• 118 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

tocaa9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 tocaa9
Member since 2003 • 1354 Posts

Drake and Eminem are coming out with albums around the same time. Who do you think will have more success?

drake ft jay z - light up

TecmoGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 TecmoGirl
Member since 2007 • 3965 Posts

My babe Drizzy Drake of course. = )

TM_Darkside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 TM_Darkside
Member since 2007 • 3993 Posts

Eminem will probably sell more, as he should. However, I thought "Despicable" which was just a promo was a much better track than "Not Afraid," which is actually going to be on Em's new album. Disappointing.

Drake is not anywhere near Em's level. Drake is pretty much just a decent rapper with sex appeal for the ladies. I also hate the delivery style he uses so much, like "If I was at the club you know I ball...Chemo." Where they drop the beat and just say a completely unrelated word. Nicki Minaj does that all the time too.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#4 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

That's a tough one...

I'll go for Eminem.

EVOLV3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 EVOLV3
Member since 2008 • 12210 Posts

Eminem will most likely out perform Drake both in terms of sales and musical performance.

PurpleHaze89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 PurpleHaze89
Member since 2008 • 807 Posts

Seriously??

Eminem all the way no doubt

Izzymoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Izzymoney
Member since 2005 • 1192 Posts

Eminem will easily outsell Drake and most other artists.

tocaa9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 tocaa9
Member since 2003 • 1354 Posts

yeah I think Em will outsell Drake but I figured it might be close since its Drake's debut album and there is hype for it

MgamerBD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 MgamerBD
Member since 2006 • 17550 Posts
Drake...He's new and the hottest thing since Sliced bread. But Em is still the better rapper. Drake got a long way to go...
Witchsight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Witchsight
Member since 2004 • 12145 Posts
My views of Drake are pretty incomplete, ive only heard him attempt to "Rap" twice... and i couldnt make it through the 2nd time. It was honestly pretty awful, and i havnt dared to follow up on it, it was such a perfect example of failure i dont want to ruin it. :o
zmbi_gmr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 zmbi_gmr
Member since 2008 • 3590 Posts

who's Drake? Eminem of course. Silly questions deserve silly answers.

mexicangordo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 mexicangordo
Member since 2005 • 8687 Posts

Wait a minute, just wait a minute. I dont wan't to sound rude, however, did anyone bother listening to Drakes new single, "light up" that he just posted and linked? That had to be one of the worst hip hop songs I have listened to in a long while. It has absolutely no rhythm, or melody. The beat is percussionbased, very reminiscent of a class trip-hop beat however he raps so fast and out of context with the rhythm. It sounds terrible to me.

Eminem no contest.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#13 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

who's Drake? Eminem of course. Silly questions deserve silly answers.

zmbi_gmr
He's that in Degrassi. Well... he was. Now he's a rapper.
Hemzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 Hemzo
Member since 2007 • 249 Posts

Eminem, Drake's good, but Eminem's been rapping forlonger and I think he is much better than Drake.

Gallion-Beast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Gallion-Beast
Member since 2005 • 35803 Posts
Josh beats the hell out of them both. [spoiler]  [/spoiler]
IcyToasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 IcyToasters
Member since 2007 • 12476 Posts

From that song, Eminem.

Edit: After hearing that "Over" song, yeah, I'm still saying Eminem. :lol:

Avatar image for XD4NTESINF3RNOX
XD4NTESINF3RNOX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17 XD4NTESINF3RNOX
Member since 2008 • 7438 Posts
Em. no question
jalexbrown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#18 jalexbrown
Member since 2006 • 11432 Posts
Well, other rappers have pushed back CDs to not compete with Eminem. How many have pushed back albums to not compete with Drake?
F1_2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 F1_2004
Member since 2003 • 8009 Posts
Love Drake, he sounds great, but Eminem is just better. btw it's crazy to think that Drake used to be that canadian kid on that show Degrassi, and now he's rapping n ****
bruinfan617

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 bruinfan617
Member since 2010 • 3767 Posts
[QUOTE="TecmoGirl"]

My babe Drizzy Drake of course. = )

Oh dear...
Avatar image for Fuhgeddabouditt
Fuhgeddabouditt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Fuhgeddabouditt
Member since 2010 • 5468 Posts

Drake....Photobucket

F1_2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 F1_2004

Drake's "Over" sounds great too.

BiancaDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#24 BiancaDK
Member since 2008 • 19092 Posts

tbh I'm digging that drake tune, no joke. Eminem kinda' bores me, he's a talented rapper no doubt, one of the best freestylers, but I've heard his stuff and it's getting kinda' old.

drake sounds fresh on this track, i'm definitely checking it out when it drops. Eminem will most likely out-perform him on sales though.

Mafiree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Mafiree
Member since 2008 • 3704 Posts
Just by hearing Drake's new song "over" I'm going to go with him.
taj7575

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#26 taj7575
Member since 2008 • 12084 Posts

Eminem by a mile. I don't like Drake. He's a pretty bad artist IMO..

XileLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#27 XileLord
Member since 2007 • 3776 Posts

Eminem will most likely out perform Drake both in terms of sales and musical performance.

EVOLV3

This

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#28 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts
Drake is a marketed product. He's an overrated fluke whose 15 minutes needs to come to an end. Eminem had better outsell him, or this industry continuously keeps getting worse. :|
bruinfan617

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 bruinfan617
Member since 2010 • 3767 Posts

Bloodseeker23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#30 Bloodseeker23
Member since 2008 • 8338 Posts
Eminem all day, sorry Drizzy.
JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 JustPlainLucas
I hate both of them since they play ***** muzik (they don't play REAL ****) but I would have to say that Em would def. pwn the ****** who advicates that it is okay to snitch (still dont give a *** bout MM cuz he disses the NAVY).Hemmaroids
Waaaaa... he disses everyone. :|
incred_davis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 incred_davis
Member since 2005 • 1166 Posts

ive been deep in hip hop since 36 chambers/est 1999came out in like 95-96. and i gotta say....eminem is the biggest joke on hip hop ive ever seen. im white and i cant stand him in all honesty.

guys like Ill bill, Necro, and even nerdcore guys like MC CHRIS have been killing it all these years and have less respect amoung rap fans then they should. em isnt terrible like souja boy terrible, but he couldnt hold sabaac reds mic with his best rap. (sabbac red was in non phixion because i know no one will know who im talking about....and thats the problem).

especially ems latest stuff...that video with lil wayne was a joke. his flow hasent changed in eight years. he sounds literally the same with every flow that he spits. over and over accenting every other word the same over and over. am i the only one who sees this!!???!! this guys still going off his rap olympics rep and no one wants to admit that hes over with. i just dont get it....

someone listen to CAGE's song Agent Orange and tell me that eminem is anything but garbage.

F1_2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 F1_2004

ive been deep in hip hop since 36 chambers/est 1999came out in like 95-96. and i gotta say....eminem is the biggest joke on hip hop ive ever seen. im white and i cant stand him in all honesty.

guys like Ill bill, Necro, and even nerdcore guys like MC CHRIS have been killing it all these years and have less respect amoung rap fans then they should. em isnt terrible like souja boy terrible, but he couldnt hold sabaac reds mic with his best rap. (sabbac red was in non phixion because i know no one will know who im talking about....and thats the problem).

especially ems latest stuff...that video with lil wayne was a joke. his flow hasent changed in eight years. he sounds literally the same with every flow that he spits. over and over accenting every other word the same over and over. am i the only one who sees this!!???!! this guys still going off his rap olympics rep and no one wants to admit that hes over with. i just dont get it....

someone listen to CAGE's song Agent Orange and tell me that eminem is anything but garbage.

incred_davis

wtf is good about this Agent Orange rap? The beat is boring, and the rap sounds like every other rapper out there. You don't make any sense if you think this is great and Eminem is the biggest joke in hip hop.

Time and time again, a self-proclaimed hip hop expert comes up and says Eminem is crap, then brings up one of a million same-sounding underground rappers and say they're the best thing since sliced bread. At the end of the day, Eminem is still here and getting respect, and these nobodies are long-forgotten.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 JustPlainLucas

incred_davis

Well, everyone's entitled to their opinion. Call it the laws of attraction, because while you find you Eminem's voice to be annoying, I find Cage's to be. And I don't know how well this song you linked me is representative of Cage's artistic ability, but Eminem has been able to pack far more rhymes into one song than this, and actually sound better, at least to me. And Eminem has changed his styIe up a good deal. If you want an example, I can give you an album full of them. It's called Relapse.

C-Lee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#35 C-Lee
Member since 2008 • 5838 Posts
Eminem, no contest man.
horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127503 Posts
Eminem by far... And the linked song in the OP sucks imo.
munkeypoo45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#37 munkeypoo45
Member since 2008 • 3221 Posts

EMINEM is the best!!!!!

Agent-Zero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Agent-Zero
Member since 2009 • 6198 Posts
Jimmy Brooks>Drake
JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 JustPlainLucas
Eminem by far... And the linked song in the OP sucks imo.horgen123
Yeah, I got to admit. The lyrical content is pretty boring.
DanteSuikoden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 DanteSuikoden
Member since 2008 • 3427 Posts

incred_davis

How do you mention necro and cage without mentioning esham?:|

Esham been doing horrorcore way before necro cage and em

Also, speaking of cage, his stuff was nothing to Eminem while he was underground and the disses at each other show that (Cage diss eminem) (Eminem diss cage)

And to be honest Depart from Me is Cage's greatest work for the fact that his voice is actually easy on the ears and im not going to touch the "eminem's flow hasent changed in eaight years" comment:|

J_Hop06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 J_Hop06
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
Eminem will sell more but Drake will get more Radio play.
jalexbrown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#42 jalexbrown
Member since 2006 • 11432 Posts

incred_davis

Joke post me think. Eminem has changed quite a bit since Infinite, so I have no idea what you're going on about. Eminem's a talented emcee, and even your favorite rappers probably admit that.

Avatar image for Fuhgeddabouditt
Fuhgeddabouditt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Fuhgeddabouditt
Member since 2010 • 5468 Posts

And to these ***** I'm like Windows 7
You let 'em tell it, they swear that they invented you

Ace_WondersX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Ace_WondersX
Member since 2003 • 4455 Posts

Eminem will probably sell more, as he should. However, I thought "Despicable" which was just a promo was a much better track than "Not Afraid," which is actually going to be on Em's new album. Disappointing.

Drake is not anywhere near Em's level. Drake is pretty much just a decent rapper with sex appeal for the ladies. I also hate the delivery style he uses so much, like "If I was at the club you know I ball...Chemo." Where they drop the beat and just say a completely unrelated word. Nicki Minaj does that all the time too.

TM_Darkside
This post wins. LOL He stole that style from Big Sean though. If you draw one, I'll draw two..... Uno
MM555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 MM555
Member since 2006 • 1539 Posts
Drake is actually decently good but Eminem is the arguably best rapper of all time.
MrBubbles59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 MrBubbles59
Member since 2010 • 686 Posts

Eminem no contest.

the_new_guy_92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 the_new_guy_92
Member since 2009 • 884 Posts

Drake is actually decently good but Eminem is the arguably best rapper of all time.MM555

I don't think anybody with significant hip-hop knowledge would support that?

F1_2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 F1_2004

[QUOTE="MM555"]Drake is actually decently good but Eminem is the arguably best rapper of all time.the_new_guy_92

Uh yeah they would. He's definitely in most people's top ten list.
the_new_guy_92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 the_new_guy_92
Member since 2009 • 884 Posts
[QUOTE="the_new_guy_92"]

[QUOTE="MM555"]Drake is actually decently good but Eminem is the arguably best rapper of all time.F1_2004

Uh yeah they would. He's definitely in most people's top ten list.

Head to the GS spot off the books union or any hip-hop related website. He really isn't in most dedicated Hip-hop fans top ten. Maybe most people's top ten. People who don't know a lot of the less known elite emcees.
MM555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 MM555
Member since 2006 • 1539 Posts

[QUOTE="MM555"]Drake is actually decently good but Eminem is the arguably best rapper of all time.the_new_guy_92

He is the highest selling rapper of all time. He is renowned for his lyricism. What else must be said?