Does leaving soap on your face longer make the soap more effective?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SuperNovaftw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 SuperNovaftw
Member since 2013 • 2500 Posts

This is probably the dumbest question you have read today but yeah. So when you wash your face with soap in the morning does leaving it on for longer make it more effective in removing spots?

ShadowJax04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 ShadowJax04
Member since 2006 • 3351 Posts

This is probably the dumbest question you have read today but yeah. So when you wash your face with soap in the morning does leaving it on for longer make it more effective in removing spots?

SuperNovaftw
Wouldn't it depend on how long you left it on in the first place? For 50 seconds, up from 40, I don't think it makes a difference. However if you only left it on for 0.15 before washing, you might wait to wait for like, one second. So to answer your question I don't know
PernicioEnigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 PernicioEnigma
Member since 2010 • 6662 Posts
I don't think I've ever used soap on my face, that's what face wash is for. Soap can dry out your skin, which might sound good if you have oily skin, but your body reacts to dry skin by producing even more oil.
punkpunker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 punkpunker
Member since 2006 • 3383 Posts

better use facial washes for that. depending on what kind of soap you use, common soaps might cause more harm than removing spots.

Inconsistancy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Inconsistancy
Member since 2004 • 8094 Posts

I don't think I've ever used soap on my face, that's what face wash is for. Soap can dry out your skin, which might sound good if you have oily skin, but your body reacts to dry skin by producing even more oil.PernicioEnigma

This is part of what I came here to say.

And the soap will be effective for a good while ('til it's done reacting), not just mere seconds. You can go so far as to burn your skin if you leave soap on it too long.

megagene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 megagene
Member since 2005 • 23160 Posts
Nope. It'll dry out your skin stripping it of oils which will lead to more spots when it tries to compensate.
chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#7 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts
You need a cleanser
Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#9 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

No.

SUD123456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 SUD123456
Member since 2007 • 6949 Posts

Of course. I recommend that you leave the soap on for 48-72 hrs before washing it off.

-Renegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#11 -Renegade
Member since 2007 • 8340 Posts

when i was younger and use to wash my face with soap it would give me seriously bad acne. i never washed my face with soap again after i realized that.

Necrifer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Necrifer
Member since 2010 • 10629 Posts

This is probably the dumbest question you have read today but yeah.

SuperNovaftw

Yes.  Always.:P

Diablo-B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#13 Diablo-B
Member since 2009 • 4063 Posts

[QUOTE="PernicioEnigma"]I don't think I've ever used soap on my face, that's what face wash is for. Soap can dry out your skin, which might sound good if you have oily skin, but your body reacts to dry skin by producing even more oil.Inconsistancy

This is part of what I came here to say.

And the soap will be effective for a good while ('til it's done reacting), not just mere seconds. You can go so far as to burn your skin if you leave soap on it too long.

Im gonna assume that the OP meant facial wash when he said soap but was just too lazy to say soap cause they kinda fall under the same umbrella. To answer the question, a good facial wash is supposed to be left to do its work for at least 30 seconds before it is washed off. If you are using a harsh facial wash (like benzoyl peroxide) it will do more damage the longer you leave it in but you shouldn't be using harsh or abrasive washes on your face in the first place.
Avatar image for RenegadePatriot
RenegadePatriot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 RenegadePatriot
Member since 2007 • 20815 Posts
That may cause the soap to dry out or damage your face.