• 61 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1 br0kenrabbit
Member since 2004 • 17859 Posts

No hunting trip this year. :(

How's a man suppose to man up these days?

I leave you with some words of wisdom from Jane's Addiction:

True hunting's over

No herds to follow

Without game, men prey on each other

The family weakens by the bite we swallow...

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

By not killing

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 br0kenrabbit

@KHAndAnime said:

By not killing

We usually eat the deer over the holidays. With the whole family in it doesn't last long.

bmanva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 bmanva
Member since 2002 • 4680 Posts

@KHAndAnime said:

By not killing

and have others do it for you.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

@bmanva said:

and have others do it for you.

Precisely. Nothing is manlier than having other people do everything for you.

Drunk_PI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 Drunk_PI
Member since 2014 • 3358 Posts

Why aren't you hunting?

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 br0kenrabbit

@drunk_pi said:

Why aren't you hunting?

Logistics issues.

Drunk_PI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Drunk_PI

@br0kenrabbit said:
@drunk_pi said:

Why aren't you hunting?

Logistics issues.

In that case, accept the situation for what it is and move on. Part of being a man has to do with dealing with things don't always go the way you want it to go but also to accept it, move on, and figure out an alternative (i.e. a butcher shop to purchase a variety of meat such as Venison or Bison to make burgers and/or steaks).

Or you could hunt the deadliest game: Man.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By br0kenrabbit

@drunk_pi said:

In that case, accept the situation for what it is and move on. Part of being a man has to do with dealing with things don't always go the way you want it to go but also to accept it, move on, and figure out an alternative (i.e. a butcher shop to purchase a variety of meat such as Venison or Bison to make burgers and/or steaks).

Man sucks. Too much fat and blubber to cut away.

I'm just gonna wait till it gets really cold, then take my shirt off and call everyone else pussies. That'll make my boys swing again.

Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts

@br0kenrabbit said:
@drunk_pi said:

I'm just gonna wait till it gets really cold, then take my shirt off and call everyone else pussies. That'll make my boys swing again.

A fever does tend to make them dangle so to keep cool.

Drunk_PI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Drunk_PI

@br0kenrabbit said:
@drunk_pi said:

No.

Go naked with a spear. Hunt a bear and kill its off-spring. Mate with beta mans' wives. Kill....

topgunmv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 topgunmv
Member since 2003 • 10880 Posts

Put reindeer antlers on a coke bottle and shoot that.

Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#13 Allicrombie
Member since 2005 • 26223 Posts

Yup.

AND1SALTTAPE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 AND1SALTTAPE
Member since 2015 • 861 Posts

Next school shooter confirmed.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#15 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

This is how I hunt IRL.

Loading Video...

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#16  Edited By raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

Your wife snipped them nuts by not allowing you to go hunting ?

If not then you are not emasculated.

I used to hunt many years ago, but not anymore, I even sold my guns ( Beretta 12 Ga shotgun and Sako .270 cal rifle ), I prefer fishing, I release them to catch them again and hopefully, bigger next time we meet.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#17 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58269 Posts

well, you're screwed. Time to get a sex change and change your name to Dainty Tits McFairytwat

Seriously, though, if you guys really do eat a deer for Christmas, maybe go get a whole hog and roast it kalua style in a whole in the ground with burlap over it.

themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By themajormayor
Member since 2011 • 25729 Posts

Word association:

Swedish men

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By br0kenrabbit

@raugutcon:

@raugutcon said:

verb past tense:

emasculated; past participle

deprive (a man) of his male role or identity. "He feels emasculated because he cannot control his sons' behavior"

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By br0kenrabbit

@mrbojangles25 said:

well, you're screwed. Time to get a sex change and change your name to Dainty Tits McFairytwat

Seriously, though, if you guys really do eat a deer for Christmas, maybe go get a whole hog and roast it kalua style in a whole in the ground with burlap over it.

Was more about the hunt. My family is spread out across several states and this is the only time of year most of us get together. A couple of days out in the bush gives us guys a chance to stroke our egos and complain about everyone else, and then come back with smiles and food.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#21  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58269 Posts

@br0kenrabbit said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

Was more about the hunt. My family is spread out across several states and this is the only time of year most of us get together. A couple of days out in the bush gives us guys a chance to stroke our egos and complain about everyone else, and then come back with smiles and food.

Oh I see. Hmmm.

Maybe go camping? For a hike? Fishing? Drive to the city and see a football game?

Have you ever homebrewed? That's a fun activity to do together.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

@br0kenrabbit said:

@raugutcon:

@raugutcon said:

verb past tense:

deprive (a man) of his male role or identity. "He feels emasculated because he cannot control his sons' behavior"

Emasculation is the removal of the penis and the testicles, the external male sex organs. Removal of the testicles alone is termed castration. Emasculation was a form of punishment in Medieval Europe and sometimes formed part of the process of being hanged, drawn and quartered.

TheHighWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 TheHighWind
Member since 2003 • 5724 Posts

@raugutcon said:
@br0kenrabbit said:

@raugutcon:

@raugutcon said:

verb past tense:

Emasculation is the removal of the penis and the testicles, the external male sex organs. Removal of the testicles alone is termed castration. Emasculation was a form of punishment in Medieval Europe and sometimes formed part of the process of being hanged, drawn and quartered.

They did it to me on my definition of "Anti-Social".

Words mean lots of things, kay guise?

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By br0kenrabbit

@raugutcon said:
@br0kenrabbit said:

@raugutcon:

@raugutcon said:

verb past tense:

• archaic- castrate (a man or male animal).

Old use. Language evolves. You won't find that definition in current use. See: http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/emasculate

and

https://www.google.com/search?q=define%3A+emasculated&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

and etc.

redrichard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 redrichard
Member since 2015 • 203 Posts

Hunting isnt manly and neither is any right of passage that boys are suppose to go through. to become men.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By br0kenrabbit

@redrichard said:

Hunting isnt manly and neither is any right of passage that boys are suppose to go through. to become men.

You do realize that much of a mans physiological makeup us due to genetic adaptations to make us better hunters, right? Of course you didn't. There isn't any activity that is more manly than hunting, it's our genetic heritage.

The dichotomy between men and women isn't just because women have babies and men don't. Don't be so metro.

supa_badman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#28 supa_badman
Member since 2008 • 16714 Posts

easy, find the next best thing:

drink yourself blind

themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 themajormayor
Member since 2011 • 25729 Posts

Being a man is just a social construct

redrichard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By redrichard

@br0kenrabbit:

Evolution doesnt dictate what activity is and isn't "manly".

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By GazaAli
Member since 2007 • 25216 Posts

That sucks. I never hunted before, but it holds a prominent rank in my wishlist in case I ever make it to a place where hunting is a thing.

Say @br0kenrabbit, what do you use for hunting? seeing how you're all for manliness and all, I hope it's not a shotgun. I'm aching to hunt with a cross and bow. Also, how does venison taste compared with beef or other common meats? its dark red is enticing. It looks so lean too, which is a big plus in my book, as I despise animal fat.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 br0kenrabbit

@redrichard said:

@br0kenrabbit:

Evolution doesnt dictate what activity is and isn't "manly".

Do some research. Men are quite adapted for hunting. Hunting is responsible for the development of many of the male secondary sexual characteristics : broad shoulders and upper body, stronger bones than females (because hunting is dangerous), the more club-like male fist, the male beard (to break up the oval shape of our face that animals instinctively look for) and for the non-obvious ones like better depth perception than females (though they see many more colors than men do...all that gathering berries and fruit and whatnot) and so on.

Hunting MADE men what men are. You can only argue against it on the grounds of ignorance.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 br0kenrabbit

@GazaAli said:

That sucks. I never hunted before, but it holds a prominent rank in my wishlist in case I ever make it to a place where hunting is a thing.

Say @br0kenrabbit, what do you use for hunting? seeing how you're all for manliness and all, I hope it's not a shotgun. I'm aching to hunt with a cross and bow. Also, how does venison taste compared with beef or other common meats? its dark red is enticing. It looks so lean too, which is a big plus in my book, as I despise animal fat.

Depends on the season and what I'm hunting. I bow-hunt turkey because the other option is bird shot, which means picking a lot of little pellets out.

Deer I hunt with a 30-06. I have hunted deer with a bow before, but there is so little margin for error. You really only have one target area with the bow: in the chest behind the forelegs. Anywhere else and not only will you be chasing the deer, but it's not going to be a pleasant experience for the deer. They won't even bleed out quickly because the arrow plugs the wound.

30-06 though, the deer might jump but it hits the ground right after.

As for the taste, it's gamey. Umm...not so sweet as what most people are used to in red meat...I'd describe it as slightly mushroomy-walnutty. Just slightly. But it also depends on the deer and its diet. The flavor isn't as consistent as store-bought beef or chicken or whatever.

It's also less tender, because those are wondering muscles, not standing around in a field muscles.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 GazaAli
Member since 2007 • 25216 Posts

@br0kenrabbit said:
@GazaAli said:

Depends on the season and what I'm hunting. I bow-hunt turkey because the other option is bird shot, which means picking a lot of little pellets out.

Deer I hunt with a 30-06. I have hunted deer with a bow before, but there is so little margin for error. You really only have one target area with the bow: in the chest behind the forelegs. Anywhere else and not only will you be chasing the deer, but it's not going to be a pleasant experience for the deer. They won't even bleed out quickly because the arrow plugs the wound.

30-06 though, the deer might jump but it hits the ground right after.

As for the taste, it's gamey. Umm...not so sweet as what most people are used to in red meat...I'd describe it as slightly mushroomy-walnutty. Just slightly. But it also depends on the deer and its diet. The flavor isn't as consistent as store-bought beef or chicken or whatever.

It's also less tender, because those are wondering muscles, not standing around in a field muscles.

This may sound cruel to some people, but I wouldn't be that concerned about the deer's experience; after all, he's dead anyway. I wouldn't want to put an animal through unnecessary suffering, sure, but my hunting experience would take precedence here. To me, hunting needs to be as primitive as one can afford; otherwise, the experience is lacking. That's why I wouldn't have a problem chasing the deer for some time, but for how long is debatable.

I'm always tight on money; that's why most of what red meat I consume isn't premium cut. But after having tried both enough times, I realized that I prefer less tender meat, as it's more flavorful while also being less fatty.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 br0kenrabbit

@GazaAli said:

This may sound cruel to some people, but I wouldn't be that concerned about the deer's experience; after all, he's dead anyway. I wouldn't want to put an animal through unnecessary suffering, sure, but my hunting experience would take precedence here. To me, hunting needs to be as primitive as one can afford; otherwise, the experience is lacking. That's why I wouldn't have a problem chasing the deer for some time, but for how long is debatable.

I'm always tight on money; that's why most of what red meat I consume isn't premium cut. But after having tried both enough times, I realized that I prefer less tender meat, as it's more flavorful while also being less fatty.

A lot of guys I know prefer bow-hunting for the same reasons. But there's the range issue as well. 200 yards is nothing with a rifle, but with a bow you gotta be close enough to smell it fart.

Bow hunting is more sitting near a food source, a mark or a salt lick and rattling/calling to draw the males out. A rifle is just easy to perch on a hill above a clearing you know deer to pass through.

Deer are smart as hell, too. If they see you before you see them, they can most definitely hide behind a tree. They'll even side-step around it to keep hidden behind it as you pass. It's hard as hell to get one in bow range, so most of the time you go bow-hunting for deer you are gonna come back empty. A rifle isn't a sure thing, but it certainly increases your chances substantially.

TheFlush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#39 TheFlush
Member since 2002 • 5965 Posts

I don't need some socially imposed 'rituals' to know that I'm a man.

redrichard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 redrichard

@br0kenrabbit: Sexual selection can contribute to men having oval faces and broad shoulders natural selection isn't the only one. You have no evidence for hunting being the main driving force in men evolution.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 br0kenrabbit

@redrichard said:

@br0kenrabbit: Sexual selection can contribute to men having oval faces and broad shoulders natural selection isn't the only one. You have no evidence for hunting being the main driving force in men evolution.

How about this: Women mated with the men who could provide. Which again means the most successful hunters.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#42 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38670 Posts

@br0kenrabbit said:
@GazaAli said:

A lot of guys I know prefer bow-hunting for the same reasons. But there's the range issue as well. 200 yards is nothing with a rifle, but with a bow you gotta be close enough to smell it fart.

Bow hunting is more sitting near a food source, a mark or a salt lick and rattling/calling to draw the males out. A rifle is just easy to perch on a hill above a clearing you know deer to pass through.

Deer are smart as hell, too. If they see you before you see them, they can most definitely hide behind a tree. They'll even side-step around it to keep hidden behind it as you pass. It's hard as hell to get one in bow range, so most of the time you go bow-hunting for deer you are gonna come back empty. A rifle isn't a sure thing, but it certainly increases your chances substantially.

there are lots of deer around where i work. i like to go running around there after work and i can get very close to the deer without them giving two shits.

they do not seem very smart : P

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 br0kenrabbit

@comp_atkins said:

there are lots of deer around where i work. i like to go running around there after work and i can get very close to the deer without them giving two shits.

they do not seem very smart : P

I'm assuming they're urban deer? Like any other wild animal, they can certainly get used to the presence of people (visit a petting zoo).

I hunt in Catoosa, not in the city. :-)

redrichard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 redrichard

@br0kenrabbit:

Survival wasn't up to only men hunting there was gathering as well done by women.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By br0kenrabbit

@redrichard said:

@br0kenrabbit:

Survival wasn't up to only men hunting there was gathering as well done by women.

But the consumption of cooked meat is what lead us to develop bigger brains.

Hunting made us human.

PimpHand_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 PimpHand_Gamer
Member since 2014 • 3048 Posts
@br0kenrabbit said:
@redrichard said:

@br0kenrabbit:

But the consumption of cooked meat is what lead us to develop bigger brains.

Hunting made us human.

That was before we had calories in a can. Just shake and pour.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By br0kenrabbit

@pimphand_gamer said:

That was before we had calories in a can. Just shake and pour.

Yeah, back when men were men and the world still stood to be conquered.

redrichard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 redrichard

@br0kenrabbit: Not sure what your point is I never argued hunting was not needed or not crucial to development of human.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 br0kenrabbit

@redrichard said:

@br0kenrabbit: Not sure what your point is I never argued hunting was not needed or not crucial to development of human.

Then I don't know what you're trying to argue in repeating something I already stated in post #32 above. Here again, copy-pasta from that post:

(though they see many more colors than men do...all that gathering berries and fruit and whatnot)

Then you go on to say:

So either you're not reading what I said, not understanding what I said, or you don't know what point you're trying to make. I sure don't.

PantsWearer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 PantsWearer
Member since 2015 • 69 Posts

I know how you feel. I just watched the Lion King followed by Bambi so I'm obviously in the mood for hunting right now.