Game of Thrones Season finale discussion. S3 Spoilers ahead!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 65

User Lists: 0

#1 lightleggy
Member since 2008 • 16090 Posts

Please use spoiler tags for book spoilers.

About 15 minutes for the season finale to begin on HBO...who's waiting for it in front of the TV?

Any predictions about what will happen in tonight's episode?

I think that something big involving Tyrion will happen, because today's "sticker" is Tyrion's

Those who've read the books may know what im talking about, and I think it would be a proper thing for the finale to show.

Discuss!

Lionheart08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#2 Lionheart08
Member since 2005 • 15814 Posts

[spoiler] Seriously thought Joffrey was going to get assassinated to end the season. Gotta wait another year. [/spoiler]

lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 lightleggy

[spoiler] Seriously thought Joffrey was going to get assassinated to end the season. Gotta wait another year. [/spoiler]

Lionheart08
Who knows, might happen tonight.
dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 dave123321
Member since 2003 • 35553 Posts
Just a heads up that it aired in the US on the east coast/central already. So would avoid the thread till the end, tc
lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 lightleggy
Just a heads up that it aired in the US on the east coast/central already. So would avoid the thread till the end, tcdave123321
i thought the premiere was global?
dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 dave123321
Member since 2003 • 35553 Posts
[QUOTE="dave123321"]Just a heads up that it aired in the US on the east coast/central already. So would avoid the thread till the end, tclightleggy

no
Lionheart08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Lionheart08
Member since 2005 • 15814 Posts

[QUOTE="Lionheart08"]

lightleggy

Who knows, might happen tonight.

I'm east-coast so I've already seen it. :P

lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 lightleggy
What a crappy finale :/
lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 lightleggy
[QUOTE="lightleggy"][QUOTE="dave123321"]Just a heads up that it aired in the US on the east coast/central already. So would avoid the thread till the end, tcdave123321

no

My bad, PR over here always brags about how the episodes air "globally". The episode was completely underwhelming btw.
wolverine4262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 wolverine4262
Member since 2004 • 20832 Posts
I thought it was pretty great. Seeing Aemon and Pyp was great. There was a good amount of action. Arya FINALLY became a killer. Davos/Gendry stuff was well handled. Not to mention the set up with the message from The Wall. Very well crafted. The end was disappointing. Dany could have been left out completely and I wouldnt have missed her. It felt cheesy. I also thought the end of the Yara/Balon scene was poor. Also disappointed that (book spoiler) [spoiler] There was no Coldhands. He better show up next season [/spoiler]
chrisrooR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 chrisrooR
Member since 2007 • 9027 Posts

Lionheart08
Dude, that might be a spoiler from furthur along in the books. Keep the spoilers to the episode and previous ones.
Shottayouth13-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Shottayouth13-
Member since 2009 • 7018 Posts
Not a bad episode but a weak finale. Should have given you something to look forward to as in the finales of seasons 1 and 2.
Ace6301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 Ace6301
Member since 2005 • 21389 Posts
Last bit wasn't that great. I get why they ended it on that note as they don't want to lose viewers over the feeling that there's no hope. I wouldn't remove it but having it last just makes the entire finale feel a bit less impactful compared to the first two. Still for the most part it was good, Tyrion and Tywins conversations are always excellent and Arya was amazing.
Chris_Williams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Chris_Williams
Member since 2009 • 14882 Posts

thought it was a good episode

lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 lightleggy
[QUOTE="wolverine4262"]I thought it was pretty great. Seeing Aemon and Pyp was great. There was a good amount of action. Arya FINALLY became a killer. Davos/Gendry stuff was well handled. Not to mention the set up with the message from The Wall. Very well crafted. The end was disappointing. Dany could have been left out completely and I wouldnt have missed her. It felt cheesy. I also thought the end of the Yara/Balon scene was poor. Also disappointed that (book spoiler) [spoiler] There was no Coldhands. He better show up next season [/spoiler]

The title was "Mhisa" which was something about Danerys story, yet she only shows up for 5 minutes and the only thing she does is uttering a few words and being lifted by a crowd of impoverished people as if it was loolapalozza.
th3warr1or

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#16 th3warr1or
Member since 2007 • 20637 Posts

A bit lackluster, but Tywin putting Joffrey in his place was great. Oh, and the Davos bits too.

How did Ygritte catch up with Jon so quickly? And why was the rest of the Wildling band not with her?

wolverine4262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 wolverine4262
[QUOTE="lightleggy"] The title was "Mhisa" which was something about Danerys story, yet she only shows up for 5 minutes and the only thing she does is uttering a few words and being lifted by a crowd of impoverished people as if it was loolapalozza.

Oh yea. I forgot to add the title should have been called Reek. Theons scene was excellent and I think it also describes the fallout nicely. Danys scene was dumb. There was a much better way to end, which i just wont say.

A bit lackluster, but Tywin putting Joffrey in his place was great. Oh, and the Davos bits too.

How did Ygritte catch up with Jon so quickly? And why was the rest of the Wildling band not with her?

th3warr1or
Dunno. That was all made up in the show. She does hit him with an arrow in the book (probably), but its when he first escapes. I liked the scene overall though.
Chris_Williams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Chris_Williams
Member since 2009 • 14882 Posts

almost each episode costs 6 million to make, HBO must have knew they had a hit series on their hands, wow

Ace6301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Ace6301
Member since 2005 • 21389 Posts

th3warr1or
He didn't look like he was going anywhere all that fast and who knows how long he stopped to clean his face or whatever, also drama. No wildlings were with her because they're pretty much all dead and I imagine the leader said f*ck it and let her run off or was busy burning the dead. Also yes Davos is a bro.
Avatar image for harry_james_pot
harry_james_pot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#20 harry_james_pot  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 11414 Posts
It was a fantastic episode, I really loved it. And to anyone who found it boring, lacking, or anything like that.. We're only half way through the book! Surely you can't expect any story lines to be tied up. Im glad they included Robb with Greywinds head. It's such an iconic image in the books, and I would've been really disappointed if they had cut it out. I also loved how Walders letter to Tywin being a word-for-word from the books. :D I'm not sure what they're doing with Asha, though... [spoiler] We know she's supposed to be at Deepwood Motte when Stannis gets there.. So I'm wondering what they'll have her do until then. [/spoiler]
ThaneKrios28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ThaneKrios28
Member since 2013 • 1551 Posts

good episode but for a finale it felt more kind of dull

it wasnt like oh wow but hopefully the season 4 premier is better

th3warr1or

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 th3warr1or
Why would Ygritte shoot him though? It's not like she just found out. She pretty much knew from the start.
wolverine4262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 wolverine4262
[QUOTE="harry_james_pot"]It was a fantastic episode, I really loved it. And to anyone who found it boring, lacking, or anything like that.. We're only half way through the book! Surely you can't expect any story lines to be tied up. Im glad they included Robb with Greywinds head. It's such an iconic image in the books, and I would've been really disappointed if they had cut it out. I also loved how Walders letter to Tywin being a word-for-word from the books. :D I'm not sure what they're doing with Asha, though... [spoiler] We know she's supposed to be at Deepwood Motte when Stannis gets there.. So I'm wondering what they'll have her do until then. [/spoiler]

That part with Robb and Grey Wind was SO brutal. I expected if anything, they would just mention it in passing. But, to have Arya actually see it was crazy. There was some definite pay off later in the episode. Im not really sure what some people were expecting from this episode. The 10th episode of the season is always reserved for wrapping up and setting up. There isnt room for any huge events.
harry_james_pot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 harry_james_pot  Moderator
[QUOTE="wolverine4262"] Im not really sure what some people were expecting from this episode. The 10th episode of the season is always reserved for wrapping up and setting up. There isnt room for any huge events.

Yeah, you would think people are used to this by now.
iloverikku11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 iloverikku11
Member since 2005 • 11039 Posts

[QUOTE="harry_james_pot"]It was a fantastic episode, I really loved it. And to anyone who found it boring, lacking, or anything like that.. We're only half way through the book! Surely you can't expect any story lines to be tied up. Im glad they included Robb with Greywinds head. It's such an iconic image in the books, and I would've been really disappointed if they had cut it out. I also loved how Walders letter to Tywin being a word-for-word from the books. :D I'm not sure what they're doing with Asha, though... [spoiler] We know she's supposed to be at Deepwood Motte when Stannis gets there.. So I'm wondering what they'll have her do until then. [/spoiler] wolverine4262
That part with Robb and Grey Wind was SO brutal. I expected if anything, they would just mention it in passing. But, to have Arya actually see it was crazy. There was some definite pay off later in the episode. Im not really sure what some people were expecting from this episode. The 10th episode of the season is always reserved for wrapping up and setting up. There isnt room for any huge events.

True, but at the same time, ending the season on a reveal is always good. Season 1 had dragons, 2 had white walkers and this season could have had [spoiler] Coldhands or Stoneheart [/spoiler]

mrmusicman247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 mrmusicman247
Member since 2008 • 17601 Posts
hodor
th3warr1or

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 th3warr1or

hodormrmusicman247

Hodor? Hodor hodor hodor, hodor hodor. Hodor hodor. :P

th3warr1or

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 th3warr1or

[QUOTE="wolverine4262"][QUOTE="harry_james_pot"]It was a fantastic episode, I really loved it. And to anyone who found it boring, lacking, or anything like that.. We're only half way through the book! Surely you can't expect any story lines to be tied up. Im glad they included Robb with Greywinds head. It's such an iconic image in the books, and I would've been really disappointed if they had cut it out. I also loved how Walders letter to Tywin being a word-for-word from the books. :D I'm not sure what they're doing with Asha, though... [spoiler] We know she's supposed to be at Deepwood Motte when Stannis gets there.. So I'm wondering what they'll have her do until then. [/spoiler] iloverikku11

True, but at the same time, ending the season on a reveal is always good. Season 1 had dragons, 2 had white walkers and this season could have had [spoiler] Coldhands or Stoneheart [/spoiler]

I guess S3 isn't really the end of its own arc, since they split it. So technically it's like the middle episode of a season.

BossPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 BossPerson
Member since 2011 • 9177 Posts
Davos is my new favorite character
BossPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 BossPerson
Member since 2011 • 9177 Posts

[spoiler] without future spoilers, why exactly is Bolton's son torturing Theon? Is it so they can use it as leverage to get the Ironborn out of the North? [/spoiler]

CommanderShiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 CommanderShiro
Member since 2005 • 21746 Posts

Good episode overall, looking forward to next season. Loved Arya killing that guy and Tyrion/Tywin belittle Joffery. 

harry_james_pot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 harry_james_pot  Moderator

[spoiler] without future spoilers, why exactly is Bolton's son torturing Theon? Is it so they can use it as leverage to get the Ironborn out of the North? [/spoiler]

BossPerson
Because he's crazy. :D
iloverikku11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 iloverikku11
Member since 2005 • 11039 Posts

[QUOTE="BossPerson"]

harry_james_pot

Because he's crazy. :D

And a c**t

Lonelynight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Lonelynight
Member since 2006 • 30051 Posts
when's the next season coming out?
comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#35 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38685 Posts
when's the next season coming out?Lonelynight
not for a while... like march
Lonelynight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Lonelynight
Member since 2006 • 30051 Posts
[QUOTE="Lonelynight"]when's the next season coming out?comp_atkins
not for a while... like march

damn [spoiler] i want to see joffrey die [/spoiler] book spoiler
wolverine4262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 wolverine4262

iloverikku11
I agree. The ending was weak, but it doesnt break the episode. As I said, I thought crafting the setup for Stannis getting the message from the Wall was excellent. They had a lot of characters to move around, and they did it expertly. there were a good amount of big events (Arya the killer, Ramsay is the torturer, and Stannis and the Wall).

[QUOTE="mrmusicman247"]hodorth3warr1or

Hodor? Hodor hodor hodor, hodor hodor. Hodor hodor. :P

HOOOoooooDoooor! HoOOOOOoooODOOORR!
Swanogt19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#38 Swanogt19
Member since 2008 • 24159 Posts
[QUOTE="wolverine4262"]I thought it was pretty great. Seeing Aemon and Pyp was great. There was a good amount of action. Arya FINALLY became a killer. Davos/Gendry stuff was well handled. Not to mention the set up with the message from The Wall. Very well crafted. The end was disappointing. Dany could have been left out completely and I wouldnt have missed her. It felt cheesy. I also thought the end of the Yara/Balon scene was poor. Also disappointed that (book spoiler) [spoiler]

I completely agree about Dany.
lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 lightleggy

BossPerson

For no reason, he's just a crazy ass sadist.

It's even mentioned in like the first book that [spoiler] He and his servant would go out to a random town, look for peasant girls, kidnapp them and hunt them, if the girls offered good hunt he would give them a quick death, if not he would skin them alive, just because. [/spoiler]

lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 lightleggy

It was a fantastic episode, I really loved it. And to anyone who found it boring, lacking, or anything like that.. We're only half way through the book! Surely you can't expect any story lines to be tied up. Im glad they included Robb with Greywinds head. It's such an iconic image in the books, and I would've been really disappointed if they had cut it out. I also loved how Walders letter to Tywin being a word-for-word from the books. :D I'm not sure what they're doing with Asha, though... [spoiler] We know she's supposed to be at Deepwood Motte when Stannis gets there.. So I'm wondering what they'll have her do until then. [/spoiler] harry_james_pot

They will probably alter that storyline a bit.

Remember even her name is different and the character is pretty different too. They have already deviated a lot from some storylines, for example Gendry in the books

[spoiler]  Is a minor character and he is never "kidnapped" by melissandre, he's described as a small boy and he stays with the brotherhood, they never sell him off [/spoiler]

wolverine4262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 wolverine4262

[QUOTE="BossPerson"]

lightleggy

For no reason, he's just a crazy ass sadist.

It's even mentioned in like the first book that [spoiler] He and his servant would go out to a random town, look for peasant girls, kidnapp them and hunt them, if the girls offered good hunt he would give them a quick death, if not he would skin them alive, just because. [/spoiler]

If I remember correctly thats expanded on in the fifth book.
meatgrinderz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#42 meatgrinderz
Member since 2010 • 1329 Posts

OK episode. Didn't feel like a big finale but that is okay. I thought we'd see more about the fallout after the Red Wedding. I wanted to see Jamie and Cersei talk but I guess that is next season. next stop: Breaking Bad in August!!!!!!!!!

THGarrett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 THGarrett
Member since 2003 • 2574 Posts

I thought it was a good finale.  There was really no way it could have topped last weeks episode but I was satisfied as far as the setup goes for next season.

I loved the bit with Joffrey basically jumping around with glee and Tyrion asking if he killed any puppies today. :lol:

Jackboot343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Jackboot343
Member since 2007 • 2574 Posts

Got HBO free for a weekend and watched S3 in two evenings. Thought the ending would be Mance Rayder lighting that fire. The wait for the next season is going to be brutal, I want vengeance now. Despite the body count growing, there's still plenty of characters (duos in this case) I enjoy: Tyrion & Bronn, Jaimie & Brienne, Barristan & Jorah, Snow & Sam, Arya & The Hound, and Davos & Gendry.

Couple questions:
I thought the reason behind everyone wanting to marry Sansa was to become King of the North in the event that Robb died. Does this mean Tyrion is King of the North?
Where are Arya & The Hound headed? Doesn't seem like either have a place to call home
The Wildling Warg that tranformed into an eagle is alive as an eagle or dead?
Benjen Stark has been missing forever, will he ever show up?

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11126 Posts

Couple questions:
I thought the reason behind everyone wanting to marry Sansa was to become King of the North in the event that Robb died. Does this mean Tyrion is King of the North?

From what I' ve understund Sansa' s son will be the king of the north. Tywin keeps reminding Tyrion that he should give Sansa a child as soon as possible.Either way isn' t Bran the rightful air to the Winterfell throne? I mean he' s the oldest male Stark child.
Where are Arya & The Hound headed? Doesn't seem like either have a place to call home

Yeah they haven' t stated anything. They were just getting the hell away from the Twin Towers.
The Wildling Warg that tranformed into an eagle is alive as an eagle or dead?

I think the eagle was just very loyal to the wildling and attacked Jon for hurting his "master".
Benjen Stark has been missing forever, will he ever show up?

I' m near the end of book 1 myself so I don' t know what happens next with him. Whoever answers this please use spoiler tags. :P

Jackboot343