Do you think it's bad if you don't go the prom ?

• 56 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

xXShortroundXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 xXShortroundXx
Member since 2011 • 1807 Posts

I'm just going to be honest, I was going to ask a girl from my work but she moved to Austraillia. There is no way I can find another date in 3 weeks. :P

Most folks at my school are telling me to go by myself, but that sure as hell ain't happening.

I think I might just wing it and go see Cowboys & Aliens :D !!

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 GazaAli
Member since 2007 • 25216 Posts
Wow man not good, she moved all the way to Australia just not to go with prom with you :(
Lebbin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 120

#3 Lebbin
Member since 2007 • 2049 Posts

I didnt really like that movie haha. And at least at my school, finding a date to rpom wasn't very difficult. It isn't a huge deal.

rockguy92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 rockguy92
Member since 2007 • 21559 Posts
I never went to anything like that.
SirWander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 SirWander
Member since 2009 • 5176 Posts

and gazaali wins this thread with a knockout.

i don't thinks it's bad.

xXShortroundXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 xXShortroundXx

I didnt really like that movie haha. And at least at my school, finding a date to rpom wasn't very difficult. It isn't a huge deal.

Lebbin
Unfortunately I go to a single sex school :P
Chris_Williams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 Chris_Williams
Member since 2009 • 14882 Posts

i went stag and had a great time, lots of other girls went alone and i danced my butt off, had a good time. I say if you have friends going meet up with them, just be sure if you don't go ask yourself will you regret it down the road, if not then go see cowboys and aliens, its all up to ya

shoot-first

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#8 shoot-first
Member since 2004 • 9788 Posts

No. I've never went to a prom and I don't care.

Lebbin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 120

#9 Lebbin
Member since 2007 • 2049 Posts

[QUOTE="Lebbin"]

xXShortroundXx

Unfortunately I go to a single sex school :P

haha that changes everything. If you don't think you'll be able to get a date, i still think you should go. You don't know what would happen and prom is a rare experience. You could always go to the movies. However, then again prom is expensive.

commonfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 commonfate
Member since 2010 • 13320 Posts

I went to prom and while it was fun, I don't really care that I went.

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 MrGeezer
Member since 2002 • 59765 Posts

I'm just going to be honest, I was going to ask a girl from my work but she moved to Austraillia. There is no way I can find another date in 3 weeks. :P

Most folks at my school are telling me to go by myself, but that sure as hell ain't happening.

xXShortroundXx

I wouldn't bother yourself about it. Whi really gives a ****? You certainly won't, after a year or two (especially considering that you don't seem to really give a **** NOW).

So yeah...skip it.

Now, don't get me wrong. If you stand a good chance of getting laid, then by all means go to the prom. That's apparently not an option for you though, so...why bother? It's not as if 10 years into the future, you're going to be a lonely man looking back into his past and wondering where his life went wrong. And then suddenly narrowing down the specific point of regret: thatwhen you were in high school, you skipped the prom instead of going by yourself.

Seriously...you're not gonna give a ****.

And on that note...the only reason anyone recommends people to go to the prom alone is because that's feel-good-fuel for the people who go to the prom and still fail to get laid. That obviously pisses them off and makes them feel insecure and lame. But at least then, they can say, "at least I didn't go to the prom alone, like THAT GUY." So yeah...just keep in mind that if anyone tells you that you've gotta go to the prom even if you're alone, that they're probably only giving that advice so that THEY will look better by comparison.

But on the other hand...who gives a ****? It's the ****ing high school prom. I've honestly never met a single person over the age of 25 who gave a flying **** about that stuff. If you think it'll be fun to go alone, then go alone. What the hell...even if you do end up looking like the lonely loser, you're not going to care about THAT in a couple of years either.

ZumaJones07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ZumaJones07
Member since 2005 • 16457 Posts
If you think it would be a fond memory to have and share with your friends then go, if not then go to the movies.
aryoshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 134

#13 aryoshi
Member since 2007 • 1728 Posts
I never went and never cared to. I think it's better to spend a nice evening alone with the person I love with candlelight and our own music dancing together without anyone else around.
xXShortroundXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 xXShortroundXx

[QUOTE="xXShortroundXx"]

MrGeezer

I wouldn't bother yourself about it. Whi really gives a ****? You certainly won't, after a year or two (especially considering that you don't seem to really give a **** NOW).

So yeah...skip it.

Now, don't get me wrong. If you stand a good chance of getting laid, then by all means go to the prom. That's apparently not an option for you though, so...why bother? It's not as if 10 years into the future, you're going to be a lonely man looking back into his past and wondering where his life went wrong. And then suddenly narrowing down the specific point of regret: thatwhen you were in high school, you skipped the prom instead of going by yourself.

And on that note...the only reason anyone recommends people to go to the prom alone is because that's feel-good-fuel for the people who go to the prom and still fail to get laid. That obviously pisses them off and makes them feel insecure and lame. But at least then, they can say, "at least I didn't go to the prom alone, like THAT GUY." So yeah...just keep in mind that if anyone tells you that you've gotta go to the prom even if you're alone, that they're probably only giving that advice so that THEY will look better by comparison.

But on the other hand...who gives a ****? It's the ****ing high school prom. I've honestly never met a single person over the age of 25 who gave a flying **** about that stuff. If you think it'll be fun to go alone, then go alone. What the hell...even if you do end up looking like the lonely loser, you're not going to care about THAT in a couple of years either.

I'm totally sold :P ! I hate my school, the prefects and the teachers ! Cowboys and Aliens it is !! There is plenty of time for poontang ! I don't think that much will be happening at the actual prom anyway so i'll just turn up to the afterparty :D !! haha ;)
Legolas_Katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#15 Legolas_Katarn
Member since 2003 • 15556 Posts
No, why would it be bad
Avatar image for deactivated-58df4522915cb
deactivated-58df4522915cb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16 deactivated-58df4522915cb
Member since 2007 • 5527 Posts

im still kicking myself for not going to senior prom. not my fault though, they jacked up the prices last minute and i couldnt afford it. so im mad that i missed the opportunity

JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 JigglyWiggly_
Member since 2009 • 24625 Posts

I didn't go, in fact I didn't even bother to remember the date because I am dat coolz.

Achilles438

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

#18 Achilles438
Member since 2006 • 5089 Posts

I didnt bother going to my prom. Heard it was stupid anyway

SaudiFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#19 SaudiFury
Member since 2007 • 8709 Posts

I don't even remember going to prom.

so you can tell how eventful that night was for me.

razgriz_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 razgriz_101
Member since 2007 • 16875 Posts

i never went to mines, a few of us had a kinda alt prom and went out on a night out in Edinburgh, was far cheaper aswell.

SPYDER0416

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#21 SPYDER0416
Member since 2008 • 16736 Posts

I didn't go to prom, and I didn't regret my decision. Just partied with some friends that night.

carlandcarl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#22 carlandcarl
Member since 2004 • 1251 Posts

I'd go it's a cool end of your school year or a portion of your life. I sure as hell enjoyed my senior prom like crazy!

Pixel-Perfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#23 Pixel-Perfect
Member since 2009 • 5778 Posts

Never went to prom. Never regretted it.

Wilfred_Owen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#24 Wilfred_Owen
Member since 2005 • 20964 Posts
Wow man not good, she moved all the way to Australia just not to go with prom with you :(GazaAli
Damn Gaza.
WiiMan21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 WiiMan21
Member since 2007 • 8191 Posts

I don't think it's a big deal, I didn't go my Jr. year because I couldn't afford it.
In the end, it's just one expensive dance.

DarkFadi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 DarkFadi
Member since 2007 • 1915 Posts
"prom" doesnt exist for me
hippiesanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 hippiesanta
Member since 2005 • 10301 Posts
Wow man not good, she moved all the way to Australia just not to go with prom with you :(GazaAli
oh wow... now I want to go prom with you... kakakakakakakak
SaudiFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 SaudiFury
Member since 2007 • 8709 Posts
"prom" doesnt exist for meDarkFadi
where are you then?
Overlord93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Overlord93
Member since 2007 • 12602 Posts
I never went to anything like that.rockguy92
me neither, I hated the concept.
helwa1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 helwa1988
Member since 2007 • 2157 Posts
i think tv and movies make going to the prom too big of a deal. they act like if you don't go to the prom you life will suck the rest of your life. no it's not a big deal if your don't go to prom. i went to an all girls school so no prom for me and i don't feel like i missed anything. it's just one night. it's not like 20 years from you will weeping because you didn't go to prom.
Avatar image for CycleOfViolence
CycleOfViolence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 CycleOfViolence
Member since 2011 • 2813 Posts

Not at all. I didn't go my prom (primarily due to the price).

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 tenaka2
Member since 2004 • 17614 Posts

Don't go to the prom.

carrie

Avatar image for deactivated-5b19214ec908b
deactivated-5b19214ec908b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 deactivated-5b19214ec908b
Member since 2007 • 25072 Posts

I didn't go to mine. I was the only gay person in my year so I had nobody to go with.

Avatar image for WSGRandomPerson
WSGRandomPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#34 WSGRandomPerson
Member since 2007 • 13697 Posts
Not bad at all.
hippiesanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 hippiesanta
Member since 2005 • 10301 Posts

I didn't go to mine. I was the only gay person in my year so I had nobody to go with.

toast_burner
you should bring dudes who did'nt get girls because they are not cool in school
Wolls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Wolls
Member since 2005 • 19119 Posts
Well thats bad timing isnt it. I guess if no one else is going by themselves then I guess I wouldn't go either. I didnt go to my first Prom and felt fine with that but did go to my second and it was pretty fun.
NukaNuked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 NukaNuked
Member since 2011 • 973 Posts

I assure you more than half of OT spent their prom at home, drinking MTN Dew and playing COD.

DarkFadi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 DarkFadi
Member since 2007 • 1915 Posts
[QUOTE="DarkFadi"]"prom" doesnt exist for meSaudiFury
where are you then?

Syria.. enough said
katana_duo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 katana_duo
Member since 2005 • 1751 Posts
I think proms are overrated. Never wanted to go to one.
Papadrach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Papadrach
Member since 2008 • 1965 Posts

If you're in to the whole grinding thing while dancing ( no matter what song it is [except for slow] ) then yes go ahead. For me i dislike dancing. I slow danced with my girlfriend at prom, but that was it because i don't find it fun having her bend over in front of me while i hold her waist. Thats not dancing. The only enjoyable part was the dinner we went to after words at the Cheese Cake Factory. For the amount of money that went into it, I thought it was a waste. Luckily, however, I didnt pay for it.

parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#41 parkurtommo
Member since 2009 • 28295 Posts

[QUOTE="xXShortroundXx"]

MrGeezer

So yeah...skip it.

That's a lot of stars :P
Optical_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Optical_Order
Member since 2008 • 5100 Posts

Generally dances are stupid and pointless unless you're trying to get with a girl, then it' just something you've gotta put up with.

From my experience, I really liked prom becaue I got to go with the girl I really wanted to go with. So we had a great time, actually. If you don't go it won't be a huge deal and I doubt you'll really regret later in life, but it is a once in a lifetime opportunity that I think everyone should try to experience even if they don't end up having the best time.

As long as you find a decent group to have an afterparty with you can't end up having too bad of a time. I say go if you can find a girl.

lpjazzman220

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#43 lpjazzman220
Member since 2008 • 2249 Posts

well as the complete nerd that i am...even tho i had a rather cute girlfriend when i was in high school...b****...i found prom a complete drag...u dance...thats about it...and the music is usually pretty terrible...there are only so many hip hop songs about f****** anywhere that i can take...at least play some dance music...or techno...but no...it was bs music...heck my prom had 1...1 slow dance and it was the last one of the night...personally...i think prom was a waste of time and money...so many better things u could be doin...i actually wished i had taken my girlfriend to the arcade in town and had played ddr until it closed...would have cost less and would have been more fun...and the dancing would have been better too...never seen so many left feet...or so many people just try to hump each other outside of football or porn...so yeah...my advice save ur money...buy a video game instead of a tux...

stupid4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 80

#44 stupid4
Member since 2008 • 3695 Posts

It's boring, but worth going to the for the after parties

X-The-Doctor-X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 X-The-Doctor-X
Member since 2010 • 1268 Posts

I didn't go. I don't care that I didn't either. I've had a regret here or there bout not going but got over it.

ScottMescudi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 ScottMescudi
Member since 2011 • 1550 Posts

Well, its one last gathering with your high school buddies. So I wouldnt miss it

Kakarot589

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Kakarot589
Member since 2007 • 30107 Posts

Nah

I never went to any of the dances at my school and I'm okay with it

EVOLV3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 EVOLV3
Member since 2008 • 12210 Posts

Went to two proms with girlfriend. Both were tons of fun.

Zeller--

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#49 Zeller--
Member since 2009 • 840 Posts

I find proms a bit claustrophobic with all300of our yeargroup in one venueso it's a bit difficult meeting up with everybody butIalways go so I can be part of it.

soulless4now

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#50 soulless4now
Member since 2003 • 41388 Posts

Prom is a waste of hundreds of dollars. You're better off going to see that movie instead.