GhostRecon2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 GhostRecon2020
Member since 2020 • 73 Posts

I wanted to share you with you today a way that I use to progress with my goals. You can comment on it or/and share your own success secrets.

First, I want to say that it isnt a group of success tips, but a way of evolving successfully. I will use my career as an implemented example to my way of successful evolution towards my goal of being a successful developer. I have several components that describe a way of evolving: philosophy, strategy, model, plans and methodology.

The first component is philosophy. Philosophically, I am a vegan, nihilist, modern satanist and minimalist. The core of tenet of my philosophy, is that we are alone in this world, there is no one who cares about us apart of ourselves. There is no god, human race is unimportant to this planet as this planet to the galaxy, and as the galaxy to the universe/s. Your parents wouldnt bring you to this hostile and void place, if they really loved you. You are here to promote your goals, cause and essence. Selfishness is a virtue not a bad trait.

The second component is strategy. My strategy is to compete with other programmers for a desired job and finding a way to overcome my bad characters that hold my progress back. I do analysis of my strengths and weaknesses, I do the same for my competitors. I pay attention to the value that I can deliver to the potential company I will be working at. I also analyse how to hold a position (From the book of 'Peaks and valleys' by Spencer Johnson, I learnt that it isnt enough to climb a mountain, it is also important to stay on the peak.

The third component is model. My aim is to create a working model. A working model should be like a financial trading model. You consider all the factors, invest in following a few principles and let time be the only factor that is needed for success. In other words, your model should be realised for being successful some time in the future.

Plans (fourth component) are different from models. You can have several plans that make you deviate from the model when some random unexpected event happens, such as an event of urgency. Plans could also make a model be replaced, if that model was identified as not being good enough. I have several plans that are based on different scenarios. Plans can spawn new alternative or modified models.

Methodology is the last component. A methodology guarantees that all other components work at their based. Methodology could involve making revisions to the model as things change, gathering knowledge (such as psychology reading to improve the philosophy component or improve technical knowledge to create a better plan to achieve a goal). The methodology is a constant factor which include many creative ways of improving the components.

It took me time to come up with such way of thinking as anything else didnt work well in the past and resulted in mistakes. So far, that way of thinking hasnt let me down.

What do you think of my formula of achieving goals? do you have your own way to achieve success?

Sevenizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2 Sevenizz
Member since 2010 • 6462 Posts

Waited for the BelAir ending. Didn’t happen. I am sad.

GhostRecon2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#4 GhostRecon2020
Member since 2020 • 73 Posts

@playmynutz: Thank you for believing in me.

Do you find my method effective too?