Feminist professor attacks pro life student

• 118 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Edited by bforrester420 (3480 posts) -

@plageus900 said:

@bforrester420 said:

@reaper4278 said:

Look at the Democratic and Republican conventions, hundreds are arrested at the Republican conventions for disorderly conduct but you never hear of it at the Democrat conventions. I am not saying one side's views are any better than another's because I take from both, but the way the left expresses their views always seems kind of Looney Toons. I know the right has its loons as well, just seems more common among the left. You would think all the pot would calm them ;)

There also tend to be a lot more young, disenfranchised people that are more prone to emotion on the left side of the political spectrum. The right is mostly made up of middle-aged, white pussies.

So, young, emotional cry-babies on the left and middle-aged cowards on the right.

Sounds about right.

What do the right, other than the looney social conservatives, have to violently protest about? They don't mind war or the death penalty. Really, taxes are the only thing most conservatives are up-in-arms about (again, other than social conservatives with homosexuality and abortion), and that's hardly a topic worth going to jail over.

Of course, I generalize the demographics of the left and the right, but the left does skew young and idealistic (emotional) while the right tends to be older and more pragmatic.

#54 Edited by plageus900 (2234 posts) -

@bforrester420 said:

@plageus900 said:

@bforrester420 said:

@reaper4278 said:

Look at the Democratic and Republican conventions, hundreds are arrested at the Republican conventions for disorderly conduct but you never hear of it at the Democrat conventions. I am not saying one side's views are any better than another's because I take from both, but the way the left expresses their views always seems kind of Looney Toons. I know the right has its loons as well, just seems more common among the left. You would think all the pot would calm them ;)

There also tend to be a lot more young, disenfranchised people that are more prone to emotion on the left side of the political spectrum. The right is mostly made up of middle-aged, white pussies.

So, young, emotional cry-babies on the left and middle-aged cowards on the right.

Sounds about right.

What do the right, other than the looney social conservatives, have to violently protest about? They don't mind war or the death penalty. Really, taxes are the only thing most conservatives are up-in-arms about (again, other than social conservatives with homosexuality and abortion), and that's hardly a topic worth going to jail over.

Of course, I generalize the demographics of the left and the right, but the left does skew young and idealistic while the right tends to be older and more pragmatic.

Neither side has anything to violently protest about.

When the professor said that her violent actions were triggered and that she had a moral right to act the way she did, she reduced herself to something below a human being.

#55 Edited by bforrester420 (3480 posts) -

@plageus900 said:

@bforrester420 said:

@plageus900 said:

@bforrester420 said:

@reaper4278 said:

Sounds about right.

Of course, I generalize the demographics of the left and the right, but the left does skew young and idealistic while the right tends to be older and more pragmatic.

When the professor said that her violent actions were triggered and that she had a moral right to act the way she did, she reduced herself to something below a human being.

Oh, I'm not offering any rationalization for the professor's behavior. In fact, being an adult, I find her behavior to be additionally deplorable. I can understand, not to say condone, that behavior out of a young, emotional hot-head protesting some great social injustice. I cannot understand that behavior out of what should be a mature, rational adult.

I probably shouldn't have said "violent" in as much as I meant behavior likely to get one arrested.

#56 Edited by bforrester420 (3480 posts) -

@reaper4278 said:

@bforrester420 said:

@plageus900 said:

@bforrester420 said:

@reaper4278 said:

Sounds about right.

Of course, I generalize the demographics of the left and the right, but the left does skew young and idealistic (emotional) while the right tends to be older and more pragmatic.

Your last sentence shows a glimmer of rationale and brilliance anyway.

Open your mind and agree with me, right? Kind of the way of the liberal.

Oh, I definitely lean left-of-center, politically and socially. I would categorize myself as a fiscal conservative and social liberal (left-leaning libertarian) I've noticed that the older I get (I'm 35), the closer to the center I've moved.

I was being mostly satirical in calling conservatives "middle-aged, white pussies". In the same vein liberals are "godless, pot smoking commies". I hold common ground with conservatives on fiscal issues and liberals on social issues.

#58 Posted by GazaAli (25216 posts) -

@plageus900: I really like you

#59 Posted by chaplainDMK (7004 posts) -

@plageus900 said:

@bforrester420 said:

@plageus900 said:

@bforrester420 said:

@reaper4278 said:

Sounds about right.

I'd send her to the shrink if opposing opinions "trigger" shit like this in her :D

#60 Posted by thegerg (18113 posts) -

@bforrester420: Let's try to avoid blanket generalizations here. There certainly are conservatives that mind the war and the death penalty.

#61 Edited by CJL13 (19137 posts) -

So she's a feminist, yet attacked a female who disagreed with her? What a bitch.

#62 Posted by thegerg (18113 posts) -

@jsolidus: *feminists

#63 Edited by one_plum (6496 posts) -

@CJL13 said:

So she's a feminist, yet attacked a female who disagreed with her? What a bitch.

Everybody misses sometimes.

#64 Edited by undergroundLPx (710 posts) -

One of those rare cases where I side with the person being accused and recorded. These activists can be truly annoying and if I am not mistaken, they are not students from the university.

That girl deserved what she got.

#65 Posted by Master_Live (18811 posts) -

@chaplainDMK said:

@Master_Live said:

@chaplainDMK said:

@reaper4278 said:

And quite frankly I'd say the right is borderline insane in the US, the left seems to be atleast normal.

You will really have to get better response pics/gifs if you want to be understood.

No need to spoil the fun. From a certain point of view, that is what Obi-wan told Luke. I read your statement and knew that in your heart you believe it to be true. But then another reasonable person might see things diametrically different, to the right as normal and the left as borderline insane but some people (not necessarily you) can't be sufficiently intellectually honest to admit that the other side position might not come out spite and hate but from a good place. This is why the US so divided right know, not only you think the right is wrong but mentally ill or "insane". From a certain point of view.

#66 Edited by plageus900 (2234 posts) -

@GazaAli said:

I...I don't know what to say.

#67 Posted by GazaAli (25216 posts) -

@plageus900 said:

@GazaAli said:

I...I don't know what to say.

#68 Posted by thegerg (18113 posts) -

@undergroundLPx: So it's okay to physically assault someone I find annoying who isn't a college student?

#69 Edited by bforrester420 (3480 posts) -

@thegerg: Generalizations are generally true.

#71 Edited by Master_Live (18811 posts) -

@bforrester420 said:

Only 73% of the time.

#72 Posted by bforrester420 (3480 posts) -

@Master_Live said:

@bforrester420 said:

Only 73% of the time.

73% of the time they're right all of the time.

#73 Posted by trasherhead (3058 posts) -

Pro-Life is just a fucking buzz word that people use to excuse interfering in other peoples private life.

These are the same people who are against universal health care, contraception(which is just a baffling contradiction), helping the poor and have no problem sending young people off to die in war.

#74 Posted by Master_Live (18811 posts) -

@bforrester420 said:

@Master_Live said:

@bforrester420 said:

Only 73% of the time.

73% of the time they're right all of the time.

Touche.

#75 Posted by gamerguru100 (12680 posts) -

"Designated free speech area"

What the ****, California?

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
#76 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (18733 posts) -

Agreed, feminists are just the worst.

#77 Posted by lostrib (49999 posts) -

@gamerguru100 said:

You've never heard of time, place, and manner restrictions

#78 Edited by GreySeal9 (28247 posts) -

@undergroundLPx said:

One of those rare cases where I side with the person being accused and recorded. These activists can be truly annoying and if I am not mistaken, they are not students from the university.

Uh no. The girl did not deserve to be attacked.

The only scenario in which she would deserve to be attacked is if she attacked first or was endangering others.

#79 Posted by lostrib (49999 posts) -

@GreySeal9 said:

@undergroundLPx said:

Nope, you heard him. The barrier for assault and battery is if people are "annoying." Also, all annoying people have now had their right to free speech removed as well

#80 Posted by Master_Live (18811 posts) -

@gamerguru100 said:

What do you mean?

#81 Edited by GreySeal9 (28247 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@GreySeal9 said:

@undergroundLPx said:

Nope, you heard him. The barrier for assault and battery is if people are "annoying." Also, all annoying people have now had their right to free speech removed as well

Well, the latter might be kind of tempting, lol.

j/k. Some people on this forum seriously need to grow up.

#82 Edited by gamerguru100 (12680 posts) -

@Master_Live said:

@gamerguru100 said:

What do you mean?

It just sounds fucked up.

#83 Posted by SolidSnake35 (58718 posts) -

Student protests are always an embarrassment. Sadly, those young go getters will probably find themselves in politics later on. No wonder we're screwed.

#84 Posted by lostrib (49999 posts) -

@gamerguru100 said:

@Master_Live said:

@gamerguru100 said:

What do you mean?

why?

#85 Posted by Nibroc420 (13571 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@gamerguru100 said:

@Master_Live said:

@gamerguru100 said:

What do you mean?

why?

Well, it's like if instead of "No Parking" signs, they put out signs saying "You can park here".

A "designated free speech area" suggests that outside this "designated area" free speech is not allowed, or not tolerated...Which is ridiculous.
What do they do, draw a circle in the pavement, and you're only allowed to share your thoughts and feelings without being oppressed while standing inside that circle?

It's not like Free Speech is a part of the constitution or anything...

#86 Posted by lostrib (49999 posts) -

@Nibroc420 said:

@lostrib said:

@gamerguru100 said:

@Master_Live said:

@gamerguru100 said:

What do you mean?

why?

Well, it's like if instead of "No Parking" signs, they put out signs saying "You can park here".

A "designated free speech area" suggests that outside this "designated area" free speech is not allowed, or not tolerated...Which is ridiculous.

What do they do, draw a circle in the pavement, and you're only allowed to share your thoughts and feelings without being oppressed while standing inside that circle?

Yeah, and it's not like there are Time, Place, and Manner limitations on free speech.

Also, although there may be areas designated for free speech, any area open to the public should be available for free speech (buildings are not considered open to the public), as long as the exercise of Free Speech does not disrupt the campus

#87 Posted by Nibroc420 (13571 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@Nibroc420 said:

@lostrib said:

@gamerguru100 said:

@Master_Live said:

@gamerguru100 said:

What do you mean?

why?

Yeah, and it's not like there are Time, Place, and Manner limitations on free speech.

Also, although there may be areas designated for free speech, any area open to the public should be available for free speech (buildings are not considered open to the public), as long as the exercise of Free Speech does not disrupt the campus

Having areas designated for free speech, implies that other areas, which are not marked "Designated Free Speech Zones" do not allow free speech.
It gives someone the opportunity to say "Hey, you can't say that here. What do you think this is, a free speech zone? Free speech isn't allowed here"

Then, slowly but surely, it'll be like 1984.

#88 Posted by lostrib (49999 posts) -

@Nibroc420 said:

@lostrib said:

@Nibroc420 said:

@lostrib said:

@gamerguru100 said:

@Master_Live said:

@gamerguru100 said:

What do you mean?

why?

Having areas designated for free speech, implies that other areas, which are not marked "Designated Free Speech Zones" do not allow free speech.

It gives someone the opportunity to say "Hey, you can't say that here. What do you think this is, a free speech zone? Free speech isn't allowed here"

Then, slowly but surely, it'll be like 1984.

except UCSB allows free speech in areas open to the public.

#89 Posted by Gaming-Planet (18227 posts) -

I'm guessing this feminist believes women have have the right to have an abortion?

Wow, this is tumblr in the act.

Avatar image for deactivated-5985f1128b98f
#90 Edited by deactivated-5985f1128b98f (1914 posts) -

@GazaAli said:

She'll most likely be convicted and maybe get herself a criminal record. It goes without saying that she'll be fired too. In short her life has been ruined, now she has all the time in the world to be angry and to yell all the time.

You may be right, but don't bet on it. She's likely to get a slap on the wrist. And if she is tenured, she will get to keep her job.

One thing is for damn sure; The Obama-Holder Justice Dept will NOT be filing any civil rights charges against her.

Avatar image for deactivated-5985f1128b98f
#91 Posted by deactivated-5985f1128b98f (1914 posts) -

This demonstrates the general lie that is liberal/democratic "tolerance". They don't tolerate opposing views and what they expect from those of us who disagree with them is acceptance, not just tolerance.

Keep an eye on this folks. This bitch will not suffer any real consequences for her actions. If she does actually lose her university job, she'll get hired by OFA.

#92 Posted by jimkabrhel (15624 posts) -

@collegeboy64 said:

@GazaAli said:

She'll most likely be convicted and maybe get herself a criminal record. It goes without saying that she'll be fired too. In short her life has been ruined, now she has all the time in the world to be angry and to yell all the time.

You may be right, but don't bet on it. She's likely to get a slap on the wrist. And if she is tenured, she will get to keep her job.

One thing is for damn sure; The Obama-Holder Justice Dept will NOT be filing any civil rights charges against her.

The idea that tenured professor will never get fired is a misconception. If she's been convicted of a crime, and that's likely in this case, she can easily be fired.

And yes, there are certainly intolerant liberals out there, as has already been mentioned in this thread. When both sides refuse to see the other's point of view is when we have arguments and violence like what this professor has done.

You referring to her as "bitch" doesn't help matters. You are just playing into the intolerant conservative stereotype when you use language like that.

I'm glad to have a healthy debate with someone who is conservative; I do so often with people I respect. If you look at many of the conservative posters here, for example, the term "libtard" gets thrown around far too often for my taste. I may be liberal but I'm not "retarded", "anti-American", or any other descriptor that's applied to liberals.

#93 Posted by nomsayin (1346 posts) -
@deeliman said:

The College Fix reported on March 12 that department of feminist studies professor Mireille Miller-Young, whose research emphasis is black studies, pornography, and sex work,

smh smh smh smh

Sad that we call the people that teach subjects like these "professors"

#94 Posted by thegerg (18113 posts) -

@nomsayin said:
@deeliman said:

The College Fix reported on March 12 that department of feminist studies professor Mireille Miller-Young, whose research emphasis is black studies, pornography, and sex work,

smh smh smh smh

Sad that we call the people that teach subjects like these "professors"

Why? Do you know what that word means?

#95 Posted by HailtotheQueen (290 posts) -

Yeah but who hasn't had the urge to punch one of those people in the face? Especially the ones who protest outside clinics and harass people going inside, calling them every name imaginable. I remember the story from a few years ago of the couple that was going to a clinic after a miscarriage and the idiots were chanting some stupidity about "dead babies" and the police had to restrain the husband. Who can blame him?

These extremists just try to bully everyone and use emotional guilt tactics because its the only thing they can do. Their hypocritical arguments don't hold any weight with most rational people. So anyway, I don't feel sorry for them when someone gets mad and reacts. I wouldn't feel sorry for them even if a speeding bus lost control and ran over a few dozen of them. *shrugs*

#96 Edited by sherman-tank1 (8315 posts) -

@hailtothequeen: Then you are just as bad as them if you think that way. And there are plenty of rational arguments to be made for both sides. Maybe you should take a class on hypocrisy.

#97 Posted by lostrib (49999 posts) -

@hailtothequeen said:

Yeah but who hasn't had the urge to punch one of those people in the face? Especially the ones who protest outside clinics and harass people going inside, calling them every name imaginable. I remember the story from a few years ago of the couple that was going to a clinic after a miscarriage and the idiots were chanting some stupidity about "dead babies" and the police had to restrain the husband. Who can blame him?

These extremists just try to bully everyone and use emotional guilt tactics because its the only thing they can do. Their hypocritical arguments don't hold any weight with most rational people. So anyway, I don't feel sorry for them when someone gets mad and reacts. I wouldn't feel sorry for them even if a speeding bus lost control and ran over a few dozen of them. *shrugs*

*facepalm*

#98 Posted by HailtotheQueen (290 posts) -

@sherman-tank1 said:

@hailtothequeen: Then you are just as bad as them if you think that way. And there are plenty of rational arguments to be made for both sides. Maybe you should take a class on hypocrisy.

Hypocritical? Really? You don't see me standing outside churches harassing people as they go in... LOL Most of the nonsense you hear from pro-lifers is hardly rational, its usually religious garbage or attempts to lay guilt-trips on everyone.

I'm not promoting violence but I wouldn't feel the slightest bit of pity for these people when someone punches them. If people want to be belligerent idiots and harass others, then don't expect any sympathy from me.

#99 Posted by lostrib (49999 posts) -

@hailtothequeen said:

@sherman-tank1 said:

Hypocritical? Really? You don't see me standing outside churches harassing people as they go in... LOL Most of the nonsense you hear from pro-lifers is hardly rational, its usually religious garbage or attempts to lay guilt-trips on everyone.

I'm not promoting violence but I wouldn't feel the slightest bit of pity for these people when someone punches them. If people want to be belligerent idiots and harass others, then don't expect any sympathy from me.

But there are no accounts of the pro-life teens being belligerent or harassing others. they just had a sign and were passing out literature. It was the professor who acted inappropriately and violently

#100 Posted by HailtotheQueen (290 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@hailtothequeen said:

@sherman-tank1 said:

But there are no accounts of the pro-life teens being belligerent or harassing others. they just had a sign and were passing out literature. It was the professor who acted inappropriately and violently

A sign with photos of dead fetuses.... lol That is hardly an innocent sign. If you do something that you know can provoke a reaction then don't be surprised if it happens. Its a cheap tactic and pretty pathetic. Its what most extremist groups use because they generally have no rational arguments.