ToonLonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By ToonLonk
Member since 2017 • 440 Posts

I've been to a lot of places, but San Francisco (Where I was born! Yay!) will always have a special place in my heart. The city is beautiful (not exactly loads of history, but...), there are plenty of cool activities and musems, and great food. What's not to love? I also prefer mildly chilly weather to excessively warm or cold and the close proximity to the ocean helps.

gonzalezboy07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2 gonzalezboy07
Member since 2007 • 252 Posts

Gotta say the ATL

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#3 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58900 Posts

Edinburgh. Lots of interesting history. e.g.

Princess Street Gardens

Use to be a Nor Loch

However, in 1685 the law of Scotland outlawed drowning as a form of execution. Before then many lives were taken. On one day in 1624, eleven women were drowned. Four years later, George Sinclair confessed to committing incest with his two sisters. All three were sentenced to death, but it was said[by whom?] that the clergy commuted the sentence on the younger sister. Sinclair and his older sister were placed in a large chest with holes drilled in it and thrown into the loch to drown. Two centuries later, in 1820, the chest was rediscovered by workmen digging a drain near the Wellhouse Tower of the Castle. James Skene of Rubislaw, who was present at the work in the gardens, reported that the skeleton of a tall man was found between those of two women. Later 19th-century accounts report only two skeletons being found in the chest.

Shit like that is interesting.

Avatar image for GalvatronType_R
GalvatronType_R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4  Edited By GalvatronType_R
Member since 2003 • 3106 Posts

Honolulu

themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 themajormayor
Member since 2011 • 25729 Posts

Bangkok

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

I was born in Japan. But, I don't have any favorite cities there. I don't care much for cities in general. But, I find San Diego (and the metro area) okay.

The_doggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 The_doggy
Member since 2018 • 3 Posts

Barcelona has to be up there as one of the greats :)

Avatar image for deactivated-5b60c6d07310a
deactivated-5b60c6d07310a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 deactivated-5b60c6d07310a
Member since 2015 • 357 Posts

For cities outside the US, it's hard to say as I've never been outside North America. I do plan on going to a major destination in Europe sometime in the future, but I'm currently unsure where and when.

For cities in the US mainland, it would have to be New York City for me - there's so much there that one day is not enough. Luckily I only live 2-3 hours away from it (by car or train) so I make it a habit to go on day trips there at least twice a year, including one later this month. Other than that, I've been to Boston, Philadelphia, Washington, Chicago, Louisville, and San Francisco - and I agree with TC on SF being special (for good reasons mind you).

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56072 Posts

Atlanta GA!

Atlanta is the best City in my opinion.

CrimsonBrute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#10 CrimsonBrute  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 25603 Posts

Cloud City

https://www.babble.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/Future-Human-Evolution-Cities-in-the-Sky.jpg

narlymech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#13 narlymech
Member since 2009 • 2132 Posts

Atlantis

France38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 France38
Member since 2018 • 32 Posts

I haven't visited a lot of city but among the ones I visited I'd say London

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 TryIt
Member since 2017 • 13157 Posts

San Francisco is the only city I have been to in which my first reaction was 'wow!'

and I have been to NYC, LA, Dallas, Houston, Austin and a few other mid sized cities.

second place would be New Orleans in the jackson square area

Avatar image for psychedelicbuble420
PsychedelicBuble420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 PsychedelicBuble420
Member since 2018 • 5 Posts

I like Zephyrhill Florida ( it's not as humid a by the coast more inland ) and Navarre Florida.

THUMPTABLE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#17 THUMPTABLE
Member since 2003 • 2357 Posts

@metalman0616 said:

For cities outside the US, it's hard to say as I've never been outside North America. I do plan on going to a major destination in Europe sometime in the future, but I'm currently unsure where and when.

For cities in the US mainland, it would have to be New York City for me - there's so much there that one day is not enough. Luckily I only live 2-3 hours away from it (by car or train) so I make it a habit to go on day trips there at least twice a year, including one later this month. Other than that, I've been to Boston, Philadelphia, Washington, Chicago, Louisville, and San Francisco - and I agree with TC on SF being special (for good reasons mind you).

I hear that a lot of yanks don't own passports (approx 60%) any truth to that?

IAmAGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 IAmAGod
Member since 2018 • 6 Posts

chicago man. i was born here so obiously im bound to have a liitle love for it but i love the city as a whole there so many cultures that thrive in it. you got hispanics living in little village you got asians in china town and a major part of some areas are muslim. not only that but the downtown area is beautiful. all violence aside chicago is a different kind of city.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 jun_aka_pekto
@THUMPTABLE said:

There's probably some truth to it. Why would we need a passport if we don't plan to go out of country? I mean my passport expired a couple of years ago. I'm in no hurry to get a new one. It's not like we need one when crossing state lines.

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#20 theone86
Member since 2003 • 22669 Posts

@THUMPTABLE said:
@metalman0616 said:

I don't know the exact numbers, but the general idea is correct. One thing I will say in our defense is that we can't just hop on a train or drive down a tunnel to get to Europe, we need to take planes which takes time and money. We also get about one-third as many vacation days as Europeans, usually unpaid, and our passports are among the most expensive in the world. I was looking into a trip to New York and ended up realizing it would break me. If I had to pony up for airfare and a passport? Forget it. There are a whole lot of Americans who are in a similar situation.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 jun_aka_pekto

Speaking of San Francisco...... I wonder if he's still around. ;)

themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By themajormayor
Member since 2011 • 25729 Posts

@theone86: In alot of Europe you don't need passport to travel.

HEATHEN75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 HEATHEN75
Member since 2018 • 1678 Posts

@toonlonk:

@toonlonk said:

I've been to a lot of places, but San Francisco (Where I was born! Yay!) will always have a special place in my heart. The city is beautiful (not exactly loads of history, but...), there are plenty of cool activities and musems, and great food. What's not to love?

I used to love S.F. when I was younger. Nowadays I'll pop in for a concert and leave as soon as its over. Can't stand the city anymore. Too many bums, too much traffic and too many dipshits on bicycles. Oh yeah, the whole city smells like piss too. Great concert halls though.

Give me Santa Cruz or Half Moon Bay. Beaches and beers.

ToonLonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 ToonLonk

@heathen75: Cool opinion.

HEATHEN75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 HEATHEN75

@jun_aka_pekto: I think Statue/Robot Guy is still around. I believe the guy that used hide behind two tree branches and scare people died though. My wife just told me that recently. She worked in the city till 2 weeks ago when she jumped to Oakland.

HEATHEN75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 HEATHEN75

@toonlonk: Not really. More of an angry old man opinion. Sorry to rip on your city, I just developed a strong hatred for the Bay Area after moving back for a couple years. Spent the 1st 25 years of my life there. Got some great memories but will never live there again. Too angry and crowded.

ToonLonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 ToonLonk

@heathen75: Ah, it's fine. We all like our own cities, and almost every one of us has our own get-off-my-lawn-type opinion.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By jun_aka_pekto
@heathen75 said:

@jun_aka_pekto: I think Statue/Robot Guy is still around. I believe the guy that used hide behind two tree branches and scare people died though. My wife just told me that recently. She worked in the city till 2 weeks ago when she jumped to Oakland.

Was Scary Guy partners with Robot Guy? When I saw Robot Guy, he had a partner.

HEATHEN75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 HEATHEN75

@jun_aka_pekto:No, it was this guy. He would just hold a couple tree branches in front of him then jump out at people walking past him. Couldn't find a better picture.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 jun_aka_pekto

Among my favorite cities in Canada is Montreal. I visited the city a few times although most of my time was spent at the part where many Italians lived.

one_plum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 one_plum
Member since 2009 • 6822 Posts

@jun_aka_pekto: As a Montrealer, I'm curious which neighbourhood you spent time in.

one_plum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 one_plum
Member since 2009 • 6822 Posts
No Caption Provided

Hong Kong for the sheer variety of landscapes within a compact area. It was incredible to see a city with a core urban area filled with energy and neon lights yet most of the territory is made up of hiking mountain trails, the sea and nature in close proximity.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e9044657a310
deactivated-5e9044657a310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#33 deactivated-5e9044657a310
Member since 2005 • 8136 Posts

@toonlonk: Louisville KY followed by Indianapolis Indiana

goodzorr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 goodzorr
Member since 2017 • 506 Posts

I really liked Sheffield, England when I was at university. Most cities here in England (Europe too I guess?) are steeped in history. Wouldn't touch London though right now. Over 40 murders there already this year!

I visited Miami last year, that was pretty awesome too.

sjeongminjae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By sjeongminjae
Member since 2018 • 7 Posts

Seoul

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 jun_aka_pekto
@one_plum said:

@jun_aka_pekto: As a Montrealer, I'm curious which neighbourhood you spent time in.

Kinda hard to remember. My friend took me there to watch the UEFA with his friends whenever Italy was in contention. All I remember was the Italian flags outside. ;)