Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

Story breaking now...

The FBI will investigate whether additional classified material is contained in emails sent using Hillary Clinton’s private email server while she was secretary of state, FBI director James Comey informed Congressional leaders Friday.

The announcement appears to restart the FBI’s probe of Clinton’s server, less than two weeks before the presidential election, an explosive development that could shape the campaign’s final days.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/fbi-to-conduct-new-investigation-of-emails-from-clintons-private-server/2016/10/28/0b1e9468-9d31-11e6-9980-50913d68eacb_story.html?hpid=hp_no-name_no-name%3Apage%2Fbreaking-news-bar&tid=a_breakingnews

Should be an interesting turn in the final 11 days. I wonder what they have found.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23912 Posts

Hmm, this could be pretty bad PR for Clinton, and could influence voting habits of the american people.

In any case, if they they find sufficient evidence to charge her, they should. But we will see what happens.

skipper847

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#3 skipper847
Member since 2006 • 7334 Posts

Bill is more worried he just got to get back into the white house again and order a sarnie at 4am for lolz.

sayyy-gaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 sayyy-gaa
Member since 2002 • 5850 Posts

So many twists and turns as we approach the final days of the election. Women who purportedly were violated by Trump years ago start appearing this month...and now the FBI is going to reopen the email probe.

AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5  Edited By AFBrat77
Member since 2004 • 26848 Posts

Pretty sad if Trump and Russia win this election.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts

Trump just won the election.

AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By AFBrat77

@n64dd:

We shall see, that would be a sad day for America if he does. The Dow Jones just dropped 150 points as Trump may have a better chance.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#8 GreySeal9
Member since 2010 • 28247 Posts

@n64dd said:

lol. Wouldn't get too excited if I were you. They would actually have to find something to swing him the election at this point. Simply re-opening the investigation does mean that Trump suddenly overcomes his massive polling deficit.

Ish_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Ish_basic
Member since 2002 • 5051 Posts

@sayyy-gaa said:

So many twists and turns as we approach the final days of the election. Women who purportedly were violated by Trump years ago start appearing this month...and now the FBI is going to reopen the email probe.

you could set this whole month to the control tower scenes from Airplane.

I'm sure if there's anything interesting a congressman will accidentally leak it.

OmniChris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 OmniChris
Member since 2016 • 413 Posts

I'd like to say this is good news but it is the corrupt FBI that allowed her to get off scot-free go begin with.

http://www.thepoliticalinsider.com/hillary-fbi-bribe-500k-confirmed/

All it takes a 500k bribe and Hillary can get away with murder.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Maroxad

I really hope Clinton goes to court over this. I can see 3 possible outcomes from it.

1. Clinton is found guilty and goes to prison for a crime she commited.
  2. Clinton is found not guilty and the lock her up crowd will finally shut up.
  3. Clinton is found not guilty and the lock her up armchair lawyers will finally be exposed as the intellectually dishonest frauds they (probably) are.
super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#12  Edited By super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

@AFBrat77 said:

They won't. He's still most likely going to lose by 7%+. Nothing will change his fate on November 8th.

Also this news story has nothing to do with hilary clinton according to AP.

https://twitter.com/AP/status/792076790676283392

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts

So we can't even confirm if the emails are even from Hillary? They are just 'related' to their investigation? Looks like we have another wild goose chase on our hands.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e9044657a310
deactivated-5e9044657a310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 deactivated-5e9044657a310
Member since 2005 • 8136 Posts

They've been sitting a new Trump tape.

I'd look for one to come out soon.

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#15 nepu7supastar7
Member since 2007 • 6773 Posts

@omnichris:

Maybe Trump should take a page from that playbook and pay those herassed women to back off and keep their mouths shut.

AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 AFBrat77

@super600:

Yeah, apparently these are not Hillary's e-mails. At least that's good.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

It looks like the NYT may have figured out where the emails came from.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/29/us/politics/fbi-hillary-clinton-email.html?hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=a-lede-package-region®ion=top-news&WT.nav=top-news&_r=0

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 deactivated-5b1e62582e305

LOL Anthony Weiner does it again.

Jak42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Jak42
Member since 2016 • 1093 Posts

At the very least, Clinton needs to lose her security clearance. Which was already universally agreed by those working the case. And is a current recommendation from the FBI director during the investigation.

She's probably having a tantrum that once again. An aid of her's (Weiner's wife), is indirectly casting light on her secrets.

Ish_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Ish_basic

@GreySeal9 said:
@n64dd said:

lol. Wouldn't get too excited if I were you. They would actually have to find something to swing him the election at this point. Simply re-opening the investigation does mean that Trump suddenly overcomes his massive polling deficit.

well, even if Hillary wins there's still the chance of a china-gate effect on the down ballot. At this point Comey's really got to get the info out quickly, especially since certain folks are wasting no time making assumptions. VV See post below this one for details. VV

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts

The denial in this thread is amazing. They wouldn't open it up if they didn't have something, which they do.

I'd like to just say I was right, and people questioning my knowledge on security protocols are about to get owned.

Every news station is saying shes done.

Trump is our next president.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 deactivated-5b1e62582e305

lmao this is fucking nothing. What an embarrassment Comey is right now.

LexLas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#23 LexLas
Member since 2005 • 7317 Posts

@n64dd said:

Um, there are others running you know ? Its not just Clinton and Trumps, although they are the biggest runners in media. I hope he looses to the unknown.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Maroxad

@jak42 said:

At the very least, Clinton needs to lose her security clearance. Which was already universally agreed by those working the case. And is a current recommendation from the FBI director during the investigation.

She's probably having a tantrum that once again. An aid of her's (Weiner's wife), is indirectly casting light on her secrets.

That is what should happen, nothing more, nothing less. Unless there is some law she broke that I am unaware about, that also cannot be negated through other laws.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 deactivated-5b1e62582e305

@Maroxad said:
@jak42 said:

That is what should happen, nothing more, nothing less. Unless there is some law she broke that I am unaware about, that also cannot be negated through other laws.

She's going to be the President in 3 months.... that isn't going to happen lmao.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36039 Posts

I can't see this changing much, hell we don't even know what was in the emails in question. People will absolutely try to make it controversial, but I'm betting it won't stick enough to make enough of a difference in two weeks time.

topgunmv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#27 topgunmv
Member since 2003 • 10880 Posts

Russia did it.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14801 Posts

Good.

Wickerman777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Wickerman777
Member since 2013 • 2164 Posts

@Maroxad said:

Hmm, this could be pretty bad PR for Clinton, and could influence voting habits of the american people.

In any case, if they they find sufficient evidence to charge her, they should. But we will see what happens.

They found enough to charge anyone not named Clinton the first time. When someone is smashing phones with hammers it ain't cuz they're not guilty, lol.

Wickerman777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Wickerman777
Member since 2013 • 2164 Posts
@AFBrat77 said:

Oh yeah, flippin' terrible if we renegotiate NAFTA, stop TPP, stop closing all our manufacturing plants and shipping those jobs overseas, stop trying to start a war with Russia, etc. What a horrible fate, lol.

AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 AFBrat77

@n64dd:

I doubt Trump will win, though it's certainly a possibility. I think she will win, and if she gets indicted after, Tim Kaine will be president, I'm good with that.

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 HoolaHoopMan

@Aljosa23 said:

If this is soooooo important that they're reopening the case then Comey needs to come out and show what they are ASAP. If its just an overblown wild goose chase (which it looks like right now) they Comey is coming off as a hack fueling speculative garbage to the fire.

Ish_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Ish_basic

@HoolaHoopMan said:
@Aljosa23 said:

If this is soooooo important that they're reopening the case then Comey needs to come out and show what they are ASAP. If its just an overblown wild goose chase (which it looks like right now) they Comey is coming off as a hack fueling speculative garbage to the fire.

Some have said it was going to be leaked, so Comey tried to jump in front of it. Supposedly the White House learned about it from TV reporting, if that's any indication how quickly this all precipitated.

It's kind of a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation for him. I think he's gone out of his way to preserve the integrity of the FBI and all he's gotten for it time and again is second guessing and doubt from the junior detectives and political spinsters. One of those things...people are shit at their own jobs but always know how to do everyone else's. Comey is going to have a rough time whoever gets elected, but all of the non-traditional things he's been doing like releasing FBI notes and such shouldn't be read as partisanship so much as defending the organization he runs.

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

Something something, conspiracy conspiracy, Russia Russia, pussy pussy. Hey everyone look at me already! I'm CNN!

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

@jak42 said:

If elected she needs a security clearance. In point of fact Republicans have their own private servers as well. So much tax money wasted on this already....well we know Donald didn't pay for it..........dead beat doesn't pay taxes.

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 HoolaHoopMan

@Ish_basic said:
@HoolaHoopMan said:
@Aljosa23 said:

Some have said it was going to be leaked, so Comey tried to jump in front of it. Supposedly the White House learned about it from TV reporting, if that's any indication how quickly this all precipitated.

It's kind of a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation for him. I think he's gone out of his way to preserve the integrity of the FBI and all he's gotten for it time and again is second guessing and doubt from the junior detectives and political spinsters. One of those things...people are shit at their own jobs but always know how to do everyone else's. Comey is going to have a rough time whoever gets elected, but all of the non-traditional things he's been doing like releasing FBI notes and such shouldn't be read as partisanship so much as defending the organization he runs.

I do understand that he has a job to do, and yes, he's had one hell of a bad year. What comes out of this is yet to be seen. I'm going to reserve judgement until we finally know what we're looking at.

Where did you here about it going to be leaked? Just interested as I haven't had enough time to read much on it yet.

Ish_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Ish_basic

@AFBrat77 said:

I think she will win, and if she gets indicted after, Tim Kaine will be president, I'm good with that.

best of both worlds for the undecided voter. Someone do a commercial.

Ish_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Ish_basic

@HoolaHoopMan said:
@Ish_basic said:
@HoolaHoopMan said:
@Aljosa23 said:

I do understand that he has a job to do, and yes, he's had one hell of a bad year. What comes out of this is yet to be seen. I'm going to reserve judgement until we finally know what we're looking at.

Where did you here about it going to be leaked? Just interested as I haven't had enough time to read much on it yet.

i don't remember. One of the news shows. Another guy, Carl Bernstein, I think, said there had been rumblings over the past few days over some emails among people at higher levels of law enforcement. Coincidentally, Chaffetz, the lead hound in the oversight committee, came out yesterday and said he was voting for Trump after previously saying he was out....or maybe not so coincidentally

Jak42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Jak42
Member since 2016 • 1093 Posts

@LJS9502_basic: Hillary is old enough to take responsibilities for her own actions. And address the issues of her staff. No Republican or Trump is her baby sitter. Or forced her to make a private email server. That's like saying its ok to take a bribe or murder someone because someone else did. Its completely childish and irresponsible behavior. Such thinking would undermine every law we have as a society if made into rule.

You can point a finger at Republicans all you want. But it was Clinton's own staff that destroyed phones and bleached emails. Now she's in trouble because her staff missed disposing of all loose ends (illegally). In this case, being Weiner's wife's phone. And whatever is on that phone, seems enough to recommend a ban from classified debriefings.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 LJS9502_basic

@jak42 said:

@LJS9502_basic: Hillary is old enough to take responsibilities for her own actions. And address the issues of her staff. No Republican or Trump is her baby sitter. Or forced her to make a private email server. That's like saying its ok to take a bribe or murder someone because someone else did. Its completely childish and irresponsible behavior. Such thinking would undermine every law we have as a society if made into rule.

You can point a finger at Republicans all you want. But it was Clinton's own staff that destroyed phones and bleached emails. Now she's in trouble because her staff missed disposing of all loose ends (illegally). In this case, being Weiner's wife's phone. And whatever is on that phone, seems enough to recommend a ban from classified debriefings.

Nice straw man.

JimB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 JimB
Member since 2002 • 3862 Posts

@Maroxad said:

I really hope Clinton goes to court over this. I can see 3 possible outcomes from it.

3. Clinton is found not guilty and the lock her up armchair lawyers will finally be exposed as the intellectually dishonest frauds they (probably) are.

If there is a fair and unbiased investigation and trial she will be convicted. She has clearly broke the law concerning her handling classified information.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By LJS9502_basic

@JimB said:
@Maroxad said:

If there is a fair and unbiased investigation and trial she will be convicted. She has clearly broke the law concerning her handling classified information.

And you know this how? Assumptions and bias aren't facts dude.

Ish_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Ish_basic

@jak42 said:

@LJS9502_basic: Hillary is old enough to take responsibilities for her own actions. And address the issues of her staff. No Republican or Trump is her baby sitter. Or forced her to make a private email server. That's like saying its ok to take a bribe because someone else did. Its completely childish and irresponsible behavior. Such thinking would undermine every law we have as a society if made into rule.

the people recommending that don't actually know what's been found, they are just going back to the same talking point they've had since August.

Nobody knows anything, and that's the problem. Both sides are actually clamoring for more details. Comey's statement very nearly resembled a reality show host saying "we'll find out...after the break." Even Trump's Press guy, Jason Miller, said we need more than this. As I said above, I think Comey was forced into this statement, which also puts him in an awkward position because to clear it up, he'd kind of have to talk about an open investigation, which he can't really do.

But again, as much as we really need to know, Comey is kind of becoming a fall-guy for the deficiencies on both sides. Hillary could have cleared this email thing up awhile ago, but instead she tried to get away with it and all that has done is dragged it out and made her look worse. And if Trump wasn't so terrible, the rep candidate would probably be in the lead at this point anyway and wouldn't need to go around casting aspersions on government institutions.

Avatar image for deactivated-660c2894dc19c
deactivated-660c2894dc19c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 deactivated-660c2894dc19c
Member since 2004 • 2190 Posts

@AFBrat77: Voting Trump would probably save this world. Clinton would mean war with Russia and probably World War 3. That's all I care about.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By LJS9502_basic

@Ish_basic said:

the people recommending that don't actually know what's been found, they are just going back to the same talking point they've had since August.

Nobody knows anything, and that's the problem. Both sides are actually clamoring for more details. Comey's statement very nearly resembled a reality show host saying "we'll find out...after the break." Even Trump's Press guy, Jason Miller, said we need more than this. As I said above, I think Comey was forced into this statement, which also puts him in an awkward position because to clear it up, he'd kind of have to talk about an open investigation, which he can't really do.

But again, as much as we really need to know, Comey is kind of becoming a fall-guy for the deficiencies on both sides. Hillary could have cleared this email thing up awhile ago, but instead she tried to get away with it and all that has done is dragged it out and made her look worse. And if Trump wasn't so terrible, the rep candidate would probably be in the lead at this point anyway and wouldn't need to go around casting aspersions on government institutions.

Why do you think Republicans would be in the lead? That's not a foregone conclusion by any means.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 LJS9502_basic

@Icarian said:

@AFBrat77: Voting Trump would probably save this world. Clinton would mean war with Russia and probably World War 3. That's all I care about.

Trump? Have you listened to him? He says he loves war. His words tend to be violent. How you can compare him to a pacifist is beyond me. Then again I don't think his supporters are big on facts anyway.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#47 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38035 Posts

CNN has broke this: US Official has stated the emails that are being investigated did NOT get sent from Clinton's private server. So that points to them being sent from her government server. And if that's the case, the FBI and entire government has had copies of these emails since they were sent.

What I am loving is how awesome and trustful Comey and the FBI are today according to Trump supporters. Yesterday back to July the FBI and Justice Department were corrupt. LMAO I keep saying it. According to Trump and his supporters, everything is corrupt and rigged when it isn't to your liking LOL But now? "Good job FBI!!!!" Why would they trust this investigation? They already said these people are corrupt LMAO

Ish_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Ish_basic

@LJS9502_basic said:
@Ish_basic said:

Why do you think Republicans would be in the lead? That's not a foregone conclusion by any means.

You can argue it; it's not really the point. The point is both sides want Comey's head because both sides have issues and blaming him for your own problems in convincing voters isn't fair.

For example, if Hillary just came out right after the NYT story and admitted what she did (like some of her staff and Colin Powell thought she should have done) this wouldn't even be a story right now. People would say she confessed, apologized and she would look more honest. Because she tried to get away with it, there is still this sense in some people that she's hiding something, so those people will always be waiting for it that something to come out. Those people are waiting now, even if all this is nothing. But if she had just gotten in front of it, kept this perception from forming, then when this came out, people would say "oh it's probably nothing," and move on. In fact, it might not have even been announced since the FBI normally doesn't announce that it's starting a probe.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#49 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38035 Posts

@n64dd said:

I believe so. Our country's scores in MAth, Reading, Science show that we are as a whole, a stupid country. And like I believed Obama got African Americans that usually don't vote to come out, I believe Trump's rhetoric has motivated red knecks and hill billy's to vote for the first time.

I have $175 bet on Trump, but another $200 on him not finishing his 4 years because he'll get frustrated that congress will not work with him.

Avatar image for deactivated-660c2894dc19c
deactivated-660c2894dc19c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 deactivated-660c2894dc19c
Member since 2004 • 2190 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:
@Icarian said:

Trump? Have you listened to him? He says he loves war. His words tend to be violent. How you can compare him to a pacifist is beyond me. Then again I don't think his supporters are big on facts anyway.

Trump is willing to negotiate with Putin and doesn't want war with Russia. Clinton wants no-fly zone in Syria which would lead to war with Russia. Clinton has been clearly more aggressive warmonger from these two.