This topic is locked from further discussion.

Stowik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 0

#1 Stowik
Member since 2006 • 1222 Posts

I joined Facebook some time ago because my friends wanted me to join it...

A few people have posted photos/my name without my permission.

I have thin skin...someone posted a mean comment under the photo and it kind of pissed me off.

I work 50+ hours a week and have a home/offline life to deal with, so I don't have time to monitor or maintain my online personality, aside from Gamespot.

Anyone else feel uncomfortable with Facebook? I like the idea of keeping track of friends, but hate the photo sharing...

Anti-Venom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Anti-Venom
Member since 2008 • 5646 Posts
**** Facebook and all those other myspace type of sites.
-Chimera-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 -Chimera-
Member since 2009 • 1852 Posts

I don't even have a facebook, and some of my friends post up pictures of me on their accounts.

duxup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 duxup
Member since 2002 • 43443 Posts
If it is your name I think you can remove it.
harashawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 harashawn
Member since 2008 • 27620 Posts
You can untag yourself in any photo, so it doesn't say who it is of.
talonkarrde07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 talonkarrde07
Member since 2009 • 1610 Posts

Not evil

I just don't wont my pic posted without being asked

elblanquito_81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 elblanquito_81
Member since 2007 • 4356 Posts

You could try asking the person who uploaded the photo to remove it.

But, no, I don't think it's evil. It's a great place for keeping in touch with family that you don't see too often, and reconnecting with friends that you haven't seen in a long time.

Xul_Onerom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Xul_Onerom
Member since 2007 • 119 Posts

If it worries you that much, and you don't want to be monitoring it all the time, then just erase your account

shoot-first

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#9 shoot-first
Member since 2004 • 9788 Posts

I don't have a facebook.

Jacobistheman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Jacobistheman
Member since 2007 • 3975 Posts

Just remove the tag and your name won't be on it. If it bothers you that much, don't let the person take the picture and ask them to take it off.

Stowik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Stowik

But, no, I don't think it's evil. It's a great place for keeping in touch with family that you don't see too often, and reconnecting with friends that you haven't seen in a long time.

elblanquito_81

I really like that part of Facebook so I don't want to erase my account...

My problem is that it would take time to keep track of every time a person with a digital camera takes my picture and posts it.

I would not post pictures of people without their permission...it seems kind of rude. I don't know.

Ryder123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#12 Ryder123
Member since 2005 • 1984 Posts

What is thin skin? Oh and why don't you post a mean comment about the person who posted the mean comment?

Razor-Lazor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 Razor-Lazor
Member since 2009 • 12763 Posts
Remove the tag.
Avatar image for ChicaQueenWarGa
ChicaQueenWarGa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#14 ChicaQueenWarGa
Member since 2006 • 3360 Posts

I've already gotten pissed at Facebook for releasing my personal information to a college.

Story time! I became a fan of Vanderbilt University because my dad used to work there, and I had some many memories in his laboratory. A week ago, I got a letter in the mail asking me to sign up for summer school at Vanderbilt University for medical students and engineering students. I always check No in the boxes on school tests asking me to disclose any college career ideas or my test scores. Well, somehow Vanderbilt knew I was interested in medical school and biomedical engineering. This information was placed in my Interests section of my Facebook profile, which is set to Friends Only. Also, the summer school is for those who completed Junior year, and in my high school, which is also set to Friends Only, I have my school and what year I will graduate. I want to know how they got my home address though.

tl;dr
Facebook took private information off my profile, sent it to a university, allowing them to send my college junk.

tbone29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 tbone29
Member since 2004 • 5552 Posts
Doesn't bother me. Don't see why I should care personally.

I work 50+ hours a week and have a home/offline life to deal with, so I don't have time to monitor or maintain my online personality, aside from Gamespot.

Stowik
Sorry, but I lol'd.
Stowik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Stowik

Remove the tag.Razor-Lazor

Yep, it's done.

That was the solution...thanks

ferrari2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#17 ferrari2001
Member since 2008 • 17772 Posts
I actually like facebook, but if your getting worked up over something as simple as drama go to the doctor and have him prescribe a chill pill. It's not a big deal.
tbone29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 tbone29
Member since 2004 • 5552 Posts

I've already gotten pissed at Facebook for releasing my personal information to a college.

Story time! I became a fan of Vanderbilt University because my dad used to work there, and I had some many memories in his laboratory. A week ago, I got a letter in the mail asking me to sign up for summer school at Vanderbilt University for medical students and engineering students. I always check No in the boxes on school tests asking me to disclose any college career ideas or my test scores. Well, somehow Vanderbilt knew I was interested in medical school and biomedical engineering. This information was placed in my Interests section of my Facebook profile, which is set to Friends Only. Also, the summer school is for those who completed Junior year, and in my high school, which is also set to Friends Only, I have my school and what year I will graduate. I want to know how they got my home address though.

tl;dr
Facebook took private information off my profile, sent it to a university, allowing them to send my college junk.

ChicaQueenWarGa

Don't you have to click "allow content" or w/e on the application for that kinda thing?
Or did you just become a fan? I think on Facebook they treat that as you becoming their friend...

Stowik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Stowik

Doesn't bother me. Don't see why I should care personally. [QUOTE="Stowik"]

tbone29

Sorry, but I lol'd.

Yea, I know it sounds stupid but I really like Gamespot.

canuck19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 canuck19
Member since 2007 • 365 Posts

just curious how do you delete your facebook account

Avatar image for ChicaQueenWarGa
ChicaQueenWarGa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#21 ChicaQueenWarGa
Member since 2006 • 3360 Posts

[QUOTE="ChicaQueenWarGa"]

tl;dr

tbone29

Don't you have to click "allow content" or w/e on the application for that kinda thing?
Or did you just become a fan? I think on Facebook they treat that as you becoming their friend...

No it's not an app. It's the "Become a Fan" thing. I thought that the fan pages are like the groups, where they just have a list of people.

elblanquito_81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 elblanquito_81
Member since 2007 • 4356 Posts

[QUOTE="elblanquito_81"]

Stowik

I really like that part of Facebook so I don't want to erase my account...

My problem is that it would take time to keep track of every time a person with a digital camera takes my picture and posts it.

I would not post pictures of people without their permission...it seems kind of rude. I don't know.

Well, one solution you could try is sending a message to everyone on your friends list to ask you beforehand if it's alright to upload a photo of you.

Guybrush_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Guybrush_3
Member since 2008 • 8308 Posts

I have it set so that people who aren't my friend cant see my name posted on pictures.

Null--Fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#24 Null--Fox
Member since 2009 • 1640 Posts

Just remove the tag and your name won't be on it. If it bothers you that much, don't let the person take the picture and ask them to take it off.

Jacobistheman

^This