Does The Big Bang Theory get too much hate?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

the_plan_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 the_plan_man
Member since 2011 • 1664 Posts

I think it does. It's not the funniest show in the world, but there are MUCH worse shows on television (i.e. Family Guy, 2 Broke Girls, season 4 of Community, new Office episodes, ect.). What do you think?

sammyjenkis898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 sammyjenkis898
Member since 2007 • 28392 Posts
No.
metroidfood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 metroidfood
Member since 2007 • 11175 Posts

No, it gets too many Emmys.

JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 JML897
Member since 2004 • 33134 Posts
No.sammyjenkis898
cain006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#5 cain006
Member since 2008 • 8625 Posts

Yeah. I don't really like it but I can enjoy it if I approach it with the correct mindset.

And what's wrong with the newer Office episodes? The second to last season was pretty bad, but the last season wrapped things up nicely and was funny too.

The_Lipscomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 The_Lipscomb
Member since 2013 • 2603 Posts

A little too much from both sides. It's slightly below average to me.. but I find almost all sitcoms are the lowest form of humor. Wait, I take that back.. with the internet, most of the worst stuff is on youtube now lol

Michael0134567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#7 Michael0134567
Member since 2008 • 28651 Posts

Yes.

Blueresident87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 8

#8 Blueresident87
Member since 2007 • 5905 Posts

I think it's an awful show. Just above purely terrible.

Obviously there are a great many people who would disagree with my opinion about it, so there must be some appeal in there. I've just never found it

the_plan_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 the_plan_man

Yeah. I don't really like it but I can enjoy it if I approach it with the correct mindset.

And what's wrong with the newer Office episodes? The second to last season was pretty bad, but the last season wrapped things up nicely and was funny too.

cain006
The last two episodes were pretty good, but the show has become unwatchable a LONG time ago (even as early as 2008).
cain006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 cain006

[QUOTE="cain006"]

the_plan_man

The last two episodes were pretty good, but the show has become unwatchable a LONG time ago (even as early as 2008).

I disagree, I don't remember much specifically about the seasons other than when Michael left. All of those ones with Michael were good in my opinion, except it dragged a little at the end. The one after he left was pretty bad and the ninth is one of my favorites actually.

the_plan_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 the_plan_man

[QUOTE="the_plan_man"][QUOTE="cain006"]

cain006

I disagree, I don't remember much specifically about the seasons other than when Michael left. All of those ones with Michael were good in my opinion, except it dragged a little at the end. The one after he left was pretty bad and the ninth is one of my favorites actually.

I thought they really started making the characters progressively more unlikeable than they already were (Kelly, Kevin, Andy), added new annoying characters (i.e. Holly), ruined the Jim/Pam chemistry, and just overall stopped being funny IMO.
xdude85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 xdude85
Member since 2006 • 6559 Posts
I think it sucks.
lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

I hadn't realized it got hate

osirisx3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 osirisx3
Member since 2012 • 2113 Posts

i am a on and off fan its a decent show but i gets old after a while.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178878 Posts

I think it should get more......way over rated.

ferrari2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#16 ferrari2001
Member since 2008 • 17772 Posts
I think it's an enjoyable program but to each their own.
XilePrincess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 XilePrincess
Member since 2008 • 13130 Posts
BBT is a decent show. If it amuses or entertains even a little without having to rely on fart jokes and stupid crap like that, then it's already doing better than a number of other shows.
The_Lipscomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 The_Lipscomb
Member since 2013 • 2603 Posts
BBT is a decent show. If it amuses or entertains even a little without having to rely on fart jokes and stupid crap like that, then it's already doing better than a number of other shows.XilePrincess
Fart jokes aren't good on screen. Real farts in public are where it's at. Nothing like letting them rip loudly in a store, and to see everybody's horrified faces.
DharmaMember77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 DharmaMember77
Member since 2010 • 2377 Posts

[QUOTE="cain006"]

[QUOTE="the_plan_man"] The last two episodes were pretty good, but the show has become unwatchable a LONG time ago (even as early as 2008).the_plan_man

I thought they really started making the characters progressively more unlikeable than they already were (Kelly, Kevin, Andy), added new annoying characters (i.e. Holly), ruined the Jim/Pam chemistry, and just overall stopped being funny IMO.

Holly was the best female character on The Office.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#20 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44689 Posts
I enjoy it. Let's see where the new season goes.
cain006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 cain006

[QUOTE="cain006"]

[QUOTE="the_plan_man"] The last two episodes were pretty good, but the show has become unwatchable a LONG time ago (even as early as 2008).the_plan_man

Aw I thought Michael and Holly were really cute together. And Andy was supposed to be kind of annoying, that's what made him funny to me. I liked that they weren't afraid to make him a complete asshole by the ninth season. Never liked Kelly, but she actually left the show like halfway through. Kevin was okay.

And the whole Jim and Pam being married thing was eh, but I never liked them too much anyway.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#22 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38693 Posts
remember, kids: you need to be the first one to like a new show and the first one to stop liking it after it started getting bad.... only then you can have opinions about it on the internet.
Rhazakna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Rhazakna
Member since 2004 • 11022 Posts
Not remotely. The fact that the gawky douche from BBT won the Emmy over Louis CK clearly shows it doesn't get anywhere near enough hate
lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 lostrib

Not remotely. The fact that the gawky douche from BBT won the Emmy over Louis CK clearly shows it doesn't get anywhere near enough hateRhazakna

what makes him a douche?

Tropicalshower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Tropicalshower
Member since 2009 • 10813 Posts

[QUOTE="Rhazakna"]Not remotely. The fact that the gawky douche from BBT won the Emmy over Louis CK clearly shows it doesn't get anywhere near enough hatelostrib

what makes him a douche?

He won it over the guy he prefers.
Avatar image for deactivated-59f03d6ce656b
deactivated-59f03d6ce656b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 deactivated-59f03d6ce656b
Member since 2009 • 2944 Posts
it doesn't get anywhere close to enough hate. such a terrible show
Rhazakna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Rhazakna

[QUOTE="Rhazakna"]Not remotely. The fact that the gawky douche from BBT won the Emmy over Louis CK clearly shows it doesn't get anywhere near enough hatelostrib

what makes him a douche?

I'm using the term loosely, since I don't know the guy, obviously. It's a declaration of distaste more than an evaluation of him as a person. In short, he's not funny or talented in any way, and he won the Emmy over a fearless artist who writes, directs, produces and stars in his own show. Pejoratives warranted.
lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 lostrib

[QUOTE="lostrib"]

[QUOTE="Rhazakna"]Not remotely. The fact that the gawky douche from BBT won the Emmy over Louis CK clearly shows it doesn't get anywhere near enough hateRhazakna

what makes him a douche?

I'm using the term loosely, since I don't know the guy, obviously. It's a declaration of distaste more than an evaluation of him as a person. In short, he's not funny or talented in any way, and he won the Emmy over a fearless artist who writes, directs, produces and stars in his own show. Pejoratives warranted.

So you're insulting someone who you've never really met and know little about, because a group of unrelated people gave him an award over another person?  You sound kind of like a douche

Rhazakna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Rhazakna

[QUOTE="Rhazakna"][QUOTE="lostrib"]

what makes him a douche?

lostrib

So you're insulting someone who you've never really met and know little about, because a group of unrelated people gave him an award over another person?  You sound kind of like a douche

Kay.
lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 lostrib

[QUOTE="lostrib"]

[QUOTE="Rhazakna"] I'm using the term loosely, since I don't know the guy, obviously. It's a declaration of distaste more than an evaluation of him as a person. In short, he's not funny or talented in any way, and he won the Emmy over a fearless artist who writes, directs, produces and stars in his own show. Pejoratives warranted.Rhazakna

Kay.

wasn't sure why you were upset with him for getting an award from a different group of people.  Shouldn't you be upset at the Emmy's and whatever "academy" runs them

xWoW_Rougex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#31 xWoW_Rougex
Member since 2009 • 2793 Posts

I hate the show. I've seen a couple of episodes and sometimes it can be decent but overall the show is brought down by the skinny aspberger dude Sheldon. Sorry but he's not fun at all, he's just annoying.

Rhazakna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Rhazakna

lostrib

Kay.

wasn't sure why you were upset with him for getting an award from a different group of people.  Shouldn't you be upset at the Emmy's and whatever "academy" runs them

My insult had more to do with the fact that he's talentless. My comment regarding the Emmys was about the hate the show receives. I am mad at the Emmy academy for giving him an award over CK, but the Emmys have been a joke since their criminal and repeated snubbing of The Wire (and probably before then). This is a very boring conversation in any case, and not one I'll spend any more energy on.

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts
I think its a good show. People just have different tastes. The show isn't even close to being horrible. I'm thinking the hate may overshadow people calling it the greatest (which we hardly see).
TwistedShade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 TwistedShade
Member since 2012 • 3139 Posts

I really enjoy the show myself I think it's funny as hell. I think anything at this point on CBS gets hate it must be the hip thing to do.

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#35 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

It's pretty funny but it's blatant use of stereotypes is rather disappointing.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 GazaAli
Member since 2007 • 25216 Posts
I don't know about that, but its lame as fvck nevertheless.
BossPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 BossPerson
Member since 2011 • 9177 Posts
it used to be somewhat good, but after they brought in the other 2 female characters, the show went downhill
coolbeans90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 coolbeans90
Member since 2009 • 21305 Posts

No, BBT doesn't recieve too much hate. It is shit, has always been shit, and will always be shit. Any other answer is simply incorrect.

GummiRaccoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 GummiRaccoon
Member since 2003 • 13799 Posts

I think it does. It's not the funniest show in the world, but there are MUCH worse shows on television (i.e. Family Guy, 2 Broke Girls, season 4 of Community, new Office episodes, ect.). What do you think?

the_plan_man

The big bang theory is mickey rooney from breakfast at tiffany's.

The audience is supposed to laugh at them, not with them.  The whole show is based around the idea of the audience laughing at nerds for being nerdy.

DharmaMember77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 DharmaMember77
Member since 2010 • 2377 Posts

[QUOTE="lostrib"]

[QUOTE="Rhazakna"]Not remotely. The fact that the gawky douche from BBT won the Emmy over Louis CK clearly shows it doesn't get anywhere near enough hateRhazakna

what makes him a douche?

The actor is just a douche in general.

Wolfetan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Wolfetan
Member since 2010 • 7522 Posts

I think it should get more......way over rated.

LJS9502_basic
JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 JML897
Member since 2004 • 33134 Posts

what makes him a douche?

DharmaMember77

The actor is just a douche in general.

Why's that? From what I've seen he seems like a decent enough person, just kinda sucks as an actor
pierst179

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 258

#43 pierst179
Member since 2006 • 10805 Posts

Based solely on the people I know, I would say it gets too much love. :P