For all you architecture lovers out there...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

-hotaru-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 -hotaru-
Member since 2007 • 1380 Posts

Or anyone interested in this Dubai development boom. Take a look at this:

http://www.dubai-architecture.info/DUB-GAL1.htm

Where is Dubai getting all this money from?! Seriously... I think it's going a little overboard.

blackngold29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 blackngold29
Member since 2004 • 14137 Posts
Everything over there is tax free, my dad's company has an office there, he says it's nuts some of the stuff they do. Indoor ski slopes! Holy Crap!
melrose53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 melrose53
Member since 2004 • 959 Posts
Holy crap...The Difference Between 1990 and now is HUGE!
The_Ish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 The_Ish
Member since 2006 • 13913 Posts

Well, a strong Oil industry, tourist attractions, and no taxes will do wonders. :D

Dubai really is a beautiful city, it's the jewel of the Mid East.

Avatar image for DeeJayInphinity
DeeJayInphinity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 DeeJayInphinity
Member since 2004 • 13415 Posts
Yup that place is freaking awesome now. I would love to visit Dubai some day but I hear its.. very.. expensive..
Lorindol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Lorindol
Member since 2004 • 2589 Posts
thats some major cash they are spending there...............they should help out other less fortunate countries instead of self indulging
MajorSport

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 MajorSport
Member since 2004 • 2148 Posts
omg....that's insane
Frattracide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Frattracide
Member since 2005 • 5395 Posts

thats some major cash they are spending there...............they should help out other less fortunate countries instead of self indulgingLorindol

No. They should definitely self-indulge.

Vilot_Hero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Vilot_Hero
Member since 2008 • 4522 Posts
That's pretty cool.
middito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 middito
Member since 2003 • 955 Posts

thats some major cash they are spending there...............they should help out other less fortunate countries instead of self indulgingLorindol

Tens of billions? Hundreds? or maybe even Trillions? What gets me the most is the spaceport....yet there's no place for an average civilian to travel to in space..(so far). And to claim the first spaceport they're going to compete with Virgin Mobile. Are they planning for the first 7/5 star Hotel on the moon? well i guess they would need a spaceport first to launch all the materials up there lol. But seriously What the Hell is going on down there in Dubai, possibly one of the worlds most fastest growing cities (thats wealthy). 5more years and it will be the best oasis ever built by man.

Lorindol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Lorindol
Member since 2004 • 2589 Posts

[QUOTE="Lorindol"]thats some major cash they are spending there...............they should help out other less fortunate countries instead of self indulgingmiddito

Tens of billions? Hundreds? or maybe even Trillions? What gets me the most is the spaceport....yet there's no place for an average civilian to travel to in space..(so far). And to claim the first spaceport they're going to compete with Virgin Mobile. Are they planning for the first 7/5 star Hotel on the moon? well i guess they would need a spaceport first to launch all the materials up there lol. But seriously What the Hell is going on down there in Dubai, possibly one of the worlds most fastest growing cities (thats wealthy). 5more years and it will be the best oasis ever built by man.

All that stuff is cool, but at least 100 million dollars that they spent could help so many people......maybe I care a tad to much. But I see it as a waste...like when the flower people throw away roses that are still good.....donate that to a retirement home or something, at least someone will get joy out of it.