Does disagreeing with Obama's policies make one racist?

• 105 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for chessmaster1989
chessmaster1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#51 chessmaster1989
Member since 2008 • 30203 Posts
@huggybear1020 said:
@chessmaster1989 said:

Sounds like TC is a racist.

I'm part black, native american, and white. So, I"m confused. Am I racist against his white half or his black half?

Both

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

@Master_Live said:

The racism that Obama has faced is unconscionable. Republicans only oppose Obamacare because Obama is black and the program would help, among others, minorities get better health care.

Oh brother....you don't understand politics at all. Neither party is ever really on board with the policy of the other simply because it isn't their ideas. Politicians are like two year olds that need a time out.

deeliman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 deeliman
Member since 2013 • 4027 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:

@Master_Live said:

The racism that Obama has faced is unconscionable. Republicans only oppose Obamacare because Obama is black and the program would help, among others, minorities get better health care.

Oh brother....you don't understand politics at all. Neither party is ever really on board with the policy of the other simply because it isn't their ideas. Politicians are like two year olds that need a time out.

Too bad that's pretty much an unavoidable side effect that comes with democracy.

hippiesanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#54 hippiesanta
Member since 2005 • 10301 Posts

Oprah is motehr of all female racist in america

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#55 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:

@Master_Live said:

Oh sister...I wasn't serious.

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 dave123321
Member since 2003 • 35553 Posts

Can confirm that master live was not serious

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#57  Edited By deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

Yes.

If you agree with any Republican policy you're automatically an Evangelical terrorist homophobe redneck communazi.

inb4 people take this seriously

KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 KC_Hokie
Member since 2006 • 16099 Posts

I think most democrats are really disappointed in Obama and how much they supported his 'hope and change' nonsense so they fell back on the 'racism' card instead of admitting Obama was hype not hope.

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts

No, simply disagreeing with the president on issues does not make you a racist.

worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 worlock77
Member since 2009 • 22552 Posts

@KC_Hokie said:

I think most democrats are really disappointed in Obama and how much they supported his 'hope and change' nonsense so they fell back on the 'racism' card instead of admitting Obama was hype not hope.

This is an idiotic criticism. Every politician campaigns on "change" and most campaign on "hope" as well.

HuggyBear1020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#61 HuggyBear1020
Member since 2013 • 467 Posts

@worlock77 said:

@KC_Hokie said:

This is an idiotic criticism. Every politician campaigns on "change" and most campaign on "hope" as well.

I think his point was that it's much easier to call his critics "racist" rather than debate the actual issues. I don't doubt that racist people exist, but the vast majority of people who oppose liberal policies would have opposed it even if it was John Edwards in office.

the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#62  Edited By the_bi99man
Member since 2004 • 11465 Posts

@deeliman said:

@Solaryellow said:

@deeliman said:

Oprah is an idiot, and Morgan Freeman is right about the Tea Party being racist though, have you ever seen their rallies?

An actual rally or what the media chooses to air?

The ones the media airs aren't actual rallies?

The one I went to was full of black people. I actually didn't realize there were that many black people in my town until I went to a tea party rally. And no, they weren't there for some kind of counter-rally, against the tea partiers. They were, themselves, the most vocal group of tea partiers, talking about how much it pissed them off that the media, and even Obama's own publicity staff, were throwing the "racist" accusations at anyone with a legitimate opposition to a flawed policy. They pointed out that claiming white people are only against Obama because they're racist is, at the same, implying that all black people are Obama supporters by default, and that is incredibly racist.

the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By the_bi99man

@ad1x2 said:

I also know people who admit that their main reason to vote for Obama was because they wanted to be a part of history by putting the first black (despite being mixed) man in office.

Same here. Years ago, I was talking to this girl I used to know, and she mentioned that she voted for Obama. I asked why, and that's exactly what she said. I asked her if she actually knew anything about any of the issues of the time. She didn't. I asked if she had watched any of the debates. She hadn't. I asked her if she could name anything about either Obama's or McCain's past. Aside from knowing that McCain was a war vet, she couldn't. I said, "so.. you made a character judgment, and voted for a man, based entirely on the color of his skin". After a long pause, she said, "I guess I did". I was like, "now tell me you're not a racist".

worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By worlock77

@huggybear1020 said:

@worlock77 said:

@KC_Hokie said:

I think his point was that it's much easier to call his critics "racist" rather than debate the actual issues. I don't doubt that racist people exist, but the vast majority of people who oppose liberal policies would have opposed it even if it was John Edwards in office.

Yeah, I understood his point, but I was commenting on a specific portion of his statement that I frequently see brought up in criticism of Obama. And no, I think a lot of people call his critics racist because a lot of the criticism against him seems to be grounded in racism.

the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 the_bi99man

@worlock77 said:

And no, I think a lot of people call his critics racist because a lot of the criticism against him seems to be grounded in racism.

Like what?

Specific examples. Along with explanations of exactly why said criticism is racist, if it's not blatantly obvious.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b78379493e12
deactivated-5b78379493e12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#66 deactivated-5b78379493e12
Member since 2005 • 15625 Posts

Considering that the majority of outspoken conservatives are white, is it racist against white to disagree with their policies?

Avatar image for MakeMeaSammitch
MakeMeaSammitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By MakeMeaSammitch
Member since 2012 • 4889 Posts

@KC_Hokie said:

There was the whole birther movement which 50% of Republican primary voters buy into.

So a lot of Republicans are in fact racism. Not much of a stretch to say some of the hate for his policies derive from racism.

What's interesting is that Conservatives visualize Obama as being more black than he actually is.

There is definitely something going on, subconscious or not.

MakeMeaSammitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 MakeMeaSammitch

@huggybear1020 said:

@worlock77 said:

@KC_Hokie said:

Do you think there would have been a birth-er movement if Obama was white or Edwards was President?

KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 KC_Hokie
Member since 2006 • 16099 Posts

@MakeMeaSammitch said:

@huggybear1020 said:

@worlock77 said:

@KC_Hokie said:

Do you think there would have been a birth-er movement if Obama was white or Edwards was President?

No but there would have been some other type of conspiracy the fringes would have come up with. Similar groups in the past blamed the government for 9/11 and hiding UFO information.

Pointing to the conspiracy theories from the fringe and whipping out the race card seems to be the last resort from the MSNBC people when it comes to policy arguments.

Obamacare is a train-wreck (according to the top Democratic senator who wrote the bill by the way)....MSNBC's response: 'the racists don't like Obamacare because he's black and we know this fact because of birthers...blah, blah, blah'.

MakeMeaSammitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By MakeMeaSammitch

@KC_Hokie said:

@MakeMeaSammitch said:

@huggybear1020 said:

@worlock77 said:

@KC_Hokie said:

No but there would have been some other type of conspiracy the fringes would have come up with. Similar groups in the past blamed the government for 9/11 and hiding UFO information.

Pointing to the conspiracy theories from the fringe and whipping out the race card seems to be the last resort from the MSNBC people when it comes to policy arguments.

Obamacare is a train-wreck (according to the top Democratic senator who wrote the bill by the way)....MSNBC's response: 'the racists don't like Obamacare because he's black and we know this fact because of birthers...blah, blah, blah'.

It's not a fringe, it's 50% of primary voters and something like 25% of regular voters. That's not a fringe, that's a pretty significant number.

I don't think it's a real defense, but there's a good deal of racism that still exists in this country, especially among conservatives.

and I like Obama, Cash for Clunkers and his push towards energy independence have been big successes thus far.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Master_Live

@MakeMeaSammitch said:

@KC_Hokie said:

@MakeMeaSammitch said:

@huggybear1020 said:

@worlock77 said:

@KC_Hokie said:

and I like Obama, Cash for Clunkers and his push towards energy independence have been big successes thus far.

Can you explain how "Obama's push towards energy independence" has been a "big" success?

4myAmuzumament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By 4myAmuzumament
Member since 2013 • 1791 Posts

no, because he is a combination of two races. what a freak.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#73 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

Oprah is just a racist black woman trying to appear as if she isn't. Only racists try and imply racism in everything.

HuggyBear1020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 HuggyBear1020

@MakeMeaSammitch said:

@huggybear1020 said:

@worlock77 said:

@KC_Hokie said:

There's always fringe people on both sides bringing up conspiracies regardless of who is president. There were people on the far left claiming that Bush orchestrated the 9/11 attacks and detonated the levies in New Orleans that flooded all the black neighborhoods.

whipassmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#75 whipassmt
Member since 2007 • 15375 Posts

@theone86 said:

@Master_Live said:

@Makhaidos said:

@Solaryellow said:

@deeliman said:

The ones the media airs aren't actual rallies?

The majority of the national media is in bed with the left.

Oh a gif.

FOX News, WSJ < NBC, MSNBC, CBS, CNN, ABC, The New York Times, Washington Post.

Yup, because obviously if you're not spouting the Republican party line you're in bed with the left.

As to the OP, that's absolutely not what Oprah said. In fact, I don't know all of what Oprah said because the article deliberately paraphrased her in order to make it seem like that's what she said. In the one actual quote of hers that they did give she just said that the office of the Presidency has been given a great deal of disrespect in recent years, which I think is demonstratively true. As I was going to say when I came in here, the only people I have ever heard say that disagreeing with President Obama makes you a racist are conservatives.

The office of the presidency was disrespected by people who didn't like Bush as well. Look at all the things people said about him, accusing him of being a war criminal or "Bushitler".

whipassmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#77  Edited By whipassmt
Member since 2007 • 15375 Posts

@huggybear1020 said:
@chessmaster1989 said:

Sounds like TC is a racist.

I'm part black, native american, and white. So, I"m confused. Am I racist against his white half or his black half?

You're not racist against his white half or his black half. You must be racist against him because he's not native American!

worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 worlock77

@huggybear1020 said:

@MakeMeaSammitch said:

@huggybear1020 said:

@worlock77 said:

@KC_Hokie said:

There's always fringe people on both sides bringing up conspiracies regardless of who is president. There were people on the far left claiming that Bush orchestrated the 9/11 attacks and detonated the levies in New Orleans that flooded all the black neighborhoods.

People like Newt Gingrich and Mike Huckabee, not to mention several other Republican congressmen, are on the fringe?

themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 themajormayor
Member since 2011 • 25729 Posts

@Aljosa23 said:

Yes.

If you agree with any Republican policy you're automatically an Evangelical terrorist homophobe redneck communazi.

inb4 people take this seriously

Considering your posting history it's hard to not take it seriously.

THE_DRUGGIE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 140

#80 THE_DRUGGIE
Member since 2006 • 25107 Posts

'Course it does!

Quit being racist against white and black people, everyone! It don't matter if you're black orrrrr whiiiite!

Da na na nun, da na na naaaaaaaaaaaaa

MakeMeaSammitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By MakeMeaSammitch

@worlock77 said:

@huggybear1020 said:

@MakeMeaSammitch said:

@huggybear1020 said:

@worlock77 said:

@KC_Hokie said:

People like Newt Gingrich and Mike Huckabee, not to mention several other Republican congressmen, are on the fringe?

and about 50% of the republican primary voters.

People don't want to admit it but there's some real racism within the republican party it needs to deal with. I just saw a study that had shown that conservatives visualize Obama being more black than he actually is......which is interesting.

worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 worlock77

@MakeMeaSammitch said:

@worlock77 said:

@huggybear1020 said:

@MakeMeaSammitch said:

@huggybear1020 said:

@worlock77 said:

@KC_Hokie said:

People don't want to admit it but there's some real racism within the republican party it needs to deal with. I just saw a study that had shown that conservatives visualize Obama being more black than he actually is......which is interesting.

To be fair I visualize Obama as being more black than he actually is, and apparently so does Obama himself as he identifies as black.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Master_Live

Funny is a person like Obama would probably get his teeth knock out out in the hood. Too much Carlton and not enough Will for some ignoramus.

THE_DRUGGIE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 140

#84  Edited By THE_DRUGGIE
Member since 2006 • 25107 Posts

@Master_Live said:

Funny is a person like Obama would probably get his teeth knock out out in the hood. Too much Carlton and not enough Will for some ignoramus.

Dude, I want Will Smith to be President.

Approval rating below 50%? He'll bring it back to 90% with that lovable grin. No demolition of giant New York skyscrapers needed.

worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 worlock77

@Master_Live said:

You speak from your vast experience in tha hood?

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Master_Live

@worlock77 said:

@Master_Live said:

More than most, and you?

worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By worlock77

@Master_Live said:

@worlock77 said:

@Master_Live said:

More than most, and you?

Very little, but I'm not making claims about what people in "the hood" would do.

-Rhett81-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By -Rhett81-
Member since 2002 • 3569 Posts
@Makhaidos said:

Mostly it's because he's a Democrat rather than because he's black. The only ones who are bona fide racists are the birthers and teahadists.

A lot of Obama's policies are or once were Republican policies, though, so it's odd why Republicans are so hellbent against them now.

^This

danjammer69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#89 danjammer69
Member since 2004 • 4331 Posts

@Master_Live said:

A bigger bunch of bullshit has never been spoken.

But you were being sarcastic.....amirite? Good one, you ALMOST fooled me.

danjammer69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 danjammer69

@Bardock47 said:

Something that would be more (questionably) racist is something like...'Obama only won the election because of hype and sensationalism of the first black president being elected in our life time'. Then we might have something...maybe.

You may call that racist *(questionably), I call it the truth.

I really don't understand how that could be construed as racist though. If anyone here does not think that it is at least a part of the reason he got elected, then I really don't know what to say.

Do I think that is the only reason? Of course not. I think alot of it had to do with the fact that people were so worn out and tired of the Bush presidency and constant war.

But I think the main reason he got elected is that the majority of the people that voted in the 2008 elections were pie-eyed, blind fools that got bamboozled by the 'Change & Hope' bullshit that Obama was spewing.

White or black, Obama fooled a whole bunch of Americans.

vl4d_l3nin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By vl4d_l3nin
Member since 2013 • 3700 Posts
@danjammer69 said:

But I think the main reason he got elected is that the majority of the people that voted in the 2008 elections were pie-eyed, blind fools that got bamboozled by the 'Change & Hope' bullshit that Obama was spewing.

Hardly. Obama won the election because Palin is a colossal idiot, and Bush cocked up the economy. If McCain had a better running mate, and America wasn't losing 700k jobs/month it would've have been a much closer race.

HuggyBear1020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By HuggyBear1020

@MakeMeaSammitch said:

@worlock77 said:

@huggybear1020 said:

@MakeMeaSammitch said:

@huggybear1020 said:

@worlock77 said:

@KC_Hokie said:

That's Obama's own damn fault. He identifies himself as a black man. Not as a mixed race man whose black father abandoned him as a young child, and who was primarily raised by his white mother and white grandparents.

MakeMeaSammitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By MakeMeaSammitch

@huggybear1020 said:

@MakeMeaSammitch said:

@worlock77 said:

@huggybear1020 said:

@MakeMeaSammitch said:

@huggybear1020 said:

@worlock77 said:

@KC_Hokie said:

That's Obama's own damn fault. He identifies himself as a black man. Not as a mixed race man whose black father abandoned him as a young child, and who was primarily raised by his white mother and white grandparents.

I mean by literal color. As in they visualize him as a darker shade of brown than liberals.

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts

@danjammer69 said:

Or perhaps the GOP ran a man who picked a mentally challenged woman as his VP. If the GOP wants to win an election maybe they should try nominating someone who isn't awful. Just look at the GOP primaries, its fucking hilarious.

danjammer69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By danjammer69

@HoolaHoopMan said:

@danjammer69 said:

Or perhaps the GOP ran a man who picked a mentally challenged woman as his VP. If the GOP wants to win an election maybe they should try nominating someone who isn't awful. Just look at the GOP primaries, its fucking hilarious.

Yeah, I actually meant to mention the McCain/Palin ticket as another contributor to the Obama win, but my post was already getting long....and I get all worked up in threads like this. Thanks for pointing that out. I don't want my posts in a thread such as this to look 1 sided, regardless of my political leanings.

Anyhow, I try my hardest to avoid politics threads in GS.

vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#96  Edited By vfibsux
Member since 2003 • 4497 Posts

@Makhaidos said:

Mostly it's because he's a Democrat rather than because he's black. The only ones who are bona fide racists are the birthers and teahadists.

A lot of Obama's policies are or once were Republican policies, though, so it's odd why Republicans are so hellbent against them now.

This is one of the most biased and ignorant posts I have seen. Seriously....bonafide racists? That is a ridiculous statement. And saying Obama'a policies are republican is batshit crazy. Why? Because he is into drone strikes? About the ONLY thing he has done that would separate him from the socialist he is would be drone strikes and the NSA stuff.

It is so much easier for you libs to say people are racist than to actually challenge their political positions, that is why you come with this crap. The Tea Party does not believe in illegal immigration and believe English should be America's primary language..... so they are racist? Amazing.

vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#97  Edited By vfibsux
Member since 2003 • 4497 Posts

@huggybear1020 said:

Oprah Winfrey seems to think so

Morgan Freeman believes that conservatives don't want Obama re-elected because he's black

If this is true Morgan Freeman has been proven an idiot.

Makhaidos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By Makhaidos
Member since 2013 • 2162 Posts

@vfibsux said:

@Makhaidos said:

This is one of the most biased and ignorant posts I have seen. Seriously....bonafide racists? That is a ridiculous statement. And saying Obama'a policies are republican is batshit crazy. Why? Because he is into drone strikes? About the ONLY thing he has done that would separate him from the socialist he is would be drone strikes and the NSA stuff.

It is so much easier for you libs to say people are racist than to actually challenge their political positions, that is why you come with this crap. The Tea Party does not believe in illegal immigration and believe English should be America's primary language..... so they are racist? Amazing.

lol, calling him a socialist. Teabaggers. Such funny racist idiots.

plageus900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 plageus900
Member since 2013 • 3065 Posts

@vfibsux said:

@Makhaidos said:

What? Speaking of ignorance...

deeliman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By deeliman
Member since 2013 • 4027 Posts

@plageus900 said:

@vfibsux said:

@Makhaidos said:

What? Speaking of ignorance...

He needs to lay off the kool aid.