Does anyone know what might be wrong with my new PS4 controller?

PimpHand_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By PimpHand_Gamer
Member since 2014 • 3048 Posts

Ordered it off Amazon for PC use. I don't have a PS to further test. I tested it on my laptop the first day and it paired fine, worked good with inputmapper and Steam. I left it on the charging dock I got which is a single PS4 dock via USB and a few days later I wanted to use it on my gaming rig. Holding share and PS button it just flashed white. Actually it flashes white after just pressing the PS button. It doesn't seem to go into pair mode as far as I can tell but it never shows up under BT. Works fine if it's wired though.

Online suggests white flash is a battery thing. Took it apart. Tested battery it shows 4.06 volts. If I use any USB wire to plug it into the port then no light comes on but I assume if it's fully charged then it won't right? Trying to avoid the wait of having to send it back. I found 1300mah batteries online pretty cheap but am afraid that might not be the issue. Any thoughts? *edit: I also tried the reset button quite a few times.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56214 Posts

@pimphand_gamer: I move your thread to the correct forum and OT isn't gonna be the best place for this type of question.

pillarrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

User Lists: 0

#3 pillarrocks
Member since 2005 • 3646 Posts

I am guessing you would need a PS4 in order to remove the setting for the controller to be connected to be charged.