johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3 johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11125 Posts

Yeah just saw it. I like how dark it looks. Batman feels like more of a vigilante than previous movie renditions of the character. The DCEU is a mess but I appreciate the direction of these standalone movies like Joker.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58854 Posts

Was that The Joker he was interviewing or The Riddler?

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#5 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

Was that The Joker he was interviewing or The Riddler?

It's the Riddler.

I'm not really gripped by this trailer. When Robert Pattison was announced as Batman, I tried remaining open minded. After all, no one expected Heath Ledger to blow us away. But... I'm getting nothing from him in the trailer. I really am not buying him as Bruce Wayne. I'm sure he'll do better than George Clooney, though.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#6  Edited By deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

Not impressed

ZeroTheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8 ZeroTheHero
Member since 2021 • 1391 Posts

So much better than batflecks alien gun wielding vs bugs batman

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#9 mrbojangles25  Online
Member since 2005 • 58271 Posts

I know why they don't do it (brand recognition I Guess?) but I really wish they'd dive a little deeper into the DC roster and try out some other characters and villains.

Batman is REALLY awesome but this is like the 20th movie we've had with him in a major role. Not to mention all the [vastly superior] animated films about Batman.

Vaativids

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Vaativids
Member since 2021 • 337 Posts

I really like the villains in this (Penguin and Riddler (didn’t notice any others). Batman looks alright too. The batmobile taking down Penguin looks fun, stylish and awesome. If they want to go in a different direction with Catwoman, I think they should make her a hooker from the Frank Miller’s Year One.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 uninspiredcup

@mrbojangles25 said:

Batman is REALLY awesome but this is like the 20th movie we've had with him in a major role. Not to mention all the [vastly superior] animated films about Batman.

Ye, feel exact same.

They are making another Batman Series with Bruce Timm involved.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#12 Willy105
Member since 2005 • 26086 Posts

It looks perfect. I need it.

The music, the tone, the cinematography, the art, the batmobile, everything. I love it returns to the fantastical and detective noir roots of Batman instead of going for realism and darkness.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#13 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15906 Posts

I hope the fights is as visceral as in Batman v Superman.

ZeroTheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ZeroTheHero
Member since 2021 • 1391 Posts

His car looks bad ass looks like mad max fury road car batman style

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56039 Posts

I think it looks okay. The only issue I have is Batman just walking through machine-gun fire like he's Ironman armor-like. I get that he has armor on his suit, but I felt that was going too far. But that aside, it’s a trailer and not the entire film. But what I see here was okay. I'll be honest Cup, still not feeling it...feels like it's just Bale's Batman with a new touch of paint with Catwoman being too close to Hallie Berry's version. I think we took Batflack version for granted.

Warm_Gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Warm_Gun
Member since 2021 • 2396 Posts
@davillain- said:

I think it looks okay. The only issue I have is Batman just walking through machine-gun fire like he's Ironman armor-like. I get that he has armor on his suit, but I felt that was going too far.

When I rewatched Batman Beyond a few years ago, I complained about Terry being overpowered and even a bullet in the torso only dazing him. I don't feel any better about seeing it here. Actually, I kind of feel worse, since the barrage of bullets don't even daze him.

I'm not a fan of all the armor on Batman in most live action iterations anyway. I know it partly negates the need to build muscle, since the viewer doesn't see them anyway, but it also takes away from the theatrical (in the classic sense) aspect of the character. Makes him look less like an athletic man-bat and more like some future soldier.

sheep99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 sheep99
Member since 2020 • 1254 Posts

Terrible, we need a bisexual Batman to make it more interesting

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#19 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15906 Posts

@warm_gun said:
@davillain- said:

I think it looks okay. The only issue I have is Batman just walking through machine-gun fire like he's Ironman armor-like. I get that he has armor on his suit, but I felt that was going too far.

When I rewatched Batman Beyond a few years ago, I complained about Terry being overpowered and even a bullet in the torso only dazing him. I don't feel any better about seeing it here. Actually, I kind of feel worse, since the barrage of bullets don't even daze him.

I'm not a fan of all the armor on Batman in most live action iterations anyway. I know it partly negates the need to build muscle, since the viewer doesn't see them anyway, but it also takes away from the theatrical (in the classic sense) aspect of the character. Makes him look less like an athletic man-bat and more like some future soldier.

The bat symbol area invulnerable is pretty consistent with lore though. The bat logo intentionally act as target area and invulnerable to gunshots sepecially if batman wears the tactical bat suits as shown in the trailer compared to the usual latex (kinda) material. Though usually there is weakspots somewhere on the abdomen.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By uninspiredcup
@warm_gun said:
@davillain- said:

Yea, agree. One of the best moments in a Batman movie (IMO) is MOTP when he's fighting for his life. Compared to something like TDK where he's dropping police like a domino set, it's actually tense.

Loading Video...

Actually yea, think would have rather had a Batman Beyond movie, with Michael Keaton as primary "old Batman", candidate. That would have been dope.

Still a chance suppose.

Warm_Gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Warm_Gun

@uninspiredcup: Reminds me of that whole tense scene in the church in the Year One book.

If I didn't already have a bunch stuff to watch, I'd watch the animated series and both related movies again.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 DaVillain  Moderator

Pattinson joins the ranks:

The good old Bat-O-Face. Robert Pattinson's mouth does look small though.

Nirgal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Nirgal
Member since 2019 • 662 Posts

Looks like another humourless DC borefest. They should make batman openly gay and make a sit com about his relationship with robin.i would watch that.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#24 mrbojangles25  Online
Member since 2005 • 58271 Posts

Paul Dano is playing The Riddler, so at least there's that. I like Paul Dano in just about everything I've seen.

Also Robert Pattinson get's a bad rap for being in the Twilight movies, but he is a really good actor as well that's been in a lot since then.

My issues aren't so much with the movie itself, but more the movie studio for making yet another Batman.

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

User Lists: 19

#25  Edited By Speeny
Member since 2018 • 3357 Posts

Yeah, saw it earlier this morning and honestly am not sure how I feel about it.

The scene at 0:52 just made me think of Bale's Batman...an attempt at it at least. Not bad, but this just felt like a child chucking a tantrum. Idk lol.

Vaativids

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Vaativids
Member since 2021 • 337 Posts

I like the return to the Nolan style. Anything is going to be better than seeing Ben Aleck as Batman, which I think is just the worst casting choice with his crybaby face. The guy is just embarrassing to watch. I was on the fence about Robert Patterson in the role but he looks solid. This gives a lot for the sequel to build upon by adding gadgets, a meatier car and an increasingly tougher armour. The Batman looks like a fun villains movie. That’s where the focus seems to be. I like that a lot. The depictions look accurate. It’s all good, baby. Very nice cinematography too.

Warm_Gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Warm_Gun

Matt Reeves uploaded a 4K version to Vimeo the same day. The site's compression is less brutal than YouTube's.

I'm relieved Catwoman's suit doesn't look as shitty as in those pictures that surfaced a month ago. I hope she loses that dumb hood fast.

Batman's suit is still kind of lame, though. I wonder how much all that armor would impede his sneaky ninja skills, if he even still used them. I really wanna see some making of footage that shows how loud it is.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By uninspiredcup

Not sure it was worth a thread, so post it here.

Loading Video...

Kinda more interested in this TBH. Movie would be a dumpster fire, but be lying if seeing Michael Keaton as Batman again doesn't get me excited.

Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Hallenbeck77  Moderator
Member since 2005 • 16878 Posts

@uninspiredcup: Could give less of a wet fart about this. Warner needs to get off their ass, sign Keaton, and cast someone decent as Terry McGinnis, and get cracking on a live-action Batman Beyond movie. Give me that, and I'd be interested in DC movies.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 DaVillain  Moderator

@hallenbeck77 said:

@uninspiredcup: Could give less of a wet fart about this. Warner needs to get off their ass, sign Keaton, and cast someone decent as Terry McGinnis, and get cracking on a live-action Batman Beyond movie. Give me that, and I'd be interested in DC movies.

After thinking about it, Robert Pattison would have been perfect to be cast as Terry McGinnis/Batman and have Keaton playing old Bruce, I'd be down for an actual Batman Beyond live film.

@mrbojangles25 said:

Paul Dano is playing The Riddler, so at least there's that. I like Paul Dano in just about everything I've seen.

Also Robert Pattinson get's a bad rap for being in the Twilight movies, but he is a really good actor as well that's been in a lot since then.

My issues aren't so much with the movie itself, but more the movie studio for making yet another Batman.

Actually, Robert was really good in The Lighthouse along with William Defoe if you haven't seen it, I recommend you do cause The Lighthouse was a good thriller.

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18792 Posts

@mrbojangles25: "Paul Dano is playing The Riddler, so at least there's that."

What, Jim Carey wasn't available?

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#32 nepu7supastar7
Member since 2007 • 6773 Posts

@uninspiredcup:

I liked it. Gave off Arkham Knight vibes, which is cool for the direction they're taking. I'm just.....not liking Robert as Batman. Seeing him try to snap at some guy he was interrogating just reminds you of how much of wuss he is. A great looking wuss but definitely not Batman material. Even for year one, he doesn't look like he could scare a 7 year old child. Handsome but not rugged. Still, it might surprise us in the end. But I'm not hyped just yet.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#33 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46200 Posts

@davillain- said:

Actually, Robert was really good in The Lighthouse along with William Defoe if you haven't seen it, I recommend you do cause The Lighthouse was a good thriller.

Yeah I really enjoyed that movie. Pattison is a good actor.

This movie should be way better than the DCEU ones.

Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Hallenbeck77  Moderator
Member since 2005 • 16878 Posts

@davillain-: Decent enough actor, but I'd put Pattison as Terry as a "maybe", being that he's 35, and realistically would have aged out of the role. I'm not sure who I'd cast--rather have someone who can act, and not just some hot "it" actor at the moment.

As for this Batman movie, it looks okay, but honestly, I'm burned-out of superhero movies from both DC and Marvel. I'll watch eventually, but I'm in no rush.

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6846 Posts

I like it. I'll see it, for sure.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By uninspiredcup

@hallenbeck77: Yea, def way too old.

From what read (basically rumour) Keaton is signed to play the role in multiple films.

While be cool to see him in the role again, one thing not getting from The Flash trailer is the look of those movies. Specifically Batman Returns.

No, piles of CGI we have now, or going for realism. Huge built sets and mixtures where mood was came first and foremost. Basically much of the look even now as a result.

Went back and watched it yesterday and even something on paper that could look mundane as a flat shot from Selina Kyle's window basically looks amazing. The dark blues, the heated pink. Steam vents, cats at the forefront etc...

Loading Video...

And then think of Zack Snyder's stuff and just how horrible that shit looks in comparison. Above as well ^^ say looks kinda just Nolan copy paste

Batman Returns for its narrative problems is visually astounding when it's not Keaton ripping off his mask. :/

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By uninspiredcup

Having said that, Tim Burton has become CGI addicted himself.

So, yea, doubt we'll ever get a Batman movie that looks as good ever again. Not think CGI is inherently bad. Just the way they use t over practical effects.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#38 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24896 Posts

Might be best Batman movie since Dark knight. about time for solo and dark batman movie.

sick of DC universe crap like MCU, batman vs superman was terrible movie. justice league (both of them) are pretty bad.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Ghosts4ever
@uninspiredcup said:
@warm_gun said:
@davillain- said:

Yea, agree. One of the best moments in a Batman movie (IMO) is MOTP when he's fighting for his life. Compared to something like TDK where he's dropping police like a domino set, it's actually tense.

Loading Video...

Actually yea, think would have rather had a Batman Beyond movie, with Michael Keaton as primary "old Batman", candidate. That would have been dope.

Still a chance suppose.

In mask of phantasm. it was suppose to phantasm to be main villain but twist made Joker once again main villain of batman.

Joker always become main villain in any of batman if he is involve in it. even if he is not alive (see Arkham knights).

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By uninspiredcup

@ghosts4ever: Mask Of Phantasm is basically a repackaged, narratively better Batman Returns.

Unstable woman going after someone who wronged her? Yup.

Batman framed? Yup.

Potential love interest who seems dead but really isn't? Yup.

Batman escaping police? Yup.

Explosive final in abandoned entertainment park where she gets revenge? Yep.

Prob other stuff missing, but it is basically an improved Batman Returns imo. Joker is barely in it, serves a Schreck role where he's motivator for stuff happening than a main screen villain.

Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 DaVillain  Moderator

^Okay now I want to see Mask of the Phantasm live movie cause it deserves it.

Warm_Gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Warm_Gun

Batman Beyond isn't actually good. Terry as Batman is an imposter. I doubt a movie would even sell that well. It didn't have enough of a viewership to keep it on the air for more than three seasons.

@hallenbeck77 said:

As for this Batman movie, it looks okay, but honestly, I'm burned-out of superhero movies from both DC and Marvel. I'll watch eventually, but I'm in no rush.

I barely watched any of them, since I care for very little superhero stuff outside Batman and Watchmen (the latter for deconstructing and making fun of the genre while telling an entertaining story). So for me it's like a ten year gap between live action superhero stuff I actually care about. Although I watched Under the Red Hood and The Dark Knight Returns, from the animated features.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Ghosts4ever

@uninspiredcup said:

@ghosts4ever: Mask Of Phantasm is basically a repackaged, narratively better Batman Returns.

Unstable woman going after someone who wronged her? Yup.

Batman framed? Yup.

Potential love interest who seems dead but really isn't? Yup.

Batman escaping police? Yup.

Explosive final in abandoned entertainment park where she gets revenge? Yep.

Prob other stuff missing, but it is basically an improved Batman Returns imo. Joker is barely in it, serves a Schreck role where he's motivator for stuff happening than a main screen villain.

Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...

Joker becomes main villain in the end.

same cycle repeat in arkham origins and then knights. in origins batman looking for blackmask but he is revealed to be joker.

however Arkham knight did mask of phantasm in some ways. Batman looking after arkham knight a mysterious villain, turn out to be his old friend and sided with him and thus it made Joker once again main villain.

doesnot matter if in mask of phantasm joker didnot get enough screentime. he become main villain in the end.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By uninspiredcup

@ghosts4ever: I would disagree. while there is definitely an over-proliferation, what matters in this case is "how effectively the character is used" not "is he is used".

In the case of MOTP perfectly used. The games and consequent movies spamming him like a Nigerian email doesn't really effect that. He acts as a catalyst for Andrea Beaumonts actions showing the potential as what Bruce could become, presenting her as basically a dammed soul. These, two characters, not the Joker are the focus of the movie.

Avatar image for Rioichi21Cooper
Rioichi21Cooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#45 Rioichi21Cooper
Member since 2012 • 246 Posts

Ngl I do love the trailer, mainly for the potential meme energy it radiates.