believe in that statement. At all.

Anyhow if the act of ending one's pain and/or misery is to try and burn it into the minds of complete strangers then I'm okay with the bully removing themselves. "You have the crowd" gives his statement the context intended, but seems easily ignored nonetheless.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 The_Last_Ride

@CreasianDevaili said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@MrGeezer said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

The way some of you have gone at each other through the years on these very forums I find it hard to swallow that you actually believe in that statement. At all.

Anyhow if the act of ending one's pain and/or misery is to try and burn it into the minds of complete strangers then I'm okay with the bully removing themselves. "You have the crowd" gives his statement the context intended, but seems easily ignored nonetheless.

I haven't been active on these forums for years because of unions, so i am not part pf that so called crowd

Xeno_ghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Xeno_ghost
Member since 2014 • 990 Posts

@The_Last_Ride: "No matter who you are, there is no excuse to be fucking insensetive asshole"

We'll see if he still holds that view if one of his close family members becomes depressed and wants to kill themselves.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 The_Last_Ride

@xeno_ghost said:

@The_Last_Ride: "No matter who you are, there is no excuse to be fucking insensetive asshole"

We'll see if he still holds that view if one of his close family members becomes depressed and wants to kill themselves.

I doubt that's going to happen statistically and i wouldn't want anyone to kill themselves. But this guy and guys like him are assholes

ominous_titan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 ominous_titan
Member since 2009 • 1217 Posts

Depression is a really overwhelming thing to have you shutdown mentally and causes actual physical pain. Nobody wants to be depressed and telling them to suck it up or whatever makes it worse, you can't see depression initially but after years of it you stop caring about your appearance ,health ,work ,friendships and it shows on some people but not most. Now people who are just lazy and can't be bothered to make a better life for themselves and blame others for everything and have a sense of entitlement that complain about everything and say they're depressed but are just attention whores ,they aren't depressed they're just useless eaters taking up space.problem is if you don't know anyone depressed those types of people get lumped in with the actual depressed people. Real depression is hard to understand and it takes control of your life.

PurpleLabel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By PurpleLabel
Member since 2014 • 314 Posts

It's Gene Simmons. I don't expect anything intellectual to ever come out of his deformed skull ever.

hippiesanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#46  Edited By hippiesanta
Member since 2005 • 10301 Posts

I agree with gene simmons

Xeno_ghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Xeno_ghost
Member since 2014 • 990 Posts

@The_Last_Ride: "I doubt that's going to happen statistically and i wouldn't want anyone to kill themselves. But this guy and guys like him are assholes"

I don't get it why is HIS family statistically less likely to become depressed and become suicidle? Not that I wish that on anyone.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By The_Last_Ride

@xeno_ghost said:

@The_Last_Ride: "I doubt that's going to happen statistically and i wouldn't want anyone to kill themselves. But this guy and guys like him are assholes"

I don't get it why is HIS family statistically less likely to become depressed and become suicidle? Not that I wish that on anyone.

I agree, but i guess some people are ignorant

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 MrGeezer
Member since 2002 • 59765 Posts

@The_Last_Ride said:

@MrGeezer said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

That wasn't my point. My point was that douchebags will be douchebags. And if I was gonna get upset every time they act in character, then I'd be upset all the time. I don't have the time and energy for that. Lots of people are pieces of shit, but I don't have to get angry every time they act like pieces of shit. I might get angry at them for being a piece of shit in general, and then it's like, "yeah...the dude's a piece of shit. Nothing to see here, of course he's gonna act like a piece of shit."

And maybe you're different, but I don't have the energy for that. I get upset when I find out that someone is a douchebag, but from that point on I can't continue to keep being upset every time they act like a douchebag. Then I'd be upset all the fucking time, and I just can't do it, man. The most I can muster when I see known douchebags acting like douchebags is to say, "yep, that seems like something that he'd do", then I turn my back on that shit and go focus my emotional energy on something positive.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#50 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@The_Last_Ride: Hmm, why post this now? its a old interview which seems to be taken somewhat out of context.

Anyways i kinda get where he comes from, and i get that with a mom who was strong enough to survive the KZ horrors of WWII it can seem a bit far out there that some middle-class 20 year old kid who were born with a bronze-spoon in his mouth runs around and thinks life is soooooo sad. So i don't think he was trying to be insensitive to people who suffer from depression, its just like with most strong minded people its hard to fully understand why someone just can't pick themselves up because they mentally ill.

Anyways he has said sorry.