Does this lady deserve the death penalty?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

bamafan1359

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 bamafan1359
Member since 2008 • 487 Posts

Baby on life support after being cut out from mother's womb.

A BABY is on life support after a woman allegedly killed its mother and cut the baby from her womb.
A woman was arrested after allegedly calling emergency services late on Friday and telling them she had given birth in a car park in Washington state, local TV station KNDO/KNDU reported.

Pasco woman Araceli Camacho Gomez, 27, was eight months pregnant when she was found dead in Columbia Park early on Saturday with her infant cut from her womb, the station said.

Kennewick woman Phiengchai Sisouvanh, a 23-year-old of Laotian descent, appeared in Benton County Superior Court overnight charged with Ms Gomez's murder.

The infant is on life support at a hospital in Spokane.

Kennewick Fire Department received a call from a woman claiming she had just given birth near a car park and thought the baby had died, KNDO/KNDU said.

Firefighters found a car with a baby in the back seat and a woman in the driver's seat naked from the waist down and holding an umbilical cord.

The woman allegedly repeatedly said: "Is my baby OK."

"A fire captain pulled the baby from the driver's side of the rear door," Kennewick police chief Ken Hohenberg said.

The woman and baby were taken to hospital but medical tests showed the woman had not recently given birth.

Police searched Ms Sisouvanh's handbag and allegedly found gloves soaked in blood, bloody paper towels, latex gloves, a boxcutter, string, a baby bottle and baby socks.

Police later found Ms Gomez's body, with hands and feet bound, in Columbia Park and determined that was where Ms Sisouvanh allegedly called emergency services.

"Gomez was deceased and had suffered massive trauma to her stomach area," Mr Hohenberg said.

A post-mortem examination showed she had been stabbed several times in the chest.

Cuts near her uterus were consistent with having a baby removed.

A friend of Ms Sisouvanh told KNDU Ms Sisouvanh allegedly called her two weeks ago to say she was having a baby soon.

Ms Sisouvanh will have a bail hearing on Wednesday.

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,23951925-663,00.html

The debate now is if the lady that cut the baby out of the womb deserves the death penalty. What would you do?

A_Tarkovsky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 A_Tarkovsky
Member since 2008 • 2929 Posts
Um...I'm unclear on the accused's motives...
FragStains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 FragStains
Member since 2003 • 20668 Posts
As much as I'd like to say yes, my rational and law abiding side says that she should be executed only if the law in the state allows for it and she is convicted.
markop2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 markop2003
Member since 2005 • 29917 Posts
it sounds like she needs a padded cell and a theripist
zombieman666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 137

#5 zombieman666
Member since 2006 • 3514 Posts

I can't answer I hate debates

elblanquito_81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 elblanquito_81
Member since 2007 • 4356 Posts
Wasn't there a similar incident like this a year or so ago? I didn't click on the link so I don't know when this one happened but I'm pretty sure this has happened before. Either way, there is something seriously wrong with a person willing to cut out a baby from a womb and claim it as her own. She deserves to rot in prison though, not get the needle.
USSJAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 USSJAndrew
Member since 2004 • 5042 Posts
IDK but if the baby lives(and I hope it does) it's gonna be a hardass it's whole life.
Franko_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#8 Franko_3
Member since 2003 • 5729 Posts

Um...I'm unclear on the accused's motives...A_Tarkovsky

not enought cookies in her blood. End of the story, another victim of the oreo symdrom.

DigitalExile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 DigitalExile
Member since 2008 • 16046 Posts
She sounds like a nutter, not a murderer... In any case... Flip a coin? Hell I don't know.
Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10 Ninja-Hippo
Member since 2008 • 23434 Posts
No. She's clearly mentally deranged and shouldn't be executed for it.
Sprozelth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Sprozelth
Member since 2006 • 744 Posts
Force her to have a kid and cut her belly up is what she deserve.
famicommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 famicommander
Member since 2008 • 8524 Posts
She's obviously not mentally stable... I do think that some people deserve to die, but I don't think that anyone should be able to actually decide who lives and who dies.
EVOLV3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 EVOLV3
Member since 2008 • 12210 Posts
Whoa, thats seriously messed up. I dont think it warrants the death penalty, but definetly life in prison.
fkholmes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#14 fkholmes
Member since 2006 • 8887 Posts
No, life in prison though.
SaintBlaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 SaintBlaze
Member since 2007 • 7736 Posts

No, life in prison though.fkholmes

Agreed.

USSJAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 USSJAndrew

No, life in prison though.fkholmes

So the nice people of Washington State can pay daily for her crimes?

I'll pass.

InterpolWilco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 InterpolWilco
Member since 2005 • 2487 Posts

I'm generally against the death penalty, that being said

I certainly don't speak out on the criminals behalf.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#18 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
An eye for an eye will make the whole world blind. There is no reason to sink to the criminals level and murder them as punishment. She deserves to be locked away for the rest of her life and a psych evaluation. Murder is never justifiable.
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 foxhound_fox
So the nice people of Washington State can pay daily for her crimes?

I'll pass.

USSJAndrew

You do understand that it costs more to put someone on death row then to keep them in prison for life, correct? With the massive appeals process and all.
USSJAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 USSJAndrew
[QUOTE="USSJAndrew"]So the nice people of Washington State can pay daily for her crimes?

I'll pass.

foxhound_fox

You do understand that it costs more to put someone on death row then to keep them in prison for life, correct? With the massive appeals process and all.

You do understand that a bullet for a .45 costs roughly a quarter to make mass produced right?

I'm sure the most expensive thing in the process would be the water used to clean up.

PannicAtack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 PannicAtack
Member since 2006 • 21040 Posts
[QUOTE="USSJAndrew"]So the nice people of Washington State can pay daily for her crimes?

I'll pass.

foxhound_fox

Just out of curiosity, I'd like to see some evidence for that?
WildLIkeChild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 WildLIkeChild
Member since 2007 • 1758 Posts
This is why I don't go to Eastern Washington.
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 foxhound_fox
You do understand that a bullet for a .45 costs roughly a quarter to make mass produced right?

I'm sure the most expensive thing in the process would be the water used to clean up.

USSJAndrew

There is this thing called "the law" and it prevents such things from happening since there have already been 121 innocent people freed from death row after their charges were revoked. If they did it your way, that would have been 121 innocent people murdered for crimes they never committed.

Until all crimes can be proven 100% guilty/not-guilty, the death penalty should never be used... and even then it would still be murder.
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 foxhound_fox
Just out of curiosity, I'd like to see some evidence for that?PannicAtack

http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org/article.php?did=108
USSJAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 USSJAndrew
[QUOTE="USSJAndrew"]You do understand that a bullet for a .45 costs roughly a quarter to make mass produced right?

foxhound_fox

There is this thing called "the law" and it prevents such things from happening since there have already been 121 innocent people freed from death row after their charges were revoked. If they did it your way, that would have been 121 innocent people murdered for crimes they never committed.

Until all crimes can be proven 100% guilty/not-guilty, the death penalty should never be used... and even then it would still be murder.

hmm... right, the umbilical cord must have just slipped into her hand, and there was no way the bag beside her after she fell through a portal into the front seat of that car was hers.

It sure would be a shame to see her put to death without someone looking through the crystal ball to figure out that she really was innocent.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 foxhound_fox
hmm... right, the umbilical cord must have just slipped into her hand, and there was no way the bag beside her after she fell through a portal into the front seat of that car was hers.

It sure would be a shame to see her put to death without someone looking through the crystal ball to figure out that she really was innocent.

USSJAndrew

Here is a question I would like answered. "Why does she deserve death?" And don't tell me "because she murdered someone else." Why is it justifiable to murder someone for their crimes?

Life in prison is a much more justifiable punishment. If she has any guilt whatsoever she gets to wallow in it until the day she actually dies. Death would be freedom from that guilt. Death is not a repayment to society or the victim(s). There was actually a day where reparations were part of the accused's punishment.
Avatar image for ElectronicMagic
ElectronicMagic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 ElectronicMagic
Member since 2005 • 5412 Posts

I'm against the death penalty, so no.

Dasacant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Dasacant
Member since 2005 • 1415 Posts
Yes she deserves it, what she did is unforgivable and I hope she is sentenced to death.
groovdafied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 groovdafied
Member since 2005 • 5012 Posts
I'm not understanding, why is there a debate for someone who committed murder and is causing an infant serious pain by living on a life support system...
PannicAtack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 PannicAtack
Member since 2006 • 21040 Posts
[QUOTE="PannicAtack"]Just out of curiosity, I'd like to see some evidence for that?foxhound_fox

http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org/article.php?did=108

Thank you kindly.
USSJAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 USSJAndrew
[QUOTE="USSJAndrew"]hmm... right, the umbilical cord must have just slipped into her hand, and there was no way the bag beside her after she fell through a portal into the front seat of that car was hers.

foxhound_fox

Here is a question I would like answered. "Why does she deserve death?" And don't tell me "because she murdered someone else." Why is it justifiable to murder someone for their crimes?

Life in prison is a much more justifiable punishment. If she has any guilt whatsoever she gets to wallow in it until the day she actually dies. Death would be freedom from that guilt. Death is not a repayment to society or the victim(s). There was actually a day where reparations were part of the accused's punishment.

Is it justifiable to make other people pay for it?

I wouldn't be so against life sentences if jails were how they should be.

MarineJcksn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 MarineJcksn
Member since 2007 • 1675 Posts

Get a rope and string that ***** up on the steps of the county courthouse.:D

MarineJcksn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 MarineJcksn
Member since 2007 • 1675 Posts
[QUOTE="USSJAndrew"]You do understand that a bullet for a .45 costs roughly a quarter to make mass produced right?

foxhound_fox

The thing about feel-good progressive attitudes like this is you'd rather see 1000 guilty people go free then 1 innocent person accidently die. I never understand that logic.

GTA3_Darkel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 GTA3_Darkel
Member since 2005 • 5352 Posts
Two wrongs don't make a right (especially the death penalty). She should just be sent to mental institution or jail.