Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

Crazy radicals spreading propaganda but interesting overall on the consequences of central banks. The fiat money will crash, and many central banks know that. They hold a large portion of gold as part of their insurance when the paper money collapses from all the printing.

Current US Federal Reserve Interest Rate.

0%. Free money, printed or even digital is handed to banks from the federal reserve, buying bonds with a 0% interest rate for fiat money.

A new norm for America to create stimulus in the economy with inflated cash. A sign that the direction of our economy has not gotten any better. They have even considered to lower interest rate to the negatives.

The abandonment of the Gold Standard has brought the rise of counterfeit money from central banks. A robbery to all our precious resources.

Avatar image for chessmaster1989
chessmaster1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#2 chessmaster1989
Member since 2008 • 30203 Posts

Yes, what with our horrifying 2% annual inflation rate, our currency will soon be all but worthless

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#3 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

Well, I'm confident Yellen will raise interest rates before 2050.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#4 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

That's why he will NEVER get elected, he talks about REAL issues that everyone else dances around.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

lollllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Gaming-Planet

@chessmaster1989 said:

Yes, what with our horrifying 2% annual inflation rate, our currency will soon be all but worthless

We export inflation.

As the Federal Reserve floods the world with more dollars, other countries have one of two choices: 1) they can let the values of their own currencies rise or 2) they can print more of their own domestic currency to stay delta neutral with the deflating U.S. dollar.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Gaming-Planet

@Aljosa23 said:

lollllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 dave123321
Member since 2003 • 35553 Posts

Good thread to get us thinking

whipassmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#9 whipassmt
Member since 2007 • 15375 Posts

Whoa, Queen Elizabeth got mad loot!

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Gaming-Planet
Loading Video...

Since the Illuminachos took down the video.

Avatar image for deactivated-598fc45371265
deactivated-598fc45371265

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#11 deactivated-598fc45371265
Member since 2008 • 13247 Posts

@Gaming-Planet said:

Since the Illuminachos took down the video.

IS produced media is just so good.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

Whoever views that video is definitely going on some government watch list lol.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Gaming-Planet

@Aljosa23 said:

Whoever views that video is definitely going on some government watch list lol.

I'm already flagged as being a terrorist for using Tor, looking at government scandals, and wearing a hoodie around cameras.

SUD123456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By SUD123456
Member since 2007 • 6949 Posts

Fiat money bad. Shiny gold metal good. The coming collapse is always coming. The doom. The gloom.

The idiocy.

Also, I love going to the store and giving them bits of paper and they give me all kinds of stuff back. And to top it off, I also usually get bits of metal back too.

Metal good. Paper bad. I's is super duper smart.

whipassmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 whipassmt

I had to do it:

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 mattbbpl  Online
Member since 2006 • 23031 Posts

@chessmaster1989 said:

It astounds me that this is still a thing. The gold bugs have been empirically proven wrong by their own standards (Ron Paul has been heralding imminent hyperinflation since the year I was born), yet they continue to spread these fears.

whipassmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 whipassmt

Speaking of Queen Elizabeth, I think back in the 19th century the British had their money based on a silver standard, which helped make the British Empire quite prosperous.

As far as ISIS goes I wouldn't be surprised if they were using gold currency, obviously they can't integrate themselves into the world banking system so they probably are using some sort of hard currency.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38675 Posts

*stocks up on gold coins i heard about on shitty late night infomercials*

i can eat gold right?

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Gaming-Planet

@comp_atkins said:

*stocks up on gold coins i heard about on shitty late night infomercials*

i can eat gold right?

You should invest in food, water, survival gear, and firearms before anything else. That's the true way to survive any disaster. We can't predict when there will be a financial crisis or a huge global collapse that results into a huge disaster. Prepare for the worst.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 mattbbpl  Online

@whipassmt said:

Speaking of Queen Elizabeth, I think back in the 19th century the British had their money based on a silver standard, which helped make the British Empire quite prosperous.

As far as ISIS goes I wouldn't be surprised if they were using gold currency, obviously they can't integrate themselves into the world banking system so they probably are using some sort of hard currency.

Move to the silver standard! 19th century progress awaits!

whipassmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 whipassmt

@mattbbpl: Jolly Good mate!

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23904 Posts

ISIS moving to gold standard?

Well, this is gonna fall flat on their face so hard,

There are multiple problems with the gold standard

• There is not enough gold in the world. All the mined gold in the world would become roughly 7.1 trillion dollars. Which would NOT even be enough to cover the circulating money and deposits in the US economy alone. Shifting to a gold standard economy would lead to a massive deflation. Which would cause massive problems iwth the economy.
  • Gold has plenty of industrial and medical applications. Trying to make gold our currency as well as a key material used in a lot of modern technology... I really dont see how that would work.
  • Transporting gold simply put isnt very practical, in our globalized world, technolgized world, money is getting increasingly digitalized. Which isnt very compatitable with the gold standard.
  • The gold standard is susceptible for scams. Our knowledge of chemistry is far superior to what it was back then. Nothing would prevent me from making coins that look like gold coins, but actually is composed of much cheaper materials.
  • Gold is extremely dense.
  • Much like many other things, gold has no inherent value. The only value it has is that value we have placed on it.
  • A shift would likely cause a massive deflation. Deflations have a habit of screwing over people who are in debt.
  • If the international trading system demanded trade accounts be settled in gold, covering imports of oil and goods as well as foreign debts. The US would be met with a massive contraction in the money supply, a deflationary spiral, unemployment, shortages of cash, misery, poverty, social unrest, and political instability.
  • History shows that gold standards have not been effective in stabilizing the economy, quite the contrary actually. An economy is massively unstable with the gold standard as seen below.

There are multiple reasons why the Fiat system is generally superior.

• Since only the people in charge can control the productino of currency. The economy will be much more stabilized. No gold rushes leading to massive inflations for instance.
  • Improved elasticity compared to the gold standard.
  • Paper money, while instrinctively worthless (same goes for gold btw), is much cheaper to produce than organize huge, expensive mining operations.
  • During a recession, the fiat system can be used to stimulate the economy.

One thing that was contributed to ending the great depression in the 30s was the switch to the fiat system, countries that swapped over did in general much better than those who tried to stick to the gold standard.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Gaming-Planet

@Maroxad said:

ISIS moving to gold standard?

Well, this is gonna fall flat on their face so hard,

There are multiple problems with the gold standard

• There is not enough gold in the world. All the mined gold in the world would become roughly 7.1 trillion dollars. Which would NOT even be enough to cover the circulating money and deposits in the US economy alone. Shifting to a gold standard economy would lead to a massive deflation. Which would cause massive problems iwth the economy.
  • Gold has plenty of industrial and medical applications. Trying to make gold our currency as well as a key material used in a lot of modern technology... I really dont see how that would work.
  • Transporting gold simply put isnt very practical, in our globalized world, technolgized world, money is getting increasingly digitalized. Which isnt very compatitable with the gold standard.
  • The gold standard is susceptible for scams. Our knowledge of chemistry is far superior to what it was back then. Nothing would prevent me from making coins that look like gold coins, but actually is composed of much cheaper materials.
  • Gold is extremely dense.
  • Much like many other things, gold has no inherent value. The only value it has is that value we have placed on it.
  • A shift would likely cause a massive deflation. Deflations have a habit of screwing over people who are in debt.
  • If the international trading system demanded trade accounts be settled in gold, covering imports of oil and goods as well as foreign debts. The US would be met with a massive contraction in the money supply, a deflationary spiral, unemployment, shortages of cash, misery, poverty, social unrest, and political instability.
  • History shows that gold standards have not been effective in stabilizing the economy, quite the contrary actually. An economy is massively unstable with the gold standard as seen below.

There are multiple reasons why the Fiat system is generally superior.

• Since only the people in charge can control the productino of currency. The economy will be much more stabilized. No gold rushes leading to massive inflations for instance.
  • Improved elasticity compared to the gold standard.
  • Paper money, while instrinctively worthless (same goes for gold btw), is much cheaper to produce than organize huge, expensive mining operations.
  • During a recession, the fiat system can be used to stimulate the economy.

One thing that was contributed to ending the great depression in the 30s was the switch to the fiat system, countries that swapped over did in general much better than those who tried to stick to the gold standard.

There is a gold rush going on right now in poor countries. Our manipulation with gold prices leaves these people poor. Gold isn't worthless when you use it for technology and as a good conductor with little resistance. You do raise some good points, especially our money being digital now, but the bad thing is you don't hold any of that money and you can't prepare for the worst with it.

bmanva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#24 bmanva
Member since 2002 • 4680 Posts

I'm going with the metro currency system and hoarding up ammo.

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts

lol Gold standard lol

Toxic-Seahorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Toxic-Seahorse
Member since 2012 • 5074 Posts

@mattbbpl said:
@chessmaster1989 said:

It astounds me that this is still a thing. The gold bugs have been empirically proven wrong by their own standards (Ron Paul has been heralding imminent hyperinflation since the year I was born), yet they continue to spread these fears.

Right? I find it funny, and kinda sad at the same time, that people keep spouting this gold standard "our money is worthless" crap.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Gaming-Planet

@bmanva said:

Ammo, food, water, shelter, and love from others is all you need to survive the worst. That, and some universal knowledge.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 mattbbpl  Online

@Toxic-Seahorse said:

Right? I find it funny, and kinda sad at the same time, that people keep spouting this gold standard "our money is worthless" crap.

I also love the fact that many of them have embraced bitcoin as an alternative despite the fact that it has even less intrinsic value than a traditional currency (not that gold has an intrinsic value approaching anything close to it's current perceived value either).

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 mattbbpl  Online

@Gaming-Planet said:

There is a gold rush going on right now in poor countries. Our manipulation with gold prices leaves these people poor. Gold isn't worthless when you use it for technology and as a good conductor with little resistance. You do raise some good points, especially our money being digital now, but the bad thing is you don't hold any of that money and you can't prepare for the worst with it.

What he means is that gold (as a raw industrial material) isn't worth anything approaching it's current valuation. If the price of gold were to reflect that worth, it would be in the range of copper (which would be an enormous crash in the price of gold). It would be comparatively worthless.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#30 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

In my opinion gold holds more value as a metal than a currency. Even if just for it's electrical conductivity.

I truly don't think there is a solution to the current economic crisis aside from people giving up lots of the luxuries they've come to take for granted.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 mattbbpl  Online

@foxhound_fox said:

In my opinion gold holds more value as a metal than a currency. Even if just for it's electrical conductivity.

I truly don't think there is a solution to the current economic crisis aside from people giving up lots of the luxuries they've come to take for granted.

I don't think I understand what you're saying here. How would a drop in aggregate demand/GDP resolve the economic crisis? I guess it might help to establish what you're referring to solving - the China slowdown? The Greek debt crisis? I'm not sure where you're coming from.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#32 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

@mattbbpl said:

I don't think I understand what you're saying here. How would a drop in aggregate demand/GDP resolve the economic crisis? I guess it might help to establish what you're referring to solving - the China slowdown? The Greek debt crisis? I'm not sure where you're coming from.

People taking on debt they can't afford to pay off in their lifetimes.

i.e. buying things they can't afford on credit.

bmanva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#33 bmanva
Member since 2002 • 4680 Posts

@Gaming-Planet said:
@bmanva said:

Ammo, food, water, shelter, and love from others is all you need to survive the worst. That, and some universal knowledge.

Ammo can be used to exchange for those things, or secure them from people who would want to take them by force.

Barbariser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#34 Barbariser
Member since 2009 • 6785 Posts

Rofl a Ron Paul nut. Fiat currencies are well known to be superior to metal-backed ones in pretty much every way except when it comes down to enriching the people who own those metals.