omegaMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 omegaMaster
Member since 2017 • 3479 Posts

I do. I use social media to keep myself occupied at times. Although some platforms I have decided to use less.

Here are my thoughts on the social media platforms I have:

Facebook: Mainly use it to see group posts.

Twitter: Have it, but rarely use it.

Instagram: I love the comedy or educational instagram posts.

TikTok: It's alright.

LinkedIn: I use this platform less now. Everytime I open up LinkedIn, I always see this person liking every single post from the company she works for, and it always appears on my feed. I honestly think LinkedIn is becoming Facebook.

What about you?

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11125 Posts

I only have a Facebook account but never post anything - just check my feed. I do use Messenger on a regular basis to chat with friends and family.

Been visiting LinkedIn more regularly these past few months to search for open positions. Don't care about what my connections follow or post.

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 DEVILinIRON
Member since 2006 • 8770 Posts

Facebook and Instagram a little.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

Nah.

Signed up for Myspace because my GF at the time wanted me to lol. Never used it.

Had to sign up for Facebook in a college course for a grade... yeah weird. I grew to like it though. The initial wave of just finding old friends and fam. Used it to follow/share art. Stopped using it in 2015. Became too negative, and all the political bickering, meh. Also just felt like a big waste of time.

Signed up to Twitter to share screens and clips of Mario Odyssey 😂. Never engaged with it beyond that. Ngl tho, checking the latest Trump tweets while drinking coffee was my morning routine for a while. Maximum entertainment.

Guess I do use Linkedin, but don't really engage with it. Just have a profile on there so people can hit me up for contract work.

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -6

#5  Edited By madrocketeer
Member since 2005 • 10589 Posts

I don't post, but do browse for information and announcements from people like games studios and such. I also sometimes stumble upon conversations with superficial entertainment value. I do post on Reddit, but I use it more like a traditional message board and stay well clear of its social media-like features.

Nothing that couldn't be acquired without these social media sites and their devious algorithms that turn people into emotive reaction machines incapable of internalising ideas that can't be conveyed in less than 280 characters. I still maintain that social media is one of humanity's great mistakes, and would like to see it rolled up into a ball and drop kicked to the bottom of the Marianas Trench. Even if it means taking Reddit along with them as well, I'll happily set fire to my 32,000 Karma account in a heartbeat.

I hear Farcebook is slowly dying, and that Musky Boy has just shaved off more than half of Twatter's value. I also hear Dick Cock is in some kind of trouble as well. Ooh, my champagne is on ice.

MyCatIsMilk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#7 MyCatIsMilk
Member since 2022 • 1144 Posts

I use Facebook maybe seven times in a year, and it’s only to post something for my friends and family to see. It takes me maybe 10min. I don’t much care for Social Media.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10435 Posts

twitter for tech / developer news, linkedin for professional exposure. that's it.

i did have a brief period browsing tik tok a while ago, and i can really see why it's so addictive, it's design is very very clever from a ux perspective, head and shoulders over its rivals, but still the novelty wore off and i've barely touched it since

Sancho_Panzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Sancho_Panzer
Member since 2015 • 2524 Posts

No.

I signed up for Facebook about a decade back to claim a steam key. Never used it again, then logged in a year ago for IDK what to find I'd been banned for tosv.

Clocked up a few months on Twitter before becoming disgusted by my own reflection, so I deleted all my posts and haven't looked back.

No interest at all now.

SUD123456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 SUD123456
Member since 2007 • 6949 Posts

No and never have. None of them. A few discussion boards like this is the closest I have come. I consider social media a cancer to healthy society. Also, there is a real world out there which is where I spend 99% of my waking time.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#12 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9397 Posts

Just Discord and some forums.

RatchetClank92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 RatchetClank92
Member since 2020 • 1342 Posts

I used to use most of the popular formats of social media, but I found it really was just a waste of time and full of sociopaths just using it to stroke their own ego. I deleted Instagram about 4 months ago and have never even thought about using it since. I use fb just for the messenger and marketplace. I never tried TikTok and am glad I stayed away from that one.

I find it interesting when people post endless videos or photos of them at a party, concert or vacation, because if you really were living in the moment and having a blast you wouldn’t be living through that moment through a cell phone screen.

RPG-er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 RPG-er
Member since 2003 • 19301 Posts

If Discord counts, then yes.

ThatForumUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#15  Edited By ThatForumUser
Member since 2019 • 701 Posts

Absolutely useful for communication with family and relative and friend. Without this you become outcast of many conversations in your social group and you risk isolation - imagine a societal covid lockdown that you experience unawarely if you self isolate.

omegaMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 omegaMaster
Member since 2017 • 3479 Posts

@johnd13 said:

I only have a Facebook account but never post anything - just check my feed. I do use Messenger on a regular basis to chat with friends and family.

Been visiting LinkedIn more regularly these past few months to search for open positions. Don't care about what my connections follow or post.

I am the same as you.

ENI232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 ENI232
Member since 2020 • 1005 Posts

No, imo its great to communicate with, with people you personally know that live far from you, but from what I see it's a bunch of idiots on it.

rmpumper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 rmpumper
Member since 2016 • 2134 Posts

Every platform where you interact with other people is social media, including GameSpot forums.

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 KathaarianCode
Member since 2022 • 3398 Posts

Not anymore.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#20 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58938 Posts

I use Twitter to follow the Ukraine war and track propagandists.

Nirgal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Nirgal
Member since 2019 • 680 Posts

I just use WhatsApp to keep in touch with friends. But don't use the social media aspects of it, i just keep chat groups for family and friends.

I have a very negative idea of Facebook, Twitter, instagram, and in particular, TikTok

TheHighWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By TheHighWind
Member since 2003 • 5724 Posts

I rarely use Facebook.

poe13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#23 poe13
Member since 2005 • 1441 Posts

Had a myspace back in 06-08 (my high school days) and then a facebook for 2 years in college but I quit that back in 2013. Never did twitter, instagram, etc, but I still have my linkedin since I don't know, 2010 maybe? Linkedin seemed to be all the rage among teachers back when I was in school but I could never make any kind of networking work with it myself.

I remember even back in the late 2000s going "what the hell is twitter?" and seeing tweets being talked about on the news whether it was politics or entertainment. I always thought "Seriously? This is newsworthy?" all the way back then.

Yeah, social media really is pretty awful for the most part. There are some advantages that my wife uses facebook for like marketplace for finding our pets that we have now or browsing the local events in our area. But all the focus on showing everyone on the internet what's going on in our personal lives really just breeds more and more narcissism and jealousy in my opinion.

Avatar image for deactivated-64fbf588222fb
deactivated-64fbf588222fb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 deactivated-64fbf588222fb
Member since 2021 • 1253 Posts

Aye , FB and Whatsapp

fenriz275

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 fenriz275
Member since 2003 • 2383 Posts

I watch videos on youtube, follow a few people on instagram and still have a facebook account but it's been at least a year since I logged on to it.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#26  Edited By Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19543 Posts

I have Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Telegram, and TikTok, but I don't use them much... The ones I use the most are WhatsApp and Twitter.

Skarwolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#27 Skarwolf
Member since 2006 • 2718 Posts

No. Deleted all of it.

1. Profiting from our personal information

2. Stalkers

3. Left/Right nazis fascists

4. People I never spoke to in Highschool adding me then trying to be friends 40 years later

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 KathaarianCode
Member since 2022 • 3398 Posts

Completely abandoned it. Twitter was my last one, I was in a nice videogame bubble that was pretty free of magas or antimagas. But after Musk took over my timeline turned to sweage.

The_Vampress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#30 The_Vampress
Member since 2006 • 6472 Posts

Most social media is quite frankly a waste of time and if I'm to waste time I'd much rather do it in better ways. Video games!!!! That being said, Pinterest is great for digitalizing thoughts into images. Lots of ideas for pretty much everything and diy's. Got family that wants to know what to buy for you? Make a board with things you want and give em the link.