Donald Trump Calls for Barring All Muslims From Entering the U.S.

• 167 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

Donald Trump Calls for Barring Muslims From Entering U.S.

From the article:

Donald J. Trump called on Monday for the United States to bar all Muslims from entering the country until the nation’s leaders can “figure out what is going on,” an extraordinary escalation of his harsh rhetoric aimed at members of the Islamic faith in the aftermath of the terrorist attacks in Paris and San Bernardino, Calif.

“Without looking at the various polling data, it is obvious to anybody the hatred is beyond comprehension. Where this hatred comes from and why we will have to determine,” said Mr. Trump, the leading Republican candidate for his party’s 2016 presidential nomination.

“Until we are able to determine and understand this problem and the dangerous threat it poses, our country cannot be the victims of horrendous attacks by people that believe only in jihad, and have no sense of reason or respect for human life,” he said.

A spokeswoman for Mr. Trump confirmed the authenticity of the statement. Asked what prompted it, Mr. Trump said, “death,” according to the spokeswoman.

Mr. Trump made his remarks a day after President Obama delivered a national address from the Oval Office urging Americans not to turn against Muslims in the wake of the terrorist attacks. Mr. Trump is expected to say more at a rally at the USS Yorktown in South Carolina on Monday evening to mark the anniversary of the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor in 1941.

Mr. Trump has a track record of making surprising and even extreme comments whenever he is overtaken in opinion polls by other Republican candidates – as happened on Monday just hours before he issued his statement about Muslims. A new Monmouth University survey of likely Iowa Republican caucus-goers found that Mr. Trump had slipped from his recent top spot in the state, which holds the first presidential nomination contest on Feb. 1. According to the poll, Senator Ted Cruz of Texas earned 24 percent of support in the poll, while Mr. Trump had 19 percent and Senator Marco Rubio of Florida had 17 percent.

While several of the Republican presidential candidates have called for increased intelligence gathering and more aggressive investigations of suspected terrorists, as well as a halt to Muslim refugees entering the United States from Syria, Mr. Trump’s pointed suspicions about Muslims have been in a category by themselves. At his campaign rallies, he has drawn strong applause from thousands of voters for his calls on the government to monitor mosques, and he has refused to rule out his earlier proposal to enter names of Muslims in America into a database. He has also made a series of ominous comments about President Obama’s leadership in fighting terrorism, suggesting that there was “something going on” with Mr. Obama that Americans were not aware of.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is appalling and Republicans risk (further) long term damage to their party brand the longer this clown isn't forcefully rebutted by others GOP candidates in the race.

He is a rabid, dying dog which is losing it as he sees Ted Cruz emerge as the (plausible) conservative alternative in Iowa.

Anyways, share your thoughts.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2 Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7034 Posts

Right or wrong, sincere or not, he's just echoing the opinions of many out there today.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23912 Posts

Bold move Trump. Bold move.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Master_Live

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38677 Posts

just ignore the clown jumping up and down in the corner folks

he'll be gone soon enough

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts
@comp_atkins said:

Gone to the White House?

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 comp_atkins

@Aljosa23 said:
@comp_atkins said:

Gone to the White House?

is his house in the hampton's white?

jasean79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 jasean79
Member since 2005 • 2593 Posts

No matter how much "sense" Trump makes, I just can't take the man seriously. A long term democrat (until recently) and known friend with the Clintons, it's obvious this guy is just in the race to ruffle some feathers. The polls are silly and virtually pointless. Anyone here ever get polled? Me neither. So, why should I care what the polls say?

He'll be gone soon enough when Cruz or Rubio surpasses him "in the polls". Then we can start focusing on the issues and how the REAL candidate plans to combat them.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b19214ec908b
deactivated-5b19214ec908b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 deactivated-5b19214ec908b
Member since 2007 • 25072 Posts

Maybe Donald Trump is actually a die hard Democrat. Sacrificing his reputation in order to guarantee a Democrat victory, a true American hero.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44147 Posts

Unbelievable, how utterly unbelievable. How in the world does someone who spouts this kind of nonsense get anything but ridicule is beyond me.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36039 Posts

I don't pretend to understand this trend.

http://i.imgur.com/5CN04em.jpg

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Master_Live

Ha, Nate Silver astutely observed that:

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#13  Edited By MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

@Archangel3371 said:

Unbelievable, how utterly unbelievable. How in the world does someone who spouts this kind of nonsense get anything but ridicule is beyond me.

Sad to say that most (not all) of my fellow Americans have lost hope and are victims of Astroturfing! Trump knows it, he's just saying what people want to hear because he know that alot of people are desperate. And when you are desperate, all critical thinking goes out the window! Bottom-line, "IF" and I do mean if he does get into office, he's going to do just like every other President(for the exception of Kennedy) get he's strings pulled! It's sad that most people here don't know where the "REAL" power is.

themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 themajormayor
Member since 2011 • 25729 Posts

Who'd want to enter the US anyway?

Flubbbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Flubbbs
Member since 2010 • 4968 Posts

makes sense. islamic terrorism is a huge problem and until that problem is fixed, there should be a halt to immigration from those countries

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Master_Live

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#18  Edited By Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

Trump is definitely a fascist that is all for nationalism.

Whether that is a good or a bad thing, who knows. We've never actually tried it. Japan keeps their kind close and no one calls them out for it. I do think we need better regulations for refugees and put them into cities that aren't suffering economically. Don't shove them in the ghetto.

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 dave123321
Member since 2003 • 35553 Posts

Trump is a joke that needs to go away

servomaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 servomaster
Member since 2015 • 870 Posts

@Solaryellow said:

Right or wrong, sincere or not, he's just echoing the opinions of many out there today.

Let's be honest, social conservatives are pretty terrible people.

Drunk_PI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Drunk_PI
Member since 2014 • 3358 Posts

@Flubbbs:

You're more likely to be killed by a right wing terrorist than an Islamic terrorist, and you're more likely to be killed by a home-grown terrorist than a foreign terrorist.

Donald Trump is a fascist, plain and simple.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#23 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

@Aljosa23 said:
@comp_atkins said:

Gone to the White House?

No chance. He's unelectable. More people have stated they will never vote for him than vote for him. He's going to tap out close to where he's at 20-30%. There's a small but signficant portion of the population that is completely vulnerable to fear mongering and he appeals to that group The republican establishment has already harshly condemned his statements - which tells you that he must really be batshit if the republicans are calling you out on xenophobia.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23032 Posts

@sonicare said:

No chance. He's unelectable. More people have stated they will never vote for him than vote for him. He's going to tap out close to where he's at 20-30%. There's a small but signficant portion of the population that is completely vulnerable to fear mongering and he appeals to that group The republican establishment has already harshly condemned his statements - which tells you that he must really be batshit if the republicans are calling you out on xenophobia.

It's going to be interesting to see how quickly candidates (with significant support) start dropping out and where their support goes.

The 30-some% he's had most recently is enough to win the nomination with 5 candidates splitting the vote. It's not enough to win in a head-to-head matchup.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b78379493e12
deactivated-5b78379493e12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#25 deactivated-5b78379493e12
Member since 2005 • 15625 Posts

Trump is likely to get destroyed if he becomes the Republican candidate, but just you watch how many weird procedural things happen when it comes to Convention time and Trump is leading the polls or has won many primary states.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

@sonicare said:
@Aljosa23 said:
@comp_atkins said:

Gone to the White House?

lmao well duh, I was only kidding. Can't believe you thought I was serious. ._.

Dogswithguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#27 Dogswithguns
Member since 2007 • 11359 Posts

Good idea..

AlexKidd5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 AlexKidd5000
Member since 2005 • 3103 Posts

Meanwhile, On the other side of the political spectrum....

Loading Video...

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 GazaAli
Member since 2007 • 25216 Posts
@Aljosa23 said:
@comp_atkins said:

Gone to the White House?

Precisely. Denialists of Trump's ability to make it to the White House at this point in the race are detached from an emerging American reality that remains arcane to many. But even if we were to disregard said reality, a cursory appeal to history would still remind us that Hitler started as an outsider to German politics that envisaged his evanescence. Mainstream German politics, just like its contemporary American counterpart, underestimated the power of divisive politics and demagoguery in a democratic polity in its twilight.

There's poetic justice in what's happening in the U.S. It concocted and publicized the concept of Islamic terrorism worldwide - shaming and disgracing a third of the world's population in the process - and contributed to the rise of different insurgencies in the region - destroying and displacing entire peoples in the process - as a part of its military adventurism and imperialism. Now a tyrant is in the making, and he's capitalizing on the same prejudices and fears that the U.S created.

Trump is the natural evolution of the American regime that disregards any conciliatory rhetoric as shameful and pandering. There's infinite irony in Trump's words about the incomprehensible hatred of Muslims.

skipper847

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#30 skipper847
Member since 2006 • 7334 Posts

Can he come to UK for prim minister?

skipper847

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#31 skipper847
Member since 2006 • 7334 Posts

This isn't a joke. The other day I was on the bus and there where a couple of OAP on at the front and me at the back with a couple of other people. There where 3 Muslims on also all 3 talking there language. I was thinking they could be talking about anything or doing something. Most 99% of British Muslims say there British but I bet 99% of British Muslims still speak there language and not British first. Think it should be made that if you move to a country and when out side of your home you should speak that country 1st language. Either if your British Muslim or British moving to another country like Spain or Greece etc. I have a friend what moved to Greece and they don't speak it which I think is all wrong. If you move to a country you should go by there language and no that country laws.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b19214ec908b
deactivated-5b19214ec908b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#32 deactivated-5b19214ec908b
Member since 2007 • 25072 Posts

@skipper847 said:

This isn't a joke. The other day I was on the bus and there where a couple of OAP on at the front and me at the back with a couple of other people. There where 3 Muslims on also all 3 talking there language. I was thinking they could be talking about anything or doing something. Most 99% of British Muslims say there British but I bet 99% of British Muslims still speak there language and not British first. Think it should be made that if you move to a country and when out side of your home you should speak that country 1st language. Either if your British Muslim or British moving to another country like Spain or Greece etc. I have a friend what moved to Greece and they don't speak it which I think is all wrong. If you move to a country you should go by there language and no that country laws.

Why do you care what language they're talking in, and why were you listening in on their conversation anyway?

TheHighWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By TheHighWind
Member since 2003 • 5724 Posts

@skipper847 said:

Guess how many Mexicans in America don't speak English? Guess how many people agree with you that people who move to your country should learn the language?

Edit: The answer to both is a lot.

Mercenary848

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Mercenary848
Member since 2007 • 12139 Posts

@TheHighWind: And those people are idiots, just like trump.

He appeals to the same poor Americans thathim and his 1% friends rip off.

Catalli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#35 Catalli  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 3453 Posts

@jasean79 said:

No matter how much "sense" Trump makes, I just can't take the man seriously. A long term democrat (until recently) and known friend with the Clintons, it's obvious this guy is just in the race to ruffle some feathers. The polls are silly and virtually pointless. Anyone here ever get polled? Me neither. So, why should I care what the polls say?

He'll be gone soon enough when Cruz or Rubio surpasses him "in the polls". Then we can start focusing on the issues and how the REAL candidate plans to combat them.

Well the idea of polls is that the estimations of the sample approximate the true values of the population, even if you're not in the poll... :P

But yeah. These polls are pointless for a number of reasons. We all know that as the primaries get closer people are gonna shift to other candidates with actual political experience and ideas. This popularity wave he's riding is funny, but it's not credible in the long run.

sayyy-gaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 sayyy-gaa
Member since 2002 • 5850 Posts

@Flubbbs said:

makes sense. islamic terrorism is a huge problem and until that problem is fixed, there should be a halt to immigration from those countries

What you said sounds ALOT better than saying muslisms shouldn't enter the country...from anywhere. Your statement is about national safety. Trump's statement is racist.

sayyy-gaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 sayyy-gaa

@GazaAli said:
@Aljosa23 said:
@comp_atkins said:

Gone to the White House?

Precisely. Denialists of Trump's ability to make it to the White House at this point in the race are detached from an emerging American reality that remains arcane to many. But even if we were to disregard said reality, a cursory appeal to history would still remind us that Hitler started as an outsider to German politics that envisaged his evanescence. Mainstream German politics, just like its contemporary American counterpart, underestimated the power of divisive politics and demagoguery in a democratic polity in its twilight.

There's poetic justice in what's happening in the U.S. It concocted and publicized the concept of Islamic terrorism worldwide - shaming and disgracing a third of the world's population in the process - and contributed to the rise of different insurgencies in the region - destroying and displacing entire peoples in the process - as a part of its military adventurism and imperialism. Now a tyrant is in the making, and he's capitalizing on the same prejudices and fears that the U.S created.

Trump is the natural evolution of the American regime that disregards any conciliatory rhetoric as shameful and pandering. There's infinite irony in Trump's words about the incomprehensible hatred of Muslims.

Why do you think every jacka$$ politician with a microphone represents America? And then connect an idiot statement to the entire legacy of the U.S.? There's nothing poetic about a [now] public racist and bigot gaining votes. This is America after all. Want to find a racist here...throw a rock. He will not get into the White House but I must say how I am surprises that his candidacy continues to gain steam the more ludicrous his views become.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

@sayyy-gaa said:

Why do you think every jacka$$ politician with a microphone represents America? And then connect an idiot statement to the entire legacy of the U.S.? There's nothing poetic about a [now] public racist and bigot gaining votes. This is America after all. Want to find a racist here...throw a rock. He will not get into the White House but I must say how I am surprises that his candidacy continues to gain steam the more ludicrous his views become.

Dude he's a known hater of the US.....don't ever take him seriously.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#39 GreySeal9
Member since 2010 • 28247 Posts

So tired of this ridiculous man and the media's obsession with him. The point in the race in which serious candidates get the momentum cannot come soon enough.

SoftwareGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 SoftwareGeek
Member since 2014 • 573 Posts

@sayyy-gaa said:
@Flubbbs said:

What you said sounds ALOT better than saying muslisms shouldn't enter the country...from anywhere. Your statement is about national safety. Trump's statement is racist.

The end result is the same though, regardless of how it was said. Trump just didn't sugar coat it. This straight forwardness is what's causing him to surge in the polls.

SoftwareGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 SoftwareGeek
Member since 2014 • 573 Posts
@GazaAli said:
@Aljosa23 said:
@comp_atkins said:

Gone to the White House?

Muslims created that perception themselves by not taking out their trash.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 comp_atkins

the man will not gain the nomination, let alone the white house

my suggestion: just enjoy the show while it lasts

servomaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By servomaster
Member since 2015 • 870 Posts

I saw my Muslim friend today who was really upset about this.

Kinda sucks that this affects actual people.

He was pissed as ****, and he's a pretty rational person.

It's easy to see how somebody who isn't a hyper rational engineer would react violently.

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts

@Solaryellow said:

Which is exactly what the Republican party shouldn't want. Its painting a huge part of their electorate as racist and irrationally xenophobic (which they are).

At least he's helping cast away this facade that our country has over come racism and bigotry.

sayyy-gaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 sayyy-gaa

@HoolaHoopMan said:
@Solaryellow said:

Which is exactly what the Republican party shouldn't want. Its painting a huge part of their electorate as racist and irrationally xenophobic (which they are).

At least he's helping cast away this facade that our country has over come racism and bigotry.

THIS x1000. We can no longer say we have moved past these issues.

Skelly34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Skelly34
Member since 2015 • 2353 Posts
@GreySeal9 said:

So tired of this ridiculous man and the media's obsession with him. The point in the race in which serious candidates get the momentum cannot come soon enough.

His running pretty much guarantees that a democrat will be elected 2016.

He's absorbing so much attention and stealing so much thunder away from the republican side, yet there is no way in hell that this man could actually be elected in the long run.

He's still up in the polls currently, but I'm pretty sure people are starting to see him for what he actually is. Everyone's already heard all of his shtick and his strategy revolves around saying ridiculous shit to get more attention.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b78379493e12
deactivated-5b78379493e12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#47 deactivated-5b78379493e12
Member since 2005 • 15625 Posts

AND1SALTTAPE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By AND1SALTTAPE
Member since 2015 • 861 Posts

@softwaregeek said:
@GazaAli said:
@Aljosa23 said:
@comp_atkins said:

Gone to the White House?

Muslims created that perception themselves by not taking out their trash.

Well, back then when Muslims could take out this 'trash', this trash used to come in the form of US' proxies in this region used to ward off the Soviet invaders. So, we couldn't really do anything about it. Then it developed into something we couldn't take out, and so the US left us alone too. Now, going by your logic, you should suffer exactly as we did.

Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#49  Edited By Allicrombie
Member since 2005 • 26223 Posts

A recent poll said that 46% of Americans who never attended college support Trump, while those with any kind of college education show that he's currently in 5th place in the GOP lineup at 16%. It makes a great case for the value of a good education.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7034 Posts
@HoolaHoopMan said:

The opinions of "many" out there is not strictly reserved for Republicans. I'd bet a dollar to donuts a portion Democrats (non liberal) also feel this way.

In my opinion, the bigger problem needing addressing is why people feel a negativity towards people of the Islamic faith. The answers will not be well received which is why it is generally ignored.