Ever had an ex contact you after a long time?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DigitalExile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 DigitalExile
Member since 2008 • 16046 Posts

A few hours ago I had a really weird conversation with an ex. I haven't had any contact with her for 3 years and out of nowhere today she told me she had a dream about me, and she'd contacted me to say she was sorry for what had happened all those years ago.

It's just weird because of the situation her and I were in, and that there was no real reason why we should have broken up beyond her "selfish needs" (which I won't go into). At the time I didn't blame her (although I was upset) and now I still don't. I just think 3 years is a pretty long time to randomly get into contact with someone, especially over a dream, and considering there was never any real "blame". It was quite surreal and I just don't know what to make of it.

Has anyone else had a similar experience?

Snipes_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 Snipes_2
Member since 2009 • 17126 Posts

Nah, I don't have any contacts outside of my House :)

XilePrincess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 XilePrincess
Member since 2008 • 13130 Posts
Yeah, a month or two ago. He sent me a facebook message and friend request, and when I asked him why he'd randomly contact me after we hadn't spoken a word to each other in a year and a half, he says "I dunno, just wanted to see how life was", which coming from him means he'd just like to pry his way back into my life for whatever reason. I told him to shove it and denied his friend requests, and that was the end of that.
Avatar image for deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
deactivated-5ac102a4472fe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
Member since 2007 • 7431 Posts

It happened a few times, I guess I leave a lasting impression...

Ive once came back together with an ex after 4 years... it was fairly akward,and in the end it did not last long.

And a few times one of two of them decided to contact me again for conversations and things like that...

I must admit that I do not really like it, it feels odd... It is hard to know how to act when you meet someone you once had a relationship with.

Kenny789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#5 Kenny789
Member since 2006 • 10434 Posts
Long ago she contacted me and said sorry and that was it. Fast forward just about a year and we started contacting each other again. Feels weird yet good at the same time.
Ronstera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Ronstera
Member since 2007 • 6112 Posts
Yeah, that happens to me a lot..
locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts
One drunk text message insulting me. At least I think, it was pretty garbled...
X360PS3AMD05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 X360PS3AMD05
Member since 2005 • 36320 Posts
No, i wish i had an ex
Avatar image for 205212669269561485377169522720

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#10 205212669269561485377169522720
Member since 2005 • 14458 Posts

Well i broke up with my ex and after a few months she contacted me and wanted us to at least stay in contact and ironically we became real good friends after a few months similar to how it sorta was before we started to date in the first place.

However, I still do have feelings for her and it gets hard at times but oh well, can't really runaway now because she pretty much said she's not letting me go.:P ... Even after having some "fun" after we got rather tipsy last summer.:P

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts

Well i broke up with my ex and after a few months she contacted me and wanted us to at least stay in contact and ironically we became real good friends after a few months similar to how it sorta was before we started to date in the first place.

However, I still do have feelings for her and it gets hard at times but oh well, can't really runaway now because she pretty much said she's not letting me go.:P ... Even after having some "fun" after we got rather tipsy last summer.:P

sanim02

...hehehe....

Strider_91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 Strider_91
Member since 2007 • 6570 Posts
Nah that's not happened, be extremely weird if it did.. Not one to hang back in the past relationship wise..
Quaker-w00ts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Quaker-w00ts
Member since 2009 • 1646 Posts

about an hour and 10 minutes ago.

pretty awkward talking to someone who thinks they know you and they havent talked to you in 2 and a half years.

Corvan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#14 Corvan
Member since 2007 • 551 Posts

i have had this happen not just once but twice. the first one, I will never care about..the crap she pulled and then 3 years later calls to try and say sorry..Nope never worked. second one came to my door after a year of no talking..to apologize. So i been in that boat man..feels weird.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

I've run into one of my ex's before. But since my last split I havent spoken to her for nearly 4 months.

zmbi_gmr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 zmbi_gmr
Member since 2008 • 3590 Posts

my high school love contacted me after a few years of not talking to one another. it was weird, but nice at the same time. we were together for a little over 2 years, and when we split up it crushed me inside. now i'm married, and have a great life, and so does she. she asked for us (spouses included) to get together for dinner or something, but i said no. i don't have feelings for her, but i just didn't see the point in trying to re-make a friendship together. she was my first, and i was her first. well things like that would just make a friendship very awkward. i can picture my wife sitting there thinking 'so this was my husbands first love', and although my wife would not have any problem with an occasional get together ( she's far from the jealous type) i just couldn't do that to her. my ex understood, but to this day she will occasionally give me a call to see how things are going. it's kinda weird because after all this time i have never been the one to try and reconnect with her. i've moved on, and once lovers ( regardless if it's High School love or not) it would just be odd to try and have a friendship. well that's my story...

caityful

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 caityful
Member since 2010 • 1210 Posts
Sort of. I stay friends with exes... which is kind of weird. But there was one that after months of not talking to me, just showed up, as if nothing happened... It's most disconcerting.
Xx_Hopeless_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Xx_Hopeless_xX
Member since 2009 • 16562 Posts

no i haven't..

mrmusicman247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 mrmusicman247
Member since 2008 • 17601 Posts
Yeah it has. What was even more awkward was I deleted her number, and she called. So i answered asking who it was after she apologized about what happened.
AngrySpider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 AngrySpider
Member since 2010 • 315 Posts

[QUOTE="sanim02"]

locopatho

...hehehe....

:lol:

I've had an ex contact me before, and it was pretty much the same thing as TC's story. We broke up, nothing I did, infact she didn't even tell me we broke up, she just wouldn't answer my phone calls, and then her friend told me. Few years later, she sends me an IM and we started talking, we almost got back together, then she played the "I want to wait until my grades are better to date you." game and then ended up dating someone else instead. That's when I basically said screw you (except in a different phrase) and kept away.

Interestingly enough, she has tried to contact me after that, too.

UltimoIce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#21 UltimoIce
Member since 2009 • 3074 Posts

All the time. Especially relationships that ended oddly, such as both of us just stopped communicating one day. Those always come back and ask what happened about a year or two later.

But being a decent person in general, it is inevitable that after a cruddy relationship my ex's come back to someone that was actually nice. Trick is to just stay strong. What's done is done.

MistressMinako

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#22 MistressMinako
Member since 2008 • 45964 Posts
Yeah... he added me to Facebook a few months ago... I haven't seen him since he graduated from HS which was like 5 years ago... Told me he missed me and wanted to talk to me for so long... I told him he must haven't missed me that much, my house and cell number has been the same since then..
DigitalExile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 DigitalExile
Member since 2008 • 16046 Posts

Yeah... he added me to Facebook a few months ago... I haven't seen him since he graduated from HS which was like 5 years ago... Told me he missed me and wanted to talk to me for so long... I told him he must haven't missed me that much, my house and cell number has been the same since then.. MistressMinako
Heh, yeah everything is the same for me. EVERYTHING, so I didn't have much to tell and I felt weird asking her about a few things. But her and I won't (and can't) get back together anyway. And since we brokeup without real conclusion some feelings are still there so I dunno. It's just weird.

th3warr1or

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#24 th3warr1or
Member since 2007 • 20637 Posts

[QUOTE="sanim02"]

locopatho

...hehehe....

Oh my god, way to find innuendo in a post.
entropyecho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 entropyecho
Member since 2005 • 22053 Posts

Actually no, I've never meant that much to anyone before.

TecmoGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 TecmoGirl
Member since 2007 • 3965 Posts

This just happen two days ago to be precise; It's been a few years and I wasn't expecting it but he gave me a genuine apology(something very rare from a guy to me) for playing with my emotions many years ago. That really put a smile on my face even though I still gave him a little attitude about it--i'm very proud of him for manning up and reaching out to me for that. I'm actually considering doing the same but I wouldn't even know where to begin with all the people I'd have to get in touch with and i'm a little too set in my ways at the moment.

Atmanix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Atmanix
Member since 2009 • 6927 Posts

A few years ago a girl I was very interested in once upon a time asked if I wanted to go to a movie and dinner. I told her I was flattered but that I was married now. She asked me how close I was to my wife... conversation got a little weird at that point.

Daavpuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

#28 Daavpuke
Member since 2009 • 13771 Posts
My ex does so all the time. At first it was rather bothersome, but I've learnt to deal with it and treat it for what it is.
mindstorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 mindstorm
Member since 2003 • 15255 Posts
My cell phone likes to call people randomly when it is in my pocket even when it's locked. One day, my phone decided to be funny and call an ex-girlfriend who I had been saving up an engagement ring for. The "funny" thing is, my phone decided to call about a week after her wedding day. I realized this several minutes after the call and thankfully did not have to speak with her. However, the next day she tried to call back. I did not answer. While I have nothing against her, I simply cannot emotionally handle speaking with her even though we broke up over 2 years ago.
btaylor2404

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#30 btaylor2404
Member since 2003 • 11353 Posts
Yeah, it's never usually good other than a quick catching up. Though exciting at first, I try to always remember the reason we didn't work out, and finish up the conversation.
XilePrincess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 XilePrincess
Member since 2008 • 13130 Posts
[QUOTE="mindstorm"]My cell phone likes to call people randomly when it is in my pocket even when it's locked. One day, my phone decided to be funny and call an ex-girlfriend who I had been saving up an engagement ring for. The "funny" thing is, my phone decided to call about a week after her wedding day. I realized this several minutes after the call and thankfully did not have to speak with her. However, the next day she tried to call back. I did not answer. While I have nothing against her, I simply cannot emotionally handle speaking with her even though we broke up over 2 years ago.

You mean you were saving up for a ring while you were together, right? not when your phone called her?
mindstorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 mindstorm
Member since 2003 • 15255 Posts
[QUOTE="mindstorm"]My cell phone likes to call people randomly when it is in my pocket even when it's locked. One day, my phone decided to be funny and call an ex-girlfriend who I had been saving up an engagement ring for. The "funny" thing is, my phone decided to call about a week after her wedding day. I realized this several minutes after the call and thankfully did not have to speak with her. However, the next day she tried to call back. I did not answer. While I have nothing against her, I simply cannot emotionally handle speaking with her even though we broke up over 2 years ago.XilePrincess
You mean you were saving up for a ring while you were together, right? not when your phone called her?

Yes. Words, not always good, my ability to use them.
Avatar image for deactivated-6016f2513d412
deactivated-6016f2513d412

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 deactivated-6016f2513d412
Member since 2007 • 20414 Posts
Yeah, that's happened to me before. It's kind of weird but nice at the same time. Relationships with exes are interesting and can't be compared to any other types of relationships.
tofu-lion91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 tofu-lion91
Member since 2008 • 13496 Posts
Kind of. I'd been seeing a guy for a couple of weeks but it didn't work out because I wanted no strings fun and he wanted a proper relationship. A couple of years later he contacts me on Facebook just asking how I was. I knew there must've been a reason for him randomly contacting me, found out he'd split up with his gf and wanted a shoulder to cry on. I wasn't impressed lol :P