Favourite verse from the Bible

• 64 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Mercury_May2112
Mercury_May2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Mercury_May2112
Member since 2007 • 2507 Posts

Mine has to be 2 Kings 2:23-24

And he went up from thence unto Bethel: and as he was going up by the way, there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head. And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the Lord. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them.

I would love to have the ability to summon bears to maul the people I don't like. What's yours?

imaps3fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 imaps3fanboy
Member since 2009 • 11169 Posts

"jesus wept"

MgamerBD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 MgamerBD
Member since 2006 • 17550 Posts
Don't know which verse or chapter. But when it says "Go forth and multiply" Till this day I follow the verse with a passion.
metroidprime55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 metroidprime55
Member since 2008 • 17657 Posts

*in Liam Neeson voice* "I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end"

kerrman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 kerrman
Member since 2003 • 2904 Posts

*in Leiem Neesim voice* "I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end"

metroidprime55

I think you mean Liam Neeson..

Oh and I don't have one, I've never read the Bible nor will I ever.

Konekomaru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Konekomaru
Member since 2011 • 343 Posts

Deuteronomy 25:11-12
If two men are fighting and the wife of one of them comes to rescue her husband from his assailant, and she reaches out and seizes him by his private parts, you shall cut off her hand. Show her no pity.

Engrish_Major

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Engrish_Major
Member since 2007 • 17373 Posts
Deuteronomy 23:1: "If a man's testicles are crushed or his penis is cut off, he may not be admitted to the assembly of the Lord."
metroidprime55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 metroidprime55
Member since 2008 • 17657 Posts

[QUOTE="metroidprime55"]

*in Liam Neeson voice* "I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end"

kerrman

I think you mean Liam Neeson..

Oh and I don't have one, I've never read the Bible nor will I ever.

Yes, that's who I meant, I don't know how to spell his name.

xxFallenAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 xxFallenAngel
Member since 2011 • 753 Posts

I don't read the Bible often.

nocoolnamejim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#10 nocoolnamejim
Member since 2003 • 15136 Posts
"And he said "Hagar, Sarai's slave girl, where have you come from and where are you going?" She answered, "I'm running away from Sarai, my mistress." The angel of the Lord said to her, "Go back to your mistress and submit to ill treatment at her hands." -Geneses 16: 8-9 Kinky!
richwalker13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 richwalker13
Member since 2007 • 375 Posts

Watch... This is Space. It's sometimes called the final frontier. (Except that of course you can't have a final frontier, because there'd be nothing for it to be a frontier to, but as frontiers go, it's pretty penultimate . . .)

well it's my bible anyway

nocoolnamejim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 nocoolnamejim
A few more odd ones. "On the journey, while they were encamped for the night, the Lord met Moses and would have killed him. But Zipporah picked up a sharp flint, cut off her son's foreskin and touched Moses' privates with it, saying, "You are my bridegroom." So the Lord let Moses alone. It was on that occasion she said, "Blood bridegroom by circumcision!" -Exodus 4: 24-26 "When a man sells his daughter as a slave, she shall not go out as the male slaves do. If she does not please her master, who has designated her for himself, then he shall let her be redeemed; he shall have no right to sell her to a foreign people, since he has dealt faithlessly with her. If he designates her for his son, he shall deal with her as with a daughter." -Exodus 21: 7-10 -
ferrari2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#13 ferrari2001
Member since 2008 • 17772 Posts
This is one of them. "Trust in the LORD with all your heart and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight.." -Proverbs 3:5
stanleycup98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#14 stanleycup98
Member since 2006 • 6144 Posts
"Then Judah said to Onan, "Go in to your brother's wife, and perform your duty as a brother-in-law to her, and raise up offspring for your brother." Onan knew that the offspring would not be his; so when he went in to his brother's wife, he wasted his seed on the ground in order not to give offspring to his brother. But what he did was displeasing in the sight of the Lord; so He took his life also." - Genesis 38:8-10
Deihjan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 Deihjan
Member since 2008 • 30213 Posts
I resent the bible, Christianity and all it has wrought.
spazzx625

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#16 spazzx625
Member since 2004 • 43433 Posts
Ezekiel 23:20 There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses.
Upparoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Upparoom
Member since 2010 • 2111 Posts

You can't go wrong with the weird stuff Cracked finds:

:lol:

nocoolnamejim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 nocoolnamejim
[QUOTE="spazzx625"]Ezekiel 23:20 There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses.

Oooh! Nice choice!
spazzx625

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#19 spazzx625
Member since 2004 • 43433 Posts
[QUOTE="nocoolnamejim"][QUOTE="spazzx625"]Ezekiel 23:20 There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses.

Oooh! Nice choice!

I personally like the distinction between donkey and horse emissions.
Avatar image for deactivated-5d1cb98d088e5
deactivated-5d1cb98d088e5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 deactivated-5d1cb98d088e5
Member since 2009 • 4084 Posts

[QUOTE="nocoolnamejim"][QUOTE="spazzx625"]Ezekiel 23:20 There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses. spazzx625
Oooh! Nice choice!

Hey mr. Mod, I don't mean to tell you how to do your job, but haven't you gone a little off topic?

nocoolnamejim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 nocoolnamejim

[QUOTE="spazzx625"][QUOTE="nocoolnamejim"] Oooh! Nice choice!BATTOSAI76

Hey mr. Mod, I don't mean to tell you how to do your job, but haven't you gone a little off topic?

I have reviewed Spazz's contribution and declare his posts to be on-topic since they are discussing the substance of his favorite Bible verse.
bleedingsouls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 bleedingsouls
Member since 2007 • 250 Posts

Genesis 3:2-6
And the woman said to the serpent, "We may eat of the fruit of the trees of the garden; but God said, "You shall not eat of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, neither shall you touch it, lest you die.'" But the serpent said to the woman, "You will not die. For God knows that when you eat of it youreyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil."

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 deactivated-5d1cb98d088e5

[QUOTE="BATTOSAI76"]

[QUOTE="spazzx625"] I personally like the distinction between donkey and horse emissions.nocoolnamejim

I have reviewed Spazz's contribution and declare his posts to be on-topic since they are discussing the substance of his favorite Bible verse.

Ok but he's making a mockery of the thread, and as a matter of fact everyone is, if this were any other thread one of you guys would have closed it down by now.

lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 65

#24 lightleggy
Member since 2008 • 16090 Posts
this thread shouldnt have been made. I like "not by strenght, not by army, but by my spirit" I think its jeremiah 4:6 but im not sure
Harisemo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Harisemo
Member since 2010 • 4133 Posts

should rename the thread to "lets make fun of bible" :|

DreamnDayUnite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 DreamnDayUnite
Member since 2011 • 428 Posts

[QUOTE="nocoolnamejim"][QUOTE="BATTOSAI76"]

BATTOSAI76

Ok but he's making a mockery of the thread, and as a matter of fact everyone is, if this were any other thread one of you guys would have closed it down by now.

Gonna have to agree with Batto here, hes right.
nocoolnamejim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 nocoolnamejim

BATTOSAI76

I understand that some might not like some of the odder Bible quotes being posted, but simply posting them is not making a mockery of the thread.

The whole point to the thread is to post your "favorite" Bible verses. In other words, if their favorites are the silly ones then that isn't a mockery...it's explicitly on-topic. For some, favorite verses align to ones that make you giggle a little bit. For me, for instance, sometimes rejoicing in silliness can make life a little nicer to live. I personally have favorite verses that are beautiful and poetic, and others that just make me scratch my head and say, "...um...what?!" and for different reasons as well.
lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 lightleggy
[QUOTE="BATTOSAI76"]

[QUOTE="nocoolnamejim"] I have reviewed Spazz's contribution and declare his posts to be on-topic since they are discussing the substance of his favorite Bible verse.DreamnDayUnite

Gonna have to agree with Batto here, hes right.

so do I...Im not gonna insult any mod, but im sure that if this werent a religious thread, it would be closed with 3 long chains around it
lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 lightleggy

[QUOTE="BATTOSAI76"]

[QUOTE="nocoolnamejim"] I have reviewed Spazz's contribution and declare his posts to be on-topic since they are discussing the substance of his favorite Bible verse.nocoolnamejim

I understand that some might not like some of the odder Bible quotes being posted, but simply posting them is not making a mockery of the thread.

The whole point to the thread is to post your "favorite" Bible verses. In other words, if their favorites are the silly ones then that isn't a mockery...it's explicitly on-topic. For some, favorite verses align to ones that make you giggle a little bit. For me, for instance, sometimes rejoicing in silliness can make life a little nicer to live. I personally have favorite verses that are beautiful and poetic, and others that just make me scratch my head and say, "...um...what?!" and for different reasons as well.

yeah but...being honest...im sure that if this thread would be something like "your favorite scientifical theory" and if people would start mocking the way they are doing here, it would be closed, and everyone involved in the mockery will be modded

bionicle_lover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 bionicle_lover
Member since 2005 • 4501 Posts

lightleggy

yeah but...being honest...im sure that if this thread would be something like "your favorite scientifical theory" and if people would start mocking the way they are doing here, it would be closed, and everyone involved in the mockery will be modded

actually i dont think so. Because no one would actually be offended by people mocking scientific theories.

DreamnDayUnite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 DreamnDayUnite
Member since 2011 • 428 Posts
[QUOTE="BATTOSAI76"]

[QUOTE="nocoolnamejim"] I have reviewed Spazz's contribution and declare his posts to be on-topic since they are discussing the substance of his favorite Bible verse.nocoolnamejim

I understand that some might not like some of the odder Bible quotes being posted, but simply posting them is not making a mockery of the thread. .

Really? Sounds to me like your mocking the verses and making a joke of the bible.
ultimameteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 ultimameteora
Member since 2003 • 2573 Posts
"And the temple was filled with smoke from the glory of God, and from his power; and no man was able to enter into the temple, till the seven plagues of the seven angels were fulfilled." Revelation 15:8
nocoolnamejim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 nocoolnamejim
[QUOTE="DreamnDayUnite"] Really? Sounds to me like your mocking the verses and making a joke of the bible.

This is the last I'm going to say about this because my next work meeting is coming up in three minutes. The Bible that I have in my hands at this very moment comes in at a staggering 981 pages with small print that makes me squint to read. There's a LOT of stuff in there and some of the material (as posted in this thread) can be a bit head-scratching. The quotes that have been posted in this thread are from the Bible. Unless there is a "Approved List" of quotes that people are or are not allowed to list and that list is freely distributed by the TC, then nothing that has been posted so far is off-topic or out of bounds. This is a public forum and the posts in question are on-topic for the topic in question. People are posting their favorite quotes.

This forum is populated by both believers and non-believers and those two groups have favorite passages for different reasons. If all that is desired is flattering quotes, then a religious union filled only with believers is probably a better place.
MattDistillery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 MattDistillery
Member since 2010 • 969 Posts

I love how it's being deemed there mocking the bible by actually just quoting some of what it says.

Also.

Do not eat anything you find already dead. You may give it to an alien living in any of your towns and he may eat it, or you may sell it to a foreigner…
Deuteronomy 14:21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 deactivated-5d1cb98d088e5

[QUOTE="BATTOSAI76"]

I'm not going to argue with you but this all seems a little juvenile.

Lto_thaG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Lto_thaG
Member since 2006 • 22611 Posts

ITT: People got offended.

Avatar image for Fuhgeddabouditt
Fuhgeddabouditt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Fuhgeddabouditt
Member since 2010 • 5468 Posts
Every time I see people building near the shores, this verse pops up in my head. Matthew 7:26 : And every one that hears these sayings of mine, and does them not, shall be likened to a foolish man, which built his house on the sand:
lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 lightleggy

I love how it's being deemed there mocking the bible by actually just quoting some of what it says.

Also.

Do not eat anything you find already dead. You may give it to an alien living in any of your towns and he may eat it, or you may sell it to a foreigner…
Deuteronomy 14:21

MattDistillery
its different when you quote the passage because you actually liked what it said and when you did it because you would like to have a power to summon bears that will follow your commands
Razor-Lazor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Razor-Lazor
Member since 2009 • 12763 Posts

LOL @ people getting mad in here.

Favorite verse:

Luke 23:46: And speaking in a loud voice, Jesus said, "Father, into your hands I commit my spirit".

Avatar image for Fuhgeddabouditt
Fuhgeddabouditt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Fuhgeddabouditt
Member since 2010 • 5468 Posts

BATTOSAI76

thats nothing new, just ignore it. In most topics involving religion, its a lot worst, offensive, but nothing is usually done about it.

raynimrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 raynimrod
Member since 2005 • 6861 Posts

"Go, now, attack Amalek, and deal with him and all that he has under the ban. Do not spare him, but kill men and women, children and infants, oxen and sheep, camels and asses." (1 Samuel 15:3)

"Then God said: 'Take your son Isaac, your only one, whom you love, and go to the land of Moriah. There you shall offer him up as a holocaust on a height that I will point out to you'."(Genesis 22:2)

"Wives should be subordinate to their husbands as to the Lord." (Ephesians 5:22)

"Slaves, be subject to your masters with all reverence, not only to those who are good and equitable but also to those who are perverse." (1 Peter 2:18 )

All the best bits of the Bible.

ultimameteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 ultimameteora
Member since 2003 • 2573 Posts
We must all remember the bible was written in a different time.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 deactivated-5d1cb98d088e5

[QUOTE="BATTOSAI76"]

[QUOTE="nocoolnamejim"] I understand that some might not like some of the odder Bible quotes being posted, but simply posting them is not making a mockery of the thread.

The whole point to the thread is to post your "favorite" Bible verses. In other words, if their favorites are the silly ones then that isn't a mockery...it's explicitly on-topic. For some, favorite verses align to ones that make you giggle a little bit. For me, for instance, sometimes rejoicing in silliness can make life a little nicer to live. I personally have favorite verses that are beautiful and poetic, and others that just make me scratch my head and say, "...um...what?!" and for different reasons as well.Fuhgeddabouditt

thats nothing new, just ignore it. In most topics involving religion, its a lot worst, offensive, but nothing is usually done about it.

Yeah I know, just giving it a shot. "I fought the mods and the mods won. I fought the mods and the mods won."

TaoJeetKuneDo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 TaoJeetKuneDo
Member since 2010 • 512 Posts
"If a man lies with a male as with a women, both of them shall be put to death for their abominable deed; they have forfeited their lives." Leviticus 20:13 "Whoever sacrifices to any god, except the Lord alone, shall be doomed." Exodus 22:19
MathMattS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#46 MathMattS
Member since 2009 • 4012 Posts

Some of my favorite Bible verses include:

"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life. For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world might be saved through Him. He who believes in Him in not judged; but he who does not believe has been judged already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God."-- John 3:16-18

This lays it all out in black and white-- if you follow Jesus, you're not judged (that is, you're not condemned, and you spend eternity in heaven). If you don't follow Jesus, you're condemned already. Being condemned (and thus spending eternity in hell, being tormented for your sins)-- what a terrible outcome at the end of your life. Especially when you have the reality that God sent His perfect, sinless Son Jesus Christ to take the punishment for our sins. A huge scope to think about-- that on that cross, Jesus faced the fury and wrath of Almighty God. God offers you full, complete forgiveness of all of your sins, because Jesus paid for them on the cross. You can't buy it, earn it, or work for it-- you can only accept it. It's God's free gift, and so many people turn it down.

What's more, Jesus arose from the dead, and He conquered sin and death. Which brings me into another of my favorite verses, from that morning around 2,000 years ago when a few women went to Jesus' grave, expecting to find a body. Instead, they encountered an angel. Here's what the angel said: "Do not be afraid; for I know that you are looking for Jesus who has been crucified. He is not here, for He has risen, just as He said." (Matthew 28:5-6)

How awesome-- the reality of the risen Lord.

Omni-Slash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#47 Omni-Slash
Member since 2003 • 54450 Posts
Genisis 38-8 Then Judah said to Onan, "Go in to your brother's wife, and perform your duty as a brother-in-law to her, and raise up offspring for your brother." Onan knew that the offspring would not be his; so when he went in to his brother's wife, he wasted his seed on the ground in order not to give offspring to his brother. But what he did was displeasing in the sight of the LORD; so He took his life also. such an uplifting book...
MathMattS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#49 MathMattS
Member since 2009 • 4012 Posts

Genisis 38-8 Then Judah said to Onan, "Go in to your brother's wife, and perform your duty as a brother-in-law to her, and raise up offspring for your brother." Onan knew that the offspring would not be his; so when he went in to his brother's wife, he wasted his seed on the ground in order not to give offspring to his brother. But what he did was displeasing in the sight of the LORD; so He took his life also. such an uplifting book...Omni-Slash

Well, one of the big features of the Bible is that it shows us our sin. It shows our fallenness, and it also shows us God's perfection as well as His mercy and forgiveness for those who accept it.