Does sex become meaningless after you do it with a lot of different people?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Mercenary848

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Mercenary848
Member since 2007 • 12139 Posts

When I was a virgin all I did was think of sex. Then I turned 19 and lost my virginity and felt accomplished because I sealed the deal. I had a few more sporadic sexual partners throughout the years, and it felt less and less of an accomplishment. In 2015 due to an anxiety related health issue I was unable to perform sexually and it lasted until january 2017 when I got my nerves undercontrol. The thing is before that two year break I had only been with 5 women. This year I slept with one women in January, one of my female classmates from uni in April, a girl that works at a smoothie place I frequent in August, a women I met at a bar and that same night I brought a hot girl that I met dt back home after I was finished with the one I met at the bar. As you can see I have slept with the exact number of women this year that prior to my break from sex was the amount of women I have slept with my whole life. I know 10 women isn't much to some, but as someone who didn't lose their virgnity until early adult hood; it's a big jump that I doubled my body count in the matter of a few months. My game has also become rock solid, so I only seeing it getting higher unless I decide to take another sex break.

Now that I am getting to the point where I am having sex with multiple women on the same day, I wonder if I will eventually get tired of sex. Don't get me wrong I LOVE THE RUSH, but I don't get that sense of accomplishment anymore.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 LJS9502_basic  Online
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

Accomplishment? The first time is I suppose a feeling of accomplishment because you've had sex and are no longer a virgin. Other than that casual sex is just a biological action. It isn't going to match the first time because it's not new.

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11125 Posts

I wouldn't know. :(

poe13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4  Edited By poe13
Member since 2005 • 1441 Posts

If those many people are just casual encounters and not relationships or someone you care deeply for then yeah, I can see sex becoming meaningless. Thankfully I haven't experienced this as the girl I'm with is the one I love (over a year now) and sex feels soooooo good every time.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

@johnd13 said:

Alexander4552

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 Alexander4552
Member since 2012 • 147 Posts

@johnd13 said:

Vrokespell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7 Vrokespell
Member since 2017 • 25 Posts

You could get tired of it for sure. As one get more mature, quality of sex tend to be tied with who you do it instead of how much you do it. Some people will be amazing at knowing what makes you tick, others will not. This will get more noticeable as you have more sex.

Side note though: If you find that one person that gives you the best of times, do NOT let her/him go. You will regret it down the line.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

Don't know. I don't get enough as it is and I'm married. Although I've had several women in my past, I never cheated around. I don't know if I would get tired of the same woman. But, the most I've seen is 3x in one day. I wish I had more of those days. ;)

Maybe if I had a harem. But, I don't.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#10 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58299 Posts

Depends on the person, I suppose. I know some people whose sole purpose in life seems to be sex, and they pretty much monetize and value things by sex, sex appeal, amount of women/men you've had sex with, and so forth.

I also know folks that don't need much sex, or any, or who get a lot but don't really talk about it make a big deal about it. Me personally, I don't get a lot but I still enjoy it when I do as much as I did when I was younger and getting it a lot (well, not a lot, but more often :P )

Biologically, you need/want less sex as you get older, but I know (unfortunately) that my 70+ year old aunt and uncle are pretty active themselves, as are a lot of other couples.

With that said, I suggest that if you keep having sex at the rate you are having @Mercenary848 you start getting yourself tested at least monthly, especially if you have multiple partners. Just to be safe.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#11 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

I wouldn't know as I've only ever had one partner, but meaningful sex comes down to the people involved, not the quantity of it you have, or the quantity of people you have it with. If you can't find meaning in it, it won't matter how much or how little of it you have.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

@thegerg said:

No

Yes

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 13

#14 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

I think I am like a legit sex addict. I really think I've got some serious issues, like maybe even dating back to when I was an infant. Unfortunately I haven't gotten to be with many women in my life. And most of them avoid me because their primal brains subconsciously search for a guy that fits a certain criteria. I can't seem to get to be with women for long-term relationships or flings. It is pretty sad.

I have only really been with 3 women in my life, and only one of them for a long period of time. One of them had sex with me almost two years ago but subsequently got really weird and stopped talking to me so we only officially did it once. Another girl I got to bang for like 2 weeks last December before she decided she wanted to bang someone else and not talk to me anymore. I could go ahead and also include the stripper who I went to see and touched inappropriately earlier this year.

It's gotten depressing trying to figure out why nobody is interested in me. Not for dating, not for something serious, not as fwb and not for a one-time thing. I try to focus on my life for a while and then every other week wind up depressed and wonder why the girls here are lousy.

Avatar image for ShepardCommandr
ShepardCommandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 ShepardCommandr
Member since 2013 • 4939 Posts

spend enough time as a virgin and eventually you won't even care about it

it is certainly is meaningless to me

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts

@Mercenary848: It will become meaningfull again when you won't have sex for a long time.

If you carry on like you do now, you might be disgusted by yourself in later life. I'm not saying what you're doing is disgusting, I'm just saying you might feel this way.

Not to mention it will become boring too as you're already experiencing.

It's better if you save your sexual energy for a meaningfull partner, because in the end what you're doing now may be fun, it's not buying you something.

Mercenary848

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Mercenary848

@mrbojangles25 said:

Depends on the person, I suppose. I know some people whose sole purpose in life seems to be sex, and they pretty much monetize and value things by sex, sex appeal, amount of women/men you've had sex with, and so forth.

I also know folks that don't need much sex, or any, or who get a lot but don't really talk about it make a big deal about it. Me personally, I don't get a lot but I still enjoy it when I do as much as I did when I was younger and getting it a lot (well, not a lot, but more often :P )

Biologically, you need/want less sex as you get older, but I know (unfortunately) that my 70+ year old aunt and uncle are pretty active themselves, as are a lot of other couples.

With that said, I suggest that if you keep having sex at the rate you are having @Mercenary848 you start getting yourself tested at least monthly, especially if you have multiple partners. Just to be safe.

Way ahead of you dad haha, but yeah safesex is a virtue

Skarwolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#18  Edited By Skarwolf
Member since 2006 • 2718 Posts

Yes it does & usually people start to look for other ways because they're bored.

Mercenary848

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Mercenary848

@Ovirew: You have a very negative/toxic view of women, thats your first issue. I have found that as I got more empathetic and got to know women more and make a lot more female friends(strictly platonic) it became easier for me to start dating having flings

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#20 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19543 Posts

Like others have said, depends if it's casual encounters or long-term relationships. A lot of casual encounters can make sex meaningless. But long-term relationships can make sex meaningful again.

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

@themajormayor: I'm not going to ask you again. Keep it PG-13 or you'll be gone. This is an all ages forum, not DeviantArt fan fiction.

-Byshop

KOD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 KOD
Member since 2016 • 2754 Posts

There's always a drop off from being a virgin to not. When you're a virgin you're most likely a young teenager and its all you have on your mind. After you lose your virginity you will still have sex on the mind... probably all the time, this didnt stop for me until i hit around 25 or so. You use the term "accomplishment", which i really don't take a huge issue with since at that age this is the number one goal you set, but i dont really want to use the term myself. I will however say that the.... "sense of urgency" is not as strong. The thoughts that go through a young males brain are altered, you no longer think "Oh shit! What if i die in an hour without having sex before? Holy shit, i have to stick my dick in a woman now!".

Now that I am getting to the point where I am having sex with multiple women on the same day, I wonder if I will eventually get tired of sex. Don't get me wrong I LOVE THE RUSH, but I don't get that sense of accomplishment anymore.

You'll eventually simply hit a point where your sex drive is lesser and instead of the multiple times in a day thing, you'll be more reasonable about it and go with two or three times a week. Of course this also tends to be something one faces when in long term relationships. When being with that person is your life and its something more than the sexual nature of the relationship.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#24 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

@johnd13 said:

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 foxhound_fox

@kod said:

You'll eventually simply hit a point where your sex drive is lesser and instead of the multiple times in a day thing, you'll be more reasonable about it and go with two or three times a week.

Speak for yourself. I turned 30 in December and still have the sex drive of a 16 year old.

Mercenary848

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Mercenary848

@foxhound_fox said:
@kod said:

You'll eventually simply hit a point where your sex drive is lesser and instead of the multiple times in a day thing, you'll be more reasonable about it and go with two or three times a week.

Speak for yourself. I turned 30 in December and still have the sex drive of a 16 year old.

Maybe you also have the scorpion's sting.....

I don't really believe in the sign BS lol, but I do like using my birthday to justify my actions.

TheHighWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By TheHighWind
Member since 2003 • 5724 Posts

@foxhound_fox said:
@kod said:

Heh. you've got about a year before you fall off the ledge. Won't even be interested most of the time.

Mercenary848

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Mercenary848

@TheHighWind said:
@foxhound_fox said:
@kod said:

Heh. you've got about a year before you fall off the ledge. Won't even be interested most of the time.

I don't know, I know a lot of dudes in their 40s who are still thirsty

360ru13r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 360ru13r
Member since 2008 • 1856 Posts

I would say that sex could become meaningless if you just have it for self pleasure but then again one could say isn't that the purpose of sex. Honestly for me sex has been good or amazing when I'm trying to please my partner which is why I don't do much random sex as I used to. I mean it can be fun with a new woman but nothing like having it with a woman who you enjoy her company and want her to have a better time than you.

KOD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By KOD
Member since 2016 • 2754 Posts

@Mercenary848 said:
@TheHighWind said:
@foxhound_fox said:
@kod said:

I don't know, I know a lot of dudes in their 40s who are still thirsty

I think there's a big difference between what youre referencing and what i spoke of earlier.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 foxhound_fox

@TheHighWind said:
@foxhound_fox said:

Jak42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Jak42
Member since 2016 • 1093 Posts

Unless you are trying to be like Wilt Chamberlain by having a high number of sex partners. Then I have to assume the answer is a yes.

My sister whose been quite sexually active in her life. Has grown to be even more pickier who she decides to get involved with. She's a few years away from being 30. And has been wanting to get into a good marriage for a pretty long time.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#34 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56078 Posts

@kuriisenbo said:

Bump it!

Since you know the rules already and with that account just made as well, this tells me you made this account to bump this thread and so with that, I can say goodbye to this account now.