For those who watch the NFL can you explain this?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Merc009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Merc009
Member since 2007 • 2620 Posts

So they cancelled SNF Eagles vs Vikings on NBC because of "snow" and the "safety of the fans", I've heard around a hundred times " games has been played in worst weather conditions, this has just been postponed for the safety of the fans". If games have been played in worse weather, how come they didn't care for the safety of the fans on those "worst" weather games?

Are they gonna postpone every game that's not clear skies and above 10mph wind? they played at -16 degrees before, how come they didn't care for the "safety" of the fans then when they could have died of hypothermia? or was it just because they wanted Favre to boost their ratings or whatever? what is this WWE?

Maniacc1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#2 Maniacc1
Member since 2006 • 5354 Posts
I couldn't agree more. Goodell is making this a sissy league. Let them play.
TaCoDuDe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 TaCoDuDe
Member since 2006 • 3239 Posts

It's not really a big deal.

quiglythegreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 quiglythegreat
Member since 2006 • 16886 Posts
there'd be massive problems trying to have a game at the Linc tonight. clearly you do not live in the Philadelphia area
ScreamDream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ScreamDream
Member since 2006 • 3953 Posts

I think it has something to do with that temporary stadium Minnesota is playing it. They don't have equipment or facilities to handle one of the most frigid areas of the USA.

pero2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 pero2008
Member since 2005 • 2969 Posts

Too many problems to get to the stadium. Yeah, games were played in worse weather but this storm is supposed to bring 20 inches of snow. On the news it said that there have been 100+ car accidents there. Or you can be a conspiracy theorist and say the Eagles and mayor of Philly ssaid conditions were bad and cancel the game because Vick would play bad in that kind of weather.

Dark__Link

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Dark__Link
Member since 2003 • 32653 Posts

I think it has something to do with that temporary stadium Minnesota is playing it. They don't have equipment or facilities to handle one of the most frigid areas of the USA.

ScreamDream
The game's in Philly.
ScreamDream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ScreamDream
Member since 2006 • 3953 Posts

[QUOTE="ScreamDream"]

Dark__Link

The game's in Philly.

OK, I just guessed it's in MN since they were playing.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b31d3729c1fa
deactivated-5b31d3729c1fa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#9 deactivated-5b31d3729c1fa
Member since 2007 • 11536 Posts

there'd be massive problems trying to have a game at the Linc tonight. clearly you do not live in the Philadelphia areaquiglythegreat

this, let's just say it can take hours to get cars in and out without snow there :P

darkfox101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 darkfox101
Member since 2004 • 7055 Posts
I guess its just the local area, oh well more football through out the week for me anyway. I think sunday just piles on too many games for me
ferrari2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#11 ferrari2001
Member since 2008 • 17772 Posts
Well 20 inches of snow, blowing winds and white out conditions makes playing nearly impossible for the players. Why not wait and play when the weather is better so they can actually have a game instead of a trudge in the snow.
Flame_Blade88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#12 Flame_Blade88
Member since 2005 • 39348 Posts
I was watching ESPN and the main problem they're blaming the postponement on is because of the 100+ car accidents around the area and the NFL postponed the game due to the fans' safety as their top priority.
ttobba07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ttobba07
Member since 2005 • 2396 Posts
I think it has more to do with the white out conditions. If the cameras, refs, and fans can't actually see the game being played, there might be a problem.
xhellcatx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 xhellcatx
Member since 2006 • 9015 Posts
... pretty boring if you cant watch the game considering its white out conditions. Plus, yanno... LOTS of traffic in crappy road conditions when they are trying to PLOW the roads... just a smart move if you ask me to move the game to Tuesday. That way the roads will be safe for fans who paid good money to go see a live game... and be able to actually SEE it. Smart move I think. And yes, i wanted to watch the game tonight too. But ya cant always get what you want.
ChiSoxBombers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ChiSoxBombers
Member since 2006 • 3700 Posts

Unless they were lying about the 100+ car accidents in Philly that day, I don't see why this was a bad call.

Meat_Wad_Fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Meat_Wad_Fan
Member since 2002 • 9054 Posts

Only authorized vehicles were allowed on the road in the area, such as police, paramedics, fire fighters, etc.

Avatar image for UnknownSniper65
UnknownSniper65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 UnknownSniper65
Member since 2004 • 9238 Posts

I still think a game in white-out conditions would be pretty epic. I understand why they postponed the game though.

xhellcatx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 xhellcatx

I still think a game in white-out conditions would be pretty epic. I understand why they postponed the game though.

UnknownSniper65
To actually be a player in said game would be fun, Ive played games like football in white outs. SO hard to run lol but fun.
Lockedge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Lockedge
Member since 2002 • 16765 Posts

So they cancelled SNF Eagles vs Vikings on NBC because of "snow" and the "safety of the fans", I've heard around a hundred times " games has been played in worst weather conditions, this has just been postponed for the safety of the fans". If games have been played in worse weather, how come they didn't care for the safety of the fans on those "worst" weather games?

Are they gonna postpone every game that's not clear skies and above 10mph wind? they played at -16 degrees before, how come they didn't care for the "safety" of the fans then when they could have died of hypothermia? or was it just because they wanted Favre to boost their ratings or whatever? what is this WWE?

Merc009
Conspiracy to help Vick win MVP with better weather conditions, maybe? :P I kid, I kid, but it's honestly very stupid. Buffalo, Minnesota, and others play in much worse weather year by year. The game should not have been cancelled. This isn't arizona, this is a northern state
Lockedge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Lockedge
Member since 2002 • 16765 Posts
I was watching ESPN and the main problem they're blaming the postponement on is because of the 100+ car accidents around the area and the NFL postponed the game due to the fans' safety as their top priority. Flame_Blade88
What city is this? Philadelphia? Since when are they unable to drive in winter conditions?
xhellcatx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 xhellcatx
[QUOTE="Merc009"]

Lockedge
Conspiracy to help Vick win MVP with better weather conditions, maybe? :P I kid, I kid, but it's honestly very stupid. Buffalo, Minnesota, and others play in much worse weather year by year. The game should not have been cancelled. This isn't arizona, this is a northern state

i know worse weather has been played in but you must consider the traffic in philly. The city wants the plows to be able to keep up with the rate of snow, so roads can be clear for emergency workers, just in case of fires, or people having heart attacks cause they are shoveling or whatever. Plus, its REALLY stupid to risk your life to go to a football game. Really.
-Big_Red-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 -Big_Red-
Member since 2006 • 7230 Posts

Merc009

Goodell, Goodell, Goodell, he's a giant mangina, and he shouldnt be in control of The NFL. Where's Jack Lambert when you need him?

I wish he was running the NFL.

Jack

-Big_Red-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 -Big_Red-

[QUOTE="UnknownSniper65"]

xhellcatx

To actually be a player in said game would be fun, Ive played games like football in white outs. SO hard to run lol but fun.

Are you by any chance in the Lingerie Football League:o:P?

Hah

bigdcstile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 bigdcstile
Member since 2004 • 2236 Posts
[QUOTE="Flame_Blade88"]I was watching ESPN and the main problem they're blaming the postponement on is because of the 100+ car accidents around the area and the NFL postponed the game due to the fans' safety as their top priority. Lockedge
What city is this? Philadelphia? Since when are they unable to drive in winter conditions?

You're missing the part about 100+ accidents. Thousands of people are going to try and make this game, clogging the roads and making driving unsafe, not to mention choking routes for emergency vehicles which are sorely needed during conditions like this. As much as I absolutely hate Goodell for what he's done to the league, this was a smart move.
surrealnumber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 surrealnumber5
Member since 2008 • 23044 Posts
because people are softer than they once were
surrealnumber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 surrealnumber5
[QUOTE="-Big_Red-"]

[QUOTE="xhellcatx"][QUOTE="UnknownSniper65"]

Hah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQksjFaSnpY&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL
-Big_Red-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 -Big_Red-

[QUOTE="-Big_Red-"]

[QUOTE="xhellcatx"][QUOTE="UnknownSniper65"]

surrealnumber5

Hah

Yes.

rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 rawsavon
Member since 2004 • 40001 Posts
The city ordered all non-essential vehicles off the road. That = no fans at game. Game is played for the fans/customers. Theres would be no customers so they moved the game to accommodate the customers ...the end
surrealnumber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 surrealnumber5
[QUOTE="-Big_Red-"]

[QUOTE="surrealnumber5"][QUOTE="-Big_Red-"]

Hah

Yes.

thats the dad from cloudy with a chance of meatballs...
wstfld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 wstfld
Member since 2008 • 6375 Posts
[QUOTE="Flame_Blade88"]I was watching ESPN and the main problem they're blaming the postponement on is because of the 100+ car accidents around the area and the NFL postponed the game due to the fans' safety as their top priority. Lockedge

Since not every vehicle is four wheel drive. A foot of snow fell in a matter of hours. I tried to drive from Jersey back to NC yesterday and the Hundyai Accent I rented barely made it down the street before I had to turn around.
WhiteKnight77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 WhiteKnight77
Member since 2003 • 12605 Posts

[QUOTE="Lockedge"][QUOTE="Flame_Blade88"]I was watching ESPN and the main problem they're blaming the postponement on is because of the 100+ car accidents around the area and the NFL postponed the game due to the fans' safety as their top priority. wstfld

Since not every vehicle is four wheel drive. A foot of snow fell in a matter of hours. I tried to drive from Jersey back to NC yesterday and the Hundyai Accent I rented barely made it down the street before I had to turn around.

My folks drove back from Baltimore yesterday and my Pops had a hard time getting the car into the driveway which had a foot of snow on it in Virginia (I predicted this to happen in the other snow thread).

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#32 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts
I thought they play regardless. I just watch highlights and pass by while a game's on.
Avatar image for Fuhgeddabouditt
Fuhgeddabouditt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Fuhgeddabouditt
Member since 2010 • 5468 Posts

well its a blizzard. The fans will have to travel to the stadium and back home which wouldnt be safe at all. If it was just a inch or two, fine, but no, it was a blizzard. The NFL was playing it safe, im not mad at them for it.

ice_radon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#34 ice_radon
Member since 2002 • 70464 Posts
That really would have been dumb to let the game go on. So people would have made it to the game just fine, but how the hell would any of them got home unless they lived like a block away and could walk?