Favorite Winter theme movies and TV episodes?

Avatar image for warmblur
warmblur

3553

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 warmblur
Member since 2017 • 3553 Posts

I don't know about you guys but I like to watch Winter theme movies or TV series when the snow starts coming down it adds to the immersion of it I guess you could say. So what Winter theme movies or TV shows you do you like to watch? here are some mine.

  • Frozen 2010 movie three people get stuck on a ski lift.
  • Old tv show called Third Watch the episode called snowblind
  • ATM 2012
  • Assault on precinct 13 2005 version
  • The Outer Limits 1995 episode the conversion
  • The Thing 1982
  • Alien Hunter 2003
  • Die Hard 2
Avatar image for Master_Live
Master_Live

19883

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 19883 Posts
  • Home Alone 1 & 2
  • The Simpsons: any Christmas episode from the 1st 15 seasons, including the very 1st episode and the Mr. Plow episode.
  • The Grinch, the animated one.
Avatar image for davillain-
DaVillain-

39449

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3 DaVillain-  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 39449 Posts

My Winter of season for movies are:

  • Christmas Carol 1999 Patrick Stewart version
  • How the Grinch Stole Christmas both Animation & Live movie. (Haven't seen the new one though)
  • Misery
  • Jingle all the Way
Avatar image for hallenbeck77
Hallenbeck77

15831

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4 Hallenbeck77  Moderator
Member since 2005 • 15831 Posts

Can't think of movies at the moment, but an episode of Married...With Children comes to mind. Season 2's You Better Watch Out, where as part of s pub6stubt at a local mall, a skydiving Santa's parachute doesn't open, and winds up landing in the Bundys' backyard. Al is forced to dress us as Santa to hide his death from the neighborhood kids. I remember this for having a really dark sense of humor for a sitcom. Tame by today's standards, but still a good episode.

Avatar image for uninspiredcup
uninspiredcup

36497

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 85

User Lists: 2

#5 uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 36497 Posts
  • Batman Returns
  • The Eagle Has Landed

For whatever reason the BBC has shown The Eagle Has Landed at Christmas for like the last 10 years.

Avatar image for with_teeth26
with_teeth26

9761

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#6 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 9761 Posts

Band of Brothers - The Breaking Point

everything Fargo related

Avatar image for TJDMHEM
TJDMHEM

2745

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#7 TJDMHEM
Member since 2006 • 2745 Posts

Frozen and how the grinch stole Christmas

Avatar image for SOedipus
SOedipus

11687

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#8 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 11687 Posts

Batman Returns
Dumb and Dumber
Fargo
Groundhog Day
Home Alone 1 and 2

Avatar image for DEVILinIRON
DEVILinIRON

5238

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#9 DEVILinIRON
Member since 2006 • 5238 Posts

Groundhog Day

Avatar image for Chutebox
Chutebox

44974

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#10 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 44974 Posts

Home alone 1 and 2,.Die hard, Grinch(cartoon), rudolph claymation, and a Christmas Story

Avatar image for brimmul777
brimmul777

4239

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 42

User Lists: 2

#11 brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 4239 Posts

A Charlie Brown Christmas

Avatar image for speeny
Speeny

2173

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 9

#12  Edited By Speeny
Member since 2018 • 2173 Posts

Mickey’s Once Upon A Christmas comes to mind. I used to watch it religiously as a kid and still do every December.

Avatar image for Ovirew
Ovirew

9236

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#13 Ovirew
Member since 2008 • 9236 Posts

@hallenbeck77 said:

Can't think of movies at the moment, but an episode of Married...With Children comes to mind. Season 2's You Better Watch Out, where as part of s pub6stubt at a local mall, a skydiving Santa's parachute doesn't open, and winds up landing in the Bundys' backyard. Al is forced to dress us as Santa to hide his death from the neighborhood kids. I remember this for having a really dark sense of humor for a sitcom. Tame by today's standards, but still a good episode.

I was actually going to come here and mention a Christmas episode of Married... With Children, but a different one. It came to mind because they had it on the other night.

Season 4, episodes 11 and 12 - "It's a Bundyful Life". Episode features the late, great Sam Kinison as Al's guardian angel who shows him what his life would be like if he hadn't been born, ala It's a Wonderful Life. The result is the Bundy family is now called the Jablonskys, and they're all well-mannered and wholesome. The Jablonskys' replacement head of household is played by Ted McGinley, prior to his being cast as Jefferson in the series. Al ultimately decides he wants to live not because he makes any major revelations about loving his life, but because he wants his family to be miserable like him lol.

Avatar image for benleslie5
benleslie5

8808

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 545

User Lists: 0

#14 benleslie5  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 8808 Posts
  • Die Hard
  • The Grinch (2000)
  • Batman Returns
  • Star Wars Holiday Special
  • Muppets Christmas Carol
Avatar image for davillain-
DaVillain-

39449

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#15  Edited By DaVillain-  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 39449 Posts

@benleslie5 said:
  • Die Hard
  • The Grinch (2000)
  • Batman Returns
  • Star Wars Holiday Special
  • Muppets Christmas Carol

You are the first person I ever heard of liking Star Wars: Holiday Special. It's not "that bad" in the sense that it isn't as bad as many make it out to be. It's not the worst thing I've ever seen, but it's still bad lol.

Avatar image for benleslie5
benleslie5

8808

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 545

User Lists: 0

#16  Edited By benleslie5  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 8808 Posts

@davillain-: I normally play a drinking game out of it every Christmas Day you just take a drink at every wookie sound, the child having sissy fit, cheesy puns, Boba Fett appears, the canteen tune plays and Life Day gets mentioned there's more from the top of my head. Its one way to enjoy the evening

Avatar image for michael668
Michael668

13

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#17 Michael668
Member since 2019 • 13 Posts

Charlie Brown Christmas

Avatar image for gwynbleidd_91
Gwynbleidd_91

105

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#18 Gwynbleidd_91
Member since 2018 • 105 Posts

-Olive the Other Reindeer (1999)

-Bad Santa

-Batman Returns

-Home Alone 1 & 2

-Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer (1964)

Avatar image for THUMPTABLE
THUMPTABLE

2127

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#19 THUMPTABLE
Member since 2003 • 2127 Posts

@warmblur said:

I don't know about you guys but I like to watch Winter theme movies or TV series when the snow starts coming down it adds to the immersion of it I guess you could say. So what Winter theme movies or TV shows you do you like to watch? here are some mine.

  • Frozen 2010 movie three people get stuck on a ski lift.
  • Old tv show called Third Watch the episode called snowblind
  • ATM 2012
  • Assault on precinct 13 2005 version
  • The Outer Limits 1995 episode the conversion
  • The Thing 1982
  • Alien Hunter 2003
  • Die Hard 2

What about summer though...

Avatar image for warmblur
warmblur

3553

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#20  Edited By warmblur
Member since 2017 • 3553 Posts

@THUMPTABLE said:
@warmblur said:

I don't know about you guys but I like to watch Winter theme movies or TV series when the snow starts coming down it adds to the immersion of it I guess you could say. So what Winter theme movies or TV shows you do you like to watch? here are some mine.

  • Frozen 2010 movie three people get stuck on a ski lift.
  • Old tv show called Third Watch the episode called snowblind
  • ATM 2012
  • Assault on precinct 13 2005 version
  • The Outer Limits 1995 episode the conversion
  • The Thing 1982
  • Alien Hunter 2003
  • Die Hard 2

What about summer though...

Oh I got those too.

  • the fast and the furious 2001
  • Matchstick men 2003
  • Deep Blue sea 1999
  • Gone in 60 seconds 2000
  • The Beach 2000
Avatar image for uninspiredcup
uninspiredcup

36497

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 85

User Lists: 2

#21 uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 36497 Posts

@SOedipus said:

Batman Returns

Dumb and Dumber

Fargo

Groundhog Day

Home Alone 1 and 2

Good choice. Rewatched that last year (as an adult) and it's way better than my dumb ass child brain could comprehend.

Loading Video...

Avatar image for heathen75
HEATHEN75

942

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#22 HEATHEN75
Member since 2018 • 942 Posts

Alive

Ravenous

Death Hunt

Misery

The white Buffalo

Christmas Vacation

Avatar image for hallenbeck77
Hallenbeck77

15831

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#23 Hallenbeck77  Moderator
Member since 2005 • 15831 Posts

@Ovirew: That was another great episode. Funny thing is, Sam Kinison was initially supposed to be cast as Al Bundy, & Roseanne Barr was supposed to be Peggy. (The original name for the show was going to be Not the Cosbys, a dig at NBC for The Cosby Show) However, she got a TV deal from ABC, and the network refused to cast Kinison as Al because of his various real-life antics off-screen

Avatar image for Ovirew
Ovirew

9236

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#24 Ovirew
Member since 2008 • 9236 Posts

@hallenbeck77: Really? I didn't ever know Kinison and Barr were set to be the stars of MWC. I can almost imagine it, but I'm happy it didn't happen that way. But maybe the result would have been better?

I can almost imagine a reunion series for Not the Cosbys taking place now, since that would kind of mean Not the Cosbys took the high road all along, lol.

Avatar image for hallenbeck77
Hallenbeck77

15831

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#25 Hallenbeck77  Moderator
Member since 2005 • 15831 Posts

@Ovirew: That show would've been nuts, especially since Kinison lived the rock star life off-camera, with drugs, alcohol & women.

If you're interested, there's a length but interesting interview with one of the show's creators online:

https://interviews.televisionacademy.com/interviews/michael-moye

Avatar image for heathen75
HEATHEN75

942

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#26 HEATHEN75
Member since 2018 • 942 Posts

@Ovirew said:

@hallenbeck77: Really? I didn't ever know Kinison and Barr were set to be the stars of MWC. I can almost imagine it, but I'm happy it didn't happen that way. But maybe the result would have been better?

I can almost imagine a reunion series for Not the Cosbys taking place now, since that would kind of mean Not the Cosbys took the high road all along, lol.

Nope. As great as Kinison and Barr were at that time, there is no better. Ed O'Neill and Katey Sagal were the perfect Al and Peggy.

Avatar image for hallenbeck77
Hallenbeck77

15831

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#27 Hallenbeck77  Moderator
Member since 2005 • 15831 Posts

@heathen75: Most definitely. But the idea of a coked-up Sam Kinison showing up to tape a tv show regularly would have made for great tabloid fodder. I don't think the show would've have made it past that first season if he did; that's why the network said no to him.