Ever came hungover to work?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 themajormayor
Member since 2011 • 25729 Posts

That's what I'm doing now löl. And yesterday. And tomorrow.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By jaydan
Member since 2015 • 8360 Posts

Ohhhh yes.

Years ago in my early twenties I went to a party despite the fact I knew I had work in the morning the next day. I originally intended to stay for a shorter period and drink not so much - but hey - I got carried away and I got flat out wasted. So wasted I did not go home that night and I woke up at 6am on the couch at the house. I looked down at my arm and I noticed I had sharpie marks on me that read "XXX Superstar" and glitter all over my hair and body. I rubbed out the sharpie the best I could and shook off whatever glitter I could.

I noticed I had just a short time before I had to clock in at work and I realized how fucked up I was. I freaked out and jumped up, dipped from the party house and rushed to work. I felt like complete shit, and to make matters worse I had no time whatsoever to shower and get ready so I just went into work as is. My hair was a complete mess, my breath stank - it was just awful.

So I clock into work and one of my coworkers was one of the first people to interact with me that day, and he asked me to help him set up tables outside, and for a moment I helped him carry a table and a moment later I felt horribly nauseous, I looked at my coworker (he was one of the chill ones so he understood and didn't care) and said "I need to go to the restroom right now." He knew what was up and was laughing and said it's cool and go ahead, so I dropped my end of the table and ran straight to the public restroom and into a stall and jumped straight to the toilet and I started hurling mad puke straight into the bowl. A customer taking a crap a couple stalls down from me was like, "are you going to be okay, partner?" And I was just like "...yes." I puked a second time during my shift that day.

I barely crawled halfway through my shift and finally made it to my break, which I spent passed out in my car with my arm covering my face to keep the light out. During my break one of my friends came up to my car to say hi to me, but as I had my arm covering my face and my elbow facing him, that's when he noticed a detail I missed and the first thing he said to me was "dude, they drew on you!" I groan and turn my head to him and say "I know, they drew 'XXX superstar' on my arm--" and my friend quickly replied "--no, they drew on you. Look at your elbow!" And I look and notice I had a fat penis drawn under my elbow the entire time I was working that day, and I was covered in glitter and it was just getting all over the place. Son of a bitch, I couldn't believe I was walking around half of the day with a fat penis sharpie'd on my elbow.

By the end of the day I managed to make it through work just barely alive. I thought I was gonna die that day.

SolidSnake35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By SolidSnake35
Member since 2005 • 58971 Posts

Yes. I don't know why I do it to myself because the day drags and I feel like death. Woke up once feeling not too bad, just a little dizzy, but after a short while I had to throw up after some offered me a coffee. Just having it in front of me was a torture. I've also missed days for the same reason. Waking up and knowing what lay in store was enough to stay in bed. I suppose it's good to have a job that permits that.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14788 Posts

Yeah a couple times. Always regretted the decision...going to work.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

1.Havent slept all night for a addicting game,went to work next day.

2.Very drunk last night,woke up in dawn for office tour.

3.Sick,vomiting.Went to work for completing responsibility of the day in office.

You will ask why?we dont get paid on leave day unless we are critically ill(need doctors prescription).

goodzorr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6 goodzorr
Member since 2017 • 506 Posts

My boss even said whilst we were sat in the office chatting the other day, "Why would you book off a day to be hungover, work's the best place to be hungover!"

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#7 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts

Was really hungover once and just ended up going home since I easily passed as seeming sick. Towards the end of my days at this particular job I would go in buzzed. Really dumb, but I hated that place and being alive at this point in time.

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#8 with_teeth26  Online
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

Oh yea. Back in University pretty regularly when I worked in the summers. I remember one time I got into work hung over and was immidiately asked to help move a bunch of heavy furniture around, which resulted in me having to run into the bathroom to vomit after a few minutes.

Now, I have the option to work from home so If I find myself really hungover I'll just do that.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127492 Posts

Not hung over, though tired. If I had to be at work by 8 am I never had any alcohol after 10pm the day before.

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#10 Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

I work in corporate consulting... so... yeah.

-Byshop

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#11  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58155 Posts

I make alcohol for a living.

so yes. Very much yes. Almost a requirement about once a week.

Not really, not any more. Back in my 20's I definitely drank a lot at my last job, but now I have a good paying job with benefits so I don't really "drink" my benefits like I used to.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#13 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

Just to school. My eyes must have been so red though.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#14  Edited By Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@themajormayor said:

That's what I'm doing now löl. And yesterday. And tomorrow.

Of course not

I take my job serious and respect my employer also i do not touch any form of alcohol.

But let me guess you work in retail?

themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 themajormayor

@jaydan: that story is pretty hilarious. Made me laugh for real. Sounds like a good night

themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By themajormayor

@Jacanuk: no, IT

PopGotcha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#17 PopGotcha
Member since 2016 • 716 Posts

Yeah I used to heaps, but I could always hold a hangover pretty well. Then I turned 26. If I want to drink, I never have anything planned the next day. Work, events, appointments. nothing. it isn't pretty LUL

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 MrGeezer
Member since 2002 • 59765 Posts

Yeah, a few times. It sucked. That's why I started making a point not to get hungover when I have to go to work.

Furthermore, I then realized that being hungover sucks even when I don't have to go to work. So that's why I try to make a point to not get hungover AT ALL.

Don't get me wrong, I love my alcohol. But I kind of learned that when I pass my limit, it doesn't really end up in me having a better time and then it ALSO ends up in me later feeling like I'm going to die. Not worth it. Some people think I'm a stick in the mud when drinks start getting passed around and I say "nope, I'm done", but I'[ve decided long ago that getting $***faced isn't worth it. I like to drink, but once I've hit my limit for the night, that's it. I'm out.

stuff238

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#19 stuff238
Member since 2012 • 3284 Posts

I used to drink at work.

Actually, I have drank at every job I ever had...

Skarwolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#21  Edited By Skarwolf
Member since 2006 • 2718 Posts

In my early 20s I worked at Canadian Tire a department store. Almost every weekend I'd be hurting. One time it was so bad I was hiding in the warehouse most of the day & when I had to help someone I was seriously focusing on not dry heaving. One time I had to sign some people up for a fishing license. I had to excuse myself and walk to the back open door and barf outside then come back 3 x while signing them up.

My boss warned me about calling in sick all the time. I asked him to stop scheduling me first thing in the morning... let me come in at 12 instead. So he did and it was better.... still hungover but not as bad.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178808 Posts

Yep. Even did PT hung over. Not the most fun I've had............

TheFlush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#23 TheFlush
Member since 2002 • 5965 Posts

Yeah sometimes we go out with colleagues and my boss and crash and stay the night at our office. Then the next day it's work as usual haha, although sometimes it is kinda hard.