Game of Thrones Season 3 Discussion: Valar Morghulis

• 90 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ShadowsDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 0

#1 ShadowsDemon
Member since 2012 • 10059 Posts

So, it's been three weeks since the first episode of Game of Thrones, Season 3 was released. I've read all the books, so I know what we'll be getting; but my jaw drops every few minutes at watching Season 3. No TV show has ever done that for me, and I already know what's going to happen, (most of the time anyway). No other TV show even comes close to GoT for me. No wonder it has such a massive fanbase...or that just might be the books as well.

Anywho, what do you think of the changes so far (for those who have read all of ASoS), namely:

[spoiler] Theon Greyjoy getting released by Ramsay, who then kills his own men for his little game.

Gendry going along with Arya instead of staying with Hot Pie.

The exclusion of Strong Belwas and making Selmy meet up with Dany a hell lot sooner.....

...and of course the lack of Ser Jorah making a move on Dany before they get to Slaver's Bay [/spoiler]

For those of you who haven't read the books, what do you think of the latest season? Personally I think that it's better than anything in Season 1 or 2 thus far, and I can rewatch them countless times.

Thoughts?

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19562 Posts
Only seen the first two episodes of the season so far (and I haven't read the books), but...it's slow. Not quite tedious yet, since Tyrion's/Bronn's/Jaime's charisma keeps things fun, but if it keeps this pace up, I'll lose interest in it very quickly. It feels like they have spent two episodes simply telling us where the characters are after the end of season two, with the only 'major' event (the battle with the undead) happening entirely off-screen. Well, that and each of the characters have now met and chatted to someone new and important, but...I can see those going nowhere fast. I still like the show, but I get the feeling that (at least judging from the way the TV series is written) George Martin had created a lot of interesting characters, but has no idea what to do with any of them. Also, considering how not a whole lot happened in season two (besides the excellent Blackwater episode), I'm a little wary about season three being only half of a book.
ShadowsDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 ShadowsDemon
[QUOTE="Planeforger"]Only seen the first two episodes of the season so far (and I haven't read the books), but...it's slow. Not quite tedious yet, since Tyrion's/Bronn's/Jaime's charisma keeps things fun, but if it keeps this pace up, I'll lose interest in it very quickly. It feels like they have spent two episodes simply telling us where the characters are after the end of season two, with the only 'major' event (the battle with the undead) happening entirely off-screen. Well, that and each of the characters have now met and chatted to someone new and important, but...I can see those going nowhere fast. I still like the show, but I get the feeling that (at least judging from the way the TV series is written) George Martin had created a lot of interesting characters, but has no idea what to do with any of them. Also, considering how not a whole lot happened in season two (besides the excellent Blackwater episode), I'm a little wary about season three being only half of a book.

Oh don't you worry, a lot more happens in episode 3. Personally I'm worried as well, but considering how much extra, unneeded fluff is in the books (which I enjoy most of the time), and doesn't need to be there, I'd say they're doing a damn good job so far.
johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11125 Posts

Quick question. I' ve watched the first season of the TV show and just recently got the first book. Should I wait to finish the book first before continuing with the show or I should do both? What do GoT experts recommend?

Miroku32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#5 Miroku32
Member since 2006 • 8666 Posts

Quick question. I' ve watched the first season of the TV show and just recently got the first book. Should I wait to finish the book first before continuing with the show or I should do both? What do GoT experts recommend?

johnd13
In the second season the show has taken too much liberty making things a little different from the books. Personally I would read the books first and then go to the show.
Avatar image for WolfattheDoor34
WolfattheDoor34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 WolfattheDoor34
Member since 2006 • 3278 Posts
Any show that inspires you to pick up a book has to be good lol. Motokid6
haha BOOKS
ShadowsDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ShadowsDemon
[QUOTE="Motokid6"]Any show that inspires you to pick up a book has to be good lol. WolfattheDoor34
haha BOOKS

Clearly you have no idea just how good the books are...
ShadowsDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 ShadowsDemon
[QUOTE="johnd13"]

Miroku32
In the second season the show has taken too much liberty making things a little different from the books. Personally I would read the books first and then go to the show.

Probably this, but since the third season is out I'd say go with the show for now.
johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11125 Posts

[QUOTE="Miroku32"][QUOTE="johnd13"]

ShadowsDemon

Probably this, but since the third season is out I'd say go with the show for now.

Yeah I always like to read the books first before watching the TV adaptations. But in this case I can' t wait until I' ve read them to continue with the show. So I' ll just do both and eventually my reading will catch up with the show.

wolverine4262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 wolverine4262
Member since 2004 • 20832 Posts

I have actually just caught up with the show, and have not yet read the books, but I plan to read them over the summer. I love the show though. One question, are we supposed to hate Theon?layton2012
You dont have to hate anyone in the show... Thats what is great about it.

About the season so far, the first 2 episodes were a little slow. I also thought some of the writing in the second episode was bad, but this one is fantastic. DB and Dan did a great job with their first directing job. I thought the introduction of the Blackfish, and Edmure was great. Some of the scenes were much closer to the books, which I liked. Im also really liking what they are doing with Theon.

"The Bear and the Maiden Fair" is really a great song, but it sounded a little bit modern and out of place. The lyrics are all from the book directly though

sammyjenkis898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 sammyjenkis898
Member since 2007 • 28392 Posts
I liked it a lot. The comedic moment took me off guard, but it was welcome. The sudden cut to black with the song killed the ending.
CommanderShiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 CommanderShiro
Member since 2005 • 21746 Posts

Really enjoyed the episode. 

Shottayouth13-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Shottayouth13-
Member since 2009 • 7018 Posts
Favourite episode so far of the season, although the ending music was a bit ... iffy. [spoiler] Ramsay Bolton is one sick, twisted individual. [/spoiler]
kingdre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17 kingdre
Member since 2005 • 9456 Posts

It's been so long since I last read the books I'm not even sure about some of the parts they changed anymore.

layton2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 layton2012
Member since 2011 • 3489 Posts
I have actually just caught up with the show, and have not yet read the books, but I plan to read them over the summer. I love the show though. One question, are we supposed to hate Theon?
Avatar image for WolfattheDoor34
WolfattheDoor34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 WolfattheDoor34
Member since 2006 • 3278 Posts
[QUOTE="WolfattheDoor34"][QUOTE="Motokid6"]Any show that inspires you to pick up a book has to be good lol. ShadowsDemon
haha BOOKS

Clearly you have no idea just how good the books are...

I was mocking that guy for the notion that it takes a lot to make him pick up a book sweet ellipsis though, you and LJS should form a team
ShadowsDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ShadowsDemon

[QUOTE="layton2012"]I have actually just caught up with the show, and have not yet read the books, but I plan to read them over the summer. I love the show though. One question, are we supposed to hate Theon?wolverine4262

You dont have to hate anyone in the show... Thats what is great about it.

About the season so far, the first 2 episodes were a little slow. I also thought some of the writing in the second episode was bad, but this one is fantastic. DB and Dan did a great job with their first directing job. I thought the introduction of the Blackfish, and Edmure was great. Some of the scenes were much closer to the books, which I liked. Im also really liking what they are doing with Theon.

"The Bear and the Maiden Fair" is really a great song, but it sounded a little bit modern and out of place. The lyrics are all from the book directly though

I'd have to agree on that. I honestly thought that it was an error at first and that the song was playing from my computer somehow, but then I listened to the lyrics and I realised otherwise :P And yeah, what they're doing with Theon is great...but I know what's going to happen so it's kinda disappointing :P
wolverine4262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 wolverine4262
[QUOTE="ShadowsDemon"] I'd have to agree on that. I honestly thought that it was an error at first and that the song was playing from my computer somehow, but then I listened to the lyrics and I realised otherwise :P And yeah, what they're doing with Theon is great...but I know what's going to happen so it's kinda disappointing :P

Atleast they are doing Theons story a little different, so we are still on our toes. I think the song may be performed by The Hold Steady in a later episode so I wonder how it will sound then.
ShadowsDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 ShadowsDemon
[QUOTE="wolverine4262"][QUOTE="ShadowsDemon"] I'd have to agree on that. I honestly thought that it was an error at first and that the song was playing from my computer somehow, but then I listened to the lyrics and I realised otherwise :P And yeah, what they're doing with Theon is great...but I know what's going to happen so it's kinda disappointing :P

Atleast they are doing Theons story a little different, so we are still on our toes. I think the song may be performed by The Hold Steady in a later episode so I wonder how it will sound then.

True, but I still know that... [spoiler] Ramsay is playing a game and will recapture him and cut off his fingers, toes and maybe even his d*ck [/spoiler] And with the song, knowing that DB and David directed the episode I was surprised at the sudden change...kinda unprofessional.
wolverine4262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 wolverine4262
[QUOTE="ShadowsDemon"] True, but I still know that... [spoiler] Ramsay is playing a game and will recapture him and cut off his fingers, toes and maybe even his d*ck [/spoiler] And with the song, knowing that DB and David directed the episode I was surprised at the sudden change...kinda unprofessional.

Yeah, it was definitely out of place. This is the first thing they have directed, so knowing that, I think the episode was overall quite spectacular.
ShadowsDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 ShadowsDemon
[QUOTE="wolverine4262"][QUOTE="ShadowsDemon"] True, but I still know that... [spoiler] Ramsay is playing a game and will recapture him and cut off his fingers, toes and maybe even his d*ck [/spoiler] And with the song, knowing that DB and David directed the episode I was surprised at the sudden change...kinda unprofessional.

Yeah, it was definitely out of place. This is the first thing they have directed, so knowing that, I think the episode was overall quite spectacular.

Oh, indeed. The best one yet, maybe even in the whole series. I love where its heading. The one thing that worries me is that there are so many characters which are all split up, so they need to share the screen. We haven't seen Davos since the first episode..and Jon Snow's story is speeding along way to fast.
Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#26 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

Needs more Belwas

wolverine4262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 wolverine4262
[QUOTE="ShadowsDemon"] Oh, indeed. The best one yet, maybe even in the whole series. I love where its heading. The one thing that worries me is that there are so many characters which are all split up, so they need to share the screen. We haven't seen Davos since the first episode..and Jon Snow's story is speeding along way to fast.

This is exactly why I hate every time they have a Maergery scene. She is a MINOR character. They should have just cast a nobody in that role.
ShadowsDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 ShadowsDemon
[QUOTE="wolverine4262"][QUOTE="ShadowsDemon"] Oh, indeed. The best one yet, maybe even in the whole series. I love where its heading. The one thing that worries me is that there are so many characters which are all split up, so they need to share the screen. We haven't seen Davos since the first episode..and Jon Snow's story is speeding along way to fast.

This is exactly why I hate every time they have a Maergery scene. She is a MINOR character. They should have just cast a nobody in that role.

I actually enjoy her scenes, but yes, she is a minor character who doesn't even have a PoV. Then again, neither does Robb Stark :P Even my mum (who resents me and my dad watching GoT) recognized her from other series such as the Tudors.
wolverine4262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 wolverine4262

Needs more Belwas

sonicare
Liver and onions! Maybe next season. Someone has to face the Champion of Mereen, although I dont know how far they will get this season anyway. [QUOTE="ShadowsDemon"] I actually enjoy her scenes, but yes, she is a minor character who doesn't even have a PoV. Then again, neither does Robb Stark :P Even my mum (who resents me and my dad watching GoT) recognized her from other series such as the Tudors.

Its not that they were bad, but Im not sure they will add too much to the story. I much prefer the scenes between Cersei and Joffrey, and frankly the acting is better between them two. Robbs scenes were also kinda annoying in season 2. But so far they have been well done this season I think. They are setting up Karstark nicely.
ShadowsDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 ShadowsDemon
[QUOTE="sonicare"]

Needs more Belwas

wolverine4262
Liver and onions! Maybe next season. Someone has to face the Champion of Mereen, although I dont know how far they will get this season anyway. [QUOTE="ShadowsDemon"] I actually enjoy her scenes, but yes, she is a minor character who doesn't even have a PoV. Then again, neither does Robb Stark :P Even my mum (who resents me and my dad watching GoT) recognized her from other series such as the Tudors.

Its not that they were bad, but Im not sure they will add too much to the story. I much prefer the scenes between Cersei and Joffrey, and frankly the acting is better between them two. Robbs scenes were also kinda annoying in season 2. But so far they have been well done this season I think. They are setting up Karstark nicely.

Well, you can see how Miss Tyrell is slowly winding Joffrey around her finger and winning him over. She seems to be one of the more intelligent people in King's Landing. She can actually screw Joffrey over without him knowing it. I can't wait to see that little c*nt get it :P
wolverine4262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 wolverine4262

Well, you can see how Miss Tyrell is slowly winding Joffrey around her finger and winning him over. She seems to be one of the more intelligent people in King's Landing. She can actually screw Joffrey over without him knowing it. I can't wait to see that little c*nt get it :PShadowsDemon
I think the most interesting part of the scenes with Maergery was when she asked Joffrey [spoiler] would you like to watch me kill somethng? [/spoiler] .

I tought there was some foreshadowing there[spoiler] especially when you see the big pitcher and glass of wine in the same shot [/spoiler] .

[spoiler] Making Maergery more implicitly involved in the murder is interesting, and its obviosuly the easiest way to show the event, as in the book it is incredibly vague on the first readthrough. [/spoiler]

ShadowsDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 ShadowsDemon

[QUOTE="ShadowsDemon"] Well, you can see how Miss Tyrell is slowly winding Joffrey around her finger and winning him over. She seems to be one of the more intelligent people in King's Landing. She can actually screw Joffrey over without him knowing it. I can't wait to see that little c*nt get it :Pwolverine4262

I think the most interesting part of the scenes with Maergery was when she asked Joffrey [spoiler] would you like to watch me kill somethng? [/spoiler] .

I tought there was some foreshadowing there[spoiler] especially when you see the big pitcher and glass of wine in the same shot [/spoiler] .

[spoiler] Making Maergery more implicitly involved in the murder is interesting, and its obviosuly the easiest way to show the event, as in the book it is incredibly vague on the first readthrough. [/spoiler]

Wait..... [spoiler] Maergery was involved in the murder of Joffrey? I was never aware of that. Still, I did think the whole scene was strange and automatically assumed it was foreshadowing of some kind. GoT has a ton of foreshadowing [/spoiler]
Travo_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Travo_basic
Member since 2003 • 38751 Posts

Needs more Belwas

sonicare
Agreed. I'm gonna miss that guy.
wolverine4262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 wolverine4262
[QUOTE="ShadowsDemon"] Wait..... [spoiler] Maergery was involved in the murder of Joffrey? I was never aware of that. Still, I did think the whole scene was strange and automatically assumed it was foreshadowing of some kind. GoT has a ton of foreshadowing [/spoiler]

[spoiler] Well she had to have known what was going on. She wasnt afraid to marry Joffrey. I dont think anything describes her doing something specific in the book. Olenna takes the stone from Sansa, which is put on her head by Littlefinger. Btw, do you think we will see that wedding this season? I know RW is episode 9 [/spoiler]
ShadowsDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 ShadowsDemon
[QUOTE="wolverine4262"][QUOTE="ShadowsDemon"] Wait..... [spoiler] Maergery was involved in the murder of Joffrey? I was never aware of that. Still, I did think the whole scene was strange and automatically assumed it was foreshadowing of some kind. GoT has a ton of foreshadowing [/spoiler]

[spoiler] Well she had to have known what was going on. She wasnt afraid to marry Joffrey. I dont think anything describes her doing something specific in the book. Olenna takes the stone from Sansa, which is put on her head by Littlefinger. Btw, do you think we will see that wedding this season? I know RW is episode 9 [/spoiler]

[spoiler] What stone? Now I'm confused :P Also, I hope so; I truly do. They'll need to end this season on a cliffhanger, so I hope so, but I doubt it [/spoiler]
wolverine4262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 wolverine4262
[QUOTE="ShadowsDemon"] [spoiler] What stone? Now I'm confused :P Also, I hope so; I truly do. They'll need to end this season on a cliffhanger, so I hope so, but I doubt it [/spoiler]

[spoiler] there are stones in Sansa's hairnet. One is taken by Olenna during the wedding, ground up, and placed in Joffreys wine. This is poison. Littlefinger is the one that gives the hairnet to Sansa. It would make sense for Maergery to put it in the cup [/spoiler] I only know this because I just reread the book. Completely missed it on the first read.
ShadowsDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 ShadowsDemon
[QUOTE="wolverine4262"][QUOTE="ShadowsDemon"] [spoiler] What stone? Now I'm confused :P Also, I hope so; I truly do. They'll need to end this season on a cliffhanger, so I hope so, but I doubt it [/spoiler]

[spoiler] there are stones in Sansa's hairnet. One is taken by Olenna during the wedding, ground up, and placed in Joffreys wine. This is poison. Littlefinger is the one that gives the hairnet to Sansa. It would make sense for Maergery to put it in the cup [/spoiler] I only know this because I just reread the book. Completely missed it on the first read.

Ah. I'm going to have to re-check that. But honestly I'm more than happy with that.
wolverine4262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 wolverine4262
[QUOTE="ShadowsDemon"] Ah. I'm going to have to re-check that. But honestly I'm more than happy with that.

GRRM does an amazing job of hiding it in the text, but its all there.
ShadowsDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 ShadowsDemon
[QUOTE="wolverine4262"][QUOTE="ShadowsDemon"] Ah. I'm going to have to re-check that. But honestly I'm more than happy with that.

GRRM does an amazing job of hiding it in the text, but its all there.

Oh, of course he does. I'll make sure to pay attention to that. Also, are you looking forward to.. [spoiler] Jon and Ygritte? :P [/spoiler]
wolverine4262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 wolverine4262
[QUOTE="ShadowsDemon"] Oh, of course he does. I'll make sure to pay attention to that. Also, are you looking forward to.. [spoiler] Jon and Ygritte? :P [/spoiler]

for sure, episode 5 is called kissed by fire so... although im not looking forward to the crippling depression that follows.
ShadowsDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 ShadowsDemon
[QUOTE="wolverine4262"][QUOTE="ShadowsDemon"] Oh, of course he does. I'll make sure to pay attention to that. Also, are you looking forward to.. [spoiler] Jon and Ygritte? :P [/spoiler]

for sure, episode 5 is called kissed by fire so... although im not looking forward to the crippling depression that follows.

Neither am I. Out of all the deaths that Martin had, I thought that this was the most....unfair. Really, really unfair.
wolverine4262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 wolverine4262
[QUOTE="ShadowsDemon"] Neither am I. Out of all the deaths that Martin had, I thought that this was the most....unfair. Really, really unfair.

Jon will be okay.... Well, maybe... i dont trust Mel
Avatar image for harry_james_pot
harry_james_pot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#43 harry_james_pot  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 11414 Posts
[spoiler] Theon Greyjoy getting released by Ramsay, who then kills his own men for his little game.

The exclusion of Strong Belwas and making Selmy meet up with Dany a hell lot sooner.....

...and of course the lack of Ser Jorah making a move on Dany before they get to Slaver's Bay [/spoiler] ShadowsDemon

[spoiler] - I love what they're doing with Theon. Since we didn't get the whole Reek thing in season 2, It's interesting to see this play in another way. :D - In the trailers we see Mel in the Brotherhood cave, so here is what's probably going to happen. We don't have Edrick Storm in the show, so Mel is going to bring Gendry over to Dragonstone for the whole kings blood stuff. And he escapes in the end anyway.. So if Martin has plans for him in TWOW, they can still have him go back to the Riverlands or where ever to continue the story. - That Arstan Whitebeard thing wouldn't have worked on TV, so i don't mind this change at all. [/spoiler]

ShadowsDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 ShadowsDemon
[QUOTE="ShadowsDemon"][spoiler] Theon Greyjoy getting released by Ramsay, who then kills his own men for his little game.

...and of course the lack of Ser Jorah making a move on Dany before they get to Slaver's Bay [/spoiler] harry_james_pot

[spoiler] - I love what they're doing with Theon. Since we didn't get the whole Reek thing in season 2, It's interesting to see this play in another way. :D - In the trailers we see Mel in the Brotherhood cave, so here is what's probably going to happen. We don't have Edrick Storm in the show, so Mel is going to bring Gendry over to Dragonstone for the whole kings blood stuff. And he escapes in the end anyway.. So if Martin has plans for him in TWOW, they can still have him go back to the Riverlands or where ever to continue the story. - That Arstan Whitebeard thing wouldn't have worked on TV, so i don't mind this change at all. [/spoiler]

[spoiler] The last I read of Gendry was in FFC where he saved Brienne's life...I'm sure he's okay :P [/spoiler]
wolverine4262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 wolverine4262

[spoiler] - I love what they're doing with Theon. Since we didn't get the whole Reek thing in season 2, It's interesting to see this play in another way. :D - In the trailers we see Mel in the Brotherhood cave, so here is what's probably going to happen. We don't have Edrick Storm in the show, so Mel is going to bring Gendry over to Dragonstone for the whole kings blood stuff. And he escapes in the end anyway.. So if Martin has plans for him in TWOW, they can still have him go back to the Riverlands or where ever to continue the story. - That Arstan Whitebeard thing wouldn't have worked on TV, so i don't mind this change at all. [/spoiler] harry_james_pot
I thought they did cast edric storm

harry_james_pot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 harry_james_pot  Moderator
[QUOTE="harry_james_pot"][QUOTE="ShadowsDemon"][spoiler] Theon Greyjoy getting released by Ramsay, who then kills his own men for his little game.

...and of course the lack of Ser Jorah making a move on Dany before they get to Slaver's Bay [/spoiler] ShadowsDemon

[spoiler] The last I read of Gendry was in FFC where he saved Brienne's life...I'm sure he's okay :P [/spoiler]

[spoiler] Oh, i forgot he was in FFC... Well, he'll escape from Dragonstone, then go back to that Inn and wait for Brienne! :P [/spoiler]
harry_james_pot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 harry_james_pot  Moderator

[QUOTE="harry_james_pot"] [spoiler] - I love what they're doing with Theon. Since we didn't get the whole Reek thing in season 2, It's interesting to see this play in another way. :D - In the trailers we see Mel in the Brotherhood cave, so here is what's probably going to happen. We don't have Edrick Storm in the show, so Mel is going to bring Gendry over to Dragonstone for the whole kings blood stuff. And he escapes in the end anyway.. So if Martin has plans for him in TWOW, they can still have him go back to the Riverlands or where ever to continue the story. - That Arstan Whitebeard thing wouldn't have worked on TV, so i don't mind this change at all. [/spoiler] wolverine4262

I thought they did cast edric storm

Nope, they did not.
Commander-Gree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Commander-Gree
Member since 2009 • 4929 Posts
Unfortunately I don't have HBO and can't currently get it, so I haven't watched any of season 3, but I just finished season 2 the other day and thought it was amazing. "Blackwater" was one of the best episodes I've seen of any TV show. I haven't minded any of the changes at all really and I think some may even be for the better. I think GoT may be one of the rare times where the adaption is as good as the source material.
ShadowsDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 ShadowsDemon
Unfortunately I don't have HBO and can't currently get it, so I haven't watched any of season 3, but I just finished season 2 the other day and thought it was amazing. "Blackwater" was one of the best episodes I've seen of any TV show. I haven't minded any of the changes at all really and I think some may even be for the better. I think GoT may be one of the rare times where the adaption is as good as the source material. Commander-Gree
There are others ways to get it :P
Commander-Gree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Commander-Gree
Member since 2009 • 4929 Posts
[QUOTE="Commander-Gree"]Unfortunately I don't have HBO and can't currently get it, so I haven't watched any of season 3, but I just finished season 2 the other day and thought it was amazing. "Blackwater" was one of the best episodes I've seen of any TV show. I haven't minded any of the changes at all really and I think some may even be for the better. I think GoT may be one of the rare times where the adaption is as good as the source material. ShadowsDemon
There are others ways to get it :P

Yeah, I know, but I'm paranoid and not very savvy at all of that anyways. :P At least I've read the books, so its not like I'm being held in suspense for a year or anything.