Forced to hang out with my girlfriends ex-boyfriend

This topic is locked from further discussion.

LetsPlayBrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 LetsPlayBrick
Member since 2007 • 150 Posts

I'll try to make it short.

My girlfriends mother died around 5 years ago. Her dad dated someone at work with a son. My girlfriend and the son started dating. I come in and start dating girlfriend. I'm uncomfortable around the ex-boyfriend after knowing what they did in the past. Since his mom is getting married to her dad there have been constant conflicts over the past 2 years with her dad mainly hating me for causing too much family drama. As in if he shows up I leave, can't go out to dinner with them at the same time, etc. My girlfriend is getting most of the problems because they are all mad at her for my behavior.

Is there any way around this little predicament? I've already thought of swallowing my pride and just giving in, but I hate this kid, and I've been holding out for over 2 years, but with the marriage coming up, things are bound to get worse.

Any ideas?

TLDR?

SGT4EVA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 SGT4EVA
Member since 2007 • 1773 Posts
wow, crazyiest thing ive heard in a while, i dont even know how i got to this thread to be honest with you. but seriously thats some messed stuff, i mean if u rly like this girl theres not many choices, but thats rly weird and i cant give much advice
wallymartin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 wallymartin
Member since 2004 • 12165 Posts
Wait, what did you do? I don't see why her dad would dislike you. Did she cheat on him? You didn't make that clear.
romocop33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 romocop33
Member since 2005 • 2755 Posts
i'm not exactly sure, but i believe it's pronounced, "menage a tois"
Avatar image for katamari_roller
katamari_roller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 katamari_roller
Member since 2007 • 33 Posts
O.O Wow, I thought these stories only existed on TV soaps nobody cares about... You have a pretty complex predicament here...I mean, damn. Can you do anything to get on your dad-in-law's good side? You know, have him not loathe you?
yasser34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 yasser34
Member since 2006 • 450 Posts
That's kinda weird. Her dad is going to marry her boyfriend's mother?
LetsPlayBrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 LetsPlayBrick
Yeah, her DAD is going to marry her EX-BOYFRIENDS MOM.
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178883 Posts
If you want her to be your gf then you need to put the past in the past. What's the big deal anyway? Everyone has a past...you have to trust your gf.:|
Premier1101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Premier1101
Member since 2008 • 13515 Posts
Quit causing trouble.... :roll:
Pearl_of_Egypt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Pearl_of_Egypt
Member since 2007 • 4073 Posts
stop being a baby about it. she's with you now and that's what matters, who cares if she dated the other guy before? learn to be more mature about the situation and stop causing problems for her and her family.
aliens1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#11 aliens1234
Member since 2004 • 2932 Posts
Interesting situation, either way it's natural for you not to like the guy. But it looks like you're going to have to deal with it, that is if you are serious about the relationship.
Merkaba-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Merkaba-
Member since 2008 • 367 Posts

I'll try to make it short.

My girlfriends mother died around 5 years ago. Her dad dated someone at work with a son. My girlfriend and the son started dating. I come in and start dating girlfriend. I'm uncomfortable around the ex-boyfriend after knowing what they did in the past. Since his mom is getting married to her dad there have been constant conflicts over the past 2 years with her dad mainly hating me for causing too much family drama. As in if he shows up I leave, can't go out to dinner with them at the same time, etc. My girlfriend is getting most of the problems because they are all mad at her for my behavior.

Is there any way around this little predicament? I've already thought of swallowing my pride and just giving in, but I hate this kid, and I've been holding out for over 2 years, but with the marriage coming up, things are bound to get worse.

Any ideas?

TLDR?

LetsPlayBrick

What did he do to you?

LetsPlayBrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 LetsPlayBrick
Yeah its one thing to stop causing drama, but when I have to go out to eat with this kid, he's hanging around her house when they have dinner, its like I'm forced to be his buddy. Even if they didn't know each other I still wouldn't like this guy. I'm guessing in the end I'll end up doing your suggestions of dealing with it :evil:.
xSIZEMATTER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14 xSIZEMATTER
Member since 2008 • 7045 Posts

Fight him!

but for real, he might still like ur girlfriend. So keep a eye out on him. Just tell him right to his face that you don't like him and stay the f away

Merkaba-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Merkaba-
Member since 2008 • 367 Posts

Yeah its one thing to stop causing drama, but when I have to go out to eat with this kid, he's hanging around her house when they have dinner, its like I'm forced to be his buddy. Even if they didn't know each other I still wouldn't like this guy. I'm guessing in the end I'll end up doing your suggestions of dealing with it :evil:. LetsPlayBrick

Nobody likes every member of their significant other's family...part of growing up is learning how to be fake :P

Pearl_of_Egypt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Pearl_of_Egypt
Member since 2007 • 4073 Posts

Yeah its one thing to stop causing drama, but when I have to go out to eat with this kid, he's hanging around her house when they have dinner, its like I'm forced to be his buddy. Even if they didn't know each other I still wouldn't like this guy. I'm guessing in the end I'll end up doing your suggestions of dealing with it :evil:. LetsPlayBrick

why does he bother you so much? why wouldn't you like him even if she didn't date him? do you not trust your girlfriend? do you hate every single guy she talks to? and the situation is out of her hands really, so just relax about it, you don't have to be his buddy. you just have to accept that he's going to be around whether you like it or not. doesn't mean you have to be friendly with him, but don't be mean to him either.

Montaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Montaya
Member since 2005 • 4269 Posts
OK WTF. Your gfs dad marries a women whose son was your gfs bf. And now that the women and the dad are married, then that makes the ex bf the step brother of the gir who he once dated. Am i right? So in this case, the only one whose going to cause drama is the son who had a relationship with his now step sister... Sounds like Nip-Tuck. My head hurts.. :x But yeah, just learn to be friends with the guy, dont be a stick in the mud. There should be a sort of comraderie with you and the brother since you guys have similiar taste in women and now that hes your gf's bro.