DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By DEVILinIRON
Member since 2006 • 6550 Posts

Currently ending the slog that is Bottom, a BBC comedy show. Unfortunately I haven't found it that funny. Here's to hoping the last episode of season 1 is a cliffhanger.

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 5

#2 Speeny
Member since 2018 • 2944 Posts

Yeah, I’ve done it numerous times if I think I know what you’re referring to? (Dropping a movie/tv series.)

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 DEVILinIRON

@speeny: Yes. You are correct.

GirlUSoCrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4  Edited By GirlUSoCrazy
Member since 2015 • 13176 Posts

Fast Sofa

Also that final footage in Blackkklansman is hard to watch

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 DEVILinIRON

@girlusocrazy: Yeah it is.

warmblur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 warmblur
Member since 2017 • 7524 Posts

I can't sit through movies like I use to my mind is always racing stupid life got in the way of my enjoyment of media.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 13339 Posts

All the time. Sometimes I go through a dozen videos until I find one I can destress to.

Sancho_Panzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Sancho_Panzer
Member since 2015 • 1782 Posts

I don't usually get as far as contemplating. I turn them off if I'm not enjoying them. Same goes for books.

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#9 Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20168 Posts

There's a part of me that wants to finish something bad like a TV show or movie out of spite. Like if I stop watching then I've let it defeat me, somehow. But realistically, there are a limited number of hours I have in the day for entertainment. No reason to waste time watching something I'm not enjoying (or at least finding interesting). I just wish some of the streaming services like Netflix had a way to mark something as "I'm not interested in this, please don't show it to me anymore".

Sancho_Panzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Sancho_Panzer
Member since 2015 • 1782 Posts

@Byshop said:

There's a part of me that wants to finish something bad like a TV show or movie out of spite. Like if I stop watching then I've let it defeat me, somehow. But realistically, there are a limited number of hours I have in the day for entertainment. No reason to waste time watching something I'm not enjoying (or at least finding interesting). I just wish some of the streaming services like Netflix had a way to mark something as "I'm not interested in this, please don't show it to me anymore".

Good luck with that.

I've spent years trying to train Youtube not to show me one particular tech channel, and it still sneaks the lanky fella back in every few months. Like... maybe, in spite of all the hours you've spent clicking "not interested" and painstakingly filling out explanations why not, just *maybe* you actually are interested?

omegaMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By omegaMaster
Member since 2017 • 1847 Posts

I've never heard of Bottom on the BBC. It's a bit before my time.

Do you remember a UK TV film called The Woman in Black? I remember watching that on a justin.tv stream, there was one scene that scared the crap out of me. I never finished it because it was scary

monstazerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 monstazerk
Member since 2021 • 7 Posts

Weirdly enough, I haven't sat down and watched a movie/TV show on my own in a long time. Usually it's with my GF. I always say movie/TV is the one form of media I can't consume because it's too "casual" for me. I engage with a book and video game differently than I do a movie so I usually get bored. :(

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#13 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 45724 Posts

Yes. 24 comes to mind. A few decent first seasons, went down the shitter that even it's nonsense became nonsense.