EMINEM- The Greatest Rapper to Ever Live

• 152 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

RamboSymbiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 RamboSymbiot
Member since 2007 • 6302 Posts

If you combine his whole catalog of music, His amazing flow and ryhme scheme, his appearences on other artists albums, the amount of albums he's sold world wide, plus his enormous fan base around the world. Its impossible to say he's not the greatest rapper to ever live.

He is a Legend...period

jarhead1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 jarhead1990
Member since 2005 • 2079 Posts

He is one of my favorite Rappers but i think artist's like 2pac & Eazy-E are more talented. IMHO

kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 kitty  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 115429 Posts
hes not the greatest, but i'll say he's one of the best
Apocalypse33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Apocalypse33
Member since 2006 • 19413 Posts
Eazy-E used ghostwriters
southy787

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 southy787
Member since 2005 • 14571 Posts
So he's a legend because he's popular?
Shiggums

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#6 Shiggums
Member since 2007 • 21436 Posts

I'm gonna just answer the title:

No he isn't.

PickGlove243

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 PickGlove243
Member since 2007 • 3144 Posts

So he's a legend because he's popular?southy787

You do have to be popular before you can be considered a legend....

although that doesn't necceseraly make you good....

Avatar image for deactivated-5901ac91d8e33
deactivated-5901ac91d8e33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 deactivated-5901ac91d8e33
Member since 2004 • 17092 Posts

Tupac is/was far better...

RamboSymbiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 RamboSymbiot

So he's a legend because he's popular?southy787

Amazing flow and rhyme scheme. Thats why he's a legend. Plus all the other stuff. read my post again there southy

jarhead1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 jarhead1990
Member since 2005 • 2079 Posts
Forgot to mention Nas & Common, also two more talented rappers imo. And i did not know that about Eazy-E lol i lost some respect for the guy. But i still dig his music.
Tjeremiah1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Tjeremiah1988
Member since 2003 • 16665 Posts

If you combine his whole catalog of music, His amazing flow and ryhme scheme, his appearences on other artists albums, the amount of albums he's sold world wide, plus his enormous fan base around the world. Its impossible to say he's not the greatest rapper to ever live.

He is a Legend...period

RamboSymbiot

u dont give up, do u? :|

Avatar image for DeeJayInphinity
DeeJayInphinity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 DeeJayInphinity
Member since 2004 • 13415 Posts
His lyrics are the best imo, I've always thought that other rapper's lyrics are just strung together because they rhyme, and when they don't rhyme they just change the word a little so it does rhyme.
Grouchu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#13 Grouchu
Member since 2003 • 7117 Posts

As much as I dislike rap..

Tupac is/was far better...

jointed

That's a fact.

Clone_Dad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 Clone_Dad
Member since 2006 • 1206 Posts
doesnt he get blamed for murders? ha ha.
killtactics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 killtactics
Member since 2004 • 5957 Posts
only ppl who no nothing about old school rap would think that m&m is even good...
Avatar image for SuperSaiyanLink
SuperSaiyanLink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 SuperSaiyanLink
Member since 2003 • 19542 Posts
I'll pass. He was better in the Slim Shady days.
Celldweller465

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Celldweller465
Member since 2007 • 157 Posts
Eminem is the one I like, so I agree
Greatgone12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Greatgone12
Member since 2005 • 25469 Posts
Blackalicious, Mantronix, A Tribe Called Quest, GZA, De La Soul, and Kool Keith disagree.
RamboSymbiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 RamboSymbiot

only ppl who no nothing about old school rap would think that m&m is even good...killtactics

100% wrong. I know everything about old school rap. my collection of music from the 80's and early 90's are in the hundreds;)

killtactics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 killtactics

[QUOTE="killtactics"]only ppl who no nothing about old school rap would think that m&m is even good...RamboSymbiot

100% wrong. I know everything about old school rap. my collection of music from the 80's and early 90's are in the hundreds;)

listen to ready to die....
Apocalypse33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Apocalypse33
[QUOTE="RamboSymbiot"]

[QUOTE="killtactics"]only ppl who no nothing about old school rap would think that m&m is even good...killtactics

the quality of ready to die = eminem sux???
bradleybhoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 bradleybhoy
Member since 2005 • 6501 Posts

Rambo = The Real Stan

killtactics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 killtactics
[QUOTE="killtactics"][QUOTE="RamboSymbiot"]

[QUOTE="killtactics"]only ppl who no nothing about old school rap would think that m&m is even good...Apocalypse33

no m&m suck b/c he does.... but im just showing u an example of a CD that m&m couldn't even get close too... also m&m did make a CD of2pac's old songs and it was the worst pac album.....

killtactics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 killtactics

Rambo = The Real Stan

bradleybhoy
im still waiting
Recycleation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Recycleation
Member since 2007 • 2758 Posts

I think yyou mean

EMINEM - the greatest candy alive

Bobby_Oz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Bobby_Oz
Member since 2004 • 4155 Posts
Mediocre at best. Weird Al is better.
Apocalypse33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Apocalypse33
[QUOTE="Apocalypse33"][QUOTE="killtactics"][QUOTE="RamboSymbiot"]

[QUOTE="killtactics"]only ppl who no nothing about old school rap would think that m&m is even good...killtactics

no m&m suck b/c he does.... but im just showing u an example of a CD that m&m couldn't even get close too... also m&m did make a CD of2pac's old songs and it was the worst pac album.....

I liked Loyal to the Game, and Ready to Die is great, but Biggie is overrated
bradleybhoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 bradleybhoy
Member since 2005 • 6501 Posts
[QUOTE="bradleybhoy"]

Rambo = The Real Stan

killtactics

im still waiting

For what?

killtactics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 killtactics
[QUOTE="killtactics"][QUOTE="Apocalypse33"][QUOTE="killtactics"][QUOTE="RamboSymbiot"]

[QUOTE="killtactics"]only ppl who no nothing about old school rap would think that m&m is even good...Apocalypse33

look at the reviews of loyal to the game and its very low..the funny thing is 2pac would 't have rapped with all the wannabes on that album in the first place.. also name me a m&m song better then "give me the loot"...
Apocalypse33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Apocalypse33
[QUOTE="Apocalypse33"][QUOTE="killtactics"][QUOTE="Apocalypse33"][QUOTE="killtactics"][QUOTE="RamboSymbiot"]

look at the reviews of loyal to the game and its very low..the funny thing is 2pac would 't have rapped with all the wannabes on that album in the first place.. also name me a m&m song better then "give me the loot"...

'Til I Collapse, and i didnt realize reviews dictated my own opinion.
killtactics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 killtactics
[QUOTE="killtactics"][QUOTE="Apocalypse33"][QUOTE="killtactics"][QUOTE="Apocalypse33"][QUOTE="killtactics"][QUOTE="RamboSymbiot"]

does he talk about raping his mommy on that song to? and the point i was trying to make isa real pac fan knows that loyal to the game sucked...
nickyb628

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#32 nickyb628
Member since 2005 • 10303 Posts
[QUOTE="killtactics"][QUOTE="Apocalypse33"][QUOTE="killtactics"][QUOTE="RamboSymbiot"]

In your opinion of course. The reason he is so great is because of what he brought to the rap scene that had never been done before. His flows were unheard of in those times, that is what makes him so great really.

Apocalypse33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Apocalypse33
[QUOTE="Apocalypse33"][QUOTE="killtactics"][QUOTE="Apocalypse33"][QUOTE="killtactics"][QUOTE="Apocalypse33"][QUOTE="killtactics"][QUOTE="RamboSymbiot"]

does he talk about raping his mommy on that song to? and the point i was trying to make isa real pac fan knows that loyal to the game sucked...

no its not mr. ignorant, i know pac fans who liked loyal to the game, and wtf does Em's production have to do with his rapping, thats like saying Dre is the GOAT because he is a great producer. Go listen to some Shop Boyz or Jeezy and GTFO this board, you suck at arguing,
Apocalypse33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Apocalypse33
[QUOTE="Apocalypse33"][QUOTE="killtactics"][QUOTE="Apocalypse33"][QUOTE="killtactics"][QUOTE="RamboSymbiot"]

[QUOTE="killtactics"]only ppl who no nothing about old school rap would think that m&m is even good...nickyb628

In your opinion of course. The reason he is so great is because of what he brought to the rap scene that had never been done before. His flows were unheard of in those times, that is what makes him so great really.

i agree, i just dont think he has enough material to warrant all the credit he gets, yes i realize his life was cut short and it wasnt his fault, but still 2 albums isnt enough
nickyb628

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 nickyb628

[QUOTE="nickyb628"][QUOTE="Apocalypse33"][QUOTE="killtactics"][QUOTE="Apocalypse33"][QUOTE="killtactics"][QUOTE="RamboSymbiot"]

i agree, i just dont think he has enough material to warrant all the credit he gets, yes i realize his life was cut short and it wasnt his fault, but still 2 albums isnt enough

I don't mean to sound like an ass but...it's quality not quantity really. I know a lot of albums helps, but, if you have a lot of mediocre albums, to acouple of extremely good albums, then who do you think is going to get more recognition?

Apocalypse33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Apocalypse33
^^^ it has nothing to do with that, i am looking for consistency, so you need more than 2 albums, that is why Pac is so revered IMO, but i completely agree.
nickyb628

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 nickyb628

^^^ it has nothing to do with that, i am looking for consistency, so you need more than 2 albums, that is why Pac is so revered IMO, but i completely agree.Apocalypse33

Ah, gotcha. Then I would have to agree with you on the whole consistency thing too then. Let me look something up though, one second.

nickyb628

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 nickyb628
Okay, he actually had 3 albums. I had to double check on that, his third was released 2 years after his death, but it was still all of his raps. Still, 3 isn't that many, but damn, they were good.
Magna_Man109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Magna_Man109
Member since 2005 • 5527 Posts

No he is not.

GZA, RZA, Common, Nas, Hova, Papoose, Biggie, Pac, Lupe, Kanye... and many many more are better than Em.

Em was a great rapper but his material has been getting weaker.

Apocalypse33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Apocalypse33
Okay, he actually had 3 albums. I had to double check on that, his third was released 2 years after his death, but it was still all of his raps. Still, 3 isn't that many, but damn, they were good.nickyb628
i know of Born Again and i own Duets: The Final Chapter, but i heard Born Again sucks, and Duets is mediocre
RamboSymbiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 RamboSymbiot
[QUOTE="RamboSymbiot"]

I have all of biggies albums, except for the ones released after Born Again. He's amazing aswell

Apocalypse33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Apocalypse33

No he is not.

GZA, RZA, Common, Nas, Hova, Papoose, Biggie, Pac, Lupe, Kanye... and many many more are better than Em.

Magna_Man109
RZA isnt a great rapper, Papoose doesnt even have an album out yet, Kanye cant even touch Em, and Lupe is good but not that good
RamboSymbiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 RamboSymbiot
[QUOTE="Magna_Man109"]

No he is not.

Apocalypse33

RZA isnt a great rapper, Papoose doesnt even have an album out yet, Kanye cant even touch Em, and Lupe is good but not that good

RZA is a great producer..not rapper, papoose is going in the same direction Canibus went, Kanye aint even Top 100, and Lupe won't last long

nickyb628

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 nickyb628

[QUOTE="nickyb628"]Okay, he actually had 3 albums. I had to double check on that, his third was released 2 years after his death, but it was still all of his raps. Still, 3 isn't that many, but damn, they were good.Apocalypse33
i know of Born Again and i own Duets: The Final Chapter, but i heard Born Again sucks, and Duets is mediocre

My older brother owns all of them, and out of all of them, those are the 2 "worst" albums. Go out and buy the others and come back and let me know what you think, you will not be disappointed.

nickyb628

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 nickyb628
[QUOTE="Magna_Man109"]

No he is not.

Apocalypse33

It's kind of hard to compare Lupe to Eminem, they both have two completely different styles, I like them both though. Kanye can't touch Em, you're right on that, but I'll always have a soft spot for his beats hahaha, and Papoose...I don't know about him. He kind of reminds me of Lil' Wayne. He is one of those rappers that I personally wouldn't take very seriously but I would still listen to him. It's very hard for me to judge though since I haven't heard much of his stuff.

Apocalypse33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Apocalypse33

[QUOTE="Apocalypse33"][QUOTE="nickyb628"]Okay, he actually had 3 albums. I had to double check on that, his third was released 2 years after his death, but it was still all of his raps. Still, 3 isn't that many, but damn, they were good.nickyb628

My older brother owns all of them, and out of all of them, those are the 2 "worst" albums. Go out and buy the others and come back and let me know what you think, you will not be disappointed.

I have Ready toDie: The Remaster and Duets: The Final Chapter, i still need Life After Death
RamboSymbiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 RamboSymbiot
[QUOTE="nickyb628"]

[QUOTE="Apocalypse33"][QUOTE="nickyb628"]Okay, he actually had 3 albums. I had to double check on that, his third was released 2 years after his death, but it was still all of his raps. Still, 3 isn't that many, but damn, they were good.Apocalypse33

I have Ready toDie: The Remaster and Duets: The Final Chapter, i still need Life After Death

Life after Death is worth picking up but it has lots of filler. Ready To Die was classic.

Def_Jef88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Def_Jef88
Member since 2006 • 17441 Posts
He is awesome. I like Fort Minor better, but Eminem is pretty high on my list.
nickyb628

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 nickyb628
[QUOTE="Apocalypse33"][QUOTE="nickyb628"]

[QUOTE="Apocalypse33"][QUOTE="nickyb628"]Okay, he actually had 3 albums. I had to double check on that, his third was released 2 years after his death, but it was still all of his raps. Still, 3 isn't that many, but damn, they were good.RamboSymbiot

Life after Death is worth picking up but it has lots of filler. Ready To Die was classic.

Ready to Die is superb.

By the way, Eminem, when he is good, reminds me of Big Pun with his flow sometimes. Which isn't bad at all, Big Pun was a lyrical genius, he had one malicious flow. One of the bests in my opinion.

RamboSymbiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 RamboSymbiot
[QUOTE="RamboSymbiot"][QUOTE="Apocalypse33"][QUOTE="nickyb628"]

[QUOTE="Apocalypse33"][QUOTE="nickyb628"]Okay, he actually had 3 albums. I had to double check on that, his third was released 2 years after his death, but it was still all of his raps. Still, 3 isn't that many, but damn, they were good.nickyb628

Ready to Die is superb.

By the way, Eminem, when he is good, reminds me of Big Pun with his flow sometimes. Which isn't bad at all, Big Pun was a lyrical genius, he had one malicious flow. One of the bests in my opinion.

Yea Big Pun was a lyrical slaughter house.

Dead in the middle of Little Italy little did we know
that we riddled some middleman who didn't do diddily

They way he spit that above line was insane