Feds to recognize same sex marriages in all states

This topic is locked from further discussion.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By br0kenrabbit
Member since 2004 • 17865 Posts

Story

I'm so looking forward to seeing some RWNJ heads pop. :-p

Yeah OT, how's this going to go down in your neck of the woods? Here in the Bible Belt I'm expecting sermons and lawsuits.

Progress is inevitable, but so are the complaints.

vl4d_l3nin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#2 vl4d_l3nin
Member since 2013 • 3702 Posts

Fabulous!

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts

The sky hasn't fallen, weird.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#4 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

Good.

Avatar image for chessmaster1989
chessmaster1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#5 chessmaster1989
Member since 2008 • 30203 Posts

Good news

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 dave123321
Member since 2003 • 35553 Posts

Cool

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36044 Posts

So this week's news ought to be fun then.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

Yeah but what about states' rights? States should be able to discriminate all they want because states' rights and something something freedom.

vl4d_l3nin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By vl4d_l3nin
Member since 2013 • 3702 Posts

@Aljosa23 said:

Yeah but what about states' rights? States should be able to discriminate all they want because states' rights and something something freedom.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLLDn7MjbF0

and justice for all!

BluRayHiDef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 BluRayHiDef
Member since 2009 • 10839 Posts

I'm an agnostic atheist, so I don't believe in objective morality. Hence, I won't say that homosexuality is objectively wrong. Furthermore, I I believe that people should be allowed to do whatever they want so as long they aren't harming anyone or forcing others to do so. Hence, I think homosexuals should be able to live freely and have the right to marry. However, as a believer in science and subsequently evolution, I think homosexuality is abnormal and is counterproductive to the purpose of every species, which is to propagate itself (i.e. reproduce).

In regard to the right to adopt children, I don't think homosexuals should have that right. Children can be produced by only heterosexual relationships, so why should homosexuals have the right to adopt them when their type of relationship makes it impossible to produce them? Before any of you analogize homosexuals adopting children to infertile heterosexuals adopting children, keep in mind that aside from infertility, an infertile heterosexual couple is otherwise the type of couple that could produce a child.

I know that some, or perhaps most, of you will disagree with what I've said here, but this is my honest opinion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

@BluRayHiDef said:

In regard to the right to adopt children, I don't think homosexuals should have that right. Children can be produced by only heterosexual relationships, so why should homosexuals have the right to adopt them when their type of relationship makes it impossible to produce them? Before any of you analogize homosexuals adopting children to infertile heterosexuals adopting children, keep in mind that aside from infertility, an infertile heterosexual couple is otherwise the type of couple that could produce a child.

I know that some, or perhaps most, of you will disagree with what I've said here, but this is my honest opinion.

Why the heck does it matter if they are incapable of producing children? Are surrogate pregnancies not legit to you? As long as the child has a loving home, I really do not see why science should supersede the needs of the child. Just seems like another way to stick it to gay people while hurting children at the same time.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 br0kenrabbit

@BluRayHiDef said:

However, as a believer in science and subsequently evolution, I think homosexuality is abnormal and is counterproductive to the purpose of every species, which is to propagate itself (i.e. reproduce).

Homosexual animal pairs have been known to adopt orphaned offspring. As a believer in science and evolution, you must also believe that all observed natural behavior is as so because millions of years of evolution has said "this works well enough to keep around."

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 dave123321

Is the link back to the forum board not working for anyone else

deeliman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 deeliman
Member since 2013 • 4027 Posts

@BluRayHiDef said:

I'm an agnostic atheist, so I don't believe in objective morality. Hence, I won't say that homosexuality is objectively wrong. Furthermore, I I believe that people should be allowed to do whatever they want so as long they aren't harming anyone or forcing others to do so. Hence, I think homosexuals should be able to live freely and have the right to marry. However, as a believer in science and subsequently evolution, I think homosexuality is abnormal and is counterproductive to the purpose of every species, which is to propagate itself (i.e. reproduce).

That's the same like saying that aside from being the same gender, a gay couple is otherwise the type of couple that could produce a child.

BluRayHiDef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 BluRayHiDef

@br0kenrabbit

I knew that someone would analogize homosexuals adopting children or homosexuality in general to the practice of animals. The presence of such behavior in animals makes it no less abnormal. Lions commit infanticide; would you argue that it's okay for Humans to do the same? Dogs eat their own feces; would you argue that it's not disgusting for Humans to do the same?

BluRayHiDef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 BluRayHiDef

I wonder why OT is so liberal.

deeliman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 deeliman
Member since 2013 • 4027 Posts

@BluRayHiDef said:

@br0kenrabbit

I knew that someone would analogize homosexuals adopting children or homosexuality in general to the practice of animals. The presence of such behavior in animals makes it no less abnormal. Lions commit infanticide; would you argue that it's okay for Humans to do the same? Dogs eat their own feces; would you argue that it's not disgusting for Humans to do the same?

You completely missed the point though.

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 dave123321

@BluRayHiDef: but you made an appeal to nature just a little bit ago

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 br0kenrabbit

@BluRayHiDef said:

@br0kenrabbit

We don't have those instincts. Sure, some people kill babies, but it's not their instinct that leads them to do so. Some people do, however, have the instinct to be attracted to the same sex.

A trait that appears across a wide array of species is no accident.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 br0kenrabbit

@BluRayHiDef said:

Most of us have caught on to the doublespeak. You know, 'states rights' and all that.

Makhaidos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Makhaidos
Member since 2013 • 2162 Posts

With that part of DOMA gone, the feds really have no choice in the matter. Still, this is good news, and it won't be long before we have gay marriage in all fifty states as well.

Barbariser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#22  Edited By Barbariser
Member since 2009 • 6785 Posts

Did BluRay really just argue that same-sex marriage can't be compared to marriage between infertile people when it comes to babymaking because infertile couples wouldn't be infertile if you ignored the fact that they are infertile? O.o

V3rciS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By V3rciS
Member since 2011 • 2241 Posts

@BluRayHiDef said:

As an Atheist myself I'm actually happy for this news because it's a big blow to backwards church and various religious organizations. However I do not agree on the part where you say it's abnormal and counter-productive, sure it is abnormal in a way but I don't think it's counter-productive simply because homosexual people are a small fraction of our population, them not producing offspring is simply an insignificant blow to our number. Actually for now under current circumstances we should slow down with reproduction until we find more resources which are renewable and can last longer without harming our environment. Also on the longer scale we should try colonizing other planets, this is not important or a must thing today but eventually overpopulation can affect us and at some point in the future it should be done.

Regarding the children adoption I agree but only on the principal that it can affect the child negatively by having two parents of the same sex. Children at the very young age are very sensitive psychologically. Anything not common can have a bad influence on them.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b19214ec908b
deactivated-5b19214ec908b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 deactivated-5b19214ec908b
Member since 2007 • 25072 Posts

@V3rciS said:

@BluRayHiDef said:

Regarding the children adoption I agree but only on the principal that it can affect the child negatively by having two parents of the same sex. Children at the very young age are very sensitive psychologically. Anything not common can have a bad influence on them.

Numerous studies have been done on this and there is no evidence to suggest that is true.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23046 Posts

@Barbariser said:

Did BluRay really just argue that same-sex marriage can't be compared to marriage between infertile people when it comes to babymaking because infertile couples wouldn't be infertile if you ignored the fact that they are infertile? O.o

*weeps*

Avatar image for MakeMeaSammitch
MakeMeaSammitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 MakeMeaSammitch
Member since 2012 • 4889 Posts

@BluRayHiDef said:

I'm not sure if it is, every time a poll on something dividing along conservative/liberal lines is put up, the numbers are always close.

To be blunt, I think social cons are just sorta a bunch of pussies, and don't voice their opinions.

Makhaidos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Makhaidos
Member since 2013 • 2162 Posts

@toast_burner said:

@V3rciS said:

@BluRayHiDef said:

Numerous studies have been done on this and there is no evidence to suggest that is true.

You get your science and your facts out of here, you.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36044 Posts
@Makhaidos said:

@toast_burner said:

@V3rciS said:

@BluRayHiDef said:

I'd like to point out that even if what V3rciS said is true (which in the case of adoption it's really not) you would have to way the potential psychological damage of having two parents of the same sex against the psychological damage of having no parents, no real life guidance (aside from public school), no emotional support from adults, etc. I guarantee you that having family bringing up a child is going to give the child a better situation in life 99.9% of the time.

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts

@Barbariser said:

Its awesome logic. Short people would be exactly like tall people if we ignored the fact that they're short! Brilliant!

Avatar image for girlshavefuntoo
girlshavefuntoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By girlshavefuntoo
Member since 2013 • 125 Posts

We should be allowed to wed and adopt. Good to see that the US is starting to understand that.

Crunchy_Nuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Crunchy_Nuts
Member since 2010 • 2749 Posts

I'm not sure how I feel about this. I'm scared this might turn me gay any minute now.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38683 Posts

@Crunchy_Nuts said:

I'm not sure how I feel about this. I'm scared this might turn me gay any minute now.

i heard you can catch gay just seeing a homosexual couple kiss

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@BluRayHiDef said:

@BluRayHiDef said:

And we wonder how you are so stupid

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

@BluRayHiDef said:

you're so full of shit your ass is jealous

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@wis3boi said:

@BluRayHiDef said:

you're so full of shit your ass is jealous

Burn!

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44605 Posts

Now the American family is destroyed!!

Anyhow, now with the gay agenda off the table the GOP has more time to spend earning the female demographics by restricting birth control and reproductive rights.

Santesyu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#37  Edited By Santesyu
Member since 2008 • 4451 Posts

Glad there are progression for LGBT well I should say just the gays, they deserve equality. I hope the same one day will be for Transgender people aswell.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b797108c254e
deactivated-5b797108c254e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#38 deactivated-5b797108c254e
Member since 2013 • 11245 Posts

@BluRayHiDef said:

However, as a believer in science and subsequently evolution, I think homosexuality is abnormal and is counterproductive to the purpose of every species, which is to propagate itself (i.e. reproduce).

Seems like nature's way to combat overpopulation to me.

In all seriousness now, everybody should have the freedom to be gay, to not be gay, to be loving, to have a child (either by conceiving, adopting, whatever) and live their life without being worried about what people think of what you do in your bedroom or who you're kissing in the street. It's none of their damn business...