Do you watch free movie streaming apps?

#1 Posted by qx0d (333 posts) -

There are free movie streaming apps.

The best one I know of is Tubi. It has a huge selection of movies. Pluto TV is another good one. There's also Crackle, Popcornflix, FrightPix, etc.

The best thing about these services is they are completely free. They have a few commercials, but they are completely free. Another good thing is, you can watch right on their websites, or mobile device, or Roku, etc.

You truly never have to pay for TV again, if you don't want to. You can simply watch these apps, buy an antenna, etc, and you'll have plenty of free movies and shows. Do you watch free movie streaming apps?

#2 Posted by thehig1 (7202 posts) -

@qx0d: Not sure were allowed to discuss this here, emulation is a no, so chances are illegal streaming is too.

#3 Posted by br0kenrabbit (15843 posts) -

@thehig1 said:

@qx0d: Not sure were allowed to discuss this here, emulation is a no, so chances are illegal streaming is too.

None of what he said is illegal. These are all official apps supported on the Roku player.

I've watched Tubi a time or two when they had a movie I wanted to watch. I have Pluto TV installed on my Roku but honestly, Netflix and Hulu keep me pretty busy. I don't watch a lot of TV, but when I do it's usually Netflix or Hulu.

#4 Posted by thehig1 (7202 posts) -

@br0kenrabbit: ahh

I confused popcornflix with popcorn time.

One legal, and the other not so much.

#5 Posted by br0kenrabbit (15843 posts) -

@thehig1 said:

@br0kenrabbit: ahh

I confused popcornflix with popcorn time.

One legal, and the other not so much.

Yeah, probably not the best branding research done there.

#6 Posted by Byshop (19520 posts) -

@br0kenrabbit said:
@thehig1 said:

None of what he said is illegal. These are all official apps supported on the Roku player.

I've watched Tubi a time or two when they had a movie I wanted to watch. I have Pluto TV installed on my Roku but honestly, Netflix and Hulu keep me pretty busy. I don't watch a lot of TV, but when I do it's usually Netflix or Hulu.

Yeah, Pluto.tv I've used and it's legal, albeit heavily commercialed. I've had that site glitch out where it just kept looping commercials over and over without playing any tv.

-Byshop

#7 Edited by CrimsonBrute (25370 posts) -

I...

#8 Posted by warmblur (1963 posts) -

I watch Crackle sometimes but once you get spoiled without commercials from Netflix it's really hard to sit through them and you can't fast forward them which makes it even worst. Sometimes I just lose patience and don't even bother finishing the movie I get so annoyed by them.

#9 Posted by Noflufftech (7 posts) -

Wow. Imma better try to watch it.

#10 Posted by X_Karen_x (500 posts) -

@noflufftech:

Yes try oh please sign up for it just to say this!🤪😉

#11 Edited by Ezekiel43 (1311 posts) -

No. Streaming sucks. I'm part of the rare breed who still rents movies.

Loading Video...

#14 Edited by uninspiredcup (32191 posts) -

Use BBCIPlayer for the odd movie that pops up, and sometimes documentary. It's mostly rubbish otherwise.

Netflix is primarily used, the UK one is very limited though thanks to Sky. On the upside, it has alot of foreign movies you wouldn't otherwise see.

#15 Posted by Jamestravis (7 posts) -

pluto.tv not working well for me, netflix is really good