FBI: More people killed by hands and feet than rifles in 2010

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by vfibsux (4497 posts) -

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in-the-u.s/2010/crime-in-the-u.s.-2010/tables/10shrtbl08.xls

The assault rifle ban is a scapegoat, deal with the real issue of mental health.

#2 Posted by Ingenemployee (2307 posts) -

Time to ban martial arts!

Avatar image for deactivated-598fc45371265
#3 Posted by deactivated-598fc45371265 (13247 posts) -

Time to ban martial arts!

Ingenemployee

Time to ban hands and feet.

#4 Posted by KiIIyou (27180 posts) -
I'll shoot them with my finga!
#5 Posted by dave123321 (35357 posts) -
Grumpy Dave is upset about this thread
#6 Posted by JML897 (33134 posts) -
I can't even wrap my head around how bad this thread is
#7 Posted by KiIIyou (27180 posts) -
I can't even wrap my head around how bad this thread isJML897
Don't try bending that thing now.
#8 Posted by mariokart64fan (20694 posts) -

well technically you do need hands to operate a rifle, . your point here?

how about parenting? im sure some of the killings could be prevented with proper parenting . eg you control what kids watch play read or listen to alot more , restrict the tv for certain amount of hours,

watch where they go make sure they hang in the right groups/friends, even at school , the teachers need to start making sure all thier students are not doing bad habbits, this extends to middle school and high school as well

if your kid is so out of hand its time for some boot camp or hard discipline! (the good ol, american Whoopin ,) belt accross the padded jean back , no skin (looking at you abusers) or how about a week grounding , all these techniques of discipline yet very few parents resort to them , instead they either abuse their kid or just let them run their lives and do what ever it is they want

#9 Posted by toast_burner (24932 posts) -

What about hand guns?

Avatar image for deactivated-598fc45371265
#10 Posted by deactivated-598fc45371265 (13247 posts) -

well technically you do need hands to operate a rifle,

mariokart64fan

more reason to ban hands.

#11 Posted by nocoolnamejim (15136 posts) -
I can't even wrap my head around how bad this thread isJML897
#12 Posted by ScorpionTroll (810 posts) -

We ned a ban on rifles of any kind like we need a ban on violent video games. We don't.

#13 Posted by VoodooHak (15989 posts) -

well technically you do need hands to operate a rifle, . your point here?

how about parenting? im sure some of the killings could be prevented with proper parenting . eg you control what kids watch play read or listen to alot more , restrict the tv for certain amount of hours,

watch where they go make sure they hang in the right groups/friends, even at school , the teachers need to start making sure all thier students are not doing bad habbits, this extends to middle school and high school as well

if your kid is so out of hand its time for some boot camp or hard discipline! (the good ol, american Whoopin ,) belt accross the padded jean back , no skin (looking at you abusers) or how about a week grounding , all these techniques of discipline yet very few parents resort to them , instead they either abuse their kid or just let them run their lives and do what ever it is they want

mariokart64fan

Absolutely.

The very least a parent can do is pay attention to what their kid does. Only then can a parent make informed decisions on what boundaries to set and what behaviors to encourage.

#14 Posted by Wasdie (53500 posts) -

Let's just keep this in the gun control debate topic.