#1 Edited by LexLas (7270 posts) -

So, OT you hooked on these or what ? I got me a cheap one for $10 dollars, but about to order me a $40 dollar one, just trying to figure out which one i'll pick. These things are addictive. You got yours yet OT ?

#2 Posted by Solaryellow (4131 posts) -

Huh?

#3 Posted by DaVillain- (29019 posts) -

Spinners was sooo 2003 lol.

#4 Posted by LexLas (7270 posts) -

@davillain- said:

We ain't talking about rim spinners man, lol .. But yes, i remember

Loading Video...

#5 Edited by korvus (11094 posts) -

Quoting myself from the other thread about the same thing.

@korvus said:

Yup. My wife bought me one yesterday just to piss me off. That being said, I tried it and OMG!!!.....yeah, nothing...it's a stupid spinning thing...

I really don't get the appeal.

#6 Edited by Jebus213 (10014 posts) -

IT'S A MEME!

#7 Posted by FireEmblem_Man (17708 posts) -

Fidget Spinners is all the rage

#8 Posted by LexLas (7270 posts) -

@FireEmblem_Man said:

Fidget Spinners is all the rage

What the ! Dude, i almost spilled my coffee !

Avatar image for deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
#9 Posted by deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d (7914 posts) -

YouTube keeps recommending me to watch fidget spinners. I wonder if you can wire some electricity to them from a household outlet and make the magnet stronger.

#10 Posted by Jebus213 (10014 posts) -

@playmynutz said:

YouTube keeps recommending me to watch fidget spinners. I wonder if you can wire some electricity to them from a household outlet and make the magnet stronger.

Ebay advertised this shit in their emails for weeks.

#11 Posted by comp_atkins (34794 posts) -

i prefer pigeon dinners

#12 Posted by VFighter (3178 posts) -

I really don't get the appeal of them? Kids have one and it's boring after using it for about 10 seconds.

#13 Posted by LexLas (7270 posts) -

@vfighter said:

I really don't get the appeal of them? Kids have one and it's boring after using it for about 10 seconds.

Thats cause you getting them cheap ones. The Captain America shield one is worth thousands, and it is far out man.

#14 Posted by deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d (7914 posts) -

@Jebus213: they're marketing fidget spinners strong all for a novelty.

#15 Posted by DaVillain- (29019 posts) -

@playmynutz said:

I do wonder, if and when do build myself a new PC, I like to have one of those Spinners inside my system just for the looks and act like a fan like would be sweet. Those Spinners do look like they belong inside a PC just for looks if you ask me.

@LexLas said:
@davillain- said:

We ain't talking about rim spinners man, lol .. But yes, i remember

Yeah I was being silly and I figure someone would notice my post lol.

I gotta admit, it looks like someone hype it really good to become a thing, it just looks like you'll only play it for like 5 minutes and relies it isn't nothing special. On the bright side, if Fidget Spinners can get everyone to go crazy, it wouldn't surprise me if we see Rim Spinners making a comeback return.

#16 Posted by korvus (11094 posts) -

@davillain- said:

On the bright side, if Fidget Spinners can get everyone to go crazy, it wouldn't surprise me if we see Rim Spinners making a comeback return.

Oh yeah, can't wait for rim spinner tricks...

Loading Video...

#17 Posted by MonsieurX (37417 posts) -

"pro" fidget spinner tricks...lol

#19 Posted by deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d (7914 posts) -

@davillain-: fidget spinner as a fan now there's an idea.

#20 Posted by korvus (11094 posts) -

@playmynutz said:

@davillain-: fidget spinner as a fan now there's an idea.

With some LED lights XD

Seriously though, I'm not against the darn things or the people who like them, especially since I know I'm not the demographic; I just tend to dislike trends, especially because if I went to most people who swear by them a week before it became popular and said "I have this thing you can hold and spin" they'd say "yeah. so?" but since it's the cool thing to do, everybody thinks it's amazing.

#21 Posted by DaVillain- (29019 posts) -

@korvus: LOL now that's funny XD

#22 Posted by deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d (7914 posts) -

@korvus: yeah I was getting hip to magnets way before this trend that's why I thought it was on my YouTube feed from watching electromagnetic, electric engine, turbine videos.

#23 Posted by mrbojangles25 (40623 posts) -

Rich kid toys made by people taking advantage of them.

Just like pogs. Remember pogs? "Hey, let's sell cardboard discs to kids, but let's make some of them different colors and then limit how many there are. Then we can charge 20 dollars for them! And then we can make some metal ones and call them slammers and paint some of them gold and charge 50 dollars for them!"

I can appreciate some of the engineering that goes into the spinners, but unless you are a severe fidgeter I don't see the point in them (and there are better things to take the place of clicking a pen).

#24 Posted by korvus (11094 posts) -

@mrbojangles25: Never heard of pogs but they look like something we had that came on bags of crisps called Tazos (Looney Tunes collection). You'd stack them up then slammed them with another one and you'd get to keep whichever ones you;d be able to flip over. Then they came up with plastic ones that were heavier and flipped over and eventually ones with notches that you could put together to "build" stuff of sorts or fling them like Frisbee.

#25 Posted by SOedipus (10809 posts) -

They're awesome. Great for procrastinating.

#26 Posted by FireEmblem_Man (17708 posts) -

@korvus said:
@davillain- said:

On the bright side, if Fidget Spinners can get everyone to go crazy, it wouldn't surprise me if we see Rim Spinners making a comeback return.

Oh yeah, can't wait for rim spinner tricks...

Loading Video...

That's wack.... Pewdiepie does it better!

Loading Video...

#27 Posted by foxhound_fox (97101 posts) -

I feel so old...

#29 Posted by JustPlainLucas (78212 posts) -

At work today, I saw a group of kids playing a fidget spinner app on their phones, because their actual fidget spinners got taken from them in class... *groans*

#31 Posted by leafs_ducks (2866 posts) -

@mrbojangles25 said:

Rich kid toys made by people taking advantage of them.

Just like pogs. Remember pogs? "Hey, let's sell cardboard discs to kids, but let's make some of them different colors and then limit how many there are. Then we can charge 20 dollars for them! And then we can make some metal ones and call them slammers and paint some of them gold and charge 50 dollars for them!"

I can appreciate some of the engineering that goes into the spinners, but unless you are a severe fidgeter I don't see the point in them (and there are better things to take the place of clicking a pen).

yeah, Pogs was pretty big for about 3 years. i used to make money from them in my elementary school playground. lol.

guess you can say the same thing for Go Go crazy Bones?

They were popular for a few years as well

#32 Posted by HushBlush (72 posts) -

i've had those for stress reliever hehehe!

#33 Edited by Kristaok (69 posts) -

@foxhound_fox:

Dang my child the real fidget spinner.

#34 Edited by LexLas (7270 posts) -

Some of these postings crack me up. This is my fav spinner so far.

#35 Edited by Jak42 (1091 posts) -

I tried one. Its kinda cool. No interest in purchasing one. As its ultimately a fad that will die out in a year or less. Like those electric balance scooters. And they'll end up in a landfill somewhere.

#36 Posted by Jacanuk (13283 posts) -

@Solaryellow said:

Huh?

This.....

Spinners is 1980´s

#37 Posted by bfa1509 (1053 posts) -

Of course I don't have a fidget spinner!! I play with my niece's and nephew's when they're not looking...

#38 Edited by LexLas (7270 posts) -

@bfa1509 said:

Of course I don't have a fidget spinner!! I play with my niece's and nephew's when they're not looking...

Lol .. If they see you with it, its over.

@Jacanuk - 80's ? Serious ?