FL Congressman Busted With Cocaine

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Makhaidos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Makhaidos
Member since 2013 • 2162 Posts

Also, he voted in favor of drug testing welfare recipients.

Talk about hypocrisy.

leviathan91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 leviathan91
Member since 2007 • 7763 Posts

Sounds like a real asshole.

SirWander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3  Edited By SirWander
Member since 2009 • 5176 Posts

"I struggle with the disease of alcoholism, and this led to an extremely irresponsible choice,"

As a wise man once said "Blame it on the alcohol..."

The guy should really get kicked out of office.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7034 Posts

@SirWander

He shouldn't be kicked out yet. A suspension w/o pay should happen followed, if convicted or if he pleas, by him being removed from office. His actions are par for the course when it comes to politicians though. Normal, ordinary people would be burned at the stake for the same actions yet these people "repent" and act as if they have seen the light.

Avatar image for MakeMeaSammitch
MakeMeaSammitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 MakeMeaSammitch
Member since 2012 • 4889 Posts

Republicans are so hipocritical on social issues - ex.

Multiple Republican politicians who voted against gay marriage have been caught having sex with gay prostitutes.

Republicans press legislation to slam drug users - get caught with drugs themselves.

Anybody remember that Republican who's daughter got pregnant and he got caught bringer her to mexico?

Avatar image for MakeMeaSammitch
MakeMeaSammitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 MakeMeaSammitch
Member since 2012 • 4889 Posts

@SirWander said:

"I struggle with the disease of alcoholism, and this led to an extremely irresponsible choice,"

As a wise man once said "Blame it on the alcohol..."

The guy should really get kicked out of office.

Seriously, some people just can't take responsibility for their own actions, and because they don't say "maybe it's me, maybe I'm the asshole" they don't improve themeslves.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36039 Posts

Drugs are bad mmkay.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#8 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

Now that he has plead guilty he should resign.

cain006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#9 cain006
Member since 2008 • 8625 Posts

I don't see the big deal with drug testing for food stamp people other than the cost involved. If you're getting drugs and you are on food stamps, you obviously shouldn't be needing food stamps because you have the excess money to get them or you're being irresponsible with them. Either way you shouldn't be wasting the food stamps like that. And recreational drug use like that dude was doing is a completely different matter.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#10 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

^^^Agree.

Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Fightingfan
Member since 2010 • 38011 Posts

@cain006 said:

I don't see the big deal with drug testing for food stamp people other than the cost involved. If you're getting drugs and you are on food stamps, you obviously shouldn't be needing food stamps because you have the excess money to get them or you're being irresponsible with them. Either way you shouldn't be wasting the food stamps like that. And recreational drug use like that dude was doing is a completely different matter.

The only issue it brings up is the excess paying of the drug test that cost more than if X-amount of people are actually cheating the system.

Rick Scott implemented it, and all it did was decrease applicants, and catch like .5%, which resulted in some negative "investment".

I don't see the issue with Trey; his rehabilitation mandate is a joke. Obviously the man doesn't need rehab if he's a functional drug addict.

cain006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 cain006

@Fightingfan said:

@cain006 said:

The only issue it brings up is the excess paying of the drug test that cost more than if X-amount of people are actually cheating the system.

Rick Scott implemented it, and all it did was decrease applicants, and catch like .5%, which resulted in some negative "investment".

I don't see the issue with Trey; his rehabilitation mandate is a joke. Obviously the man doesn't need rehab if he's a functional drug addict.

Yeah that's why I said other than the cost involved. There's no reason to spend more money when the goal is to save money.

Makhaidos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Makhaidos

@cain006 said:

There's the cost involved, and then there's also the fact that it has never been demonstrated that drug use among welfare recipients is an actual problem. When Florida implemented it in 2012, they found that only 2.6% of applicants failed the drug test--that's 108 people, out of 4,086.

The whole "issue" is a made-up one, concocted by rich politicians who demonize the poor, just like "voter fraud."

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By dave123321
Member since 2003 • 35553 Posts

Funny how this is getting more attention on OT then the more outrageous Canada incident with Rob Ford. Anything to knock america down a peg. Some Canadians will undoubtably call for heads to roll over this, go figure.

/wk

cain006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 cain006

@Makhaidos: Oh I agree that it would be stupid to have drug tests - the cost involved alone makes it not even up for debate in my opinion. All it really does is annoy the people who really need it by having to jump through yet another hoop.

Makhaidos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Makhaidos

@dave123321 said:

Funny how this is getting more attention on OT then the more outrageous Canada incident with Rob Ford. Anything to knock america down a peg. Some Canadians will undoubtably call for heads to roll over this, go figure.

/wk

There was a huge topic on Ford back when the news story was fresh and relevant.