Firefox 30 is released today!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

angeldeb82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 angeldeb82
Member since 2005 • 1724 Posts

Well, this seems promising, for that matter. But the plugins are not activated by default anymore! Please! :P

http://www.ghacks.net/2014/06/10/firefox-30-released-find-new/

ChristianGmr14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#2 ChristianGmr14
Member since 2014 • 157 Posts

I deleted FireFox after they fired their CEO for simply for having a different opinion. I will never support the product of a company that caves into Fascism, whether that Fascism comes form Nazis or The Rainbow Gestapo.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

Firefox 29 has this problem for me where it randomly crashes for no apparent reason, while 28 didn't have that problem. Hopefully this fixes my crashing issues...

chaplainDMK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 chaplainDMK
Member since 2008 • 7004 Posts

@christiangmr14 said:

I deleted FireFox after they fired their CEO for simply for having a different opinion. I will never support the product of a company that caves into Fascism, whether that Fascism comes form Nazis or The Rainbow Gestapo.

Are you stupid or something? Do you understand the concept of irony?

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 GazaAli
Member since 2007 • 25216 Posts

@christiangmr14 said:

The Rainbow Gestapo.

I'll definitely keep that term in mind.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By GazaAli
Member since 2007 • 25216 Posts

Besides FF has gotten so bad in recent months so there's that too

FishySquash15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 FishySquash15
Member since 2014 • 49 Posts

Good to know. Firefox is a good browser...mostly...

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#8 br0kenrabbit
Member since 2004 • 17859 Posts

@chaplainDMK said:

@christiangmr14 said:

"I'm going to boycott Firefox over their opinions because I don't believe people should have boycotted Firefox over the CEOs opinion." lol

Some people are so biased they're blind. :-\

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

Ugh. It still crashes for me. Chrome, here I come.

ChristianGmr14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ChristianGmr14

@br0kenrabbit said:

@chaplainDMK said:

@christiangmr14 said:

"I'm going to boycott Firefox over their opinions because I don't believe people should have boycotted Firefox over the CEOs opinion." lol

No, I am boycotting them for caving into the demands of a small militant lifestyle group and their fascism. I don't care what the CEO's opinion was, he could have supported gay marriage and I wouldn't have cared, but firing someone because they do have a different opinion is wrong.

And calling people biased? Lol Pot....meet kettle.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 br0kenrabbit

@christiangmr14 said:

No, I am boycotting them for caving into the demands of a small militant lifestyle group and their fascism. I don't care what the CEO's opinion was, he could have supported gay marriage and I wouldn't have cared, but firing someone because they do have a different opinion is wrong.

That's the power of public opinion. Get used to it, that's life. If a company figures you're going to cost them business, it's only good business sense to let you go. No one gives a shit that your feelings got hurt, it's down to the $$.

Business is business. I guess you're not too terribly old or perhaps you'd understand.

chaplainDMK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By chaplainDMK
Member since 2008 • 7004 Posts

@christiangmr14 said:

@br0kenrabbit said:

@chaplainDMK said:

@christiangmr14 said:

Militant lifestyle group? How about people fighting for equal rights? There is nothing "lifestyle" about the LGBT community fighting to have what everyone else has. It's like saying the black equality movement was just a "militant lifestyle group".

You don't really expect "the rainbow gestapo" as you call them to not use the same tactic you used against them?

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By br0kenrabbit

@chaplainDMK said:

Militant lifestyle group? How about people fighting for equal rights? There is nothing "lifestyle" about the LGBT community fighting to have what everyone else has. It's like saying the black equality movement was just a "militant lifestyle group".

His Bible says you're wrong. You know, the same book with talking shrubbery.

You know what I'd do if I saw a burning, talking bush? Piss the fire out then ask if it had a place to stay. Then I'd call my weed man and order more of the same shit.

Lance2500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Lance2500
Member since 2009 • 680 Posts

Firefox has really gone downhill the past few years. I still use it but I consider it "in the gutter" as far as browsers go. Well past it's prime.

jasean79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 jasean79
Member since 2005 • 2593 Posts

@Lance2500: So, what's the browser that everyone is using now? Google Chrome?

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts

WOW they are up to 30 now. Hell I stopped using Firefox way back when they were on Firefox 5.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#17 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

@christiangmr14 said:

So you're a closed-minded bigot who draws a comparison between the Nazis and homosexual activists.

Either you're very young and very ignorant, or you are an adult living a very sad life.

SolidSnake35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

#18 SolidSnake35
Member since 2005 • 58971 Posts

Do people look to the staff of FF to lead the way in terms of justice and political correctness? I do hope those homophobic beliefs were seeping into the browser itself. Heaven forbid if the man that cleans the street thinks homosexuality is a bit strange. I wouldn't walk on the public roads again until he is publicly shamed.

tocool340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#19 tocool340
Member since 2004 • 21652 Posts
@KHAndAnime said:

Firefox 29 has this problem for me where it randomly crashes for no apparent reason, while 28 didn't have that problem. Hopefully this fixes my crashing issues...

Really? I haven't had a single crash with FF since Firefox 21, though to be fair I ended up skipping 22-27 because Nvidia graphic drivers were having MAJOR issues with Firefox which forced me to migrate to crappy Chrome til Nvidia finally released a graphic driver that didn't crash Firefox every time I went to a site that had a lot of Flash in it...

-Toshy-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 -Toshy-
Member since 2008 • 1376 Posts

@tocool340 said:
@KHAndAnime said:

Really? I haven't had a single crash with FF since Firefox 21, though to be fair I ended up skipping 22-27 because Nvidia graphic drivers were having MAJOR issues with Firefox which forced me to migrate to crappy Chrome til Nvidia finally released a graphic driver that didn't crash Firefox every time I went to a site that had a lot of Flash in it...

Oh so that's the Flash issue I was having with FF. I can prob re-download it since I'm using an AMD gpu now.

tocool340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#21  Edited By tocool340
Member since 2004 • 21652 Posts
@-Toshy- said:

@tocool340 said:
@KHAndAnime said:

Oh so that's the Flash issue I was having with FF. I can prob re-download it since I'm using an AMD gpu now.

Yeah it had something to do with Nvidia and its drivers. Nvidia Drivers between 314 to 331 all had some sort of issue with Firefox and Flash, where the graphic card/driver itself or Firefox kept crashing when watching flash videos or a flash ad popped up. It wouldn't have been a problem for me at the time (I kept using 314) if it wasn't because newer games couldn't be played without upgrading the driver...

zeroyaoi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 zeroyaoi
Member since 2013 • 2472 Posts

There's a new version every week. :x

churdo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 churdo
Member since 2009 • 177 Posts

Guys, Cryptocat works wonderfully in firefox !!!

Lance2500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Lance2500
Member since 2009 • 680 Posts

@jasean79: I have no idea. I just know that I don't like Firefox as much as I used to.

ChristianGmr14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 ChristianGmr14

@foxhound_fox said:

@christiangmr14 said:

So you're a closed-minded bigot who draws a comparison between the Nazis and homosexual activists.

Either you're very young and very ignorant, or you are an adult living a very sad life.

Nope, I'm not a bigot. I love gay people as they are my Neighbor. My problem is not with the average homosexual, just the militant and fascist one's who want to force their lifestyle onto everyone and everything, and proceed to call you a nasty name simply for disagreeing with them. And their liberal "progressive" lap dog army who do what they tell them to do because they lack the ability to think for themselves.

You don't know me, I don't know you. Don't Tread on me and I won't Tread on you.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#26 GreySeal9
Member since 2010 • 28247 Posts

@GazaAli said:

Besides FF has gotten so bad in recent months so there's that too

Yeah, the performance of my FF browser has indeed been really bad lately.

It's pretty funny that this random thread turned political tho.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#27 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

@christiangmr14 said:

@foxhound_fox said:

@christiangmr14 said:

[...] just the militant and fascist one's who want to force their lifestyle onto everyone and everything [...]

How does wanting the same rights as heterosexuals equal "forcing their lifestyle onto everyone and everything"?