Ever watched a movie that was so bad that you walked out or turned it off prior to finishing it?

Avatar image for GalvatronType_R
GalvatronType_R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 GalvatronType_R
Member since 2003 • 3106 Posts

I had a $.99 Redbox rental that was set to expire. I rented Bloodshot. I regretted it 30-45 minutes in, ejected the disk, and returned it the same day.

This is an awful appalling movie. No wonder the vast majority of what Hollywood puts out is trash that appeals to the lowest common intelligence denominator.

I still don’t know how Mark Vincent has an acting career. He must have compromising pics of Hollywood execs with animals to keep getting roles and movies funded.

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -6

#2 madrocketeer
Member since 2005 • 10585 Posts

Splice comes to mind. Had some interesting premise about artificial lifeforms and question of limits of scientific pursuit, but then went completely off the rails at the sex scene. I immediately popped out the DVD at that point. Still don't know how it ended to this day, and don't really care to know.

Ugalde-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Ugalde-
Member since 2009 • 3732 Posts

one of the wolverine movies. i went to the theatre and ti was like right in the beginning of the movie and wolverine was fighting a bunch of japanese guys and i thought it was so boring i left.

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 DEVILinIRON
Member since 2006 • 8770 Posts

When I was a child my mother won tickets to a double feature, Cobra and Mad Max. We got through Cobra. But when we got to Mad Max we didn't even get much beyond the credits. We left when the policeman was watching a couple do the nasty through the sites of his rifle.

There was another time where my fellow viewer and I walked out on an Eddie Murphy film.

My stepfather is very sensitive to violence and walked (ran) out on Kill Bill. We were on vacation in Las Vegas. God only knows where he went at that time or what he did. Can't really calm down in a place like that.

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

User Lists: 19

#5 Speeny
Member since 2018 • 3357 Posts

As a kid, I remember me and my family walked out of Shark Tale (Only because me and my sister were bored by it...maybe I'd enjoy it now though. I guess I just thought Finding Nemo was better.)

Other than that, off the top of my head most recently I remember trying to watch Avengers: Endgame for the first time on a cruise ship and just couldn't get into it because people were being too loud, no subtitles either. (To be expected though I guess.) Watched it all later down the line though.

Sevenizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 Sevenizz
Member since 2010 • 6462 Posts

I had to stop watching the Last of Us 2 on YouTube because it was just stupid.

Does this count?

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#7 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58297 Posts

Not a movie, but I couldn't get into Space Force, the Netflix series. Watched it for about 10-15 minutes and not even Steve Carrel and John Malkovich could convince me to stay.

Does it get better?

@madrocketeer said:

Splice comes to mind. Had some interesting premise about artificial lifeforms and question of limits of scientific pursuit, but then went completely off the rails at the sex scene. I immediately popped out the DVD at that point. Still don't know how it ended to this day, and don't really care to know.

It only went downhill from there, turned into just a monster movie at that point. Yeah, Splice had a good start but a.) I really don't like Adrian Brody, the dude can't act, and b.) it just got a bit ridiculous.

If you want a good movie about the perils of tampering with genetics and so on, go watch Morgan. Nothing spectacular, but pretty good. It's like the organic version of the movie Ex Machina.

Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Hallenbeck77  Moderator
Member since 2005 • 16878 Posts

It was Batman and Robin--a friend paid for my ticket to go see it, but after the opening scene where they start sky surfing on the remains of an exploded missile, I said "I'm out", and left. He got mad after paying for my ticket, but I just couldn't sit through that.

claymoreman23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9 claymoreman23
Member since 2019 • 302 Posts

Inception.

byof_america

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#10 byof_america
Member since 2006 • 1952 Posts

Didn't hate it, but Wonder Woman (2017) bored me so much I turned it off when they got to the part where they travel through war torn Europe.

Oldgun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Oldgun
Member since 2009 • 391 Posts

Escape Plan 2, I remember me and my wife walking out of the theater after watching maybe the 1st quarter of the movie. It was really bad.

rmpumper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By rmpumper
Member since 2016 • 2133 Posts

Yeah, the last one I quit was the overrated A Quiet Place. Such a dumb premise and situations.

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11125 Posts

Superman Returns. It was so boring I couldn't carry on watching. I think Superman never even hit anyone in that movie.

@mrbojangles25 Space Force has a few funny moments but it never lived up to the hype(?). I found it kind of cute and enjoyable overall, something silly I would watch while having dinner. You're not really missing out on anything special.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#14 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58297 Posts

@rmpumper said:

Yeah, the last one I quit was the overrated A Quiet Place. Such a dumb premise and situations.

Dude, really? One of the best horror movies in recent years.

The fact it's a monster movie, yet has great acting, really good cinematography, a great gimmick (the whole quiet thing) that really worked for it, and so on.

We are living in a horror renaissance. For a few years there we had good horror movies, but they were often goofy and comedies as well (Cabin in the Woods, for example). But now we have horror movies we can actually take seriously, and it is great.

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#15 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

I've watched some truly awful movies, but I'm stubborn as hell and usually HAVE to finish a movie when I start it. There was a Netflix movie called Abbatoir I had to stop watching because of how boring it was. But to this day, one of the only other movies I've turned off because I couldn't force myself to continue watching is the first Pitch Perfect movie. Every frame of it made me cringe, and I was able to predict the story arc from the get go, as I later found out from someone who had watched the movie. I do not understand how that's a series with three movies, I do not understand why people like it, and I do not understand how writing that bad could be considered good by anybody.