Evolution is it 100% fact?

• 159 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Posted by Jag85 (10770 posts) -

@br0kenrabbit said:

@Jag85 said:

Also, our DNA has just as much in common with pigs as we do with monkeys.

We share about 83% of our DNA with pigs.

Actually, it's more like 98%.

#52 Posted by br0kenrabbit (15094 posts) -

@Jag85 said:

@br0kenrabbit said:

@Jag85 said:

Also, our DNA has just as much in common with pigs as we do with monkeys.

We share about 83% of our DNA with pigs.

Actually, it's more like 98%.

This is from BLAST:

The Human vs Pig albumen genes are 83% identical (Identities = 1739/2091, Gaps = 80/2091 (3%)).

The Human vs Chimp albumen genes are 99% identical (Identities = 2119/2136, Gaps = 0/2136 (0%)).

#53 Edited by Jag85 (10770 posts) -

@br0kenrabbit said:

This is from BLAST:

The Human vs Pig albumen genes are 83% identical (Identities = 1739/2091, Gaps = 80/2091 (3%)).

The Human vs Chimp albumen genes are 99% identical (Identities = 2119/2136, Gaps = 0/2136 (0%)).

What about mice?

#54 Posted by br0kenrabbit (15094 posts) -

@Jag85 said:

What about mice?

92%

#55 Edited by Jag85 (10770 posts) -

@br0kenrabbit said:

@Jag85 said:

What about mice?

92%

So we have more in common with mice than with pigs? I find that a bit hard to believe...

#56 Posted by br0kenrabbit (15094 posts) -

@Jag85 said:

So we have more in common with mice than with pigs? I find that a bit hard to believe...

Use the tool yourself, I gave you the link.

#57 Edited by Jag85 (10770 posts) -

@br0kenrabbit said:

I'm still trying to figure out how to use it...

#58 Edited by br0kenrabbit (15094 posts) -

@Jag85 said:

@br0kenrabbit said:

I'm still trying to figure out how to use it...

Blast Docs

#59 Posted by Jag85 (10770 posts) -

@br0kenrabbit:

I tried do a search, and the albumin results I'm getting seem to suggest around 81-95% identities with chimpanzees and around 86-100% identities with pigs. But I'm not too sure if I'm doing it right.

#60 Edited by br0kenrabbit (15094 posts) -

@Jag85 said:

@br0kenrabbit:

I tried do a search, and the albumin results I'm getting seem to suggest around 81-95% identities with chimpanzees and around 86-100% identities with pigs. But I'm not too sure if I'm doing it right.

Give me a screenshot of the program after you enter your query data but before you execute the search.

#61 Edited by Ariabed (2121 posts) -

: @br0kenrabbit: there's new studies that say we have more DNA in common with rats and mice than we do monkeys

#62 Edited by Ariabed (2121 posts) -

@lostrib: yes that's exactly what I meant, I don't know how u could have not made sense of that in the first place. what is "magic"? If you mean some higher being waved a magic wand around and pulled the universe out of a hat then no of course not, you would say its science that created it I guess, but science is only used to try and make sense of things science is a man made thing, who knows what forces created everything, is it really so far fetched to think a form of magic we cannot understand created such a magical and mystical universe, maybe maybe not.

#63 Posted by EagleEyedOne (1675 posts) -

Nice fetch topic TC.

#64 Posted by br0kenrabbit (15094 posts) -

@ariabed said:

: @br0kenrabbit: there's new studies that say we have more DNA in common with rats and mice than we do monkeys

Post them.

#65 Posted by EagleEyedOne (1675 posts) -

@br0kenrabbit said:

@ariabed said:

Post them.

Refute it.

Avatar image for girlshavefuntoo
#66 Edited by girlshavefuntoo (125 posts) -

I keep hearing so much about creationism in America like it's a big thing there.People really believe that stuff? I've never met one person who denies evolution in Norway.

#67 Posted by br0kenrabbit (15094 posts) -

@EagleEyedOne said:

@br0kenrabbit said:

@ariabed said:

Post them.

Refute it.

I posted the Blast tool above, you're free to use it at your leisure. He's making the claim, he must provide the evidence. I provided mine.

#68 Posted by br0kenrabbit (15094 posts) -

@girlshavefuntoo said:

I keep hearing so much about creationism in America like it's a big thing there.People really believe that stuff? I've never met one person who denies evolution in Norway.

Yeah we have a bunch of religious rednecks here who don't know mitochondria from Malaysia.

#69 Edited by Ariabed (2121 posts) -

@br0kenrabbit: http://skeptics.stackexchange.com/questions/13902/do-humans-share-99-of-their-dna-with-rats.

#70 Edited by br0kenrabbit (15094 posts) -

@ariabed said:

@br0kenrabbit: http://skeptics.stackexchange.com/questions/13902/do-humans-share-99-of-their-dna-with-rats.

Do you even realize that the link you gave explicitly debunks the point you're trying to prove? LOL

#71 Posted by EagleEyedOne (1675 posts) -

@br0kenrabbit said:

@EagleEyedOne said:

@br0kenrabbit said:

@ariabed said:

Post them.

Refute it.

I posted the Blast tool above, you're free to use it at your leisure. He's making the claim, he must provide the evidence. I provided mine.

Competition is the name of the game.

#72 Posted by Ariabed (2121 posts) -

@br0kenrabbit: ok hardcore blonde moment lol.

#73 Posted by Master_Live (18815 posts) -

@ariabed said:

I mean they say we evolved from monkeys, when infact we share more DNA with mice than we do mokeys.

We didn't evolved from monkeys, we share a common ancestor.

#74 Posted by RageQuit4Life (526 posts) -

Evolution is a hoax. Every time they found something that can fit to the timeline of monkey evolution, they just found undeveloped or deformed ones and claimed it as evidence for evolution. Open your eyes.

#75 Posted by Nuck81 (6795 posts) -

@RageQuit4Life said:

Evolution is a hoax. Every time they found something that can fit to the timeline of monkey evolution, they just found undeveloped or deformed ones and claimed it as evidence for evolution. Open your eyes.

Well you forgot about the retarded lizard fish having butt sex with the dyslexic monkey frog. It's an important step

#76 Edited by br0kenrabbit (15094 posts) -

@RageQuit4Life said:

I wish people would educate themselves about what they're talking about before spouting bullshit.

Apes have 24 chromosome pairs, humans and our ancestors have 23 due to a fusion of two chromosomes in the distant past.

#77 Posted by Ballroompirate (25865 posts) -

While evolution isn't 100% fact, it's more logical than 1 man and 1 woman creating the human population on earth cause that would be highly unlikely with all that inbreeding to the point we would never reach a sustainable or growing population. Creationism creates more questions than answers, too bad people don't open up their eyes to the idea creationism just not might be real.

#78 Posted by lostrib (49999 posts) -

@ariabed said:

@lostrib: yes that's exactly what I meant, I don't know how u could have not made sense of that in the first place. what is "magic"? If you mean some higher being waved a magic wand around and pulled the universe out of a hat then no of course not, you would say its science that created it I guess, but science is only used to try and make sense of things science is a man made thing, who knows what forces created everything, is it really so far fetched to think a form of magic we cannot understand created such a magical and mystical universe, maybe maybe not.

Something is just "magic" because we don't understand it yet.

Although this has nothing to do with evolution, since it's not about creating life or the universe

#79 Posted by Jag85 (10770 posts) -

@br0kenrabbit said:

@Jag85 said:

@br0kenrabbit:

Give me a screenshot of the program after you enter your query data but before you execute the search.

Okay, I did the search again, with the following search criteria, and the results I got this time are:

Human & Chimpanzee: 99% albumin, 63% alpha-fetoprotein

Human & Pig: 83% albumin, 64% alpha-fetoprotein

Mouse & Human: 77% albumin, 63% alpha-fetoprotein

@Ballroompirate said:

While evolution isn't 100% fact, it's more logical than 1 man and 1 woman creating the human population on earth cause that would be highly unlikely with all that inbreeding to the point we would never reach a sustainable or growing population. Creationism creates more questions than answers, too bad people don't open up their eyes to the idea creationism just not might be real.

That has little to do with creationism. There would still have been some inbreeding involved among early humans, since our genes can be traced back to a single Y-chromosomal Adam and a single Mitochondrial Eve.

#80 Edited by ultimate-k (2348 posts) -

Loading Video...

Must watch presentation exposing the hoax of evolution.

Loading Video...

The anunnaki story

If you have a feeling that evolution is bullshit, I highly recommend watching these two presentations, but if you like to mindlessly believe the scientists who on a Government pay roll and just laugh at people who don't believe it and just spout herp derp you don't understand evolution then go ahead laugh at us, I don't care.

I

Avatar image for deactivated-58061ea11c905
#81 Edited by deactivated-58061ea11c905 (999 posts) -

Creationism never made any sense to me. Creationists always come of as childish and irrational to me.

And that's because evolution can explain many facts about the world that religion and creationism simply cannot.

Creationism cannot explain why...

1. some people are born ugly and others beautiful

2. some men are successful with women and others are not. Evolution can explain why that is but religion cannot.

2. some people are very strong and others very weak although genetics and epigenetics can explain why while religion and creationism cannot.

3. pain has to be so painful. Some pain is clearly maladaptive (like injury to fingernails for example) and religion cannot explain why that is.

#82 Posted by br0kenrabbit (15094 posts) -

@Jag85 said:

That has little to do with creationism. There would still have been some inbreeding involved among early humans, since our genes can be traced back to a single Y-chromosomal Adam and a single Mitochondrial Eve.

Chromosomal Adam and Mitochondrial Eve weren't contemporaries, so no inbreeding is necessary.

#83 Edited by EPICCOMMANDER (1103 posts) -

Whether or not Evolution is 100% true or not, you're definitely not going to find the answer here, on an internet forum. lol

#84 Posted by lostrib (49999 posts) -

It's too bad TC didn't try to have an actual discussion about evolution, but someone did learn how to use BLAST so that's pretty cool

#86 Posted by playmynutz (7876 posts) -

@ultimate-k: tell 'em k! Evolution is just another pagan belief, there is nothing new under the sun

#87 Edited by Wilfred_Owen (20964 posts) -

I'm only exist 83% of the time.

#88 Edited by Jag85 (10770 posts) -

@br0kenrabbit said:

Chromosomal Adam and Mitochondrial Eve weren't contemporaries, so no inbreeding is necessary.

According to recent studies, there is evidence that they were both contemporaneous, though it isn't conclusive.

@lostrib said:

It's too bad TC didn't try to have an actual discussion about evolution, but someone did learn how to use BLAST so that's pretty cool

Yup, you learn something new everyday... It was pretty baffling at first, but I think I got the hand of it.

#89 Edited by br0kenrabbit (15094 posts) -

@Jag85 said:

@br0kenrabbit said:

According to recent studies, there is evidence that they were both contemporaneous, though it isn't conclusive.

Haven't read that, would love to. Nonetheless, inbreeding is still not necessary. It just means their descendants passed the gene along through various lineages.

#90 Edited by Randolph (10542 posts) -

@magicalclick said:

Survival to the fittest, natural selection. DNA mutation, DNA mixing to offspring are facts to me.

Human evolved from monkeys is not fact.

Evolution doesn't say we evolved from monkeys. Seriously guys, if any of you moving forward are about to bring that up… you are wrong, and you do not even grasp the most fundamental basics of the theory of evolution.

#91 Edited by Ariabed (2121 posts) -

@EPICCOMMANDER: guess I could have titled the thread slightly better, my bad.

#92 Posted by Ariabed (2121 posts) -

@Master_Live: what common ancestor was that then?

#93 Edited by Nuck81 (6795 posts) -

@ultimate-k said:

Loading Video...

Must watch presentation exposing the hoax of evolution.

Loading Video...

The anunnaki story

If you have a feeling that evolution is bullshit, I highly recommend watching these two presentations, but if you like to mindlessly believe the scientists who on a Government pay roll and just laugh at people who don't believe it and just spout herp derp you don't understand evolution then go ahead laugh at us, I don't care.

I

If you want to troll you have to scale back a bit. Trolling only works when Poe's law is in effect. You're trying to hard and everyone can see through you.

That's why no one is taking your bait, you're too obvious and no one cares

Avatar image for cynical_buzzard
#94 Posted by Cynical_Buzzard (226 posts) -

Evolution is way more feasible to prove than Creationism.

#95 Edited by lostrib (49999 posts) -

@ariabed said:

@Master_Live: what common ancestor was that then?

just google it

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chimpanzee–human_last_common_ancestor

#96 Edited by Ariabed (2121 posts) -

@lostrib: k I get evolution does make sense on paper it's just I don't get at which point do we go from one species to another. Like how many species did it take to get to us, did we suddenly just spring up, was it gradual if so where is the fossil evidence of increasingly more human like beings, there should be a tonne of evidence if it was a slow process.

#97 Posted by lamprey263 (34425 posts) -

Do people who don't believe in evolution not believe in it because they have a different idea of what it means? Or they think there's a better explanation? What's the Deal?

Loading Video...

#98 Edited by Ariabed (2121 posts) -

@lamprey263: not saying don't believe in it just questioning it after all it's only a theory and it is bolstered by a few facts but there's still holes in the case for evolution, Which is why it is not 100% proven.

#99 Posted by HoolaHoopMan (9367 posts) -

Newly signed up creationist? I see people keep saying 'theory' like it means something 'unproven'. Followed by long refuted arguments that can never be put to rest. Try talking to a creationist about human chromosome number 2 or the existence of ring species and they might go cross eyed.

#100 Edited by Ariabed (2121 posts) -

@HoolaHoopMan: well hoolahoop man, your attitude is precisely what's wrong with the world today,insults and arrogance is the only way you know how to get your point across, it is true that evolution is not 100% fact it's a theory based on certain facts,so what's your point about theory, theory is not 100% fact. You effing twunt.