Do you think when we die that we still exist in some fashion?

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#1 deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

I'm not necessary even talking about a afterlife more like a consciousness that just floats around the universe or do you think when we die that's it and there is nothing?

MyCatIsMilk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By MyCatIsMilk
Member since 2022 • 1144 Posts

With conversations I've had with people over the years, the vast majority believe in an afterlife in some fashion, whether it be the existence of God or just an afterlife in general, like ghosts. Ultimately, this is a question that is better suited for in person discussions, in my honest estimation. Either way, whether someone believes in God, an afterlife, or nothing, you better be damn sure you're right before you die. I'd rather someone die convinced and having studied all they could rather than just basing everything on what someone told them or how they feel. Because in the end, if God exists, it doesn't matter if anyone believes it or not, it doesn't change the fact that He (depending on which religion you "chose") does. Like someone who doesn't think stealing is wrong, it doesn't change the fact that it is and that the Law will seek to find them.

As for what I believe, it doesn't matter, does it? Because what I believe doesn't change what you do. If God exists, you and I will be held accountable, which again is dependent on what religion is right, if we're strictly talking about the existence of God. It won't matter what I think. You're the one who needs to be convinced in your own mind.

Edit: I use God a lot as an example because God is most often associated with the afterlife.

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 2

#3 brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 6089 Posts

Myself life teachings is there in Jesus (Heaven), Devil (Hell) Human (Earth). I believe people who have faith in Jesus and Repent will have eternal Life and those who don’t will have their part in hell. Life/Death in the afterlife is permanent and Eternal. Lots of people will have a different outlook, so I’m not out to offend anyone. It’s just my belief.

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 KathaarianCode
Member since 2022 • 3398 Posts

Obviously not.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By jaydan
Member since 2015 • 8414 Posts

Our bodies are made up of energy and matter. When our times come, that decomposition process is our energy and matter getting reclaimed in the grander ecosystem of our Earth.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#6 uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 58947 Posts

We didn't exist for billions (longer?) years and are basically a blip before returning back to that state. So, technically already been dead the way I see it.

I don't remember shit, so it doesn't matter lol

dracula_16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#7  Edited By dracula_16
Member since 2005 • 15995 Posts

I believe in an after-life. Not because it gives me comfort, but because saints throughout the course of time have experienced the Kingdom of Heaven and have written about it. I have experienced it too. One does not need to die to come into contact with that which is eternal.

rmpumper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By rmpumper
Member since 2016 • 2134 Posts

Only if you count the theory conservation of quantum information as afterlife. Either way, it won't be you, therefore no afterlife as far as I'm concerned.

ZELDABOTW2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 ZELDABOTW2
Member since 2021 • 664 Posts

I am a christian I think Jesus will return soon with everthing going on I see us being really close to the end. If you pass before that I think you are basically in a sleep waiting for Jesus to come back to judge. When he does come back I think you will be judge and either go to heavy or you will basically be given a final death in that you will not exist any more that will be it.

ENI232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ENI232
Member since 2020 • 1005 Posts

@warmblur:

Why in the universe. Think outside the universe, we are born into all of this and leave by dying. Universe is part of all of this we are in. Obviously by dying its just the timer our bodies have, we are powering it and leave without it. The body stays here and eventually just bones remain. Its not science either or a argument just a fact of life. People nowdays are more retarded and believe in things that dont exist, like other life forms in the sky. Theres a old saying: keep your head out of the sky.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#11 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34602 Posts

No. But I'm open for whatevs.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#12 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58300 Posts

Tough question to answer.

I want to say "no", that when we die we are gone and gone forever. The idea of existing for an eternity in some form or another is frightening to me. I mean, do you know how long eternity is? It's...ETERNAL! 😋 Hell, even this very finite life seems too long sometimes. An actual eternity would just get boring and depending on the state of things could be hell even without being the biblical hell.

But there is something unique about humans that set us apart from all other creatures, plants, etc. that exist on this planet. I tell myself I am reading into it too much, that our consciousness--our ability to think beyond simply base animal impulses, our desire to create art, or ability to take the base elements of the world and make them into something truly impressive--is simply a product of evolution and not something extra. But it's a tough sell.

I'm a romantic at heart, but I also like to think of myself as fairly pragmatic; I'm constantly at war between thinking how awesome humanity is in the best of situations and also how we are for the most part just doing what all other animals do [but with style].

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6848 Posts

Nada. Once you go, you're gone.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14801 Posts

Do you think that we exist now?

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6848 Posts

@SOedipus said:

Do you think that we exist now?

Oo, I love this question.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38677 Posts

would be cool but doubt it

Angry_Walrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Angry_Walrus
Member since 2022 • 111 Posts

I find our term "exist" to be inherently problematic. Both 'Existance' and 'Non-Existance' manifest themselves as paradox's. Our scientific knowledge thus far makes creating even a foggy hypothesis regarding this very challenging.

What do I think? In my religion we are told this universe is an illusion. Despite this, God created the universe with definite purpose, i.e. with a goal in mind. One day there will be a strict "accounting" of all things. Many souls will find their brief time here on Earth created consequences that amply themseleves orders of magnitude we cannot conceive of.

Love this question.

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

User Lists: 19

#19 Speeny
Member since 2018 • 3357 Posts

Simply put, I guess I'm agnostic at this point in my life.

InEMplease

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 InEMplease
Member since 2009 • 7461 Posts

I like to think that there is a spirit, or an energy, or something, and that it's part of a connection between all things that make up a greater picture. I can't say I believe it to be 100% true, it's just nice to consider.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#21 deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

@InEMplease said:

I like to think that there is a spirit, or an energy, or something, and that it's part of a connection between all things that make up a greater picture. I can't say I believe it to be 100% true, it's just nice to consider.

Yeah, I hope all our love ones and pets are there it's wishful thinking who knows what happens.

The_Deepblue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 185

User Lists: 1

#22  Edited By The_Deepblue
Member since 2007 • 1484 Posts

@kathaariancode: "Obviously, I just proved a negative by simply stating "obviously not.""

Skarwolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#23 Skarwolf
Member since 2006 • 2718 Posts

No you don’t. You’re dead thats it game over. You only live once. Everything else is make believe to ease your sorrows

Dariency

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#24 Dariency
Member since 2003 • 9464 Posts

A lot of people like to point out that everything natural on Earth is part of a cycle, i.e. recycled. This includes living things like plants and animals that can become food, or provide some kind of benefit, for other living things. What a lot of people don't want to believe is that we humans are part of that same cycle. Our bodies can become food for the soil or food for other mammals, just like any other creature. It makes sense, but we don't want to accept that fate. We can't fathom the idea of our deceased loved ones bodies being eaten by the Earth, so we bury them in caskets so that the soil can't get to them. People want to believe that humans are special; That we're more than just animals, and I understand why. Trees can live to be thousands of years old but we're lucky if we live to be 100 years. It doesn't seem fair that for how capable of a species we are, our lives are so short. But as everyone also likes to point out, life is not fair.

In short, while I would love to see my dead loved ones again, logic tells me that once you die that is it. Your life is over. So, make everyday count and enjoy life while you have it.