warmblur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 warmblur
Member since 2017 • 4334 Posts

Slow burn TV shows and movies can be really good but I think you have to be in a certain mood to watch them which ones are your favorites?

As for TV mine has to be Better Call Saul. I have been watching this whole show since the very start and I have to say this is some of the best slow burning TV I have ever seen. I find it actually relaxing to watch also the writing is fantastic.

As for movies here's a few

• Mulholland Drive
  • Alien
  • The Invitation
uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 85

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 38480 Posts

Deep Space 9, it took 3 seasons to be good.

Well, that's a lie, it has a couple of fantastic episodes like Duet, but season 3 is where it got it's shit together.

Movies, Once Upon A Time In The West, it's about 3 and a half hours long and mostly involves sweaty leathery faced men looking at each other while the same musical motif plays over and over.

Loading Video...

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#3 DEVILinIRON
Member since 2006 • 5483 Posts

Stalker, Solaris, 2001...

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 11916 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

That's what I thought about TNG.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#5 Willy105
Member since 2005 • 25030 Posts

The Wire is a prime example of a slow burn show. 2001 is also a good pick.

All time favorite is certainly Once Upon A Time In The West. It has the best movie shootout of all time and it is like 4 minutes of two dudes staring at each other.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#6  Edited By pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 6007 Posts

Star Trek

TNG -> DS9 -> Voyager

They have their ups and downs, but I think all three are really great overall.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#7 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 46039 Posts

Counterpart.

It's a sci-fi spy-espionage series that only went two seasons (sadly) but it takes a while to get going. They tell you the twist right away in the first or second episode but it's all about the buildup, character development, and so on.

It's a great show, they don't treat the viewer like an idiot but it's also not difficult to grasp what is going on.

Cannot recommend it enough.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By uninspiredcup

@SOedipus said:
@uninspiredcup said:

Part of that was down to Gene Wesley Roddenberry. It's no coincidence that when he was ill/dead, the shows quality suddenly jumped and his self-insert Mary Sue was immediately written out.

I'd say most of season 7 is bad as well barring a few episodes. All Good Things being an absolute le_mosterpiece and one of the best show finals ever made.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 11916 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:
@SOedipus said:
@uninspiredcup said:

Part of that was down to Gene Wesley Roddenberry. It's no coincidence that when he was ill/dead, the shows quality suddenly jumped and his self-insert Mary Sue was immediately written out.

I'd say most of season 7 is bad as well barring a few episodes. All Good Things being an absolute le_mosterpiece and one of the best show finals ever made.

Yeah, I didn't want to speak ill of the dead, but Rick Berman really changed it for the better. I don't remember thinking season 7 was bad but it's been awhile since I've watched the series. I always skip to season 3 or 4 when I do re-watch TNG.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 uninspiredcup

@SOedipus said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@SOedipus said:
@uninspiredcup said:

Yeah, I didn't want to speak ill of the dead, but Rick Berman really changed it for the better. I don't remember thinking season 7 was bad but it's been awhile since I've watched the series. I always skip to season 3 or 4 when I do re-watch TNG.

Can't remember, but in earlier seasons fans and freelancers where allowed to submit scripts and that kind of stopped in the final season.

It has an episode where Beverley is getting off to a Scottish space ghost and one where Picard and Data get possessed by voodoo space magic.