Do You Think It Matters If You Have Friends Or Not?

• 88 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DeathScape666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

User Lists: 0

#1 DeathScape666
Member since 2005 • 8599 Posts

Can you be normal if you have no friends? Is it a big deal if you do everything on your own, or do you really need someone by your side most of the time?

I think that's a very difficult question. Some people may not like the people around them, and you can't really force them to be friends with people if they don't like anyone that lives near them. The Internet can contact people they like, but you can never really do anything with them, which is unfortunate. But as long as you work out, play sports, play an instrument, and do physical activities, I don't think it really matters if you do it with someone. It's harder to make friends for some people, and some people just don't feel happy with other people.

What are your thoughts?

jakeboudville

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 jakeboudville
Member since 2004 • 90576 Posts
It depends on my mood. Sometimes yes and sometimes i like some alone time
wrfade82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 wrfade82
Member since 2006 • 1565 Posts

Start going outside more often or move somewhere else.

kinger256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 kinger256
Member since 2005 • 1770 Posts
I have the most fun, when im with my friends playing soccer or watching the movies or pissing of of the teachers
BraindeadRacr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#5 BraindeadRacr
Member since 2006 • 2676 Posts
I have alot more fun with like 3 or 4 buddies, than when I'm screwing around on my own.
-hotaru-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 -hotaru-
Member since 2007 • 1380 Posts
I have a couple of friends, it's great to be around with people with the same interests. Then again, I like to have alone time, so one weekend I can be out having fun, or the other I can just playing video games/watching movies all weekend.
Hey_Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Hey_Jay
Member since 2004 • 7221 Posts

When you have friends, you know that you couldn't live without them.

DeathScape666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 DeathScape666

SaugaGames

I guess I could live without them. I do really care about them and all, but I could just find new ones. If they all died, I would be sad, but it wouldn't be that hard for me to move on.

Hey_Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Hey_Jay
[QUOTE="SaugaGames"]

DeathScape666

I guess I could live without them. I do really care about them and all, but I could just find new ones. If they all died, I would be sad, but it wouldn't be that hard for me to move on.

It doesn't sound like you've found true friends.

The___OoofMich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#10 The___OoofMich
Member since 2006 • 1327 Posts
friends are probaly the most important thing to me
Mystic_Legend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Mystic_Legend
Member since 2005 • 960 Posts
Friends are quite important to me, without them I wouldn't laugh like I do everyday, I wouldn't be able to play soccer or basketball unless I play by myself. Does it matter if you have friends? No, it shouldn't, some people just aren't too social and like to be alone. But friends do help you in various ways.
DeathScape666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 DeathScape666
[QUOTE="DeathScape666"][QUOTE="SaugaGames"]

SaugaGames

Well... Sometimes they really piss me off, and sometimes it feels like they don't want to be around me. Like when they give me short answers and don't greet me with a happy smile on their face, more of a, "Hey..." I still like them and all.

blooddemon666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 blooddemon666
Member since 2003 • 22587 Posts

A person couldn't be normal without friends. Humans are an inherently social creature, we need a friendship bond.

It depends on my mood, sometimes i bother my friends to hang out, and other days i don't want to be bothered. 

Hey_Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Hey_Jay
[QUOTE="SaugaGames"][QUOTE="DeathScape666"][QUOTE="SaugaGames"]

DeathScape666

Well... Sometimes they really piss me off, and sometimes it feels like they don't want to be around me. Like when they give me short answers and don't greet me with a happy smile on their face, more of a, "Hey..." I still like them and all.

I know exactly what you mean. I don't mean to bash on those friends, but they don't sound like true friends. Real friends will come along eventually and believe me, you'll be 10x happier when they do.

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 MrGeezer
Member since 2002 • 59765 Posts

I have no friends.

I also have made 34,179 posts on Gamespot alone.

What does that tell you?

If I had friends, I'd probably be out having sex right now, or at the very least socializing with real people. 

DeathScape666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 DeathScape666
[QUOTE="DeathScape666"][QUOTE="SaugaGames"][QUOTE="DeathScape666"][QUOTE="SaugaGames"]

SaugaGames

I know exactly what you mean. I don't mean to bash on those friends, but they don't sound like true friends. Real friends will come along eventually and believe me, you'll be 10x happier when they do.

Yeah, my first year of High School is starting in August 2007, so I am sure to meet some new people. Also, Football and Basketball are starting soon for my new High School, so I'll meet some of the kids early. But maybe I just over-analyze things, but if one of my friends don't call me for a week, (In the Summer, not so much during the School-Year.) I sort of get upset. Oh well, I'm sure these feelings will pass by.

K0PaSk4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 K0PaSk4
Member since 2004 • 15646 Posts

I have no friends.

I also have made 34,179 posts on Gamespot alone.

What does that tell you?

If I had friends, I'd probably be out having sex right now, or at the very least socializing with real people.

MrGeezer
Awww you changed your sig! :( The crab sig was awesome.
Kalel559

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Kalel559
Member since 2003 • 9621 Posts
I think the amount and quality of friends someone has is an important thing.
camreeno360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#19 camreeno360
Member since 2005 • 6850 Posts
From a guy like me who doesn't get much social interaction, I can tell you I wish I had more. I can't give eye contact most of the time, I don't have as much confidence as I could have, and there's really nothing to be proud of.
MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 MrGeezer
Member since 2002 • 59765 Posts

Can you be normal if you have no friends? Is it a big deal if you do everything on your own, or do you really need someone by your side most of the time?

I think that's a very difficult question. Some people may not like the people around them, and you can't really force them to be friends with people if they don't like anyone that lives near them. The Internet can contact people they like, but you can never really do anything with them, which is unfortunate. But as long as you work out, play sports, play an instrument, and do physical activities, I don't think it really matters if you do it with someone. It's harder to make friends for some people, and some people just don't feel happy with other people.

What are your thoughts?

DeathScape666

But to elaborate on my previous reply...

Yeah, I am usually not happy around people. A lot of people piss me off. Usuallys when I'm hanging out and am supposed to be having fun, I just feel downright awkward and uncomfortable. 

But that's when I'm feeling good. When I'm feeling like **** and I feel like I'm sinking into a deep pit of despair, and there's no one I can talk to, suddenly it feels like it'd be better to have someone to open up to.

My parents don't particularly like me, but they have enough sense to stay on good terms with me. Because one day they will be old, they will have lost their minds, and they're going to need someone to take care of them until they finally die.

The thing about friendship is that it ISN'T always comfortable. You can hang out with people every day, but that doesn't make them your freaking friends. Hell, I DO hang out with people almost on a daily basis. Usually after work, I'll drink with my coworkers, and we'll laugh about crap while we're getting an alcohol buzz. And that's kind of nice. After a long day of hard work, it can be refreshing to just hang out with people who are pretending to be your friends. But once again, that's when things are going well. Anyone can have a ****ing drink with another person. But what defines you as a friend is where you are when things start getting uncomfortable for YOU. When **** gets uncomfortable, do you stick around, or do you freaking bail out and go whine on the internet?

Friendship requires sacrifice. And yeah, it can be hard sometimes. If that's not acceptable to you, then fine. I just don't freaking want to hear any damn whining about how you don't have any friends. And I think that saying "I don't need friends, I'm fine on my own" is a freaking copout. That's lame as hell, just the excuse that people use to justify their antisocial behaviour when they're too lazy or cowardly to put up the crap that comes with real friendship. It's a freaking lame excuse, I don't buy it, and I have contempt for anyone who uses it. 

bupp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#21 bupp
Member since 2003 • 929 Posts
I love having friends. The crap we've been through together - helping eachother through relationships, making fun of each other for no reason, doing illegal crap that I won\t go into, just chillin - hell, if anything happened to any of my friends I'd be completely devastated. Of course they can get on my nerves sometimes, but I love them like brothers (and maybe a few sisters).
majadamus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#22 majadamus
Member since 2003 • 10290 Posts
Yes, it does matter if you have friends or not. It may not matter to you, but the people around you are going to think you are weird, suicidal, or a deranged serial killer if you don't have any. The more friends you have the more normal you will seem to others. I have friends, and I do enjoy being around them. They're great for helping you get jobs and hook ups.
ymama2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 ymama2
Member since 2006 • 358 Posts
I have friends,but I really don't like hangin' around them most of the time.
PainKiller_25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 PainKiller_25
Member since 2006 • 2614 Posts

I can be your friend :P :P

soulsofblayck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 soulsofblayck
Member since 2006 • 1591 Posts

Yes, in someways it is. I have one closer (not close) friend and one kind of acquaintance, so basically one friend. Does it matter to me? Not really because he's a good guy and I have fun. I look down on people who need to make a million friends just to feel special. I in fact can't people people on myspace have 200+ friends. It's quality vs quantity.

The_One_White

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#26 The_One_White
Member since 2006 • 1417 Posts
i really only hang about with people when im at school...i'd rather do things on my own outside of school though
blackrytonite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#27 blackrytonite
Member since 2006 • 17172 Posts

It's been years since I've had a friend, and I can honestly say that it matters alot.

By now I'm so used to being alone that I don't really even feel like spending time with my family. 

OfficialJab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 OfficialJab
Member since 2005 • 3249 Posts
Whatever you like. If you enjoy being alone, then that's you and it's fine. There's no problem with it.
ernie1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 ernie1989
Member since 2004 • 8547 Posts
Sometimes there are times when I don't want to be around anybody because they frustrate me. Sometimes I want a friend around because I need to unload what I have to say on them. Sometimes I just want to hang with them and have fun. It depends on how I'm feeling. I think it's important to have at least one. I hate it when I feel like crap and I have nobody to talk to about it. I also hate it when I've been with them for a period of time that I think is longer than long enough. I also try not to make so many friends because I get frustrated at the things people say or do and I really want to teach them a lesson or two, so I try socialize so much with people like that.
TheDarthvader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 TheDarthvader
Member since 2002 • 7916 Posts
if you're talking about having friends in general then yes its very important to have them.
badaboom187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 badaboom187
Member since 2005 • 6917 Posts
well i hang out with my friends 24/7 so without them honestly i will be so lost.
monkeysrfat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#32 monkeysrfat
Member since 2007 • 1789 Posts
Matters heaps. You need someone to keep you company. Its fun just goofing around and stuff. Stuff like riding bikes going to each others houses throwing popcorn at people in the cinema etc
Jenova_Flare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Jenova_Flare
Member since 2007 • 1364 Posts

YES! Everyone should have friends! Alone time is all well and good, but it isnt alone time if you're alone ALL the time! Its the standard!

Honenheim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#34 Honenheim
Member since 2007 • 5402 Posts
It depends on my mood. Sometimes yes and sometimes i like some alone timejakeboudville
Jenova_Flare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Jenova_Flare
Member since 2007 • 1364 Posts

It's been years since I've had a friend, and I can honestly say that it matters alot.

By now I'm so used to being alone that I don't really even feel like spending time with my family. 

blackrytonite

:( Ill be your friend! :)

lovemenow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#36 lovemenow
Member since 2005 • 8001 Posts
no it doesnt..im not a friend type of person myself...as long as your not some emo crying in the corner every night plannig on killing someone its ok not to have friends
RogerC44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 70

#37 RogerC44
Member since 2006 • 2504 Posts
Yeah friends can help you out.
lolzpwnd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 lolzpwnd
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

well all my friends is kickass so i could not live without them ;/

Daytona_178

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Daytona_178
Member since 2005 • 14962 Posts

Friends are quite important to me, without them I wouldn't laugh like I do everyday, I wouldn't be able to play soccer or basketball unless I play by myself. Does it matter if you have friends? No, it shouldn't, some people just aren't too social and like to be alone. But friends do help you in various ways.Mystic_Legend

I love playing with myself!

rowzzr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#40 rowzzr
Member since 2005 • 2385 Posts
in general, yes, you should have friends. ask old people how it feels like that their friends or at least most of them are dead. on second thought, no, dont ask them that. but ask yourself that.
Shadz18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Shadz18
Member since 2005 • 94 Posts
I don't think it does matter as long as your happy without them. I have no friends, just my wife and I'm happy that way. Every friend I've ever had has turned on me and left me at one point or another, I've lost all faith in friendship now. If I ever get more friends then I will but I'm not going to go looking for any anymore. Ever since my best friend left me not long before my wedding over a year ago I've been happier without friends and have found I get on better with women than men, so if I ever get more friends I'd rather them be women, no offence to the guy's out there but all my friends before have been male and they've all been asses , turned on me and left me for no good reason.
blackrytonite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 blackrytonite
Member since 2006 • 17172 Posts
[QUOTE="blackrytonite"]

Jenova_Flare

:( Ill be your friend! :)

^_^

Avatar image for deactivated-583e5f64e0a7e
deactivated-583e5f64e0a7e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#43 deactivated-583e5f64e0a7e
Member since 2003 • 8419 Posts
Of course you need to have friends. As the Sims has taught us, you can't progress in life without them.
CheddarLimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#44 CheddarLimbo
Member since 2006 • 3909 Posts

It's debatable, but I think in addition to basic needs like food and shelter all humans have a need for human contact.  There are many doors in life we can (and should) pass through alone, but I don't think its healthy for anyone to be completely solitary all the time.

Some people choose to isolate themselves because reaching out to other people is difficult sometimes, and it means risking your feelings.  Most of the time people who choose to do that are just scared at the possibility of rejection.

Having friends and companions also allows you to expand your world view by talking and interacting with people who have thoughts and emotions that aren't the same as yours.  I would think having no friends at all would be very boring. 

JIMMYLONGLEGS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#45 JIMMYLONGLEGS
Member since 2005 • 419 Posts
I have loads of freinds, but, only two are very close freinds, who i can share anything with, trust with my life, and share my deepest secrets without worry.
Mercury88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Mercury88
Member since 2005 • 5674 Posts

I think it does matter, to not have any friends is a little odd...

makaveli2344

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 makaveli2344
Member since 2007 • 3106 Posts

What are your thoughts?

DeathScape666

A)No Such thing as normal 

B) Yuo alwayus need someone who will support you, and sometimes thats not a friend. To Each His Own I guess. 

Maui00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#48 Maui00
Member since 2004 • 8747 Posts

I have many friends. I like to chill with my friends, go to the beach with them, play sports, and go to parties and clubs. Friends make live more enjoyable and happy. I don't know how it feels not to have friends, but having them (true friends) is great.

AngelB1ack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 AngelB1ack
Member since 2005 • 7936 Posts
Some people have to be around others to make themselves feel better or feel like they are having fun. I think people like that are weak and if they were stuck out in the woods one night all by themselves they would freak out. People that need to be around others all the time need to look into themselves and figure out who they are as a person.
NaiKoN9293

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 NaiKoN9293
Member since 2004 • 4102 Posts
Im pretty sure psychologists would say having friends is one of the most important things for a happy life. But I dont have any friends so I wouldnt know