Emmy's acknowledging "most pirated"

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by golfer13last (324 posts) -

During the Emmy Awards this year I notice they're now acknowledging the shows which were pirated the most. Personally I think this sort of dissolves the taboo aura which surrounds the topic of piracy. Maybe like other topics which are not more quickly accepted like marijuana. Although its illegal (piracy) its used by a large numbers of people.

What do you guys think?

#2 Edited by SaintLeonidas (26735 posts) -

Huh? Not sure how nominating a show, based on its quality (according to voter preference) has anything to do with piracy. Plus, which shows are you talking about? 'Game of Thrones', for example, has been nominated for best Drama Series since its first season. It is not just now being acknowledged.

#3 Posted by MrGeezer (59300 posts) -

I didn't watch the Emmys. Can someone tell me the context in which this piracy was "acknowledged"?

#4 Posted by SaintLeonidas (26735 posts) -

@MrGeezer said:

I didn't watch the Emmys. Can someone tell me the context in which this piracy was "acknowledged"?

I watched it and have no idea what he is referencing. The shows nominated, that are on some "most" pirated lists, have been receiving recognition by the Emmys for years.

If Meyers, the host, or a presenter mentioned it (which I can't remember them doing), I still don't get how that matters. It wouldn't be the first time. I mean, I really have no idea what this "taboo aura" is he mentioned. Piracy is talked about ALL the time by the TV/Film industry.

Whole topic has me scratching my damn head.

#5 Edited by Master_Live (18821 posts) -

Meyers mention it in the opening monologue.

#6 Posted by MrGeezer (59300 posts) -

@Master_Live said:

What was said about it?

#7 Posted by SaintLeonidas (26735 posts) -

@MrGeezer said:

@Master_Live said:

What was said about it?

"Blacklist was the most DVR'd, Game of Thrones was the most pirated, and Duck Dynasty the most VCR-taped." Only thing I can find of him mentioning it.

#8 Edited by Master_Live (18821 posts) -

@MrGeezer said:

@Master_Live said:

What was said about it?

Loading Video...

#9 Posted by humanistpotato (555 posts) -

lol

#10 Posted by golfer13last (324 posts) -

@Master_Live: thanks that's what I was talking about. Yeah, maybe they have mentioned them on the emmy's before, I just thought it was interesting.