Game of Thrones Season 8 Final discussion thread! (Spoilers discussion included)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151  Edited By SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14788 Posts

I hate how they show those assholes at the end of each episode. Just rubbing our faces in their shit. I don’t even watch them and it’s not like they force it but it’s so pretentious of them.

#danykindofforgotabouttheironfleet

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#152 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10360 Posts
@Master_Live said:

The heel turn just happened too fast (everything has been rushed).

i think you could see this coming for a while.

it was easy to buy into the whole breaker of chains thing, but the reality was she needed an army. all the people other than her perpetuating it were largely men besotted with her or her best mate. arya and sansa see through it. varys sees through it.

she's gone to the north and seen she doesn't get a free pass. people don't love her by default. the people of kings landing didn't witness the battle against the dead so it carries little weight. they're not a people crying out for a liberator. many of her closest friends / allies have gone. she's not got the strongest claim to the throne any more. she's been building to this moment all series. we've seen her cruel and merciless side many times. if she's going to rule and fulfil her destiny she needs to do so through fear. plus it's in her genes

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 13

#153 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

Well, only 20 minutes til the finale. o.o;

I started watching this show late, in 2016. I picked up the first two seasons in April that year, and gradually caught up through the year. Though I haven't been with GoT as long as a lot of people, it really became a big part of my life these past couple of years. I'm happy to see its conclusion, but I'll miss having new episodes to look forward to.

I know the past two seasons have been a little bumpy, but I'm still really enjoying it. I liked the last episode a lot, and I think there are ways that this show could tie up remaining plots within a satisfying finale. I'm not expecting a black and white ending, but more of a grey one. And maybe there will be a few surprises along the way.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154  Edited By deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

So it's over. I'll admit, it didn't feel like everything wrapped up, but I guess I felt like the characters ended up where they were supposed to.

I get the impression that the actual final book would go on a little farther than the show did.

It felt depressingly fitting that Jon wound up back where he started, among the wildlings.

The whole thing did feel very truncated, but open to continuation. I wonder if maybe that was intentional. But I'd like to think these characters have finally reached a time of peace and the world is in a better place now than when the series started.

It wasn't really as grey of an ending as I was expecting, but maybe it was a bit like life in the way everything just kind of continued on despite everything that everyone had been through.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11002 Posts

Some got circular paths (Jon, Tyrion), some went on to new adventures (Arya), democracy gets a great big LOL, and our boy "Raisin" Bran Stark gets the grand prize. Tell him what he's won...

"I want nothing"

.... oookay. Turns out Bran was just the kind of guy Varys was looking for after all. A guy who realllllly did not want the job, he fits that description to a T. And, it's a left field choice for me, but... fine. I mean, he was the first focus of the story and things pushed kicked off that fateful day he plunged from that window. Sure, it may not seem fair to Jon who's saved the day many times only to lose the promotion to the guy who barely speaks... but so is life. Calm has returned for the time being and the cogs of the machine are in motion again. The only thing that could have made this more pat is if they cut to a shot of Drogon licking himself in the last frame.

And now our watch is ended. What the hell do I do with myself now?

Avatar image for deactivated-5d78760d7d740
deactivated-5d78760d7d740

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 deactivated-5d78760d7d740
Member since 2009 • 16386 Posts

Not gonna lie, that was probably the most disappointing episode of the entire show for me. Not because of what happened, but because everything happened so quickly. Many things that should have been expanded on were left open. They really needed more time.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157  Edited By Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36038 Posts

Overall it felt like pretty fitting end. I like that Arya is going off on her own adventures, Sansa should be in charge of Winterfell, and Daenerys needed to die.

Personally I felt like Jon should be in charge of the now 6 kingdoms being the rightful heir and all. Bran the boring just doesn't make much sense to me, but Tyrion is in the right place in my opinion. I want to believe Jon went to live with the free folk and thus got to be free of the nights watch.

The one big plot thread that never got picked back up that really bothers me is Brans ability to literally change time. That's a huge thing to make use of only once (in a very limited way at that) and never bring up again.

Son-Goku7523

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#158  Edited By Son-Goku7523
Member since 2019 • 955 Posts

Most disappointing series finale I've ever seen. I don't even know where to begin.

Terrible and rushed ending that's all I'll say.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160  Edited By Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50495 Posts

Jon should have been king, but whatever. Starks ruling westoros from the north to south

Although I thought it was stupid going from don't talk tyrion! To ok, you can decide who the king is and how ALL future kings are picked

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By Chutebox

@Serraph105: When did Bran change time?

Or do you mean see the future?

Son-Goku7523

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By Son-Goku7523
Member since 2019 • 955 Posts

@Chutebox said:

Jon should have been king, but whatever. Starks ruling westoros from the north to south

Although I thought it was stupid going from don't talk tyrion! To ok, you can decide who the king is and how ALL future kings are picked

This part really bothered me. Some terrible writing there.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10360 Posts

well that was one way to end it i guess

also paves the way for several spin offs

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 DaVillain  Moderator  Online
Member since 2014 • 55899 Posts

As someone who hasn't really had a major issue with this last season, I didn't really have much of an issue with this finale. I'm a little bummed about Jon's ending, not because I wanted him on the throne, but because I hoped he'd at least get a nicer ending. Granted, I suppose one could argue that's where he most felt at home, but much like Jaime's "reversion", this just kind of felt like, after everything, he's back to square one.

I don't mind Bran getting the crown, but it still seems weird, given that he's basically been an "observer" since the whole three eyed raven stuff. I dunno. I thought the ending was okay. But then again, I was fine with this whole season, even though everyone else seems to think it's been a giant dumpster fire which is totally understandable.

I'll rate season 8 a 7/10. It ended just like I expected it to end, I especially like the jail scene with Tyrion and Jon since it helped explaining to all the idiots that cried over Dany "sudden" transformation. They also left a huge opening for a spin-off adventure with Arya. No one knows what is across the western sea, so we might get more ancient lore behind the world but at this point, the writers are now gonna work on Star Wars stuff so hey, this series needs a hiatus should they return for a spin-off.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 Serraph105

@Chutebox: Hodor

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38662 Posts

i enjoyed the finale. probably would have been better stretched over 2 episodes but whatever. it was pretty obvious dany had to die at that point, especially after her speech. tyrion tossing his pin right in front of her was pretty badass because he knew what it meant.

jon and tyrion's discussion was good. jon sticking with "my queen" crap felt stupid for his character so it was good to see him off her. i was kinda hoping gendry would get the seat because he does have a legit claim now that he's officially a baratheon. it would have been fun to see him like "wait, what? me?" and sansa telling edmure to sit the **** down was good too.

not sure how jon wasn't killed on the spot by the unsullied or dothraki but it doesn't really matter. it made sense for him to end up back in the north and not on the throne. he's a targaryen and it seems like the world has had enough of them for a while. bran was an odd choice but looking at him as someone who intimately knows where and how all the ****-ups of the past happened and being someone who is not lustful for power could work.

sad to see the series end because it brought us some truely epic entertainment.

#wheeledthrone

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 Chutebox

@Serraph105: Ugh, I forgot about that bs

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 Chutebox

@davillain-: There are three spin offs being made, we only know about one which is a prequel

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#169 FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20248 Posts
@Chutebox said:

@davillain-: There are three spin offs being made, we only know about one which is a prequel

That's nice and all, but there's only 1 true king that sits in the Iron Throne

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 DaVillain  Moderator  Online

@Chutebox said:

I'm down for whatever comes my way.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 Serraph105

@Chutebox said:

@Serraph105: Ugh, I forgot about that bs

That's why the whole theory of "Bran is the Night King" made so much sense. The ability to warg people in the past and change time was a huge plot device that was introduced and hadn't been utilized in a larger way. This would have expanded upon it as a power and plot device that put a neat/bittersweet bow on it and a bunch of Westerosi history at the same time. It would have explained who Bran the Builder really was (Bran built the wall to keep out the Night King), why the mad king went mad "hearing whispers" was Bran trying to recruit him against the Night King (like Ned seemed to hear Bran in the past) and the King yelling "Burn them all" wasn't about the people of KL, but the White Walkers, and Bran being linked to the Night King via warging him unintentionally when he saw how the children of the forest created him.

Instead the payoff to that plot device was........nothing. Fucking nothing. Even if that awesome theory wasn't correct it makes no sense to introduce such a thing if you aren't going to do anything with it. Especially when you consider that Hodor could have done the exact same thing without the tragic backstory added to it.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#172 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

So they take away his sword to visit Tyrion but not to visit the queen alone. Whatever.

I think the ending was ok.

mandzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#173 mandzilla  Moderator
Member since 2017 • 4686 Posts

I regret staying up until 2am to watch that.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By Master_Live

‘Game of Thrones’: Plastic Water Bottle Spotted in Series Finale.

What a joke.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 comp_atkins
@Master_Live said:

What a joke.

lol @ the fake outrage over this though...

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#176  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58159 Posts

Concerning the season finale:

Well, at least it's over, right? Pretty mediocre finish though. And ambiguous. And a joke.

I mean it's literally a bunch of unqualified people trying to figure out what to do

"Well, what do we do now?"

Hey, how about democracy!?!?!?!"

*everyone laughs*

"Let's ask the smart dwarf that misled everyone!

"No. Small man bad!"

"Let him speak"

"Lets appoint a psychic as king"

"OK"

"Yeah but I am a woman and I want to be queen just like I wanted to be when I was a kid, so we will secede and be the North"
"OK I'm fine with that"

"Arya what are you doing?"
"Oh I think I'll get on a boat and sail away"
"Cool beans"

I'm actually re-watching the first season right now, and it is a lot better in just about every respect. Night and day. Better writing, better acting (which is shocking because half the actors are children...), better story, better produced....just better.

I'm paying special attention to Daenerys, trying to figure out if we could have seen this all coming (I think we could have). She is a victim-turned-oppressor with a liberator complex that also demands to be treated like a princess. She is Israel, and the rest of the world is Palestine.

@comp_atkins said:
@Master_Live said:

What a joke.

I'm not outraged (I don't really care, tbh), but it does speak of the lack of care and professionalism invested in this season.

If they can't be bothered to take their jobs seriously, then I can't be bothered to take their work seriously.

As @Master_Live said: what a joke.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 comp_atkins
@mrbojangles25 said:

Well, at least it's over, right? Pretty mediocre finish though. And ambiguous. And a joke.

I mean it's literally a bunch of unqualified people trying to figure out what to do

*everyone laughs*

"No. Small man bad!"

"Let him speak"

"OK"

"Yeah but I am a woman and I want to be queen just like I wanted to be when I was a kid, so we will secede and be the North"

"OK I'm fine with that"

"Cool beans"

I'm actually re-watching the first season right now, and it is a lot better in just about every respect. Night and day. Better writing, better acting (which is shocking because half the actors are children...), better story, better produced....just better.

I'm paying special attention to Daenerys, trying to figure out if we could have seen this all coming (I think we could have). She is a victim-turned-oppressor with a liberator complex that also demands to be treated like a princess. She is Israel, and the rest of the world is Palestine.

@comp_atkins said:
@Master_Live said:

What a joke.

I'm not outraged (I don't really care, tbh), but it does speak of the lack of care and professionalism invested in this season.

If they can't be bothered to take their jobs seriously, then I can't be bothered to take their work seriously.

As @Master_Live said: what a joke.

it's clear a massive amount of care and professionalism went into make this season like any of the other ones.

to chalk up a small mistake or two to a lack of it come off a little ridiculous when in 99.999999999999% of the frames of the show there aren't water bottles or coffee cups :P

Avatar image for deactivated-5d78760d7d740
deactivated-5d78760d7d740

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178  Edited By deactivated-5d78760d7d740
Member since 2009 • 16386 Posts

My favourite part was that the whole game of thrones was solved in one scene. "Everybody vote for Bran" "OK!" *vote unanimously for Bran*

If only it were that easy in the previous seasons. You know, with all the betrayal, the bribes, people wanting their own families in power, people suspicious of rivals and not trusting strangers......nah, let's all vote for the expressionless teenager in a wheelchair that we hardly know :P

While we're at it, let's all agree on independence only for the north while we still need to answer to a king. Because we're just that nice and don't want independence for our own nations.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179  Edited By Chutebox

@mrbojangles25: "I'm actually re-watching the first season right now, and it is a lot better in just about every respect. Night and day. Better writing, better acting (which is shocking because half the actors are children...), better story, better produced....just better."

Season 1 is easily my favorite. I love every second of it for the reasons you mentioned. I don't mean to fall back on this every time, but I do (lol), but the second D&D ran out of writing material from GRRM, the show crashed. Crashed hard! It was still entertaining like a summer blockbuster...but that's not what made this show great.

For all you Star Wars fanatics, I'm sorry

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180  Edited By johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11124 Posts

So Bran had a change of heart from "I'm not interested in ruling and the petty matters of men" to "that's why I came here, to be the king". To an outsider he may be a reasonable candidate for ruling but it doesn't fit his character at all. A character that was never fully realized, which is a shame as the three-eyed raven was one of the most interesting and mysterious plot lines of the show, along with the White Walkers. Both disappointed.

It seems odd to me that Jon didn't become king. Claim to the throne aside, he is the best candidate. A leader, honorable and caring. And he didn't because... the Unsullied were mad at him? Even so, I liked his conclusion - it was both nostalgic and sad. He returned North, where he belongs, to an exile of guilt. Plus the reunion with Ghost was touching.

It was nice seeing all the Houses present in the grand council. Gendry would be a great choice for a king imo. He is a Baratheon but also one of the common people. An able council would complement his inexperience.

All in all and aside from Bran, the remaining characters got a somewhat satisfying and fitting end. Dany couldn't escape her fate. Drogon's reaction was amazing all the way to his disappearing in the horizon.

The final season was rushed and half-assed. Even so, it's been a fun ride and the rest of the show is probably my favorite piece of television ever. I'm looking forward to the still unreleased novels for a true dose of Game of Thrones.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 Serraph105

@mrbojangles25 said:

*everyone laughs*

"No. Small man bad!"

"Let him speak"

"OK"

"OK I'm fine with that"

"Cool beans"

Those two parts make sense. In addition to Bran being her brother, he understands that the people of the North are pretty far removed from the people of King's Landing from a way of life and traditions and values. Plus he's Bran the uncaring, disinterested 3 eyed raven. He knows it's the right thing and he doesn't care for power at all.

In terms of Arya, if she's not going to be a noble/princess/lady of anything in the 7 kingdoms then she needs to do something beyond just being a commoner. Being an adventurer makes sense for a character who's been doing that since the end of season 1. Maybe you can think of something better, but Arya being wild and free to do as she pleases is what makes the most sense for her character.

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#182 IMAHAPYHIPPO
Member since 2004 • 4195 Posts

I don't care what anybody thought about any other part of the show, Drogon taking out the true antagonist of the show, which was that big dumb chair, was the most epic fucking thing I've seen in GOT. I got out of my chair and cheered.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator  Online

@comp_atkins said:
@Master_Live said:

What a joke.

This is the 5th time? Starbuck ,extra hand, no dany on drogon, what else? They really stopped trying for Season 8 & the producers seem to have lost interest in the show. They expect us to believe this wasn’t a rush job?

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 Master_Live

@davillain- said:
@comp_atkins said:
@Master_Live said:

What a joke.

This is the 5th time? Starbuck ,extra hand, no dany on drogon, what else? They really stopped trying for Season 8 & the producers seem to have lost interest in the show. They expect us to believe this wasn’t a rush job?

Wait wait, extra hand? No Dany on Drogon? I need to see those.

Avatar image for deactivated-6068afec1b77d
deactivated-6068afec1b77d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#185  Edited By deactivated-6068afec1b77d
Member since 2017 • 2539 Posts

This was the best season in terms of veiwerships but the worst season by critics lmao

Wow, just wow. Quite ironic.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 Master_Live

Also, I want to give a shout out to my main man Bronn, you are the best. Brothels are a legitimate state priority and don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

mandzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#187 mandzilla  Moderator
Member since 2017 • 4686 Posts

@watercrack445: It was like watching a train wreck, you can't look away.

AcidTango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 AcidTango
Member since 2013 • 3211 Posts

At first the last episode started out ok but then got really silly at the end. Also did Jon leave the Night Watch and joined the Free Folks as one of them now? I was hoping that he would be the King instead of Bran.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#189 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58159 Posts

@AcidTango said:

At first the last episode started out ok but then got really silly at the end. Also did Jon leave the Night Watch and joined the Free Folks as one of them now? I was hoping that he would be the King instead of Bran.

My impression is that he was banished to the North (the real north, not the fake North where Winterfell is, but the North of the Wall North) and it was merely a formality that he was in the Night's Watch. With the undead destroyed and peace made with the free folk, there's no point in a Nights Watch. And if anyone calls him on it ("Hey you abandoned your post") he can simply say he was out patrolling.

I am more curious what happened with the dragon...

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 Chutebox

@mrbojangles25: took dany to valyria. After that, killing and eatng shit!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

I ally am going to miss this show.

I read an article yesterday about a counseling group in the UK helping people who have a rough time getting over the show ending. At first it sounded a little ridiculous, but honestly people have spent a lot of time with this story, and there's kind of a void once it's done.

I wonder if I'll check out the other Westeros shows, or maybe finally read the books one day. But I feel like the show ending at this point of time is part of the end of a period in my life.

AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#192  Edited By AFBrat77
Member since 2004 • 26848 Posts

I really enjoyed the finale, particularly up to and including the dragon leaving with Daenerys body. 10/10 to that point. Afterwards it was still very good, despite the jarring time jump to where the lords pick a ruler. How they got there can be figured out.

What was so good about this episode was that it was a throwback to seasons 1-6 where things weren't rushed and weren't always caving to fan fiction. Sure, all the bad guys are dead and mostly good guys are left to rule, but it still felt right.

The 4 remaining Starks (including Jon Snow), who lost 4 of their family also, are the big winners here. Bran and Sansa (who always enjoyed royalty) become rulers, Arya can explore freely new areas without resorting to her list, and Jon Snow in my opinion has a happy ending with a likely family amidst the Free-Folk, Tormund, and Ghost. I like to think Jon is now the leader of the Free-Folk ala Mance Raydor (sp?) minus the ill-will to Sansa in the "south". A great finish.

But the biggesr winner is Tyrion. Mostly because Bran is giving Tyrion the business of running the 6 kingdoms it seems. A lot of power. And he gets some of my favorites like Bronn, Davos, and Brienne to shoot the breeze with.

Great ending episode, all of the Starks could have an interesting spinoff. My favorite scene though was (like many other people) Drogon melting the chair, which was the obsession for Danny that ultimately caused her death.

Episode was 9.0 /10

Baconstrip78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 Baconstrip78
Member since 2013 • 1851 Posts

I truly despise the two hack writers for what they did to this show. Started in season 6 when they ran out of material and just kept getting worse as they drifted further from the source material.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 Chutebox

Well, here's a bit of news. GRRM basically comfirmed he expects to be done with WoW by August...of next year lol. Better than nothing! Check the last paragraph

For those lazy, "But I tell you this — if I don’t have THE WINDS OF WINTER in hand when I arrive in New Zealand for worldcon, you have here my formal written permission to imprison me in a small cabin on White Island, overlooking that lake of sulfuric acid, until I’m done."

AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 AFBrat77

@Baconstrip78 said:

I truly despise the two hack writers for what they did to this show. Started in season 6 when they ran out of material and just kept getting worse as they drifted further from the source material.

personally I thought season 6 was one of the best seasons

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 Chutebox
@AFBrat77 said:
@Baconstrip78 said:

personally I thought season 6 was one of the best seasons

Pretty sure season 6 still uses some of the things from the books.

AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 AFBrat77

@Chutebox:

I only read the first 3 books, but I think the Hodor origin episode in season 6 was from material from the books at least. What about the High Sparrow stuff?

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 MrGeezer
Member since 2002 • 59765 Posts

@XVision84 said:

My favourite part was that the whole game of thrones was solved in one scene. "Everybody vote for Bran" "OK!" *vote unanimously for Bran*

If only it were that easy in the previous seasons. You know, with all the betrayal, the bribes, people wanting their own families in power, people suspicious of rivals and not trusting strangers......nah, let's all vote for the expressionless teenager in a wheelchair that we hardly know :P

While we're at it, let's all agree on independence only for the north while we still need to answer to a king. Because we're just that nice and don't want independence for our own nations.

Not just someone that they hardly know, but someone who they hardly know AND has never demonstrated any kind of leadership AND who is actually powerful as hell. I mean, everyone seems to be putting an awful lot of trust in Bran actually being a benevolent ruler when they really don't know the first thing about him. If they're wrong about that, then they've got a BIG problem on their hands. I mean, in addition to his other weird and creepy powers, I think it's at least implied that he can control a dragon. CAN he control a dragon? He says that he's going to "find" Drogon. Doesn't anyone see that as a problem after just having seen a different person use Drogon in order to burn King's Landing to the ground?

I probably wouldn't vote for Bran either. And yet, not ONE single person objects. It's freaking unanimous. NO ONE has any objections to that guy?

Additionally, why the hell does no one have a problem with Bran controlling the 6 Kingdoms AND Sansa controlling an independent North? Does no one else see that as way too much power for the Starks? Not only does the son of Ned Stark get to rule the 6 Kingdoms, but HIS SISTER gets to retain control of an independent North even AFTER control of the 6 Kingdoms goes to a new king. No one else sees that as a problem? I mean, even if everyone did know enough about Bran to know that he'd be a good and benevolent ruler, that's STILL too much power to be giving to House Stark. That's a totally lopsided balance of power between House Stark and House Everyone Else, and not one single person objected to it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

GS posted this article the other day that floated the possibility that Bran might be evil. I'm not sure if the evidence suggests that Bran is actually evil, but I do think it raises some good points.

One thing is, Bran is seemingly the smartest character in the series. He may have orchestrated events to result in his greatest challengers to the throne killing each other off. This might not prove that Bran is evil, but he is definitely cunning and manipulative.

The other thing is, Bran might not really be Bran anymore. The Three-Eyed Raven may have gained control of his consciousness since the events in season 6. The show has made numerous allusions to Bran having changed, and become someone else. It would be a pretty grey ending if all along this thousand-year-old Targaryen and former member of the Night's Watch manipulated the events of the entire series to gain a new body and take over Westeros, killing those who threatened his path there. Jon Snow lived because he did not want to be King.

Avatar image for deactivated-6068afec1b77d
deactivated-6068afec1b77d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#200 deactivated-6068afec1b77d
Member since 2017 • 2539 Posts

@mandzilla said:

@watercrack445: It was like watching a train wreck, you can't look away.

Good thing I haven't watched the show. I just read spoilers and wiki's about the show with some few clips here and there...